Fire emblem Geneology of the Holy war is not to my liking

NintendMaster

12 minutes ago, NintendMaster said:

To the people that think Geneology is the best FE game to date, it really isn't, it's shit:wacko:

May I ask why you feel that way? I don't think its the anywhere close to the best but It's definitely not that bad in my opinion. There are way worse Fe games as far as I'm concerned

tbf it can still be shit without being the worst in the series

(I more or less agree with Ike's conclusions in his LP - aimed big, sporadically succeeded, mostly failed, appallingly written and designed in places, decent enough end result.)

23 minutes ago, NintendMaster said:

To the people that think Geneology is the best FE game to date, it really isn't, it's shit:wacko:

@JimmyBeans, Maps were shit af. The gameplay was pretty slow, the ost didn't fit most parts, and characters were ok,  etc.

only thing good about it was its story and strategy

7bf.jpg

11 minutes ago, NintendMaster said:

The gameplay was pretty slow

Favorite FE: Radiant Dawn

??

But really, you could have made a topic to discuss Genealogy's flaws in a less inflamatory way and bringing actual discussion. What's the point of this topic as it is, other than pissing people off?

Edited by Nobody

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

What's the point of this topic as it is, other than pissing people off?

nothing

i feel like this was kinda obvious, i was hoping people would follow my great example

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Favorite FE: Radiant Dawn

??

2 minutes ago, unique said:

nothing

i feel like this was kinda obvious, i was hoping people would follow my great example

But really, you could have made a topic to discuss Genealogy's flaws in a less inflamatory way and bringing actual discussion. What's the point of this topic as it is, other than pissing people off?

Just an opinion m8, and I explained why, people that get pissed off by it is on them :/

Genealogy is really ambitious, but it's writing is not as uniformly good like some people claim- It has it's share of Radiant Dawn level "blood pacts". Chapter 2 and Chapter 9

I would still say it's still one of the best writing wise, since it at least aspires to be something most of the time. 

As far as GAMEPLAY goes it's absolutely abysmal. I don't think saying that it's the worst FE is bad enough, I would say that third string SRPGs like Onimusha Tactics and Vandal Hearts 2 manage to have better gameplay than it.  Granted, the first 5 FE games are all problematic (FE1: too easy, no calcs, FE2: map design, encourage grinding, terrain, summons, etc, etc FE3: Too easy, enemy phase just as slow as FE4 despite less units FE4: ridiculous huge maps, low difficulty, tedious: FE5: enemy shenanigans, midgame uses ballista/siege tomes more than enemy quality, accurate dark magic status effects. ) However Genealogy is honestly the worst of all 5 of them in my opinion, for many reasons, most of which having to do with player units being comically tanky, offense being easy to get, and a design philosophy that in any other game, would be the equivalent of giving the player not just 1 seth/frederick, but 5 of them per generation. Honestly the problem with Genalogy is that it becomes obvious once you've reached the turning point of a map being clearable and a deathless outcome is inevitable, you still have to wait a huge amount of time for the game to "resolve" all the actions (player and enemy). It's pretty much "doing the motions:the game".

I think the bad gameplay is especially a problem because the different pairings encourage replay value which the gameflow itself REALLY doesn't encourage due to how. That and giving the replacement children the same dialogue as the main ones>< 

1 minute ago, Reality said:

Genealogy is really ambitious, but it's writing is not as uniformly good like some people claim- It has it's share of Radiant Dawn level "blood pacts". Chapter 2 and Chapter 9

I would still say it's still one of the best writing wise, since it at least aspires to be something most of the time. 

As far as GAMEPLAY goes it's absolutely abysmal. I don't think saying that it's the worst FE is bad enough, I would say that third string SRPGs like Onimusha Tactics and Vandal Hearts 2 manage to have better gameplay than it.  Granted, the first 5 FE games are all problematic (FE1: too easy, no calcs, FE2: map design, encourage grinding, terrain, summons, etc, etc FE3: Too easy, enemy phase just as slow as FE4 despite less units FE4: ridiculous huge maps, low difficulty, tedious: FE5: enemy shenanigans, midgame uses ballista/siege tomes more than enemy quality, accurate dark magic status effects. ) However Genealogy is honestly the worst of all 5 of them in my opinion, for many reasons, most of which having to do with player units being comically tanky, offense being easy to get, and a design philosophy that in any other game, would be the equivalent of giving the player not just 1 seth/frederick, but 5 of them per generation. Honestly the problem with Genalogy is that it becomes obvious once you've reached the turning point of a map being clearable and a deathless outcome is inevitable, you still have to wait a huge amount of time for the game to "resolve" all the actions (player and enemy). It's pretty much "doing the motions:the game".

I think the bad gameplay is especially a problem because the different pairings encourage replay value which the gameflow itself REALLY doesn't encourage due to how. That and giving the replacement children the same dialogue as the main ones>< 

I agree with this 100%, the game is over praised and is said to be "perfect", but it really isn't, The overly big maps put me to sleep too, especially when you have to watch 40 enemies move

If you're going to shitpost, at least make it long enough to be copypasta material.

29 minutes ago, NintendMaster said:

Just an opinion m8, and I explained why, people that get pissed off by it is on them :/

The reason why you're getting a visit from me is because you managed to break the rules regarding topic titles.

'sides, you have a right to your opinion, but you really should think long and hard about how you express said opinion, since SF also has the right to stop discussion about said opinion.

• eclipse changed the title to Fire emblem Geneology of the Holy war is not to my liking
  • eclipse locked this topic