Hints at what is in Warriors DLC & plans

Jedi

1 hour ago, SavageVolug said:

Jonahtron, Oh I missed that, from what I'd seen I was under the impression that Robin was more of a Dark Mage than an Anima Mage. My mistake.

Yeah Robin takes a lot of inspiration from Smash, with arcfire, Elwind, Thoron etc, with some light and dark thrown in.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think in the case of this game, the absence of distinction among the magic types reflects, besides Robin's Smash influences, two things:

1. The fact this game is the first FEW. They didn't have the time and resources (or want to put them in) to include that many unique pure mage movesets, hence we got Leo (Elise is clone-ish right?) and Robin, with everyone else having magical touches as per the norm for many Musou chars. To mitigate complaints of leaving a particular FE Magic type unrepresented, they threw them all into the movesets they did include. Later, I'll be expecting them to have particular mages focus on a single magic type, it'd be odd if Micaiah used Wind and not purely Light. Likewise, I'd expect, and want, Lewyn (or Merric) to be so overloaded with Wind Magic up the wazoo that you'd be able to see wind gusts passing into one digestive tract orifice of an enemy and out the other. But that is novelty they couldn't afford to do with this first game.
  2. Secondly, the three games focused on for FEW are SD, Awakening, and Fates. None of these games have a hard and fast categorial distinction between magic types. GBA, Jugdral, and Tellius do, but in SD and Fates, magic of all the kinds are lumped into one Tome category, and Awakening's Sorcerers can use Dark, Anima, and even Naga equally well.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think in the case of this game, the absence of distinction among the magic types reflects, besides Robin's Smash influences, two things:

1. The fact this game is the first FEW. They didn't have the time and resources (or want to put them in) to include that many unique pure mage movesets, hence we got Leo (Elise is clone-ish right?) and Robin, with everyone else having magical touches as per the norm for many Musou chars. To mitigate complaints of leaving a particular FE Magic type unrepresented, they threw them all into the movesets they did include. Later, I'll be expecting them to have particular mages focus on a single magic type, it'd be odd if Micaiah used Wind and not purely Light. Likewise, I'd expect, and want, Lewyn (or Merric) to be so overloaded with Wind Magic up the wazoo that you'd be able to see wind gusts passing into one digestive tract orifice of an enemy and out the other. But that is novelty they couldn't afford to do with this first game.
  2. Secondly, the three games focused on for FEW are SD, Awakening, and Fates. None of these games have a hard and fast categorial distinction between magic types. GBA, Jugdral, and Tellius do, but in SD and Fates, magic of all the kinds are lumped into one Tome category, and Awakening's Sorcerers can use Dark, Anima, and even Naga equally well.

I think I rather want mages to be like how they were in this game: use a magic spell for each element, and be Magic against the Resistance stat in terms of attacks. What you could do instead is have them use an element more than the others (Robin can keep his moveset f.ex. because he favours thunder magic by default whereas someone like Merric could have his normal attacks incorporate wind gusts instead of lightning balls and additionally manipulate it through his C1 and one of his other C#s as well... and of course his super attacks).

If Oboro doesn't become playable in any form, I'm going to cry, I'm really going to cry !!!

I'm ok with whatever from Awakening... But Shadow Dragon:

I would like to see Xane ! Maybe Merric or Julian? Or Linde probably can have some luck. But Xane would be my priority to request since, he sounds fun to implement in the game. Also Camus, because we don't have a lance paladin

Well, since we're making predictions, here's some of mine:

Fates DLC

1. Oboro and Niles will become playable for free before the contents of this DLC is downloadable.
  2. Azura was already confirmed as being part of this DLC (or at least hinted).
  3. With Azura's presence, I think the History Map could focus on the Endgame, or perhaps even Revelation. We might see popular characters, and/or characters that'd fit the possible story on this History Map.
  4. There will be enough Master Seals to promote five additional characters. This would be enough for the Fates DLC characters + Niles and Oboro.

Shadow Dragon DLC

1. Navarre will become playable for free before the contents of this DLC is downloadable.
  2. A History Map based on a Shadow Dragon Chapter will come. The Chapter could decide which characters appear, or they'll handpick from popular SD characters instead.
  3. There will be enough Master Seals to promote four additional characters. This would be enough for the SD DLC characters + Navarre.

Awakening DLC

1. Owain will become playable for free before the contents of this DLC is downloadable.
  2. A History Map based on Awakening of course. I think this one will focus on Lucina, and for that reason, I think the Awakening kids are gonna play a big role here. As a number of them are decently popular, I think at least two of the DLC characters will be picked from Awakening's second gen, but one may or may not be picked from the first gen, likely around the late or endgame.
  3. There will be enough Master Seals to promote four additional characters. This would be enough for the Awakening DLC characters + Owain.

There might be a possibility for a fourth DLC pack. In that case, they'd probably consist of characters whose popularity is all that they have going for them... but maybe not from games other than the three focus games. We may or may not get a History Map alongside this pack, or maybe they'll add extra missions with winnable Master Seals to Coliseum Mode?

Well since we know we are getting three characters in each DLC pack, I guess this is a good time to make some predictions:

Shadow Dragon:

Minerva

Camus

Merric/Maybe Linde? I really don't know who the third character would be. Although I'm kind of hoping it would be Etzel, just because I like him, and he would be the only other dark mage besides Tharja, who is almost guaranteed. (Unless they make the villains playable, which I really don't know).

Awakening:

Tharja, if she doesn't get in I would be shocked

Gaius/Gangrel, Gaius is more likely I think, but I'd still be happy with Gangrel (please, I need my two favorite thieves)

Nowi/Severa/Virion/Cherche/Walhart. I could see any of them making it really

Fates:

Azura, pretty much confirmed

Charlotte, because I don't feel like you could add Arthur without adding Subaki, and I don't think that's going to happen

Benny, same reasoning as Charlotte

I can't imagine they would make the NPCs playable through DLC instead of an update. That would just be a waste. Also am I the only one who really wishes Darius was playable?

With the fates dlc I dont really care if we get felicia or jacob, I just hope we get one of them, but if I could give an ideal for that I would love both, if we could get them as clones of one another I would be happy, I think their mid battle dialogue would be great because they work well off each other.

I would also appreciate severa and inigo and am hoping for the best in that regard.

aside from that, I cant think of any SD characters that I care a ton for, medeus would be nice as a new dragonstone user but that will never happen on account of IS trying to act like he doesn't exist maybe bantu if villians are not possible, nowi is ok too with nah as an alternate costume and manakete morgan and awakening tiki and you will have my streetpass team that was op at one time kana would also be nice for alternates, same for morgan, I want more cringeworthy child-parent dialogue.

crap my biases are showing.

If we get minerva she had better have a triangle attack with the three sisters.

19 hours ago, Jonahtron said:

As for my dlc predictions, I just think that it's a little suspicious that they haven't said so by now, like how it was suspicious that it took them so long to mention shadow dragon characters. Like, don't you think it would have been a good idea to mention in this interview? Like, just say "There will be 3 new characters in each pack, but we'll also release Owain, Oboro etc. in an update for free!" That would have just made people more excited and therefore, more people would want to buy the game. It's a win win situation! But there silence is concerning.

The game only just released. When Hyrule Warriors released in Japan, they announced the DLC Season Pass/Packs first and then a week or two later announced that Cia, Volga, and Wizzro would be a free update.

Its also likely they didn't say anything about Navarre, Owain, Niles, Oboro, etc yet because, technically, we weren't supposed to know they were in the game until after release and people played through the story. I expect we'll hear something nearing the NA/EU releases similarly to Hyrule Warriors. 

I'm predicting:

SD:

Camus - too iconic to not include, need lance paladin

Minerva - one of the few memorable SD characters

Merric - due to relationship to other SD characters

Awakening:

Tharja - assets popularity

Gaius - popularity

Vaike - playstyle variety (and more likely than Barst or other popular axe infantry)

Fates

Azura - it's frankly criminal that she isn't in the base roster

Kaze

Odin

I'm hoping for:

SD:

Camus

Minerva (with Michalis alternate costume)

Xane - so much playstyle potential

Awakening:

Everyone but Donnel and Nowi

Priam - a small bone to throw to those of us, myself included, that wanted Ike

Lon'qu - my spirit animal

Tharja

Fates:

Azura

Kaze or Jacob

Kaden

2 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Priam - a small bone to throw to those of us, myself included, that wanted Ike

some may see it as a slap to the face, outright deconfirming ike but then giving us priam, but I would appreciate him showing up.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

some may see it as a slap to the face, outright deconfirming ike but then giving us priam, but I would appreciate him showing up.

I could see and understand that reaction. However, an Ike costume wouldn't be out of the question with Priam. It's sort of a backdoor, non-optimal way of getting him, but it's a pretty reasonable way nonetheless.

5 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

The more I think about it the more I expect awakening to give Severa, Inigo, and Morgan with Owain coming free. 

I could see that happening, considering how popular Awakening's second gen are. Some were more popular than 1st gen characters. Though I can see Morgan being excluded for Tharja. since it would allow more of a unique moveset considering Morgan would be nothing more than another costume alt.

What about the issue of clones as DLC characters? I'd be much less inclined to purchase someone like Olivia or Tharja if they have the same base moveset as Marth and Robin even though I like both the characters and the movesets to begin with, and I'd be more inclined to buy someone like Inigo if he has a dancer based moveset as opposed to just slashing with the sword 10 different ways. Would you lot want to buy a character you're indifferent to if they're clones?

Edited by Luminario

4 hours ago, Luminario said:

What about the issue of clones as DLC characters? I'd be much less inclined to purchase someone like Olivia or Tharja if they have the same base moveset as Marth and Robin even though I like both the characters and the movesets to begin with, and I'd be more inclined to buy someone like Inigo if he has a dancer based moveset as opposed to just slashing with the sword 10 different ways. Would you lot want to buy a character you're indifferent to if they're clones?

For me, it doesn't really matter. I'd just be happy and glad they're in the game in the first place, even if it's through DLC. I would be happy to see Olivia ingame with a full 3D model since she was one of my Awakening favorites and she's getting some more love. But if it's basic moves that DLC characters share, then that isn't so bad I guess, I mean special moves will be unique to them.

But the Fates pack releases in two months from US release, while the Shadow Dragon pack releases two months from the Fates pack, then the Awakening pack one month from the Shadow Dragon pack. So lets see what happens~ 

Edited by Legend_of_Zelia

I'd also love it if the packs come with a few new costumes too. Camilla could get a Witch costume, Elise could get one that makes her look similar to Forrest, Tiki could get a Nowi one (if she's not DLC herself), Anna could get her Trickster and Outlaw outfits, Marth could get his classic pantless look, the list goes on~

2 hours ago, Luminario said:

I'd also love it if the packs come with a few new costumes too. Camilla could get a Witch costume, Elise could get one that makes her look similar to Forrest, Tiki could get a Nowi one (if she's not DLC herself), Anna could get her Trickster and Outlaw outfits, Marth could get his classic pantless look, the list goes on~

More costumes would be great. I love new costumes, both silly fan service (meaning in a broad term of just fun gimmicky stuff) costumes and cool alt costumes. I wouldn't mind more of both really. Witch Corrin costume would be nice, one of my favorite Cipher art pieces.

5 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

More costumes would be great. I love new costumes, both silly fan service (meaning in a broad term of just fun gimmicky stuff) costumes and cool alt costumes. I wouldn't mind more of both really. Witch Corrin costume would be nice, one of my favorite Cipher art pieces.

Tunic!Marth is the only roster choice that I realistically care about!

On 4-10-2017 at 1:39 AM, Xattm47 said:

Charlotte, because I don't feel like you could add Arthur without adding Subaki, and I don't think that's going to happen

I don't see why they couldn't do Arthur without Subaki. Its not like the two have much interaction between each other.

Its true that doing Arthur would give Elise a retainer and leave Sakura without one but I think that the devs should step away from this idea that the two kingdoms need perfect parity. 

I would love more costumes. If anything, if they took some inspiration from Heroes for most of them.

Like Spring outfits for Lucina, Xander, Camilla and Chrom

Summer type outfits for Female Corrin, 2 royal Fates siblings and Robin

Maybe some original outfits for the game that Heroes hasn't done yet itself, like dressing up Corrin as a Witch based on her Halloween Cepher card, Crossover outfits, etc.

I also hope the NPC allies like Niles and Owain get promoting outfits too if they're made playable with an update, and I especially hope that Owain gets his Odin dark mage outfit along with giving him tome specials instead of regular sword specials, as specials are unique to every fighter as opposed to the shared normal attack movesets, just to reference his character in both games.