Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

^

I've said it before and I'll say it again: People need to stop treating IS like schoolyard bullies here. Koei never said they were "forced" to add anyone, just that these characters were suggested. There may have been plenty of other suggestions that Koei did decline for all we know.

But the Lucina interview specifically mentioned they were against her inclusion on the grounds of too many sword users (among others)-- given what the game data shows, Celica and Lyn were the last additions to the roster. While using "forced" makes it sound like we know exactly what happened (we don't), it's a very easy conclusion to reach given what we do know.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I remember it clearly because I flipped out over it and made an embarrassment of myself. 

The context clues were obvious; as has been repeatedly shown, people have had something of a "deluded optimism" with the game. They ignored blatant context clues or made "promises" about who would be included without any direct information (saying at least Ike and or/Roy would be in the game, when the only thing that ever remotely entertained that were the mysterious reveals at TGS-- with the surprise being Celica). DLC representation was something I and a lot of others just took for granted, but nothing gave any indication of that-- we just assumed without any direct evidence/info. Some of this stuff is definitely more obvious in hindsight, but other stuff was clearly just people trying to hold onto hopes despite stuff pointing to the contrary.

Yes, the announcement trailer was the five orbs and Chrom pulling the Falchion out of the ground.

Fair enough, then.

I've gathered that from... pretty much everywhere that has a passing relation to or interest in Fire Emblem. I tend to go with the attitude of "If it's not officially announced, it's not in the game," which has given me much less disappointment than "If it's not officially announced, it's still in because it's too important." Speculation can be fun, but actually expecting anything just leads to a false feeling of entitlement. It helps that I'm actually okay with the roster, but I don't agree with some people that say the roster is "bad" because it doesn't have all of the "essentials." They've given us what they said they would (although admittedly, a bit more transparency early on about the final amount of SD characters would've been nice), and the game isn't suddenly terrible just because few characters aren't in. There's a very big difference between an actually bad game, and a game that doesn't interest someone, and I feel like a lot of people have blurred that line for themselves with Warriors.

Considering recent Warriors games have had DLC, including Hyrule Warriors, I don't know if anyone really expected that not to happen anyway. The contents of the DLC were more up in the air though, and I noticed there was a bit of a split in opinions for whether it would expand on the base games or pull characters from others. I'll admit that I'd prefer the first, which is what's happening, but I didn't expect it one way or the other so I wouldn't set myself up for disappointment.

Good, at least my vague memory got something right.

24 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

But the Lucina interview specifically mentioned they were against her inclusion on the grounds of too many sword users (among others)-- given what the game data shows, Celica and Lyn were the last additions to the roster. While using "forced" makes it sound like we know exactly what happened (we don't), it's a very easy conclusion to reach given what we do know.

I think people are over emphasizing how much they were against adding Lucina. More likely they were concerned they had too many sword users but ultimately decided it wasn't that big a deal. I seriously doubt nintendo/IS bullyed them into adding Lucina.

In game development there are always debates on what content to include and theres always stuff that gets left out of games, we fans often just never find out about it.

Now that I think about it, their comment about having too many sword users I think was based on the characters they were adding from the 3 main games they were focusing on. And yeah, theres a lot of story important sword users in Awakening and Fates.

Edited by wissenschaft

2 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I think people are over emphasizing how much they were against adding Lucina. More likely they were concerned they had too many sword users but ultimately decided it wasn't that big a deal.

We don't know for certain, definitely, but it's also quite easy to be cynical considering everything else that has happened. They could've just as likely decided that it wasn't worth fighting over and that they should just put them in to appease the demand. Nobody knows; you can't say it was one or the other definitively. 

7 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Fair enough, then.

I've gathered that from... pretty much everywhere that has a passing relation to or interest in Fire Emblem. I tend to go with the attitude of "If it's not officially announced, it's not in the game," which has given me much less disappointment than "If it's not officially announced, it's still in because it's too important." Speculation can be fun, but actually expecting anything just leads to a false feeling of entitlement. It helps that I'm actually okay with the roster, but I don't agree with some people that say the roster is "bad" because it doesn't have all of the "essentials." They've given us what they said they would (although admittedly, a bit more transparency early on about the final amount of SD characters would've been nice), and the game isn't suddenly terrible just because few characters aren't in. There's a very big difference between an actually bad game, and a game that doesn't interest someone, and I feel like a lot of people have blurred that line for themselves with Warriors.

Considering recent Warriors games have had DLC, including Hyrule Warriors, I don't know if anyone really expected that not to happen anyway. The contents of the DLC were more up in the air though, and I noticed there was a bit of a split in opinions for whether it would expand on the base games or pull characters from others. I'll admit that I'd prefer the first, which is what's happening, but I didn't expect it one way or the other so I wouldn't set myself up for disappointment.

Good, at least my vague memory got something right.

I got all my disappointment out after the announcement trailer; my interest has been pretty consistently held since then.

Heck, the only characters HW added outside the focus games pre-Legends were MM characters (which would be like adding NME characters to FEW in DLC). That was a point where people misinterpreted precedence. 

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

I got all my disappointment out after the announcement trailer; my interest has been pretty consistently held since then.

Heck, the only characters HW added outside the focus games pre-Legends were MM characters (which would be like adding NME characters to FEW in DLC). That was a point where people misinterpreted precedence. 

I was disappointed at first too admittedly, but I came around to accepting it pretty quick. Sorry if my last post was a bit too rant-y, it's just an annoyance that tends to resurface every now and then.

My knowledge of Hyrule Warriors is very limited, but there definitely seems to be a difference in the casts of characters between FE and Zelda. At least with Hyrule Warriors, if your favorite game made it in, you'd probably be happy with whoever they pick because there's not as many possibilities (although I hear there's one fan favorite from Skyward Sword that didn't make it while a weird choice from Twilight Princess did, so maybe I'm incorrect in that assumption). With Fire Emblem, everyone tends to have a pretty different list of favorites for each game, so far fewer will actually end up fully content. I don't have the most informed opinion of HW though, so I apologize if I'm off on any of this.

I am kinda sad that New Mystery characters likely aren't gonna be in any of the DLC though. A pack with Katarina, Clarisse, and Legion would've been amazing. But that's just my biased wishful thinking.

36 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I think people are over emphasizing how much they were against adding Lucina. More likely they were concerned they had too many sword users but ultimately decided it wasn't that big a deal. I seriously doubt nintendo/IS bullyed them into adding Lucina.

In game development there are always debates on what content to include and theres always stuff that gets left out of games, we fans often just never find out about it.

Now that I think about it, their comment about having too many sword users I think was based on the characters they were adding from the 3 main games they were focusing on. And yeah, theres a lot of story important sword users in Awakening and Fates.

True, Nintendo could have just encouraged it while they were unsure, but if it came down to it, they probably would have forced it. Honestly, I don't think they would be wrong to do so either considering she's one of the more important characters to the game (more so than Cordelia for certain).

So this is what I think will happen.

SD: Merric/Linde, Minerva, Cain/Abel

Awakening: Tharja, Lon'qu, Nowi

Fates: Azura (pretty much confirmed), Silas, Kaze

Want I want to happen

SD: Katarina (yeah yeah she's in the remake of the sequel but its still in the original Archanea timeline let me dream), Michalis, Linde

Awakening: Sumia/Cynthia, Gaius, Henry

Fates: Azura, Silas, Hana

Still pretty intrigued about what might be to come though.

I don't think I've actually made my predictions yet. I guess I should do that.

SD: Minerva, Camus, Merric/Linde. Since they said that popularity will be a bigger factor for the DLC, I think it'll probably be Linde, but I could still see it going either way.

Awakening: Tharja, Nowi, Gaius. I'm not really sure how popular most characters from Awakening are, but I think these three are decently popular.

Fates: Azura, Shigure, Silas. We've got Lucina, so I could see Shigure getting in. Again though, I'm not really sure about any of the Fates characters' popularity, so this is my best guess.

My biggest wishes...

The Pegasus Sisters represented somehow. Either one of them (probably Catria) with the other two as support for attacks (giving her an unique moveset rather than making her another Pegasus clone), or Minerva with the three as part of her attacks.

Felicia or Jakob for Fates, alongside Kaze. Basically, representation for butler or maid and ninja.

Edited by NeonZ

I think people are being a bit optimistic here. I feel like if we're getting the npc characters, than they'll be part of this dlc, not a free update. So I'm thinking we'll be getting:

Fates: Azura, Oboro, Niles

Awakening: Owain, Tharja, Gaius/Severa

Shadow Dragon: Navarre, Minerva, Camus/Hardin

People are saying that they're not going to make us pay for characters already in the game, but I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt the Villains will ever be playable though. The only one I want to play as is Gharnef anyways.

38 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

People are saying that they're not going to make us pay for characters already in the game, but I wouldn't put it past them. I doubt the Villains will ever be playable though. The only one I want to play as is Gharnef anyways.

Considering they gave us the villans of hyrule warriors out for free (but put their equipment upgrades behind DLC) says otherwise. there really isnt a reason to put the NPCs behind dlc except for their equipment (if it works like it did in HW)

1.Each Dlc pack have 3 new characters, and in contrast of focus on rosters "canon,absolutely necessary" in the main game, they would more consider about DLC characters' popularity and interesting/fun elements.

2.DLC packs also consider add more types of unit.

Looking at these again, and especially the order that the packs are coming in (Fates -> Shadow Dragon -> Awakening), as well as Heroes and the Choose Your Legends poll likely being where they draw in popularity data from most, there's probably a few solid guesses we could make as to what we'll be getting. I wouldn't be surprised though if the Fates pack is Azura + two KT dev choices, since it sounds like they didn't have much option when it came to the roster and this is their first chance to do so. Shadow Dragon will probably largely fill out some missing unit types, and Awakening will likely be pure fan favorites.

What I predict:

Fates- Azura, Felicia or Jakob, and Kaze.

Shadow Dragon- Minerva, Camus, and Draug.

Awakening- Virion, Tharja, and Gaius.

What I want:

Fates- Azura, Felicia, and Kaze.

Shadow Dragon- Minerva, Draug, and Merric.

Awakening- Virion, Nowi, and Kellam.

From Awakening, I think that Tharja is a shoe-in, and after that it's a 3-way toss up between Gaius, Inigo, and Severa. When you consider the combined popularity of Severa and Inigo's 2 alter egos each, they are some of the most popular on CYL. My biggest preferance would be bow-knight Severa and dancer-Inigo.

From Fates, Azura is for sure, and the rest is shaky. If they want to include 2 hidden weapon users, than it's pretty easily going to be Kaze and then either Felicia or Jakob. However, they could decide to go with one hidden weapon user, or to have no hidden weapon users at all since they'd have to add the weapon type into the game. If this is the case, I'd like to see Charlotte added. She's pretty popular, and she's an axe user. Silas is another possibility.

6 hours ago, TheSS said:

From Awakening, I think that Tharja is a shoe-in, and after that it's a 3-way toss up between Gaius, Inigo, and Severa. When you consider the combined popularity of Severa and Inigo's 2 alter egos each, they are some of the most popular on CYL. My biggest preferance would be bow-knight Severa and dancer-Inigo.

From Fates, Azura is for sure, and the rest is shaky. If they want to include 2 hidden weapon users, than it's pretty easily going to be Kaze and then either Felicia or Jakob. However, they could decide to go with one hidden weapon user, or to have no hidden weapon users at all since they'd have to add the weapon type into the game. If this is the case, I'd like to see Charlotte added. She's pretty popular, and she's an axe user. Silas is another possibility.

I don't know why so many people keep predicting a maid or Ninja. They're not going to add a new weapon type. There's like, zero chance of that happening. They would then have to add a bunch of new weapons to the game and probably a generic enemy to the game to use them. That's a lot of new models to make for some realativly cheep dlc. I guess Kaze could get in using swords and he could use shurikens on the side, but I doubt Kaze is high on their priority list.

Edited by Jonahtron

On 10/1/2017 at 8:29 PM, The DanMan said:

The wording they used seemed more akin to them debating on whether or not to include Lucina, not that they were against including her. They never even said that they chose not to. It seemed more like Nintendo was the deciding factor.

I don't think Koei would tiptoe around this, they outright said Aonuma, the director of the Zelda series, told them not to use Tingle when they had planned to in the base game, even if he eventually became DLC.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:15 PM, DefaultBeep said:

My knowledge of Hyrule Warriors is very limited, but there definitely seems to be a difference in the casts of characters between FE and Zelda. At least with Hyrule Warriors, if your favorite game made it in, you'd probably be happy with whoever they pick because there's not as many possibilities (although I hear there's one fan favorite from Skyward Sword that didn't make it while a weird choice from Twilight Princess did, so maybe I'm incorrect in that assumption). With Fire Emblem, everyone tends to have a pretty different list of favorites for each game, so far fewer will actually end up fully content. I don't have the most informed opinion of HW though, so I apologize if I'm off on any of this.

Trust me, the possibility still existed..outside of the given characters (Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf) none of my favs made it in the base game. OoT Favs: Saria, Malon (I know, odd choice, but Agitha made it), Nabooru, TP Fav: Ashei, SS Fav: Groose. It wasn't until DLC that I got some non-core favs in with Young Link/Fierce Deity, Medli, and Marin..though no Hilda :C

Agitha was a..polarizing..choice to say the least considering you can go through all of Twilight Princess and never meet her while the demand for Groose from Skyward Sword was high and yet never came to be.

23 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

I think people are being a bit optimistic here. I feel like if we're getting the npc characters, than they'll be part of this dlc, not a free update. So I'm thinking we'll be getting:

Fates: Azura, Oboro, Niles

Awakening: Owain, Tharja, Gaius/Severa

Shadow Dragon: Navarre, Minerva, Camus/Hardin

Why do you feel like that? They didn't charge us for the OC NPC villains in Hyrule Warriors or even Medli in Hyrule Warriors Legends, who I still theorize was meant for base game but didn't get finished in time.

I mean, anything is possible, but I don't think they'll charge for characters mostly already in the game.

Edited by Deva Ashera

23 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Trust me, the possibility still existed..outside of the given characters (Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf) none of my favs made it in the base game. OoT Favs: Saria, Malon (I know, odd choice, but Agitha made it), Nabooru, TP Fav: Ashei, SS Fav: Groose. It wasn't until DLC that I got some non-core favs in with Young Link/Fierce Deity, Medli, and Marin..though no Hilda :C

Agitha was a..polarizing..choice to say the least considering you can go through all of Twilight Princess and never meet her while the demand for Groose from Skyward Sword was high and yet never came to be.

Why do you feel like that? They didn't charge us for the OC NPC villains in Hyrule Warriors or even Medli in Hyrule Warriors Legends, who I still theorize was meant for base game but didn't get finished in time.

I mean, anything is possible, but I don't think they'll charge for characters mostly already in the game.

Really the only character missing from Hyrule warriors was Groose. That was honestly a crime. But other than that, the game was significantly less dividing than this game. Sheik got in, Midna got in, Girahim got in, the fans were happy.

As for my dlc predictions, I just think that it's a little suspicious that they haven't said so by now, like how it was suspicious that it took them so long to mention shadow dragon characters. Like, don't you think it would have been a good idea to mention in this interview? Like, just say "There will be 3 new characters in each pack, but we'll also release Owain, Oboro etc. in an update for free!" That would have just made people more excited and therefore, more people would want to buy the game. It's a win win situation! But there silence is concerning.

Just now, Jonahtron said:

I don't know why so many people keep predicting a maid or Ninja. They're not going to add a new weapon type. There's like, zero chance of that happening. They would then have to add a bunch of new weapons to the game and probably a generic enemy to the game to use them. That's a lot of new models to make for some realativly cheep dlc. I guess Kaze could get in using swords and he could use shurikens on the side, but I doubt Kaze is high on their priority list.

I wouldn't really say there's no chance what so ever of a new weapon type. DLC characters are likely going to bring entirely new movesets to the game as opposed to simply being semi-clones, so already they're set apart from every enemy in the game. Enemies also don't have to use every weapon, do any of them use Tiki's non-awakened dragonstone attacks?

Edited by Luminario

As of now there are unit type representation that is still lacking including 1) Mercenary/Hero 2) Warrior 3) Berserker 4) Armor Knight 5) Bow knight 6) Thief 7) Light mage 8) Anima Mage. The first three are some of my favorite units so I'm hoping they get represented in the DLC, additionally it would be nice if some of Fates' exclusive classes like Oni chieftain and weapon master got represented. Due to this lack of representation I'm hoping against odds that this issue will be addressed with the release of DLC, that and I'm still waiting for Minerva and Ogma. 

16 minutes ago, SavageVolug said:

As of now there are unit type representation that is still lacking including 1) Mercenary/Hero 2) Warrior 3) Berserker 4) Armor Knight 5) Bow knight 6) Thief 7) Light mage 8) Anima Mage. The first three are some of my favorite units so I'm hoping they get represented in the DLC, additionally it would be nice if some of Fates' exclusive classes like Oni chieftain and weapon master got represented. Due to this lack of representation I'm hoping against odds that this issue will be addressed with the release of DLC, that and I'm still waiting for Minerva and Ogma. 

Every playable mage is supposed to be an anima mage. Granted, most of there attacks are generic magic, but I specifically recall seeing Robin having a Thoron looking attack.

5 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Every playable mage is supposed to be an anima mage. Granted, most of there attacks are generic magic, but I specifically recall seeing Robin having a Thoron looking attack.

Jonahtron, Oh I missed that, from what I'd seen I was under the impression that Robin was more of a Dark Mage than an Anima Mage. My mistake.

18 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

Indeed, Robin has Elfire, Elwind, Thoron, Ruin and, for some reason Rexaura or at least that's what i sounds like they're saying. Leo and Elise have Arcfire(well they say Giga Fire), Moonlight, Mjolnir, some dark magic spike attack, and some other attack I either can't remember or haven't seen, and that's only their normal moves so they all seem to have quite some variety in the elements of their attacks. They could still do a ton more with magic though. If they found a way to make like 6 different movesets out of swords then they can at least make a few more magic based movesets, especially with dark and light magic.

Edited by Luminario

1 hour ago, Jonahtron said:

Every playable magic user (and the NPC Villains too since they're all magic users) rep anima, light, and dark magic users all at once, using every element for their charge attacks. In fact, magic users in Fire Emblem warriors are the only ones who readily have easy access to more than one of the regular Fire Emblem elements; the rest only use one element in their regular moveset.

12 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

Well, I don't think they necessarily have to add in a new enemy type. But I can see them adding in two users and then creating a relatively small selection of knives or shuriken into the game. It would be a bit of extra work, but not that much.

I do think it's also very likely, possibly more likely, that we get no hidden weapon users. In that case I'd like to see Charlotte and then either Effie or one of the beast stone users.