FE: Realms of the Cosmic Mirror: Rebirth - Arc 1 (IC)

NoahStratos

Simón

"Just that long rod with a blue orb on the end. I've been trying to heal wounds with this kitchen utensil for... shall we say a short while? Anyway, that's all for me. " Simón left the pile of gold on the counter as he waited for the woman to get him the item. Simón bought Heal.

Gimli and Raven

"I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'll just wait." Raven patted Gimli's back and walked out. Gimli saw a small throwing axe on the wall. "I'll take that. I didn't have one in a fight I was in not long ago. Here's the gold." Gimli left his pile of gold on the counter of the armor shop. Gimli bought Hand Axe.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Successfully bought Heal for Simon.
Successfully bought Hand Axe for Gimli.

Funds is now 1950G.

Lana noticed the strongman duo walking out of the armory. “So, is that all we need? I hope nothing—”

A house nearby started to shake. Immediately after the rumble, a Lynel shatters its front door, saddling a extremely aged chest wrapped in its muscled arms. Why the chest was kept in such an unnoticeable building was questionable. Link immediately made haste and asked Lana to chase it.

Lana is visibly sweating. “They’re attacking this village? Seems like every Link faces the same problems, right?”

Link, after a quick groan, ran out of the village, sword in hand. The only question left was whether or not the others would follow suit. But first, Lana would have to gather the cohorts who made quick stops to the stores in the village.

Matt 

Matt was about to enter the shop with Katarina, until the monster appeared. “Oh shit.” He then ran off, drawing his bow. “I’m gonna go help fight this thing! If you want to join, go ahead!”

Katarina

Katarina ran in the shop. “A vulnerary please!” She said, whilst dropping the required amount of money to buy vulnerary. Katarina buys a vulnerary

Jeanne

Jeanne runs towards the monster, aiming to help Link in Battle 

Liao

Liao was just checking the wares when the Lynel bursted out of a house. He immediately rushed to the shopkeeper while the others are leaving.

"Can I have that bottle thing, please? And thank you." Even when the danger is near, courtesy should not be something that has to be ignored, according to him. He hastily left the exact amount of money before running out of the shop with his hands gripping tight on the Bronze Lance.

Liao purchased 1x Defense Tonic.

Edited by DuckMannnn

Successfully brought Defense Tonic x1 for Liao.

The clerk for the shop, failing to notice the impact of the Lynel’s appearance, shook her head in a tender manner. “I’m sorry, we don’t have that item in stock. Would a loaf of bread suffice?”

Funds is now 1750G.

2 teams had noticed the Lynel pass by the village. The other two-thirds had to answer the call as well.

Lana had one thought… will this Link come back in one piece?

Katarina

She has been rushing, so she hadn’t noted that there were no vulnerary’s in stock. “Sorry miss! Yes, the I’ll take the bread.” She the grabbed the loaf of bread, and then ran, leaving the correct amount of money on the counter. Purchased the bread

Jeanne

Jeanne had made a quick stop at the armory, rushing in. She entered quickly, grabbing a Javelin, setting the correct amount of money on the counter, and then rushing out. “Thank you for you business!” Is what she yelled as she ran towards the beast. Jeanne bought a Javelin

Matt

Matt had been running towards the beast, his bow drawn. I hope we can figure out why it’s hear. Monsters were never allowed in towns in Zelda games! But the again, that was probably due to programming reasons. He continued to run towards the Lynel

Whole Group

Gimli charged out of the armory to meet the beast head on as Raven came up beside, and Simón behind them. They eventually got to where most of the others were, nearer to the beast. Simón spoke first. "¡¿Que diablos estar?! I have not seen such a beast in my life!" Gimli reflected on the encounter with Durin's Bane in Moria. "This is a fell beast. Horse, man, and lion all, with fire that burns like Durin's Bane! It must be destroyed!" Raven said nothing and just held his sword pointed toward the creature. He had seen dragons, but this was a little bit different. None of them were as strong as his friends were at the Dragon's Gate. Could they beat this thing on their own?

Successfully brought Bread x1 for Katarina.
Successfully brought Javelin for Jeanne.

Funds is now 550G.

Simon and co’s aggression at the Lynel compounded with Link and a few others chasing after it made it run faster, making sure not to lose the chest on its way. Yet another castle can be seen in the distance. This one was more intact than the one in Levfia that contained the warp to Kakariko Village.

(OOC Comment: more short posts hooray)

Vanessa

Looking dissastified, Vanessa takes another look upon what she just bought earlier. A potion that should come in handy, a white label wrapping its cylindrical shape with...an inscription she couldn't figure out. The words were too smudged for her to tell what it says, maybe she could've asked the shopkeeper what it actually does.

Should I? Or shouldn't I? Tempted by curiosity, she swiftly plucks open the cap, taking a sniff on the visible opening that gives a distinctive odor, but not the sharp kind like alcohol. The moment of truth comes forth as she downs a gulp.

"...!" And judging by how she squicked after ingesting the potion, it's apparent that Vanessa didn't find it appetizing in the slightest.

'Wasted' 1× Defense Tonic.

"I don't want to try these things anymore." Done with the drink, she finally takes her turn to the armory. It's easy to guess what her pick would turn out to be, but another problem arises, that she doesn't have enough money to purchase the weapon she's looking for. Good lord. They don't allow bargaining, do they? But at least...

"I might not be able to afford that, but would you take this vulnerary along with the money I have as a payment?" She says, putting a sack of strong solution for wounds on the counter, as well as another sum of Rupees that sit beside the non-currency object she's offering to sell to the blacksmith.

Sold Herb.

Bought Javelin.

Successfully brought Javelin for Vanessa.
Successfully sold Herb from Vanessa.

Funds is now 150G.

Lana looks at the remaining two groups of heroes that were just wandering around the center. Malcom didn’t looks good, while William is hesitant to join the others.

The cyan-haired goddess shrugged to herself.
“Make sure you two white-haired people keep your team safe while we sort things out. As for the man in the suit of armor, I don’t mind if you follow the monster, but you still need to take care of yourselves.”

Lana was still thinking about Link above all.

The trio of Simon, Raven, and Gimli were the first group of the dimension-hopping ragtag army to reach the place where the Lynel was stashing the stolen chest. Link was bot in their line of sight.
(OOC Note: Had no idea what to put in this split of the horizontal line, so I just went with this)

Liao

Liao followed the Lynel for a bit before slowing down to stop, knowing it'll be pointless for a mere human being like him to keep up his pace with some four-legged horse-like beast that is twice his size, let alone to be able to reach it. The big chest it was carrying caught his eyes."Why did it steal a chest? What was inside it?" He looked at the direction where the creature is heading and saw a castle. "Eh, guys? Was that castle there when we first arrived here?" A flock of birds can be seen flying past Liao, heading to the opposite direction of where he was facing. Naturally, birds fly away when they see something they deem as dangerous. Perhaps there are more trouble waiting for the heroes in that castle.

Edited by DuckMannnn

Raven

"I have no doubt this thing intends for us to charge blindly into a trap. So we won't do that. We'll charge in knowing it's a trap, that way we won't tip off this thing that maybe we're smarter than it thinks we are. If we coordinate, we should be able to get back whatever it is it stole. Come on!" Raven walked forward with his sword drawn, making mental notes of things that were even more unusual than would be expected of being in a new place.

Kujura

He had been walking for a while now, listening to talks he managed to understand with minimal interaction. He wasn't successful in finding a place he's looking for, but the information he's been getting is good enough to return favor of the trouble. The town is indeed big, lively, and full of cheerful people. There's not much shady things that he can see but one within the crowd, though he felt like he just hit something carelessly as he walk.

"Gawk!" Apparently, he accidentally kicked a chicken. The white flightless bird runs out from his sight, as if cowering from fear of becoming subjects of violence. Moreover, he got witnesses giving him discomforting gazes straight at him, giving a sense that he should've been more careful. The guilt of showing such heinous act froze him up on the spot, but then the chicken came back to him, as if nothing happened between the two.

Unsure, he reluctantly moved to pick up the chicken, giving it strokes of apology while having his sight turned toward the nearby townspeople. They fortunately relented, and looked away, but something feels even more odd. The chicken wasn't alone, there were many more and they grouped upon his metallic boots. What could this possibly mean? Knowing only little about caring animals, this doesn't help him at all, and he can't be doing this for too long.

"...I didn't ask for this. Now move it!" Irritated by their ambiguous behavior, he carefully raises his foot and makes his move quickly from their clutches. The chickens followed suit in a swarm, later becoming faster and faster, up until where the shogun had no choice but to outrun them somehow.

Vanessa

With her brand new weapon held with two, Vanessa makes her exit from the armory, steering to see where she left Titania to stay -- presumably where they got in here in the first place. There have been weirder things, but it's undeniable that it's quite serene to see what has been going around the town...

"Hmm, wait a minute...!" However, the admittedly belated sight of a certain beast immediately alerted her of a dangerous presence. Its appearance being similar to those she used to fight against, but she's not certain if such creature derived from a source that has gone lost as the Demon King is no more. What's more, the people that tagged along are already on their move, with the addition of a mysterious golden-haired man bearing eastern features, and a swarm of chickens in tow. She's late, and to make it up, she makes her move as well to fetch her mount for a quick catch up.

Lim

Some time later spent on laying flat on the slopes, Lim doesn't find himself wanting to wake up, being tired and all to take in what just happened moments ago. The breeze is cool and warm, something people might yearn after going through rough times, but not everyone could actually have. Those who lived in a bustling city only had a park to visit, but even then, they don't feel the exact same authenticity.

"...ONE PUUUUNCH!!"

Suddenly, a loud sound startled Lim enough to jump, putting him back on his senses. The heck was that just now? But that sounds familiar still...

Oh, right. Realization hits him almost immediately with his hand meeting the pocket's insides in his pants, producing a vibrating rectangular device that also glows a picture of a cartoon girl. As it turns out, it was the alarm that made him wake up. But it's more weirder that it was unscathed -- nothing indicates it as wet, cracked, nor malfunctioning. The thought of it being no longer working got debunked, but without connection to a network and battery charging, its usage is simply limited.

"Never have I thought I'd get woken up by this, again." He slides his thumb and closes it off, "But that's a relief. I won't be getting bored, for a while... Now I wonder where...never mind, got them." He says, watching the chase from afar. He slowly stands up and turns to those who are nearby, "I'm going to catch up with them. This ought to be interesting to me." Having said it, he slides down to follow them.

All

Jeanne arrived, with Matt and Katarina close behind. She snuck up behind Raven and put her hand on his shoulder. “What are you doing?” She asked in a whisper. Matt was holding up his hand like a gun, while Katarina was staring at Matt, confused at his actions.

Despite Lana’s motivation, William and company were disillusioned. All three had some family issues, whether or not via blood. Brady was starting to miss the company of Maribelle and Dolce was still upset about Pico going missing.

“What’s wrong?” Lana pled. Seems like the three weren’t actually ready for action.

Liao

Liao is seen looking attentively at the castle, trying to assess the situation. After a brief moment, he turned his head at the group. "So are we heading there or not?" He points his finger straight at the castle. "We can either storm inside the castle, retrieve whatever the huge half-horse half-human greedy beasty bastard thing was carrying and maybe cut down whatever is charging at us with the intent to harm and/or kill, whether with a sword or with sharp claws... or mutated zombies with disgusting appearance and abilities..." He began to think for a bit then suddenly shivered after thinking about something that sent chills down his spine. "...Uh, I think I'm overthinking right now. Gotta stop." 

Then he turns behind, pointing at the exit of the town. "Or we can just leave this place right now and avoid any conflict instead. I say we should regroup then make a vote. I'll just go with a blank vote since I don't really care whether we're going there or not. I'm sticking with you guys... for now." He said, implying that him leaving the group isn't impossible. "I might be able to fare against human beings, at least... though I can't say the same for huge beasts that don't exist in the world where I came from." 

Link listened to Liao attentively, favoring a retreat above all else. Link, however, wanted to prioritize adventure above all. Pulling out his trusty Hookshot, he shot it onto the castle wall and flew towards the enemy-infested battlefield.

There was only one thing to do without a nearby helper: go follow the hero in green.

Chapter 3 Battle: Severed Links

Map in spoiler.

Spoiler

ade036526ee53167854f16d4c1b90b04.png

Main Objective: Seize the throne in the castle
Second Objective: N/A

Blue units are placeable inside the higher-accented 6x4 area.

Red Units:
(Reinforcements may appear!)
Chuchu - Lv1 - Body Blow - 18 HP - J14
Chuchu - Lv1 - Body Blow - 16 HP - E19
Moblin - Lv2 - Bronze Lance - 20 HP - S13
Stalfos - Lv2 - Bronze Sword - 19 HP - J2
Darknut - Lv3 - Iron Sword - 23 HP - K2
Wizzrobe - Lv2 - Fire - 21 HP - L2
Keese - Lv1 - Bat Leech - 16 HP - J11
Keese - Lv1 - Bat Leech - 17 HP - L11
More details in spreadsheet.

(OOC Note: Dire situations call for more stylish maps. Kudos to @DuckMannnn for this map.)

The Shogun's long and swift footsteps drag the fowls further from the fences of the village, but they cease chase once they've come to a border of their own. The thought sounds more likely, as there's a nary to be seen from his back but grasses. He must be quite a distance away if he already lost sight of them, making him slow down to get a moment to rest and observe, hidden beneath the natural cover of forestry of a mountain's foot.

"...These people again. What could they be doing to gather in a place such as this?" His monologue goes only as far as the calm winds could carry, but his curious mind is better served with insight, by taking a further look upon what meets the eye with the other side of the river. His eyebrows furrowed, the sight itself simplifies things. "...Now I see. They brandish their weapon to fend off monsters, all is about to begin with a clash of might..."

The flying knight shows up as soon as the white horse lands with her legs barely touching the green blades. She appears to be relieved, that they haven't gotten far and unhurt, and the fact that this is going to become another battlefield psyches her with strength. ...Was it because the potion she bought and drank earlier? She shrugs the thought and positions herself to make sure she gets to see everyone, that maybe such drink and caution might work to her favor.

Meanwhile, the blond-haired man sees the unconventionality of the flying rider appearing before him. The vision and knowledge don't compute with each other, while beasts are indeed trained for exploration purposes in the distant land known as High Lagaard, he's clueless as to how she befriended an animal- no, a monster so massive that taming it is a preposterous idea. The bizarre reality expands upon the otherworldly monsters he saw initially, and knowing that, he has no reason to stay hidden and chooses to reveal himself.

*THUD*

But of course, Lim makes his appearance at the same time he did, both bumping at each other. The Singaporean man fell down to a sit, while the Shogun didn't flinch and now is giving him an inquisitive stare. Adjusting his broken eyeglasses, he goes up and spontaneously says, "Oi! Watch where you go, mate!"
"...Sorry, but I know nothing of those who pass through here." The Shogun says, "Care to provide me with a name to call?"

"Man, you don't need to know me! I don't even know you! You looked like you're about to rob me off anyway!" Lim exclaims.
"Tsk, fine." The Shogun's hands rims for the hilt of his sword, and such gesture only makes Lim nervous that he was serious about the idea. Amused by his reaction, he expresses his wry smile, "Scared, aren't you? Don't worry, this wasn't my intention at all." The blond-haired man relents the act then faces to the rest of the group, "I assume you're with them, correct? Tell them that I'll stick around for a while. Do that, and we're good, is that agreeable? Or should I-"

"Alright, okay, just cut it short and tell me your name." Lim interrupted.
"Kujura." He spitted out his name. "Now that I've done it, you'll do the-."
"Lim, the name's Lim." Impatient, he makes his way toward the group, "Just go ahead and suit yourself."

"Heh, sure thing."

Lim is deployed at L22.

Vanessa is deployed at K21.

Kujura is deployed at K22.

Edited by HyperMorian

Chapter 3 Player Phase Turn 1

Spoiler

28db810db9554b0371cbfe51a8cd5d88.png

Blue Units:
Liao - Lv1 - Bronze Lance - 16 HP - H21
Matt - Lv1 - Bronze Bow - 16 HP - H22
Katarina - Lv1 - Elfire - 19 HP - I23
Jeanne - Lv1 - Reginlief - 24 HP - M21
Raven - Lv3 - Iron Sword - 22 HP - J21
Gimli - Lv3 - Walking Axe - 28 HP - M22
Simon - Lv1 - Kneader - 25 HP - J24
Lim - Lv1 - Thunder - 17 HP - L22
Vanessa - Lv2 - Iron Lance - 18 HP - K21
Kujura - Lv3 - Uchigatana - 20 HP - K22

Begin...
(OOC Note: Had to move Gimli 1 down. Speaking of Gimli, why is his sprite so damn blurry?)