Can a male Feraligatr pass down ice punch to children?

DisobeyedCargo

So my feraligatr in gold has ice punch, and when I transfer it to Sun, I wanted to breed one with ice punch, Aqua jet, and DDance. Is it possible for a male Feraligatr to pass down ice punch? I'm kinda new to breeding so I wanted to be sure I'm getting this right.

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Pretty sure you can. Egg moves used to be father only, but that restriction was removed in Gen VI. Since your Feraligatr is male, it would have been fine either way.

Okay cool.

another question, I noticed that no Pokémon can pass down both DDance and Aqua jet to totodile (unless I looked at the list wrong) Can i breed one move onto a totodile, then pass that move down while breeding the second move from another Pokémon?

Yes, you can either breed one move onto a female Totodile as an intermediary or chain-breed the combo onto a single father (i.e. Aqua Jet onto Dratini) and pass down both at once.

It is exactly as everyone else has said so far:

-Either gendered parent can pass egg moves to the offspring.
-You can chain breed to get up to 4 egg moves onto the offspring.

The only caveat really is that you can only have 4. If there are more than 4 egg moves between the mother and the father, I think the way the game determines what moves get passed are based on the game's internal ordering of the egg moves. You won't have to worry about this if you only plan on passing 3 or 4 egg moves.

10 minutes ago, JHufself said:

It is exactly as everyone else has said so far:

-Either gendered parent can pass egg moves to the offspring.
-You can chain breed to get up to 4 egg moves onto the offspring.

The only caveat really is that you can only have 4. If there are more than 4 egg moves between the mother and the father, I think the way the game determines what moves get passed are based on the game's internal ordering of the egg moves. You won't have to worry about this if you only plan on passing 3 or 4 egg moves.

Well this is good information to have. Thanks for all of this