FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Malcom

Malcom had fallen asleep during the whole boat ride, and had not seen that the ship had wrecked itself. "GREAT! JUST GREAT!" He yelled in frustration. He turned to Jake. "How exactly did we wind up here?" He said, still a little exasperated from his rage.

Weiss

Weiss pulled herself up from the wreckage. She had never been on a boat before, but she knew it wasn't supposed to do that. Well, that's two things I've wrecked today. She thought.

Henry

The Plegian dark mage almost completely ignored the wreckage and went to find the girl he saw while he and Malcom were originally approaching the group. She wore clothing similar to his, and she seemed like she'd be fun to talk to. He eventually found her... vomiting into the ocean. "You okay?" Hes asked after she had finished. 

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven

Raven woke up face first in the sand. He pulled himself up and began spitting sand out. "*hack* *ptooey* By Elimine, that was a trip. Too bad about the boat, though. At least we're all still alive, right? Come on, we're not too far from where we need to go.

Gimli

Gimli squirmed wildly as he lay waist deep in the sand upside down. Raven ran over and pulled as hard as he could. After a few moments, Gimli finally got out of the sand. "Good ta know someone is nearly as strong as I am." Raven got back to where he was standing. He looked around, and then at Jake. "Oh, no. Jake, have you seen the body anywhere? I can't find it, and if it's out to sea..." Raven became slightly worried as he continued to look for the dead older man.

Two dark-skinned soldiers, however did not wake up by the rain and just laid there. Maybe not for all eternity, but someone would as well find them lying there in the long one. Kyodaina meanwhile was very close to opening her eyes as Tomas regained his consciousness.

Jake

“That should be—oh gods, what about Chuks?” Jake feared. He went to Chuks and found his body lying there in the rain. Maybe the ship had knocked him out more than the others did. Regardless, he tried looking around the beach for others that might have escaped a similar fate.

(OOC Note: Time to update the OOC topic with an announcement. Seems like half of the original quartet are left.)

Edited by NoahStratos
minor brain fart

"Just a moment... and that should do it." Vanessa backs off a little to sit on the stone partially soaked by the rain, sheltered by the wide rocky ceilings. In front of her, the pegasus, and Lim, is a dimly lit bonfire that she started using firewoods and flints she had gathered prior to their eventual wake. The way it wavers, it gives warmth despite the rain sending cold air throughout.

"Brrr...c-can't we just a better place like a house, o-or a cave, or s-something better than here?" Arms crossed and shivering, Lim is visibly regretting the choice of having to take off his cloth and stay topless.

"I'm not surefire that I've overlooked other alternatives, so this is what we have right now." Responded Vanessa, "It's an unfortunate mess. Everyone has gone weary and there's little thing to do when rain still pours down like this. I could only admit that I'm not well informed of we, as a group, are trying to achieve, and why are we risking ourselves through a visible danger no ordinary human would dare to cross."

"I... also can say the same," Lim added, "I'm clueless as hell when I ended up here out of nowhere. Without a clear purpose nor direction to follow... it's just difficult to keep up with things that I'm not very familiar with. It doesn't help now that my glasses broke and I'm feeling this chilly...it's the worst feeling I've ever felt so far."

"Please don't despair now." She said, "Often times, there are hardships that everyone will have to bear together. That's when one has to stand up and work their way to solve their problem. You're not alone to bear the brunt, we too suffer from it, and we are trying our best to get through it."

Having said enough, Vanessa stood on her feet to face the group, "I believe that things will sort out eventually. When the time comes, we'll find a way to fix what we couldn't before, so try to keep a cool head. I'm going to call everyone to gather by the bonfire until the weather is as light as a drizzle to proceed."

Jake

The humble part-time hunter turned makeshift soldier caught the sight of a small alcove that Lim and Vanessa had huddled themselves into and walked towards the pegasus knight. “You called or something? The sky is looking very purple. I don’t believe that rain is going to die out anything soon. We might have to storm the castle by ourselves in order to put this endless rain to an end.”

Outside the little cave, other than the lying dark-complexioned mage and fighter, a priest and a knight were laying softly on the grassy bed. Brady was tossing around in his sleep. Dolce had gone somewhere near the ocean to treat her seasickness.

Tomas, the Archanean archer was lying a few feet away from Kyodaina. Jake turns towards Vanessa, and said, “I need to go check on Tomas and Kyodaina first. I’ll try to wake them up.”

Jake walks out of the makeshift shelter into the rain, soaking Jake as he nudged Tomas’s head.

Gimli

Gimli walked over and picked up the body. Oddly enough, it was warm, but still clearly unresponsive. "I think the sooner we get to that castle, the sooner our friend stirs from his slumber.

Raven

"I agree, let's get moving and get to the bottom of this. I'm sure all of us want to go home."

"Are we going to storm that castle just ahead of us?" Vanessa continued, "Because that sounds like a plan. ...Depends if we're still strong enough to fend them off."

"Excuse me?" Lim joined in, "Seems like I'm hearing some people trying to do some swashbuckling! Also, what do you mean by 'them?' Bandits? Guards? Monsters?"
"I can barely make out of what they are exactly. Most of them just don't look...human." She answered, "And no, we're not playing pirates. We're doing some...justified extermination."

"Well then!" Lim stood up eagerly from the sandy surface, "Give me something that isn't a book, and I'll make short work of them before they could get any nearer!"
"Your willingness is appreciated, but remember that this isn't a game. You could suffer even more if you're not careful." She warned.

"Yeah, I get that. Besides, we got lots of fearsome fighters by our side too!" He perked up, "...So...what do?"

Jake

Jake looked at Lim after he heard his request to tussle with the enemy faction. He sighed. “It appears we may have more dormant people that I expected. By the time William’s awake, it would be too late to take any further action… and his armor would show some rust… if I’m not mistaken. There’s not many blacksmiths here in Levfia.”

Blood red lightning strikes the fields up ahead. “We might as well…” Jake lamented.

It was time to take on the castle. What could be causing this inexorable storm?

Few minutes later…

Jake and the remaining members of his army walk towards the castle dreading an ambush. Predictably, a legion of monsters and militia swarm the area around them. The only way out… wait for backup.
Jake sweated. “Y’know with all these singularities happening, I’m just wondering whether a big damn hero will show up just in time to save us… not that it matters right now. Let’s hold them off.”

Chapter 2 Battle: Six Degrees of Chaos

Map in spoiler.

Spoiler

58092d41b8d091af9814db0b7ad86fc4.png

Main Objective: Defend for 8 turns
Second Objective: Visit the green area for signs of people

Blue units are placeable inside the blue border.
Blue units allowed in battle: 6~10

Spoiler

Green Units:
Jake - Lv1 - Iron Bow - 18 HP - V22

Red Units:
(Reinforcements will appear every turn!)
Cleric - Lv2 - Heal - 18 HP - J3
Koopa Troopa - Lv2 - Shell Toss - 18 HP - Q5
Slime (I) - Lv1 - 18 HP - Bounce - W3

More details in spreadsheet.
(OOC Note: Finally we start a new battle... too bad we're down 8 units. But we gained about 6 at least!
Formatting might be a bit different the last time we fought.)

Vanessa

Twining the rope around the wooden pole, her grip becomes much more tighter as to not let loose of her weapon. Now mounted for a proper combat, Vanessa situates her pegasus at R22. This way, she can easily reach and flank foes that might appear from the group's surroundings, while keeping an eye to those who are needing help.

I wonder what the others in Frelia are doing... Did my absence cause them worry? They have the answer, but they couldn't tell me now. I never thought that I would've gotten lost to an encounter with these foreign people, especially Princess Elice. Still, it's uncharacteristic of me to let my drive to take decisions for me, but it might be that I'm just to used to orders during my duty as a knight. I can't promise for how long I will be here, but should the chance comes to, I will make it back.

Lim

Having to put his clothes back, the slant-eyed man saunters to R21, sounding grumpier than those partaking the skirmish. The tome he holds already had its ink blurred wet, cover and pages necessary for spellcasting soaked partially. Though it wasn't because the tome caught seawater in the shipwreck, his moody outlook derived from his incapability to use the tome, and how there weren't any spares of edged weapons they're about to use.

"Yeah, alright. I'll follow your advice." He deadpanned, I lacked focus, huh? Was that really the cause to it and not because I have no talent? No matter, if what Vanessa said was right, then that might be the case. After all, there's no harm in trying to see if I CAN actually do this.

Chapter 2 Player Phase Turn 1

Spoiler

495381cc1dde647d17a6a263f90d3f53.png

Blue Units:
Malcom - Lv1 - Fire - 16 HP - Q21
Lim - Lv2 - Thunder - 18 HP - R21
Henry - Lv1 - Flux - 22 HP - Q23
Vanessa - Lv2 - Iron Lance - 18 HP - R22
Raven - Lv2 - Iron Sword - 21 HP - S22
Weiss - Lv2 - Rapier - 18 HP - Q22
Gimli - Lv3 - Walking Axe - 28 HP - T20

Begin…

Notice: Existing blue units before the chapter started can rejoin during the player phase. The unit rejoining must deploy near another ally (close enough to trigger movement skills like Swap and Reposition). A maximum of 3 units only can join mid-battle for a total of 10 blue units.

(OOC Note: Huh. 8 turns. How symbolic is that? Other than what else was going to be in this note, I'm just puzzled about where Toyo went. I also misconstrued the available deploying area to include tiles near the border instead of limiting the area to what's inside the blue box, so Raven had to be pushed to S22. Hope it still satisfies the condition.)

"...Oh? It appears that I saw something from the wall just to the left of us." Vanessa informed, "I couldn't get a clearer vision of it from here, however. All I could make out the most was...the treasure chest."

"Arrr!" Lim added a rough sounding tone, "That name screams treasure! If flying pirates exist, your fine eyesight for these would drag you to a world of fortune!"

"...Because I'm telling the first thing I saw?"

"Let's put it this way. How does a treasure chest lay by a place that seems out of place? They don't! They can be there only because somebody left it there! For us to open forcefully to obtain items stored inside! It was a clicheous way of showing mercy to make our lives easier, and thus, it's clear that they were mocking us all this time!"

"......Right, let's drop that subject and stay alert. I'll be taking the lead."

The flaps gave rise for her to float higher than the tallest of the group. Once she is sure that nobody is on the way, Vanessa dashes forward to P17.

"Eh, okay then. Take care." Lim waved his hand at the pegasus knight, "Alright, now what are we going to do? I think I'll stick around just so I don't get hit, whoever I'm trying to follow suit."

Raven

"Is that... a turtle? And it's walking upright? " Raven was perplexed, but everything was only getting weirder for him. "Guess I should head back to the beach. Who knows if anyone is still there." Raven moves to N22.

Gimli

Gimli peered around the wall at the blue... whatever that was... and decided he needed to deal with it. Gimi moves to W18.

Lim

"...And they scattered themselves. They did say I should be on the backlines or whatever. Maybe I should keep my pace onward and see what happens."

Lim walks towards the defense tile on P19.

• 2 weeks later...

Enemy Phase Turn 1

The Cleric moves to N4.

The Koopa Troopa moves to Q10.

The blob of blue smiling goo hops towards S4.

Enemy Mercenary appeared at B11.
Enemy Green Slime from another world appeared at G23.
Enemy Flamie from another world appeared at W9.

Other Phase Turn 1

Jake moves to Q22 in order to hunt down the reinforcements that just appeared before the army.

Player Phase Turn 2

Spoiler

b163d1838b2e825ef2252e00ccade1ff.png

Blue Units:
Malcom - Lv1 - Fire - 16 HP - M21
Lim - Lv2 - Thunder - 18 HP - P19
Henry - Lv1 - Flux - 22 HP - O19
Vanessa - Lv2 - Iron Lance - 18 HP - P17
Raven - Lv2 - Iron Sword - 21 HP - N22
Weiss - Lv2 - Rapier - 18 HP - O18
Gimli - Lv3 - Walking Axe - 28 HP - W18

(OOC Note: How anti-climatic of a wait... anyways, some units had to be moved a bit due to movement limits. Sorry about that folks.)

Vanessa

The loud flaps of her pegasus places her not too distant from the group on the rear side. Not that she had expected anything besides having others to catch up due to her mount advantage, or at least when she caught sight of a downstream gently heading to the seas just beyond her, a wooden bridge situated to the east. And on the other side of it, is what appears to be a turtle-like creature, charging mockingly on its 'boots' with one of its hands reaching for the back of its shell. It comes as obvious that the monster intends to defend the castle, and it could try removing it to throw at her and the group.

However, it doesn't seem to be in time on reaching the other side yet. The infantries on the rear could still come closer into combat, and they do have the upper hand against the enemy. Instead of engaging the first strike, Vanessa moves to L14 to keep her distance should it carelessly comes to the riverside she could reach, while trying to inspect something on the northwestern part of the castle walls.

Lim

"Right, that's a weird looking thing just ahead." He commented with a smirk, "That looks weak, so I'm going to take care of this one!"

Lim carries himself through the plains to R16.

Edited by HyperMorian
Unsure of civilian class movement is 4 or 5, decides to use 5.

Enemy Phase Turn 2

The Green Slime wanted to pick on the scrawny man with the book, but after it took a short glimpse of Raven, it shrunk in fear and huddled itself at H20.

The Mercenary moves to B16.

The Flamie moves to T11.

The Koopa Troopa moseys towards T12 to acts as a meat shield for a enemy that seemed a bit familiar to it.

The Slime with the smile squirms to Q7.

The Cleric adjoins the Slime at P7.

Enemy Woodfly from another world appeared at G8.
Enemy Goomba from another world appeared at Q3.

Other Phase Turn 2

Jake moves to Q17 and activates Rally Strength.
Weiss, Henry, and Lim had their STR boosted by 4 for 1 turn.

Player Phase Turn 3

Spoiler

76af45f66aed9b4126831e7cd49249d1.png

Blue Units:
Malcom - Lv1 - Fire - 16 HP - J23
Lim - Lv2 - Thunder - 18 HP - Q16
Henry - Lv1 - Flux - 22 HP - R16
Vanessa - Lv2 - Iron Lance - 18 HP - L14
Raven - Lv2 - Iron Sword - 21 HP - K24
Weiss - Lv2 - Rapier - 18 HP - R15
Gimli - Lv3 - Walking Axe - 28 HP - T16

(OOC Note: Had to shift some blue unit positions yet again...)

Raven turned the corner at H22 and saw the squishy green mass. it didn't have a particular smell, but it sounded like the sloshing of boots in mud. "Malcolm, we have something. Attack it from the other side of the wall with that Fire tome, and maybe it will fall back."

Gimli moves to T15 to head off the overgrown turtle and what appeared to be a sentient fireball running towards them. "I'm making us some turtle soup tonight."

Edited by Hylian Air Force

"Fire magic?"  Malcom thought to himself. Suddenly, he noticed the book in his hand. Realizing that he had to use it to attack the slime creature, he moved to K20 and started to read aloud the text in the book. Suddenly, a fireball appeared from his hand and went sailing towards the green pulsating mass of goo. "Huh. Neat."

Henry moved to S13 to attack the overfed turtle.

Weiss, realizing Gimli and the white-haired boy probably had this covered, stayed put.

Vanessa

Looking back, it's apparent that the turtle monster doesn't stop to a spot where she can reach in for a lunge. A little disappointed, but there's little to worry about since the group could take them down with relative ease. Instead of turning back to assist the group, Vanessa marches on forward to the forestry in G16.

"A human swordsman among monsters? This could only mean more trouble." She mutters as she tightens the grip of the lance's shaft in a defensive stance.

Lim

Despite what he intends to do with the monster just ahead the bridge's choke point, the others already had already started their move. As he can see it, the place would be cramped if he try to fit in, becoming more of a roadblock that isn't going to really favor what he had in mind.

"Ah, well, yeah. Whatever." Lim turns his back and moves to L16.