FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Lim

As electricity surrounds the tome in his sinister hand, his other hand raises a gesture, plummeting down to release a shock wave that fades afterwards. His appearance is no different, but the look within the broken lenses of his eyeglasses shows the firmness of his purpose. Of course, he is more than just proud to witness the grandeur of magic, he also gets to express how he loathes his former community by putting themselves to 'sleep' by his own hand.

"Yes yes, that's right. That's very right. This power is gifted only to me and me alone. But now, it's not going to end just yet. Where did you run off into? Because I'm coming for you, and I mean it. I really MEAN it."

Lim moves to D18 to perform a joint assault with Raven against the Archer.

Vanessa

Aloft in the air, Vanessa caught glimpse of an Archer rushing in, his bow's string stretched and fitted with an arrow ready to be released. This could mean trouble should her Pegasus be shot by another arrow, just like in the past hour before they went to sail a shipwreck through the raging waves. But it doesn't interest her to flinch or feel ill of his presence, because obviously, she shouldn't be engaging these kind of enemies, yet.

...So it seems that I no longer needed to worry. But I must remain watchful and do my part. To start with...

Her decision is made, but before so, she decides to give the Archer a little parting gift -- a taunt in the form of a wink, followed with a pull further from her former position because anything else than that would've been too overboard. Next, she maneuvers to J20, her target locked upon the unsuspecting Mage that comes creeping, lance in hand.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven attacks the hostile bowman.

Raven (Mercenary) vs Archer

Iron Sword | 100% HIT | 6 DMG | 1% CRT ↑
Silver Bow | —% HIT | — DMG | —% CRT ↓

Taste his blade, punk.
-6 (Archer: 9/19)
Hurts quite a lot.

Raven gained 1 Sword EXP.
Raven gained 10 EXP.

Gimli axes someone a question.

Gimli (Barbarian) vs Soldier

Walking Axe | 89% HIT | 13 DMG | 0% CRT ↑ x2
Bronze Lance | 77% HIT | 0 DMG | 0% CRT ↓

Gimli is on the attack.
-13 (Soldier: 6/19 HP)
Massive damage.

The Soldier thrusts the lance downward to hit the dwarf.
NO DAMAGE!
Touche.

Gimli doubles.
-13 (Soldier: 0/19 HP)
No match for him.

Gimli gained 2 Axe EXP.
Gimli gained 29 EXP.

Weiss finishes off the fluttering foe.

Weiss (Myrmidon) vs Woodfly

Rapier | 88% HIT | 9 DMG | 13% CRT x2
Flashy Scales | 77% HIT | 0 DMG | 0% CRT

Weiss attacks.
-9 (Woodfly: 1/19 HP)
Ouch.

The Woodfly attacks.
NO DAMAGE!
Nothing happened.

Weiss gets a second attack (I forgot that the first time she attacked it)
-9 (Woodfly: 0/19 HP)
The withered baddie falls into the stream and is washed away by its currents.

Weiss gained 2 Sword EXP.
Weiss gained 28 EXP.

Henry foretells dark times for the cleric.

Henry (Dark Mage) vs Cleric

Flux | 70% HIT | 3 DMG | 0% CRT
Heal | —% HIT | — DMG | —% CRT

Henry gets in the only hit of the battle.
-3 (Cleric: 15/18 HP)
A small hit.

Henry gained 1 Dark EXP.
Henry gained 10 EXP.

Lim tries out his new promotion.

Lim (Mage) vs. Archer

Thunder | 77% HIT | 9 DMG | 2% CRT ↑
Silver Bow | —% HIT | — DMG | —% CRT ↓

Lim gets in some action.
-9 (Archer: 0/19 HP)
A bolt of brilliance!

Lim gained 4 Thunder EXP.
Lim gained 33 EXP.

Lim got a Chest Key.

Vanessa chases down the Mage.

Vanessa (Pegasus Knight) vs Mage

Iron Lance | 95% HIT | 9 DMG | 0% CRT ↑
Thunder | 70% HIT | 2 DMG | 1% CRT ↓

Vanessa gets in the first attack.
-9 (Mage: 8/17 HP)
The pain is high.

The dangerous disciple fires upon the Pegasus Knight
-2 (Vanessa: 12/18 HP)
Not much damage.

Vanessa gained 1 Lance EXP.
Vanessa gained 10 EXP.

Enemy Phase Turn 8

The Thief stood still, watching Raven and Lim like a hawk.
The remaining Woodfly hurries to H9.
The Goomba at T9 retreats to V6.
The Goomba that was hit by Henry scurries to U8.
The Fighter moves to S11, intent on attacking Gimli.
The quarter of gelatinous gunk in a square stay still
The slime in the castle, though, heads to P9.
The Bubblie hides in F13, despite elemental disadvantages.
The Mage heads towards K16, in order to prey on Weiss.
The Cleric heads to T8 and Assaults the dwarf.

Gimli (Barbarian) vs Cleric

Assault | 71% HIT | 7 DMG | 0% CRT
Walking Axe | —% HIT | — DMG | —% CRT

The Cleric gets in one last hit.
-7 (Gimli: 21/28 HP)
Too bad she forgot that Gimli ate a hearty meal before attacking the Soldier.

Gimli gained no Axe EXP.
Gimli gained 1 EXP.

Other Phase Turn 8

Jake anticipates something, as he stood vigilantly on the defense tile, making no single step off the square of fortitude.

Final Results

Spoiler

1ae396075dfb85e5fcb75622b5a07d0d.png

Chapter 2 cleared.
All Foreign character sheets positions (1 per player) are now available.

(OOC Note: more blue unit position shifting. good thing lim's promote mattered)

Edited by NoahStratos
Fixed battles

Meanwhile… at the shipwreck.

William got up on his armored knees and Brady held his head up to see that the rain was starting to slow in velocity. Did the two boys miss something?

A streak of green courage streaks by as a elvish yell resounded across the island. Bow in hand, he dashed across the landscape, heading towards the castle.

William couldn’t believe what he just saw.

Jake

“It’s a dire situation!” Jake panicked. “The army just keeps on adding more troops. They’re just trying to exhaust us. I swear, if something else—”

A windy gale tosses the enemies aside as the elf in green rushes towards a castle as a shattering sound refractures across the castle fields. The army dissipates and the rain disappears before their eyes.

“What the hell just happened?”

The assailant strolls out of the castle. A hero chosen by divinity had arrived to save the day.

Jake was not amused of the predictable outcome. “Could somebody talk to him? He might know of the army of doom we just fought,” Jake clips as he sports a slight frown of disappointment.

The lifeless body on Raven’s back suddenly opened his eyes.

Simón

Simón slides off of the back of a young man with a rather large sword. "Lo siento, señor. I apologize for being a burden for you to carry during mi muerte. I am Simón, and I am glad you didn't bury me." Simón felt something awaken inside of him, like he had awakened God's holy power.

Simón has unlocked the Paragon Skill. He now will gain more EXP for healing.

Raven

"You are very civil, like any priest should be. Anyway, our little group has expanded considerably since your untimely demise. The short one over there is Gimli." "Like from Lord of the Rings?" said Simón. "I wouldn't know, I've never heard of such a tale. We should move on." Raven and the priest found Jake and Gimli standing next to one another.

Gimli

"So, it seems you woke up all good, am I right? Me name's Gimli, and I do wonder what happened to you." Simón didn't feel comfortable talking about it, especially to someone he thought only existed in British Literature... or American movies. He did look at Jake, however. "Where is everyone else? I don't see Chuks or the girls anywhere. I don't even see Anna." He looked down at the ground. " I'm not going to like what I hear, am I? "

Jake

Simon suddenly wanted Jake’s attention. Something about Anna and the African human that Jake watched over.

The stern archer walked over to the now alive body. “Oh hey, Simon. Didn’t expect you to be alive again, eh? Currently, Anna was taken by the army we just fended against. For the other point you mentioned? Vanessa from Magvel had to put one of the girls to rest at my place. Seems like something bad happened to them. As for Chuks and… was it Kyodaina? We came here to investigate abnormal activity and the shipwreck we went through knocked out both of them cold. Seems like they might not come back to their senses.”

The elf coughed to gather attention. Jake held up a finger. “Hold on, I think we need to do other things first before we have a conversation.”

As soon as the fighting had started, Brady and William went out like a light. Unfortunate timing, on their part, and wherever Dolce ran off to, it probably involved finding Pico.

William

"The heck happened? I miss something?" A mite bit dizzy, he pulled himself up. "What's going on? Hey, guys?" Luckily, his lance was still on him, allowing him an object to prop himself up with. Much the same for Brady's staff.

Brady

"Ya mind keepin' it down. You could raise the Risen with that voice of yers." A small flick to William's head later, he would make his way to the group. "What did us lazy slouches miss?" Apparently, they didn't hear the elf speak.

Jake

Brady and William showed up just as the army that hounded them for a good while had left Levfia.

Jake was notified of what William had said earlier. “Well, if you want to know what you meant by elf, this pointy-eared gentlemen in green somehow had the decency to saves us in the nick of time. You passed out in the shipwreck, haven’t you?”

The elf was now looking at Jake with a puzzling look. Jake asked him, “What’s your name?”

He just made a yell.

Jake didn’t look satisfied, by the looks of the elf’s tone. “I’m guessing that you can’t even talk. Perchance somebody has some parchment and a quill?”

The elf in front of them didn't look too dissimilar to Legolas, but it wasn't Legolas or any other elf he'd seen before. "I doubt whatever elvish I know can help, as he may be from elsewhere and I may offend him." Gimli wrote down the phrase "who are you" in Elven, just to make sure the elf wasn't one of Middle Earth at all.

At the same moment, the Asian is seen taking a peek outside of a broken boat laid upside-down, located on the north-western side of the shore. 

"Is it over now? ...Looks like so." He mumbles to himself before crawling out of the small boat, with his hands on a wooden paddle which he found while hiding under the boat. He kept it in case if a hostile being approached him, he can just whack them up with the paddle... if he can. 

The rain was no longer there and the sky began to show a clear colour of blue. The sea began to calm down and the breeze was less chilling than earlier.

He diverts his attention at the group of fighters and notices that... a lot of them are fictional characters from books, movies and video games from his world. And some of them were from one of his favourite games.

"...Whoever transported me to this world, I need to thank them for getting me out of that dull society...", he said to himself with a grin of excitement, though not as excited as the American guy who also came with him. Then he began to walk to where the fighters are at, with his right hand holding the paddle.

Lim

"So you see...me and my magic are simply inseparable reckon of force. Now that you've seen something worse than acupuncture done wrong, prepare yourself to feel...wait a minute."

After a little while of letting his manic loose, Lim looks around, perplexed by the prospect of absence filling the air around him. The Archer he just zapped, the monsters appearing left and right, literally gone from sight. Is there something amiss to him? He tries to get another good look, spotting the crowd formed nearby the outer castle's walls. True, he's being left out, but that's not a problem because now he can use magic! ...Right? ...No crickets, but no time to waste either. He makes a run to approach the group, tome closed in hand, his mysterious garb fluttering in motion.

Vanessa

Dismounted, she stands still not far from them, keeping watch of Titania grazing over the grasses sprouting tall within their sinking feet. She momentarily keeps herself to listen as to not disturb their queries upon the demi-human in green tunic; at one side, suspicious of his distinctive quirks, on the other, unsure of what he just did is of good will or a coincidence.

But that's not the least of bizarre things she had seen, though it might be more of miraculous to some. The body that Raven carried along within the past turmoil, now wide awake, words coming out from his lips. She cannot vouch for certain if he was sleeping all this time, or was it being possessed by a curious spirit within the lands they are standing at.

"Yo." A voice called out from the back, making her to lean to her back. It was Lim, looking more brighter than where the shipwreck took place. "Did you just see me rollin'?"
"...? See what?" She asks.
"What do you mean 'see what?!'" His voice raises, "You're missing out my flashy wizardly moves. Now I'm disappointed of your disinterest of my achievement. At least I deserve some honor!"
"Ah, congratulations, good for you, I guess."

Though her compliment is evidently forced, it gives a smile on his face. At least that's better than nothing, he thought, looking at the back of the group discussing with several new faces. But his focus is more directed toward the entity in green outfit, almost as if he recognized him, but unsure of where he had seen him last time.

"That guy... Ah, right! You must be Zelda!" Lim shouts out loud, pointing his finger at him.

The elf groaned in disgust at Lim’s remark.

Jake took his expression as a sign of displeasure. “I think he doesn’t like being called that. Please, stranger, write down your name on the scroll Gimli gave to you.”

The elf did, but this time the script he wrote in wasn’t even in Elven. Four mysterious glyphs were printed on the parchment.

The humble Levfian archer scratched his head, “I think we need a translator for this.”

The American had hidden in a fishing boat with the seats for some reason cut out. He noted the stopping of the rain, which he was somewhat bummed about. He had lived in Montana, and he remembered it not raining a lot, and viewed rain like a rare occurrence that should be celebrated. He also loved getting wet

He peeked our over the boat, and when he saw no adversaries, he got out, and started walking towards the group. He was walking at a slightly faster pace then the Asian, which meant he had reached the group faster. He was also there to hear Lim calling the elf Zelda. He seemed to groan in sync with the Elf. “That just hurt me on so many levels.”

William

This world was surreal to him — Though his passion back home, kept him busy with his cooking, he'd played a /few/ games. Dolce wasn't unrecognizable — It was casual enough, and didn't involve much investment on his end. Most of these characters, however, escaped his memory. Although, because he, nor Brady, had anything meaningful to say, here would remain quiet.

Dolce

Finally showing herself once again, she had a bit of a pout, on her face. A heartbroken gaze poured from her eyes, as she rejoined the group. Pico had to be here, with her, somewhere, right. . .?

Jake

Jake was still waiting for a response from the elf. The bumbling husband of a storeclerk turned his attention towards Raven and Vanessa instead. “I heard you found two new men lying flat on the battleground, correct? Maybe we should ask both of them who they are.”

Matt and Liao however had escaped Jake’s sight.

“...Or maybe we should let someone try to find both of them. They might be hiding where the tidal waves struck Aliese.”

As Liao is getting closer to the group, he waves at them with a paddle.

"Did somebody summon me?", said the guy in a tone loud enough for them to hear and understand what he is saying.

"The name's Liao. Or Lee for short. Thanks for not trying to rob and kill me while I'm lying unconsciously on the ground without knowing wherever the hell I am right now."

Matt never liked to be ignored, so he yelled this next part out, right after Liao spoke. “And I am Matt! Thanks for not killing me! Death is not something that I want!” When he thought that they had heard him, he went back to normal talking. “Anyways, why do you have this idiot on your team?” He said, mentioning to Lim. “Why would you think this elf is Zelda? That is really stupid, y’know?” Matt looked like he was on the verge of laughing 

Jake

Jake was visibly disconcerted. “Matt, before you lash out on the mage with the glasses, do you actually know who this elf is? We’ve been trying to know his name and all we got from him was his indecipherable writing.”

“No, I don’t know who he is. I have an idea, but I doubt that it is right. But couldn’t one of you just use your tome to communicate? What, is it impossible to write in it? But don’t let that idiot mage do it.” He said, mentioning at Lim

Edited by Poimagic

Jake

Jake tried to stop Lim and Matt from lashing against each other. “That’s not the right way to greet each other. If Lim said he’s Zelda, then what is the name Zelda usually linked—”

The elf’s ears perked up. Jake noticed his reaction. “Guys, I think we solved the mystery!”

Across the island however was a maiden hailing from France, the same place that Gabrielle had hailed from. This time however, she presented herself as a lady with fair hair and skin. This was Joan of Arc, but much different than the ones the humans from the real world spoke of in legends. She noticed her flag disappeared before her eyes, and ended up wielding a spear with wavering strands of cloth, not unlike the huge embossed blanket that was her flag.

The castle in the distance made her realize this was not truly a war zone as she had expected a couple times before. It now looked serene, but there was still an air of uneasiness. She hurried down the hill she stood on to find whoever seemed familiar to her.

Jeanne is free to post.

Lim

During what he would call 'unpleasant' being placed upon him, he stayed still, mouth clamped and arms crossed. While it's true, there's definitely a breathing piece of crap deserving a rightful smiting right a few meters ahead, he knew for a reason that this person...is definitely unpopular with girls, and he explicitly pitied him for failing miserably through the clicking of his tongue.

Instead, he returns a mocking smirk along with a shrug, "Man, and here I thought I'd get lectured by some smarty-pants. Turns out he's just a brat who just lost his cool in a whim." His hand went rubbing his chin as his eyes are directed at Matt, "Yeah, we don't know everything in the works, but calling one with a slur out of the blue? Why, I bet you're not-"

Vanessa

"This is a waste of time." Before Lim could finish, she interjected with a displeased tone, "Granted, we can temporarily rest at ease, but we mustn't stray from our main objective. We needn't to know his name, but his motive as to why he comes here. That explains more things than what we've been doing by now, and I'm certain that we're getting the same idea."

As soon as she says that, she stands up to fetch the lance where she had put it, disinterested with the occurring mouthing between the two men. She reaches for where Titania is standing, climbs on the saddle and sets herself back on her mount. "I'm going to patrol around the perimeter. Chances are they still remain around the castle." With the wings of her Pegasus opening wide and flapping, she finds herself aloft and further from the group by taking the lead.

Jake

By pure accident, Jake and his army now knew Link’s name. Jake told Link about what Vanessa requested and gave him back the scroll. He drew something on the back.

The less choleric archer took a good look and what he drew. It showed a small figure with a cap, presumably that same Link and numerous monsters with lances and swords. Most striking were his usage of two ellipses positioned as if they both bordered the drawing. They had a distinct swirl to it..

“Doesn’t look good. Those must be some kind of gate. Must be…” Jake had a slight revelation. “Outrealm Gates. I don’t know how those came to your world but it sounds like you need our help.”

Link subsequently pointed towards the castle. As Jake shouted to his crew about moving in towards the castle to investigate the recent skirmish, Jake thought, “Even though we didn’t move one inch into the castle?”

Jeanne d’Arc 

Jeanne had been running towards a group of people, that her ruler class powers had noted. The people in the group however, did not seem to be an servants. She wondered why this was, since her powers normally allowed her to only see servant locations. It must be that my powers were altered slightly when I arrived. But, was I Summoned here by someone, similar to how I was summoned to help that Servant Mash and her master defeat my alter ego?That might be the case, She thought to herself. I just wonder what time this is. I hope I could find some help

Matt

Matt looked at Lim with a raised eyebrow, as of the insult didn’t work. He then just shrugged and turned to Link. “I knew my guess was right! But which incarnation are you...”, he then said, walking over to Link, beginning to look at him from all different sides. “Not the toon version, to serious. And not the breath of the wild version either, no blue tunic....” He then realized something. “Wait, if Vanessa and Link are in this world...” He then looked at the rest of the group, seeing Wiess, Henry, Brady, and Raven. His eyes widen. “I understand now!” He says. He then promptly faints, a goofy smile on his face.

Jeanne had seen this in the distance, and then assumed the worst. That the group had attacked the young man. Either that, or the man in green had knocked the man unconscious. She then charged, and was near the group. She then attacked, aiming her Lance at Link’s head.

Jake

The hero in green noticed something flying right towards his head and promptly took out a shield. Jake and co watched the lance helplessly tumble to the ground.

“What was that for?” Jake complained. Soon enough, a blonde woman was standing on higher ground near them. She was the one that threw the lance.  “...so, you were the one that decided to ambush him? Please tell us who you are.”

The stranger that used to be with a homunculus sternly then listened to his imperative.

Simón

Simon instantly recognized the angry woman. "Nobody do anything! This is Saint Joan of Arc! She is a saint in service of the great God!" Simon was quick to bow before a living saint. Whether the others followed didn't matter to him, just that he knew the respect the young woman carried.

Liao

Seeing another conflict beginning to happen, Liao takes few steps back while pointing his paddle at the group although not to scare them or something, while gripping its handle tightly because he wanted to stretch the back of his hand a bit. "I'm not ready to die yet, so I'll just let you people solve your own problems first..." He said before going near the river and sitting down next to it. He turns his eyes at Vanessa and her pegasus Titania who are soaring high in the sky.