• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

how?

just...how?

how could someone dislike oliver?

he's the superior being, his beauty cannot be described with words

just joking, btw

Ironically, you just perfectly showed why I hate the Oliver memes; the whole joke is "a physically unattractive character thinks they're attractive! isn't that hi-larious?!" with absolutely nothing else or even really a punchline. It's just bad comedy.

I don't pay any attention to these things. Outside of SF, I sidestep the FE community, and fan communities in general. Memes aren't good, let the jokes happen, but don't run them into the ground to the point where they aren't in the least funny anymore.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

That is hilarious, I woulda loved to see that on TV lmao.

I found my first FE meme, and I love it.

I'M GONNA GO POISON SOME MUTTON NOW. 

Feel like people who hate it probably take themselves too seriously.

THO TO BE FAIR. It wouldn't help FE's introduction to the west. BUT TO BE FAIR AGAIN, all commercials looked like that back in the day.

Edited by ore no stando da

Favorite: Disgusting. I lost my mind when I read that the day Ephraim joined heroes.

Least Favorite: Thotja, Thotmilla. I love both Tharja and Camilla, and it has nothing to do with their "raunchy" character designs. Both have personalities that I feel compliment the cast of their respective games well and there is more than one reason for these character's popularity. The thot meme just turns them into something that they aren't, which is too simplistic for my taste. Really, if "bustiness" alone was all it took for a character to be popular, Orochi and Kagero would've been up there with Tharja in CYL. They weren't. 

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't pay any attention to these things. Outside of SF, I sidestep the FE community, and fan communities in general. Memes aren't good, let the jokes happen, but don't run them into the ground to the point where they aren't in the least funny anymore.

My stance exactly. Sheer referencing and repetition isn't funny.

15 hours ago, NoNameAtAll said:

The fact no one listed how DOGA (I go with Draug but w/e) WILL CHOKE THIS POINT is pretty damning to me.

I don't have a least favorite except for Gheb, Batta, etc. Those were all just dumb.

3-13 Archer, DA MARTY PARTY and DOGA CHOKING THIS POINT are top kek to me though.

Oops, forgot about that. Doga is best Armor Knight. Lukas is a bit too slow, Bors is a knockoff, Oswin comes close, Gilliam not sure, I can't find Kellam, and Effie focuses too much on Strength.

A while ago, I was playing Chapter 7 of FE12 on Hard, and Doga as a Paladin took on a ton of Cavaliers and Armors, and a Fire Dragon too. The only backup he had was Wrys healing him.

Doga will choke this point indeed. Planning to roll him in Heroes.

Edited by Purple Mage

14 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Ironically, you just perfectly showed why I hate the Oliver memes; the whole joke is "a physically unattractive character thinks they're attractive! isn't that hi-larious?!" with absolutely nothing else or even really a punchline. It's just bad comedy.

I think another reason why Oliver in general is popular, other than his humorous (to some people) character, is that "Power Hungry Fool" was a really cool piece of music. That, combined with the fact that he is the final boss of that story arc, and that he is a zero-effort boss after a marathon level, have made him really popular as joke material, seeing as how the game hypes him up so much, and then he goes down so easily.

As for favorite memes: "Disgusting," various characters burning (or, really, any jokes about serious moments in FE games), and "We need disguises. Perfect!" (does "I'M A GREEN UNIT" count as a meme? If so, then that, too)

Least favorite: while I don't like Tharja's/Camilla's character/design, I despise the idiotic thot thing. This is mostly because I think thot in general is a stupid meme and a stupid word. Most of the other memes I'm neutral towards.

2 hours ago, Purple Mage said:

Oops, forgot about that. Doga is best Armor Knight. Lukas is a bit too slow, Bors is a knockoff, Oswin comes close, Gilliam not sure, I can't find Kellam, and Effie focuses too much on Strength.

come on, dude

we all know the best armor knight is GATRIE

60% speed growth rate in radiant dawn

60 DAMN PERCENT

On 04/10/2017 at 2:52 AM, Jedi said:

Gheb needs to die in a massive fire. 

This, including Gheb Emblem.

btw, favorite is the video of Tom & Jerry with Sigurd, Alvis and Deirdre's faces where Tom gets a massive burn from Jerry. Can't find the video anymore though.

3 hours ago, Yexin said:

come on, dude

we all know the best armor knight is GATRIE

60% speed growth rate in radiant dawn

60 DAMN PERCENT

Doga is the OG champ however. :p

31 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Doga is the OG champ however. :p

well, yeah, i guess though i actually never used him

also, another meme i love is "YOU DASTARD!"

Favorite: A three-way tie between Hectorcopter, "What happened to Dorcas?", and "Disgusting."

Least favorite: Thotmila and anything to do with Arthur or Faye. 

God really I love so many how can I even pick

some oldies but goldies tho

"Doga will CHOKE THIS POINT" (and Doga in general)

Sigurd + Fire jokes

SIGURD'S PANTS

Sirrius is Tuxedo Mask

Pregnant Ninian (i created that one and still see it reposted sometimes all these years later, bahaha)

any and all Dorcas memes, but I'm fond of this stupid family man one I made YEARS ago

"Thany is the cutest little shota EVER"

"Ayra could fuck a broomstick and still have amazing kids"

FIIIYAAAH EMMMBUREEEEM opera

Hectorcopter

GENERALS ARE MECHA (I miss those custom sprites :( )

calling the Black Knight the BURGER KING

Marty Party

BANETOU (and by extension Wrys who is basically his successor in this kind of meme)

Making fun of NoA naming Sety "Ced" because seriously why

"I fight for my friends"

ZIGLUDO

YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND UP TO BATTA THE BEAST?

Denning posting

Knollroll

Gerik's beard so pointy it can shatter glass

god Im sure theres more but these are all off the top of my head (some are really obscure or just FESS-centric, lol). I don't really have any least favorites atm, I've been out of the loop too long to be exposed to bad memes :P

Edited by CappnRob

2 hours ago, CappnRob said:

Making fun of NoA naming Sety "Ced" because seriously why

yeah, "Ced" sucks

btw, though it looks like almost everyone dislikes "thot" memes, i sort of like them

not for what they mean, i don't really care when people insult fictional characters (unless they're called ike, levin or soren), those memes just make me laugh

"Alm, drink this ?️otion and become a thot slayer!"

oh, yeah, i love "Assnerd" too

Edited by Yexin

7 hours ago, CappnRob said:

FIIIYAAAH EMMMBUREEEEM opera

I love this meme because it goes with literally everything Fire Emblem related, as Master Enex has kindly demonstrated

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I love this meme because it goes with literally everything Fire Emblem related, as Master Enex has kindly demonstrated

Reveal hidden contents

Oh god how could I forget?  MasterEnex is our lord and saviour.

I'm also fond of the 'Disgusting' meme, SpotifyreEmblem, TinderEmblem and 'Shut up, Tobin'.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

[Faia Emburem Meme videos]

Oh wow... that is now one of my favorites, thank you. Also, thank you for showing me to Master Enex... this is just full of win. (some spoilers in it, for anyone that wants to be careful).

I love Wrys. His introduction in the FE12 prologue never fails to make me chuckle. As you can see in my signature, I went to great lengths to ensure he'd be my best unit once. Fun fact: I didn't know the growth drop existed back then. I had to bend the RNG around a lot in order to get him to that point.

I don't think I have a least favourite meme, for the simple reason that I just don't really mind FE memes at all. I know a few, but for the most part, the only one I really do remember and enjoy is Wrys' character.

I'm having trouble picking my favorite meme so I'll just list my most hated ones:

Anything with "Thot" (so glad I'm not the only one who hates it.)

People referring to the 3ds games as "Waifu Emblem"

"Make Fire Emblem great again!" (It screams "omg guys look at how edgy I am making a Trump meme reference!")

Clermit (it was never funny.)

The pregnant Reinhardt copypasta that has been plaguing Tumblr. It ties with Thot as my most despised FE meme.