Ike and Roy deconfirmed for FE Warriors

Yexin

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

To be fair to the Lyn & Celica part, those were both Nintendo/IS Mandates, but the rest can be questioned.

Why would Nintendo mandate Lyn and Celica, but not Ike and Roy?  Ike is just as popular as Lyn according to the CYL poll, if not more.  Even people who aren't familiar with FE will know them from Smash.  If Smash was enough to draw people to FE, you'd think they'd want to use that same publicity to draw people to this game.

If someone asks "Are Marth and Roy in this game?"  There's no reason that answer should be "no".

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like people and developers saying important adds can be added in the sequel. 

If you completely ignore a sizable amount of the fanbase, spend the entire development cycle making bad decisions brought by terrible PR and release uncomfortably close to a mainline Mario game then a sequel is by no means guaranteed. They need to nail Fire emblem warriors now and not wait for some mythical sequel. With how Koei is currently handling the game I don't get a feeling they are even trying to nail the game. 

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Why would Nintendo mandate Lyn and Celica, but not Ike and Roy?  Ike is just as popular as Lyn according to the CYL poll, if not more.  Even people who aren't familiar with FE will know them from Smash.  If Smash was enough to draw people to FE, you'd think they'd want to use that same publicity to draw people to this game.

If someone asks "Are Marth and Roy in this game?"  There's no reason that answer should be "no".

I have no clue, but according to the Nintendo Dream stuff, IS was who decided Lyn and Celica, most likely due to Lyns surprise popularity in the CYL, and Celica because Echoes was being developed (which is why the History Mode map is based on Gaiden and not Echoes). 

I still stand by the fact that FE:W is a very very good Musou game, but people are just going to pick it apart simply due to the roster, which is really a shame. I understand why people would react the way they have with the PR however. It's probably actually the most polished Warriors game I've ever played out of my 15 years of playing them, in terms of just how it functions, besides Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4-II

It's not easy for me being in the position I'm in, because I want this game to be successful, alot of love and dedication went into it, however the marketing team and whoever was in charge of the PR was idiotic and they may have sunk this game much like how Earthbound tanked with a really bad marketing campaign.

Edited by Jedi

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because why include Lyn in the main game but not Ike?  At least have Ike and Roy as DLC since you have Lyn in game.  The PR nightmare of this game and the lies told to fans is utter BS.  At least TMS didn't give false hope once the setting was revealed, the handling of PR for that game vs. this one are night and day.  

56 minutes ago, Yexin said:

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/10/01/dont-expect-ike-or-roy-for-fire-emblem-warriors-1-dlc/

please, someone tell me this is wrong... sincerely cries, and this is not a joke, i can barely see what i'm typing

Ah, another has discovered the rage I eternally feel. A sad day, indeed. You have my sympathy, friend.

12 minutes ago, Jedi said:

To be fair to the Lyn & Celica part, those were both Nintendo/IS mandates (as was Lucina), but the rest can be questioned.

…Somehow that doesn't surprise me. That explains just about everything about this game - Nintendo mandated it.

As for the news, well…looking at Roy's lack of representation in video games across time, I can't say I'm surprised. Pissed off, yeah, but not surprised. They've always hated Roy. Ike's weird, though.

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth because why include Lyn in the main game but not Ike?  At least have Ike and Roy as DLC since you have Lyn in game.  The PR nightmare of this game and the lies told to fans is utter BS.  At least TMS didn't give false hope once the setting was revealed, the handling of PR for that game vs. this one are night and day.  

From what it sounds like, they were going to stay true to the 3 game focus, however. IS came in with Lyn and Celica. Which only complicated things further.

Edited by Jedi

6 minutes ago, Jedi said:

TMS was super honest about its inclusions and people were still incredibly salty (thats not even counting people salty with the direction), quite frankly I don't think any spinoffs regardless of what they do will ever work fully for this fanbase. We're too divided.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

I have no clue, but according to the Nintendo Dream stuff, IS was who decided Lyn and Celica, most likely due to Lyns surprise popularity in the CYL, and Celica because Echoes was being developed (which is why the History Mode map is based on Gaiden and not Echoes). 

I still stand by the fact that FE:W is a very very good Musou game, but people are just going to pick it apart simply due to the roster, which is really a shame. I understand why people would react the way they have with the PR however. 

It's not easy for me being in the position I'm in, because I want this game to be successful, alot of love and dedication went into it, however the marketing team and whoever was in charge of the PR was idiotic and they may have sunk this game much like how Earthbound tanked with a really bad marketing campaign.

I can understand Lyn being in.  If they only had one FE7 character, I don't mind it being her, but I feel they should have had at least one character from each game.  Sure, you can't please everybody, but there are plenty of ways to please more than catering only to three games.  Most fans of a given game will at least be satisfied with the protagonist getting in.

2 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't like people and developers saying important adds can be added in the sequel. 

If you completely ignore a sizable amount of the fanbase, spend the entire development cycle making bad decisions brought by terrible PR and release uncomfortably close to a mainline Mario game then a sequel is by no means guaranteed. They need to nail Fire emblem warriors now and not wait for some mythical sequel. With how Koei is currently handling the game I don't get a feeling they are even trying to nail the game. 

My sentiments exactly.  I stated similar a page ago, but it might have gotten buried.

My guess as to why Lyn got in but not Ike. Fanservice, of the bodily kind. I can see why females would find Ike attractive, but just look at Awakening's and Fates designs, and you start to wonder what IS and Nintendo thinks it's audience is.

Edited by RedRob

2 minutes ago, RedRob said:

My guess as to why Lyn got in but not Ike. Fanservice, of the bodily kind. I can see why females would find Ike attractive, but just look at Awakening's and Fates designs, and you start to wonder what IS thinks it's audience is.

I guess people like me don't fit into their demographic anymore.  I'm 31 and have been with the series since FE7.  I may joke around, but I've never really gotten the hots for FE characters; I like them for personality.

9 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I still stand by the fact that FE:W is a very very good Musou game, but people are just going to pick it apart simply due to the roster, which is really a shame. I understand why people would react the way they have with the PR however. It's probably actually the most polished Warriors game I've ever played out of my 15 years of playing them, in terms of just how it functions, besides Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4-II

Oh, I'm definitely going to give it a try, assuming I can get my hands on either an N3DS or Switch, the problem is how we're supposed to let them know to grow brains before trying another one. It's not even the roster I'm mad at, it's the idiocy they displayed trying to get people hyped for the game - the overseas audience got like 0.01% of the overall PR anything involved with this game, they contradicted themselves every other week, it's just straight-up ridiculous. To quote a somewhat less-than-usually-quoteworthy spud talking about the PR for this game:

"What, did you all take stupid pills this morning?"

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess people like me don't fit into their demographic anymore.  I'm 31 and have been with the series since FE7.  I may joke around, but I've never really gotten the hots for FE characters; I like them for personality.

Same here, I'm 26 and have been with the series since 09 when I picked up PoR. I like characters more for personality and overall design than anything, though I can on occasion find them very attractive (notably RD Ike and Frederick).

19 minutes ago, Jedi said:

TMS was super honest about its inclusions and people were still incredibly salty (thats not even counting people salty with the direction), quite frankly I don't think any spinoffs regardless of what they do will ever work fully for this fanbase. We're too divided.

I suppose you're right. Though I can't shake the feeling that if they were honest they focused on Shadow Dragon, Awakening and Fates because of their popularity rather than saying it was to reduce sword users yet add two sword users not from those games, people would have been less salty. Less salty but still salty.

Anyways, I don't really care anymore, I have who I want in the game and now I just want the game so I can play it and forget about all this shit.

Then I wonder what they meant when they said that they would listen to feedback for more dlc. More Fates, awakening and SD characters? The entire PR of this game leaves me completely baffled.

they could've decided to make a "towards FE Warriors 2" DLC pack, with ike, roy, hector and ephraim, just to name a few

but... no, not even this

also, the fact that they keep mentioning this potential sequel makes me feel we COULD see it quite soon

6 minutes ago, MCProductions said:

tenor.gif

basically me right now, except i'm still crying

1 minute ago, Titamon said:

Wow, I can't believe KT came out and said this garbage for everyone to quote. How unprofessional of them.

i completely agree

they shouldn't have said it at all, IMO

1 minute ago, Yexin said:

they shouldn't have said it at all, IMO

So the link stopped working for me because my comp is stupid, and there's the chance it won't work for others with a similar issue, so do you mind copy-pasting the main stupidity to here for those individuals(and me)?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I only been with the series since Awakening and I still think they being going the wrong direction with the series after lurking around here. Until Echoes in terms of art anyway. It says something when the story for Heroes, an app, is better than what we've gotten in the last few main games.

Just now, Titamon said:

Wow, I can't believe KT came out and said this garbage for everyone to quote. How unprofessional of them.

They been like this since the beginning. Just look at my reply to Thane on the first page. It has a list of things they been screwing up with the PR.

Part of me thinks that the reason Lyn and Celica were added to the game, but Ike and Roy won't be considered until a sequel, is because of what the former two have that the latter two don't. I hope I'm wrong, though.

Well that's dumb.

I hope this will be another case of developers contradicting themselves, like they've done before.

This is not surprising.

Honestly, the entire deal just goes back to horrible PR and poor direction with Fire Emblem Warriors. While I can go and list everything for the "x" time, the main issue here (in this topic) is the inclusion of Lyn and Celica. While I love the two characters, they should have stuck with the three focus games and leave other titles for the sequel or DLC. Having them in the base title opens the floodgates of "why isn't (x) character in Warriors, Lyn and Celica made it in!" Since Nintendo is confirmed to have "forced" Lyn and Celica in, you can blame them for that.

In terms of leaving Ike and Roy out though, it does leave them the possibility of getting the spotlight in the theoretical sequel. Imagine Tellius being one of the focus storylines with Ike and the Mercenaries. Yes, it does suck that they are not in this title, but I feel like expectations have been through the roof with FE:Warriors. If one can ignore the roster choices and poor PR, the game itself is excellent in my opinion. (A part of me would have liked more unique movesets, but whatever.)

I still plan on picking up the game and enjoying it while hoping the DLC solves many of the issues I have with the title. If they flesh out the Weapon Triangle some more and add more unique movesets (Lance Cavaliers, Lance Infantry, Armored Knights), then some of my problems will be solved.

Also, for the sake of reference or for re-reading, here is the interview from Nintendo Dream in July of 2017.

Interviews
Nintendo Dream - July 2017 (Nintendo Everything)

1 minute ago, Sire said:

In terms of leaving Ike and Roy out though, it does leave them the possibility of getting the spotlight in the theoretical sequel. Imagine Tellius being one of the focus storylines with Ike and the Mercenaries.

I admit, this would be pretty awesome. I'd have so much fun playing Ike and his mercenaries in an FEW game.

15 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

So the link stopped working for me because my comp is stupid, and there's the chance it won't work for others with a similar issue, so do you mind copy-pasting the main stupidity to here for those individuals(and me)?

the following is the exact same link

https://mynintendonews.com/2017/10/01/dont-expect-ike-or-roy-for-fire-emblem-warriors-1-dlc/

these are other sites

http://n4g.com/news/2106926/nintendo-dream-ike-and-roy-wont-be-fire-emblem-warriors-dlc

https://www.gonintendo.com/stories/291756-ike-roy-not-likely-for-fire-emblem-warriors-dlc

https://nintendosoup.com/roy-ike-not-likely-appear-fire-emblem-warriors/

5 minutes ago, Sire said:

This is not surprising.

Honestly, the entire deal just goes back to horrible PR and poor direction with Fire Emblem Warriors. While I can go and list everything for the "x" time, the main issue here (in this topic) is the inclusion of Lyn and Celica. While I love the two characters, they should have stuck with the three focus games and leave other titles for the sequel or DLC. Having them in the base title opens the floodgates of "why isn't (x) character in Warriors, Lyn and Celica made it in!" Since Nintendo is confirmed to have "forced" Lyn and Celica in, you can blame them for that.

In terms of leaving Ike and Roy out though, it does leave them the possibility of getting the spotlight in the theoretical sequel. Imagine Tellius being one of the focus storylines with Ike and the Mercenaries. Yes, it does suck that they are not in this title, but I feel like expectations have been through the roof with FE:Warriors. If one can ignore the roster choices and poor PR, the game itself is excellent in my opinion. (A part of me would have liked more unique movesets, but whatever.)

I still plan on picking up the game and enjoying it while hoping the DLC solves many of the issues I have with the title. If they flesh out the Weapon Triangle some more and add more unique movesets (Lance Cavaliers, Lance Infantry, Armored Knights), then some of my problems will be solved.

Also, for the sake of reference or for re-reading, here is the interview from Nintendo Dream in July of 2017.

Interviews
Nintendo Dream - July 2017 (Nintendo Everything)

I for one am more mad about the emphasis on just three games more than Lyn and Celica being in.  I'm glad that they got in to get at least one character from the GBA-Tellius era.

Edited by Rezzy

1 hour ago, Vestige said:

1. Too many sword lords

I think what the devs really meant is that they already included too many sword users in their game, as in they were already set to focus only on three FE games for one game. If we get a sequel well get characters from other FE games.

Edited by wissenschaft