Favorite + Least Favorite FE meme?

Alistair

11 hours ago, CallieCat said:

The pregnant Reinhardt copypasta that has been plaguing Tumblr.

I was gonna say "what the fuck" but then i saw that it came from Tumblr and honestly, i'm not even surprised. Tumblr is always coming up with stupid shit like this.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already given my feedback on this topic but I have another favorite I forgot to mention earlier: FE3 Gazzak.

latest?cb=20100620045839

It's just such a meme face.

I am not fond of memes in general, so no favourites for me.

As for my least favourite: Blame Takumi. Entirely unfunny from the start and only designed to bash a character. It's brought up in the laziest contexts even. "Azura isn't in Warriors' base game." "Blame Takumi". How is that relevant or even funny? Another one I don't like is calling Takumi "Taco" or something similar. It's like "Teehee, this foreign name sounds like something else in another language. Aren't I clever?" Making fun of foreign names feels skeevy in general to me, considering how often it leads to bullying in school.

2 hours ago, Nanima said:

I am not fond of memes in general, so no favourites for me.

As for my least favourite: Blame Takumi. Entirely unfunny from the start and only designed to bash a character. It's brought up in the laziest contexts even. "Azura isn't in Warriors' base game." "Blame Takumi". How is that relevant or even funny? Another one I don't like is calling Takumi "Taco" or something similar. It's like "Teehee, this foreign name sounds like something else in another language. Aren't I clever?" Making fun of foreign names feels skeevy in general to me, considering how often it leads to bullying in school.

Just as an aside, some of my students are named Takumi, which always brings a smile to my face. I've also had a few Ryoma's and variations of Sakura. I wonder if other kids ever bring up their Fire Emblem namesakes.

Favourite: Disgusting I may have inadvertently slipped that word into my normal vocabulary now.
Also the Draug evolution memes that have sprung up, they are amazing 

Edited by Mackc2

I have a irrational hatred of Kellam jokes. For some reason it bothers me a lot when people pretend they don't remember him or that he doesn't exist.

Inb4 some loser quotes this post and says "who?"

Edited by Nobody

Forgive me for not being familiar with memes, but I stumbled upon something which may have memetic potential:

Nailah: You have too many opinions. I’m done talking.

Full RD Spoilers context:

Spoiler

Nailah vs Sephiran

Nailah: Who would’ve guessed that a madman on the other side of the desert would somehow threaten Hatari?
Sephiran: Hatari. I’m sorry I didn’t get a chance to see it. The wolf tribe has survived all this time in the far corner of the world. Only the goddess could have known that.
Nailah: Perhaps even she didn’t know it. Your goddess isn’t perfect, you know. Does an imperfect goddess have the right to judge imperfect beings?
Sephiran: I see your point. Does the creator retain the right to destroy her creations when they are no longer what she envisioned? I imagine we could discuss this sometime… if only we had more time. I believe you alone might be able to sway my opinion on this, Lady Nailah, Queen of Wolves.
Nailah: You have too many opinions. I’m done talking.

I think I found a potential Sanaki meme as well, if it hasn't been done already:

Sanaki: I’ve decided that leaving one’s empress to die is punishable by drowning in a pool of rancid butter.

Thot memes are funny, they, like any other meme or joke need to be executed right. I have not seen a good Fire Emblem thot meme yet.

Favorites: BBQ, Arden, the Chromspiracy memes, Freshly Squeezed Bench Juice, and the FE-Spongebob youtube edits.

Worst: Devdan is not Danved, Gheb.

Favorite are the memes about the common characters in Heroes

My least favorite are the memes that are mean spirited and condescending to 3DS fans (like Waifu Emblem or Saved the Series), are rude to the developers (like Too Many Swords) or to characters (like thout)

Favorites: "What happened to Dorcas?" (When I first heard "MUTTON! FRESH MUTTON!" in Tales of Xillia it immediately reminded me of this), "Shut up, Tobin!", Roy's our Boy, We like Ike, OVA quotes such as "What black magic is this? Only Khadein wields such power.", and Walhart and Ryoma being compared to lobsters. I would also count MageKnight404 and co.'s reactions to characters with low magic growth getting magic, especially in FE4 e.g. " *big gasp* HE GOT MAGIC!!".

But my most favorite in recent years is "Respect the ration ball" from Cipher Legends II DLC in SoV.  It's just such a random thing to say, it's hilarious to me. I liked it enough to put it in my sig. I feel like I'm the only one that likes this meme, though I imagine plenty of players got the Cipher Legends II DLC. But I suppose an unpopular meme is better than one that's been drove into the ground.

Least favorite: Suggestive memes such as thot, incest (including "disgusting", but I don't mind that one too much), etc; condescending memes, especially recent ones towards Warriors. The way I see it, there was gonna be "too many swords" no matter what the devs did. But I digress.

Faves: Disgusting, FE Lords looking at a computer, Babyrealms

Least faves: Cowmilla/Crowmilla/Thotmilla/really anything shaming Camilla, for reasons stated earlier in this thread. Also, this is another pet peeve of mine:

On 10/22/2017 at 5:47 AM, Nanima said:

calling Takumi "Taco" or something similar. It's like "Teehee, this foreign name sounds like something else in another language. Aren't I clever?" Making fun of foreign names feels skeevy in general to me, considering how often it leads to bullying in school.

Favs
Joshua's nice hat, Disgusting, I fight for my friends, Using Koopa Kid Roy in place of normal Roy, Pantsless Marth, Sigurd and fire jokes, FE:Fates sibling nicknames, FE GBA games crit animations, Burger King

Least Faves
Thot memes.