Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

1 minute ago, Peaceful_User said:

Odyssey easily snatches a lot of sales from this game though...

It probably will, in the West anyways, I think the sales in Japan are much more prevalent here considering the game was mostly marketed to them, it might be a sleeper hit for all we know considering there isn't really any other Musou styled games on the Switch besides Fate/Extella and I heard that was a mediocre port.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, DIO said:

That would come off as quite presumptuous, suggesting that they needed more than one entry to start catering to what fans wanted.

I'm saying that because in the end... well that's exactly what's happening. I won't say it wouldn't have been great if they gave each game representation in this one, but the way things have been going, I think they could have minimized the controversy by being upfront about what they were planning to do. But I could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Odyssey easily snatches a lot of sales from this game though...

To add onto what Jedi said, this is sort of like comparing apples to oranges... in a world where apples are more a staple than oranges.  They're two very different games; the Mario game is a 3D platformer that is a mainline entry in the franchise, while FEW is a spin-off hack and slash meant mostly for the more dedicated fans and Musou players, both of whom will probably get the game no matter what.

It'll take away from more casual fans for sure, but considering the market, that's just a small margin of the audience they're going for.

What would really take away from this game's sales is if many of the FE fans following it were turned off of it during the course of its production for one reason or another.  And I'm talking about in regards to the West; folks in Japan are probably eating it up like hotcakes regardless of the roster or PR (which probably didn't even bother them remotely for the most part).

50 minutes ago, Jedi said:

With how loud this fanbase can get? I'd imagine some would be scared off, but I might be wrong. 

I'm still not entirely convinced the fans are capable of dissuading a significant enough amount of people for it to matter in the long run, especially considering this game doesn't have any online.  It's one thing if you're going into an online game and you see people in the community throwing verbal punches at one another over it, it's another just to see a bunch of people who you likely will never even share a few words with complain about a game you might be interested in.

And I think all things considered, the majority of people looking to get this game probably won't be dissuaded by loud, angry voices on the net.  I do think that maybe the voices themselves are worth factoring into the equation - do they make up a significant enough a number to hinder sales?  But at this point, I think it'll be more about the contents within the game that will convince people one way or another rather than upset people complaining.

Then again, I might be projecting a little bit of myself onto how I think others would react.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

It probably will, in the West anyways, I think the sales in Japan are much more prevalent here considering the game was mostly marketed to them, it might be a sleeper hit for all we know considering there isn't really any other Musou styled games on the Switch besides Fate/Extella and I heard that was a mediocre port.

Funnily, at least visually it seemed far more polished than the PS4 version (as it was just a Vita up-port)-- far better shading and character outlines. Actually looked kinda nice.

I think the bigger question is: is the Switch install base (between 5 and 10 million right now) large enough to support a Musou game?

1 minute ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m not trying to jump the gun I just thought that’s what you said. I really wish we knew what they were aiming for to call it a success 

My mistake on the wording! 

11 minutes ago, Jedi said:

My mistake on the wording! 

Oh it’s fine~

3 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I remember seeing on Reddit that so far they have sold about 30% of the initial stock in Japan which doesn't sound good. Will edit or post again if I find more info.

That’s so upsetting. 

I really hope things pick up but idk...30% of initial atock. Hopefully the Devs update this one but yeah I ain’t sure about a sequel. 

18 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

I remember seeing on Reddit that so far they have sold about 30% of the initial stock in Japan which doesn't sound good. Will edit or post again if I find more info.

Would you mind linking that source? Not saying I don't believe you, I just want to have a look myself.

Well, let's try a different method.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250385378&postcount=952

According to a reliable poster who tracks Japanese sales charts, first day sellthrough for FEW is only about 30% of its stock, Switch and 3DS combined with Switch selling more than the 3DS version.

Obviously we won't know until the next Media Create chart releases, but 30% sellthrough doesn't bode well for it because musou titles are extremely frontloaded.

This is what I saw on Reddit. The following is what he linked.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250385378&postcount=952

(Yesterday, 09:13 AM)
First Day Sell-through {2017.09.28}

[PS4] The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III # <RPG> (Nihon Falcom) {2017.09.28} (Â¥7.800) - 70%

[PS4] FIFA 18 (Ronaldo Edition) <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.26} (Â¥9.800)
[NSW] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (Â¥5.800)
[PS3] FIFA 18 <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (Â¥7.800)
[XB1] FIFA 18 # <SPT> (Electronic Arts) {2017.09.29} (Â¥7.800)
20% (some stores selling the game in advanced)

[NSW] Fire Emblem Warriors # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (Â¥7.800)
[3DS] Fire Emblem Warriors |New Nintendo 2DS/New Nintendo 3DS| # <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) {2017.09.28} (Â¥6.800)
30% (Switch >> New 3DS)

[PS4] Genkai Tokki: Castle Panzers # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2017.09.28} (Â¥7.200) - 50%

[PS4] Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain # <RPG> (Nippon Ichi Software) {2017.09.28} (Â¥6.980) - 40%

Rabbids Land

[PS4] Knack II <ACT> (Sony Interactive Entertainment) {2017.09.28} (Â¥4.900) - 10%

Don't take it as the word of God or whatever as I'm still somewhat skeptical myself. I still want to wait for more official numbers either way.

20 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Don't take it as the word of God or whatever as I'm still somewhat skeptical myself. I still want to wait for more official numbers either way.

But it can't be ridiculously far off. I don't think there's any chance the game sold through the majority of its shipment. 

Aye aye. Assuming three non-NPC characters from each game, let's go with something like:

• Fates: Azura, Felicia, Kaze
  • Shadow Dragon: Minerva, Merric/Linde, Camus (it should be merric, it will be linde)
  • Awakening: Tharja, Donnel, Gaius

Maybe with an Armor somewhere in there. Or not.

If NPCs are included in these packs, uh, I don't even really care enough to make a resulting roster.

So, Lyn and Celica were actually due to IS's meddling after all.

Anyway...a wishlist of sorts:

Fates: Garon, Azura, Shiro

SD: Wrys, Jagen,  Draug

Give us Wrys, KT. 

Awakening: Tharja, Virion, F!Morgan

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

People use the "t-they're two entire different games!" excuse when Radiant Dawn and Galaxy are nothing alike yet it got completely snuffed in the west.

Radiant Dawn had almost non-existent marketing compared to FEW. There's a difference.

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

People use the "t-they're two entire different games!" excuse when Radiant Dawn and Galaxy are nothing alike yet it got completely snuffed in the west.

To be fair, Fire Emblem has a much bigger presence now.

Edited by Arthur97

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm still upset that of the known requested characters, only Lyn got a unique moveset. And the "but it's canon" argument doesn't work so well for Celica.

Hate to burst your bubble, but um, Navarre and Lyn share a moveset.

33 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Path of Radiance sold just as badly without "competition".
People need to realize the Radiant games just bombed and you can't blame any singular factor for it.

So it seems like KT came up with the focus on 2.5 games, and IS basically requested popular characters regardless of whether they came from other games.

In my humble opinion, KT are the ones who screwed up here. As the first game in a potential spin off series, you want to hook fans. The best way to do that isn't by having a boring roster full of Fates royals. You want the fan favourites like Lyn, Lucina, and yes, Ike. I think a much better choice would've been to have the cast be the Smash crew with a smaller group of characters joining each one. But eh.

So I don't get scolded for being negative, my guesses for DLC:

Fates - Azura, Felicia, Kaze

Awakening - Severa, Inigo, Emmeryn

SD - Camus, Linde, Minerva 

19 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeesh, I used to make hurtful comments about "Fire Emblem Warriors Legends" a few months back. But here they are promising Roy and Ike as sequel bait. Is this a developer interview or an investors meeting?

Why not both?

In all seriousness it does seem kinda crappy that they are using Ike and Roy as sequel bait, geeze I hope this game does well enough to justify a sequel, I'd hate to never get the game with a roster that I can really get behind without just having to make due with second best.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Aye aye. Assuming three non-NPC characters from each game, let's go with something like:

• Shadow Dragon: Minerva, Merric/Linde, Camus (it should be merric, it will be linde)
  • Maybe with an Armor somewhere in there. Or not.

If NPCs are included in these packs, uh, I don't even really care enough to make a resulting roster.

Cool as Minerva and Merric/Linde are, we need non clone movesets at this point.

So I'd go with Camus/Hardin(Hardin could be separate if he's an Emperor), Jake(Warrior/Ballistician), and Roger/Lorenz/Draug.