Fire Emblem Heroes: The Mafia Gacha: The Game Thread

Shinori

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, before I do anything else, some basic reading material:

On 10/5/2017 at 1:38 PM, Shinori said:

Day 2 has officially started, day 2 ends in 72 hours, Sunday at 4 PM CST.

You guys had anywhere between 1:30-2:00 my time until the phase ended, and the official phase end was said to be at 2 PM. That's an hour earlier than you guys thought. If you had a question about when phase ended, you should've asked. I even posted the amount of time you had 18 hours ago, seriously.  Shinori also posted how much time you had a few hours ago, too.

2. I don't know how other hosts do it, but in my games the only way a hammer can be taken back is if the unvote occurs in the exact same post as the hammering post. So the hammer cannot be taken back.

3. I would've granted an extension had you guys actually waited a bit. I have half a mind to grant the extension end phase anyway and use up your extension request, but that'd just be spiteful so the game still has one extension request available.

Phase end.

Edited by Sunwoo

Votals:
Refa (1): Junko
Bartozio (6): BBM, pika_pika42, Proto, Refa, Green Poet, Bartozio
Oboro-garasu (1): Bartozio

Not voting: everyone else

With that, Bartozio has been lynched! He was:

On 9/30/2017 at 11:46 PM, Sunwoo said:

Dear Bartozio, you are Eirika, the Restoration Lady.

Like the pacifist you are, your true calling is not so much in fighting but in buffing the people around you -- blade tomes especially love to have you around on their team. You crushed Elise pretty handily in the first voting gauntlet, showing people still care about old FE characters, and people still like to make disgusting jokes about you and your brother.

Each night, you may respond to your role PM with "I will give it my all, <USER>!" This will make <USER> strong-willed, and they will bypass any actions that may stop them. You may not target the same person consecutively. In short, you are the strong-willed maker.

You are aligned with Askr. You win when all enemies of Askr have been eliminated.

It is now N2. N2 ends 24 hours from now on October 9 at 2 PM PST. If you're not sure when this is, then ask.

Night 2 has ended, as everyone get's together to start a new day you find someone dead in the middle of the gathering place.

BBM has died, he was:

Dear BBM, you are Serra, the Outspoken Princess.

You are the self-righteous, proud, ostentatious cleric in service of Hector. A member of colorless hell, you are one of the pure healers of the game, not very good for many other things. There's not much else to say here except that players are lucky that you can't be rolled as a 5-star to break pity rates.

Each night, you may respond to your role PM with "Adore me, <USER>!" You will visit <USER> at night and allow them to grace themselves with your presence. While you are there, you will further protect them from all harm during the night. In short, you are the doctor.

You are aligned with Askr. You win when all enemies of Askr have been eliminated.

With that day 3 has started. Day 3 will last for 72 hours and end on Thursday at 5 PM CST.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171012T17&p0=3704&font=cursive&csz=1

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^CLICK ON THE LINK IT HAS A TIMER TO THE END OF THE DAY PHASE.  I've posted this each time everyone has access to this and there should be zero issues on when the day phase ends.

With 8 people alive it takes 5 to hammer.

Welp, I actually spent quite some time analyzing Scum!BBM scenario, but it looks like the Mafia chose to clear up my doubts.

FK, can you please explain to us exactly what your role does? It might help to include your character and flavor too.

8 minutes ago, Oboro-Garasu said:

FK, can you please explain to us exactly what your role does? It might help to include your character and flavor too.

why the hell not

I check a player and get a color that corresponds to an alignment, but I don't know which unless a player I checked flips

the meaning of the colors resets after every two checks, so if I had succeeded tonight, even if Junko would flip as town or whoever I checked (which would have been you) flipped as either town or scum, anyone else coming up with the same color doesn't mean they share that alignment. basically I need one flip from every pair for meaningful results

but the motivator's dead, too bad, huh? so much for buying town a day where they didn't fuck up, at least

I'm Sharena, don't think I can quote the flavor

Spoiler

ND8fuVI.png

Didn't read the game last night, that lynch made me too salty.

Actually didn't do shit last night in general because non-consecutive.  Didn't claim fully yesterday because I wanted scum to waste a roleblock on me, but there's no point in hiding it now.

FK's claimed role makes even less sense in the setup, considering the Godfather.  Being blocked is NAI but @Mackc2 should mention if he was roleblocked or not.  Opinion hasn't really changed on him since yesterday otherwise.

Although this means I'm probably wrong about Proto, at least from a role perspective (which was what I was mainly bothered by in the first place).  Mason Dayvig is still pretty busted, but it makes more sense in combination with Innocent Stump and Tracker than it did with Innocent Child/Cop/Tracker.  I don't think his FK defense yesterday is scum/scum because him begging FK not to be lynched would look sooooo bad later on, and for minimal benefit.  Not sure what to make of him telling Bartozio to self vote though, that was messed up (especially since the only reason Bartozio would self vote is if he was clueless town).

I don't remember Junko/Pika_pika having any meaningful interactions with FK, so I should probably reread them next.  Leaning Junko over Pika_pika ATM because I'm townreading the latter.  GP was scumreading FK since Day 1, and it'd be pretty ridiculous if she came into the game and said "first post: Bus Michelaar second post: bus Faerie Knight", so she's probably town as well.

17 minutes ago, Refa said:

FK's claimed role makes even less sense in the setup, considering the Godfather.  Being blocked is NAI but @Mackc2 should mention if he was roleblocked or not.  Opinion hasn't really changed on him since yesterday otherwise.

I was only partially telling the truth about being a tracker, I'm actually a random variant jack of all trades, I just happened to pull lookout first night so I went with that claim and I didn't clarify because I wanted FK to think he would be getting tracked.

6 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I was only partially telling the truth about being a tracker, I'm actually a random variant jack of all trades, I just happened to pull lookout first night so I went with that claim and I didn't clarify because I wanted FK to think he would be getting tracked.

Unless all of your other abilities are investigative as well or Junk is an investigative role, FK is probably town in that case (being the only claimed investigative role).

Going to wait for a @Junk claim before rethinking all of my reads.

I didn't honestly expect Bartozio to self-vote. I made that suggestion out of the frustration that Bartozio would walk away alive due to the deadline (I really thought they were scum after BBM pointed out the Motivator > Safeguard comparison), and just told them to self-vote, and then they ended up doing it anyway. That probably looks terrible on me, because a surviving Bartozio would have ensured that FK doesn't get blocked...

Anyhow, I'm inclined to believe FK's claim, given how unreliable it is, and especially in light of Mack revealing that they aren't a full-time tracker. Mack, do you want to let us know what you did last night? You don't have to if you feel that it's better to keep it hidden, but I doubt that would be the case here. Unless you're waiting for Junko's claim or something.

BTW FK, I hope you know as to whether the color reset applies after every second successful check or after every second attempted check. If you're unsure, you should ask the mods. You don't need to tell us which one it is, because I don't want the Mafia to know too much, and I trust that you're intelligent enough to utilize your role well, based on what you know.

I'm leaning towards scum Junko and would like him to claim. His scumbuddy is a tougher question. Maybe Pika, as Refa suggested? My only significant issue with Scum!Pika is on how the D1 wagon was between Pika vs Michelaar, but that could simply be due to the Mafia accepting that one of their people will get lynched D1. Pika choosing not to vote Michelaar is weird could have been an attempt to save the godfather in that case.

I'm also assuming that Refa is town, but don't quite understand why I feel that way. I might look back to re-evaluate Refa, but for now, I'm fine with pressuring Junko first.

1 hour ago, Mackc2 said:

I was only partially telling the truth about being a tracker, I'm actually a random variant jack of all trades

what's that

Just now, Mackc2 said:

I choose a user and use a random ability on them

Sounds dumb, no offense.  If your character is who I think it is, then I can get why it's a thing, but still.

"Okay time to target my town read" *gets vigged*

"Okay, well uh better target my scum read instead" *gets strongwilled*

Just now, Mackc2 said:

I choose a user and use a random ability on them

Sounds dumb, no offense.  If your character is who I think it is, then I can get why it's a thing, but still.

1 minute ago, Refa said:

Yes that is exactly the problem my ability doesn't have much practical use and yes I am Kiran, It just might help but probably not