Payless 2 Win

Ashunera

I would not trust third parties that claim to give discounts if they do not have some sort of formal relationship with the game developers. Nintendo or their affiliates would have offered the discounts themselves if they wanted to increase sales; there is no reason to use a middleman. We have a thread that warned players about PL2W here. Maybe that should be included in the pinned thread warning about scam sites.

Based on what I read about them for other gacha games, they scam Google Play into giving refunds and transfer the game account between different Google Play accounts. If they decide to crack down on it, it may result in getting your account banned.

And please look at the pinned threads and use <"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread> for short questions.

selena4lyfe has tried it out and it apparently worked

As far as the legitimacy of it is concerned, I think its OK to use such a site if you get whats being promised.

Nintendo doesnt sell orbs, google does! Selena got 280 orbs for 65$! So if payless is selling 280 orbs for 65$, I guess they must make a profit as well, otherwise they wouldnt be doing it. This leads me to the conclusion that orbs are relatively cheap, what makes them expensive are taxes and google/apple profits.

In the end Nintendo will earn the same money, just google and apple will be cut out. But thats just my opinion, and I am not really into this buying orbs thing.

Edited by Prince Endriu

@Prince Endriu

This thread explains that they manage these prices for premium currency not by bypassing google/apple's taxes but by actively abusing the refund system. So it's definitely not legit.

My advice is to only buy orbs from sources officially approved by Nintendo and at the moment, it's only possible through the in-game store. 

5 hours ago, Ashunera said:

Has anyone used this service before? Is it legit or should I avoid it? I would like orbs but also don't like breaking my bank haha. 

Thanks!

I would just go with don't buy Orbs, there are better things to spend your money on, but hey, if the free summons screwed you over too I understand how that feels. I know the concept of paying less for your Orbs sounds great, but it's probably not worth the risk to go through anyone other than the shop already in Heroes.

I don't know how trustworthy they are.  I DO know that cleaning up after your credit card details are misused is a gigantic pain.  Regardless, there's definitely something sketchy going on in the background.  If you don't want to spend money on orbs, then don't.  If you do, then go through the app - it's the least the developers deserve.

And with that, I'm locking this topic.