Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highly controversial opinion time:

I'm ok with them just sticking to the 3 main games and improving the roster with people from those 3 games. 

Now if only the base roster wasn't so meh...

----

Lyn and Celica is 100% conclusive proof that Intsys had too much influence/ KT didn't have enough guts to stick to their guns. Don't use characters from the games, just slap on easy money makers in a weak attempt to sell more copies

35 minutes ago, WyvernLord said:

Highly controversial opinion time:

I'm ok with them just sticking to the 3 main games and improving the roster with people from those 3 games. 

Now if only the base roster wasn't so meh...

----

Lyn and Celica is 100% conclusive proof that Intsys had too much influence/ KT didn't have enough guts to stick to their guns. Don't use characters from the games, just slap on easy money makers in a weak attempt to sell more copies

I agree. I’d rather is t be only the three focus games. They have characters from their own games that they can get extra bonding with, they could be more in story (Celica and Lyn weren’t) and I’d they did some villains it would be great. Gangrel and Chrom getting supports wouldn’t be a bad move 

in contrast of focus on roasters "canon,absolutely necessary" in the main game, they would more consider about DLC characters' popularity and interesting/fun element.

Ok, good bye to my Garon, and possibly my Walhart u.u

Awakening: Tharja, Gaius, Lon'qu.

Fates: Charlotte, Azura, Kaze.

SD: Minerva, Merric, Camus.

I'd be okay with this, tbh, though as you know, I'd rather prefer Xane.

I'm just glad that they're focusing on the three games, but I know that this is going to piss a lot of people off...

2 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Awww man I thought the files said 13 dlc characters? Or are the other 4 the NPC squad?

It probably meant the 9 DLC characters + the 4 NPC squad.

My personal estimations:

Fates-Azura, Gunter, Garon

I can see them focusing on Revelation for the DLC and seeing ass Azura and Gunter (For some reason) are pretty much main characters in Rev. As for Garon, just cause he's Garon and it's stupid Iago got in over him (From a gameplay perspective).

SD-Minerva, Merric, Camus/Lawrence

These guys are here because they are pretty much secondary characters. Lawrence is up there if they decide to add an Armour over make a moveset for a Lance Cav.

Awakening-Tharja, Gaius, Gangrel/Kellam or Virion, Cherche, Walhart or Inigo, Severa, Morgan (With Male Alt ala Robin Corrin)

I can see them go by popularity + villain/Kellam for the memes and an armour, an actual plot in the game or using Future Past as a plot for a new History Mode map.

TBH, I actually like how they are doing the DLC. I think three characters, the weapons we are no doubt getting plus costumes and maybe new History Mode maps is pretty good for the amount they are asking (I mean €20 for a season pass is really good).

Also already talking about a FEW 2 could either be a good sign or a bad sign.

Edited by Azz

People keep treating IS like some bully here, like they strong-armed Koei Tecmo into adding characters they didn't want to add when it was probably just some suggestions and KT decided "Hey sure, we'll add a few bonuses." For all we know there could have been others IS suggested that KT refused. Point is I really doubt IS actually forced KT to add anyone.

Anyway, my half-prediction, half-wishlist:

Fates: Azura, Oboro, Niles

Shadow Dragon: Minerva, Linde, Ogma

Awakening: Tharja, Nowi, Owain

This is the first time I'm hearing of the 13 slots, gosh this takes me back to the Smash 4 hype days...

I don't think that the NPCs will be DLC, I think they'll be released in a patch in a couple of months.

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

This is the first time I'm hearing of the 13 slots, gosh this takes me back to the Smash 4 hype days...

I don't think that the NPCs will be DLC, I think they'll be released in a patch in a couple of months.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if they were DLC. I mean if that were the case then we'd realistically only be getting 2 characters per DLC (1 for the Fates DLC) and that would still leave 4 unknown slots (Well I guess it could be Darius + Sorcerer Trio but all these guys are clones (Darius of the twins and the Sorcs of each other and Robin) and we don't need anymore of those).

Edited by Azz

Popularity, huh? Guess there's no way Tharja won't be added. I wonder who the other two from Awakening would be; maybe Nowi and Gaius? Guess that also leaves out Fates' child units at least if you go by Fates' own poll.

But um, "absolutely necessary"? Were all the Fates siblings and Cordelia "absolutely necessary"? Ah well.

At this point I can't help but wonder if they shouldn't have spoken about sequels right from the get go...

"The Fire Emblem series has too many characters for us to even hope to represent it properly within a single game. As such, we plan on making more than one, if we're given the chance of course. The first will be focusing on Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Fire Emblem Fates."

... you know, something along those lines? Obviously there'd have been complaints still, but...

If anything this interview shows that IS should have had more control over the roster. No way we'd have ended up with something as wasteful as all 8 royals taking up space for no reason rather than more popular characters. It's clear now these odd choices were mostly Koei's fault and we'd have gotten a better roster if IS had just fully controlled it.

Edited by NeonZ

So since they're already speaking of sequels (at least it isn't anywhere close to Inafune speaking of Red Ash and an anime when Mighty No. 9 wasn't released yet bad) perhaps due to the sheer roster size they'll take a Dragon Quest Heroes approach. Bring back a certain chunk of the roster, but leave out the rest and instead add a lot of new ones. Who knows?

For new weapons- just skins/power upgrades? Or do you think some characters will be getting moveset-adjusting weapons? As in something to make the clones a little less clone-ish.

I'll wait for more interviews before deciding who deserves more ire, Nintendo and IS or KT. But wasn't HW from what I've heard a roster selected without Nintendo's intervention? And that one was pretty good for a base one.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So since they're already speaking of sequels (at least it isn't anywhere close to Inafune speaking of Red Ash and an anime when Mighty No. 9 wasn't released yet bad) perhaps due to the sheer roster size they'll take a Dragon Quest Heroes approach. Bring back a certain chunk of the roster, but leave out the rest and instead add a lot of new ones. Who knows?

I doubt it. Fire Emblem is closer to Dynasty Warriors, where you want a roster as large as possible, which is why we ended up with clones in the first place.

For new weapons- just skins/power upgrades? Or do you think some characters will be getting moveset-adjusting weapons? As in something to make the clones a little less clone-ish.

Characters can use the same weapon types and have different movesets here (see Chrom vs Marth for example - both sword wielding lords and yet aren't clones). They can just create more unique movesets for the next game. They aren't necessarily tied to weapon assignment.

But wasn't HW from what I've heard a roster selected without Nintendo's intervention? And that one was pretty good for a base one.

That's kind of the issue though. You can't just apply the pattern they choose for HWs here and expect the same reaction. The three game focus there wasn't received with nearly as much negativity as the three game focus here, since Zelda has more generic elements and characters running through all games.

Edited by NeonZ

13 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But wasn't HW from what I've heard a roster selected without Nintendo's intervention? And that one was pretty good for a base one.

Interviews made it clear that Nintendo and Aonuma were confident in KT and were pretty hands-off. Conversely, the FEW interviews made it clear that Nintendo and IS were deeply involved in the project and overseeing multiple aspects.

I'm somewhat convinced that Owain/Niles/Navarre/Oboro were scrapped mid-development to free up resources for implementing Lyn and Celica.

So I assume this means that only Lyn, Celica, and Lucina were added at the request of Nintendy and IS?

Well now...  I don't have any opinions on that.  Nope.

Anyway, I guess I'll just do prediction and desires as per usual.  No way I'm gonna be assuming anything at all.

Spoiler

Firstly, at this point, there's no way at least Niles and Oboro won't be added, I feel.  They're popular, and add something different.  That being said, I still think they, Owain, and Navarre will be a free addition later on unless KT feels bitter and scummy, because making you pay for characters already technically in the game is stupid.  That, and it'd be really strange to add just Niles and Oboro but not Owain and Navarre.  And also pretty scummy.

Anyway, how I'll do this is I'll bold characters I think are likely additions and add an asterisk* at the end of characters I want.

Fates:

• Azura - They already strongly hinted at her, so no way she won't be in
  • Charlotte* - Come on, KT, she's got everything you could ever want in a character; reasonable popularity, she's an axe user when axe users are in short supply, and she's got that... "appeal"
  • Saizo*/Kaze* - I'd like ANGERY ninja, but I think Kaze is just all around more popular; he's a fine choice anyway, though unless they feel like adding in a new type of weapon or throwing an oddball by making him a mechanist, he'll likely just get swords
  • Rinkah - I'm unsure of how likely she is, but if there's no axe-wielding troop from the Nohrian side, I could see them adding her for the purposes of diversifying the weapon pool
  • Felicia/Jakob - They could be another option, and if they're included I'd imagine they'd get magic of... some kind
  • Benny*/Effie - If they want to go for Armor Knight representation, Fates might be the best opportunity to do that with Effie being a reasonably popular character; I myself would prefer Benny, especially if in the states we'll just get the usual localization!Effie, but he's not likely, I think
  • Reina* - I might be alone here, but I like the kinshi knight class and think it'd be hella fun to two-shot fliers with another flier, but I think it's very unlikely
  • Niles*/Oboro* - If they aren't free in an update, then I guess they'll be DLC and I can go screw myself for thinking that KT wouldn't be scummy here
  • Mozu* - I only want her because I like her; it'd be my preference over the villagers available

Awakening:

• Severa* - I would imagine that they'd add her, but make her a Bow Knight so that she isn't just another sword user; however, I also know that every character on the roster currently uses whatever class they start as, including Owain, so it might be that if she was added, she'd just be another sword user which honestly I'm slightly glad for because there's a different Bow Knight I would really want
  • Donnel - Mostly just because they acknowledged his popularity, they could add him as another lance user and to meme the game up (please don't, KT)
  • Tharja* - Are you surprised that I actually want her?  I've only ever said that I don't like her being a stalker; but regardless of my opinion on her, she's popular, she's a dark mage, she has T H I C C thighs... I honestly don't know how it is she didn't get into the game
  • Nowi - Not sure of her chances; I think she's decently popular, and it'd be nice if someone could accompany the lonesome manakete Tiki
  • Virion* - I just want the archest of archers in the game, but there's already three bow users (four if you count Niles)
  • Inigo - They're gonna find a way to shoe-horn him in to fill out the Awakening Trio, I just know it; at least make him either an axe or bow user (or a dancer)

Shadow Dragon:

• Hardin*/Camus - I would prefer the former, but either of them could fill that cavalier lancer "niche", and they're popular enough
  • Wolf* - Unsure of his chances, but I'd like a Bow Knight, and Wolf would be ideal for that; I'd take him over Severa, anyway
  • Draug/Sheena* - They'd probably add in the original Armor Knight, but I would definitely be glad to see Sheena
  • Jake* - I want him 'cuz Anna's original husbandu and because it'd actually be kind of interesting to play a Ballistician in this type of game or at least to command him to aid you from afar
  • Minerva* - I mean... come on; do I really have to beg?
  • Ogma*/Barst* - Either of them, though it'd be nice if they came in swinging with an axe; whatever the case may be, I'd be glad to see Ogma
  • Julian* - Most preferred thief, but...  I mean, swords?
  • Merric - I see him getting in just because he's Marth's sister's husbandu and by that extension has a fairly significant role in the plot
  • Whitewings* - Come on, man, I love the Whitewings; I don't see them being DLC here, but maybe down the line?
  • Orphan sisters* - I like them from New Mystery, even if Japan might not; Reese and Clarisse would be my jam

Ain't got any other thoughts for now because this was a thought exercise in and of itself, and I'm tired of writing for now...

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Saizo*/Kaze* - I'd like ANGERY ninja, but I think Kaze is just all around more popular; he's a fine choice anyway, though unless they feel like adding in a new type of weapon or throwing an oddball by making him a mechanist, he'll likely just get swords

To be fair, Master Ninja does use Katanas and Shuriken. And Shiek in HW, despite using a "Harp", does mix in kunai and ninja martial arts. Sneaking loads of Shuriken and ninjutsu into their arsenal would be possible.

14 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Julian* - Most preferred thief, but...  I mean, swords?

Somebody else who likes Julian over Gaius, rejoice! He might not have a lot to him, but I just like the original orange thief over the modern candy boy. And technically, you could make them a dagger user counting as Swords.

17 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Donnel - Mostly just because they acknowledged his popularity, they could add him as another lance user and to meme the game up (please don't, KT)

He is a farmer, if they wanted to joke up his moveset, they could do a lot with that. Flailing around with his weapon due to his lack of experience? Cattle stampede? 

18 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Merric - I see him getting in just because he's Marth's sister's husbandu and by that extension has a fairly significant role in the plot

He is also the original Excalibur user. I just hope he doesn't share Robin's moveset. I hope none of these character who have to pay extra for have corners cut on their movesets.

13 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Very smart. Think about making the second game a success instead of focusing on the first game being one. The things these devs say continue to astound me. I feel like Lute looking at the stupidest thing in the world and being completely confounded.

As completely okay I am with the product we got, I always think it's stupid when sequels are talked up before the first has even been out for more than a week.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

To be fair, Master Ninja does use Katanas and Shuriken. And Shiek in HW, despite using a "Harp", does mix in kunai and ninja martial arts. Sneaking loads of Shuriken and ninjutsu into their arsenal would be possible.

Somebody else who likes Julian over Gaius, rejoice! He might not have a lot to him, but I just like the original orange thief over the modern candy boy. And technically, you could make them a dagger user counting as Swords.

He is a farmer, if they wanted to joke up his moveset, they could do a lot with that. Flailing around with his weapon due to his lack of experience? Cattle stampede? 

He is also the original Excalibur user. I just hope he doesn't share Robin's moveset. I hope none of these character who have to pay extra for have corners cut on their movesets.

- That's how I always thought they'd implement the ninjas if they even were to do so.  Sort of like how Lissa got an axe even though she started in her base class, which was obviously healer exclusive.

- I'm always down for Mr. "Tick Tock, Time to Frock", especially if they did make him a more unique "sword" user.  Really, as long as they aren't another copy-paste job, I'm down for any thief.

- I'd be fine with any of that, but I'd just hope they don't overplay jokes about that pot on his head or whatever other memes there are about him.

- I mean, we're paying additional money for these things, so it better not be cut corners we're paying for.  And yeah, Excalibur is practically a staple of the series, so it's likely they'd include him as a nod of respect to that spell.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

Popularity, huh? Guess there's no way Tharja won't be added. I wonder who the other two from Awakening would be; maybe Nowi and Gaius? Guess that also leaves out Fates' child units at least if you go by Fates' own poll.

But um, "absolutely necessary"? Were all the Fates siblings and Cordelia "absolutely necessary"? Ah well.

In my eyes, to the royals No, Cordelia yes. Cordelia is the only non-plot important character out of all the games repped and confirmed playable besides Anna who is the series mascot.

I'm honestly hoping for these characters: Rev: Azura, Scarlet (would be a nice mixup), and Garon. Awakening: Tharja, Severa

Spoiler

If Lissa and Chrom got their children, and Cordelia is in that same cutscene, we need Severa and she is basically Lucina's best friend/bodyguard

, and probably Gangrel or Walhart. Shadow Dragon: Draug (for armor), Minerva or Merric/Linde (to get some other reps in there), and Camus as a lance cav.

Fates: Azura, Jakob (Female Corrin was picked for the story instead and he's more popular than Felicia also for his conversation with Frederick in Fates dlc so a support between them here would make a lot of sense) and Kaze.

Awakening: Tharja, Cherche (we need another flying axe and she is popular from the Awakening poll along with the idea if Minerva is in the game then a support between them would be cool), Virion/Gaius (more so Gaius because he is more popular and has yet to have his spin off appearance where as Tharja was in Mirage Sessions and now this game including to that Cordelia).

Shadow Dragon: Minerva (another flying axe who I view to have more priority than Cherche, but I can see them both in the game so that we have an equal number of lance and axe fliers), Camus (we don't have a lance cav yet and the idea of a 1 sword cav from Fates, 1 axe cav from Awakening and now 1 lance cav from SD makes sense), Linde/Merric, but actually I think I'll lean a bit towards Xane due to having a unique moveset they can choose for him.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova