Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Voting" refers to the act of expressing your choice and has nothing to do with how those votes are scored. Wiki has an article with a good smattering of voting systems used in real-life elections, referendums, etc.

The majority of those systems define victory as having the most votes, either directly or indirectly.   Voting gauntlet is a terrible name for this....not really sure what to call this now.  Maybe "Voting, unless you're beating the other team too badly, then you may lose because reasons gauntlet."  Doesn't roll off the tongue, but more accurate.

Edited by kcirrot

17 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

The majority of those systems define victory as having the most votes, either directly or indirectly.   Voting gauntlet is a terrible name for this....not really sure what to call this now.  Maybe "Voting, unless you're beating the other team too badly, then you may lose because reasons gauntlet."  Doesn't roll off the tongue, but more accurate.

The Voting Gauntlet, though, counts "points" as votes and not "people".

Victory is not determined by counting a number of people. It's determined by counting a number of votes.

Edited by Ice Dragon

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Voting Gauntlet, though, counts "points" as votes and not "people".

Victory is not determined by counting a number of people. It's determined by counting a number of votes.

Good point.  How about "Voting, defined as points which may or may not have anything to do with the effort you and your team put in, gauntlet."  I have to admit, that does sound better and more accurate. 

49 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Good point.  How about "Voting, defined as points which may or may not have anything to do with the effort you and your team put in, gauntlet."  I have to admit, that does sound better and more accurate. 

It's not like the original voting gauntlets had anything to do with effort either.

You're just sounding bitter and salty.

25 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's not like the original voting gauntlets had anything to do with effort either.

But saltiness, for better or worse, has also always been a part of the Voting Gauntlet experience as well to the point that the below may as well be the motto for the Voting Gauntlet as a whole even before the multiplier came into the picture: 

"Hmph. Pass the salt."

You'll get meaningless brownie points with me if you got the reference.

19 hours ago, Rezzy said:

We just need Columbus Day Tiki and Thanksgiving Corrin.

So Tiki crosses the sea between Archanea and Valentia, sneezes and unknowingly wipes out the native population? That explains what happened to Alm's One Kingdom.

As for Corrin, I'm sure we could dress up their dragon form like a turkey. Wonder how Silent-ish Dragon Qilin tastes?

3 hours ago, kcirrot said:

How about we rename it then? What do you suggest? Civil Wars? FE-mily Feuds? Whip-your-foes-until-their-backs-are-caked-with-blood Gauntlets? Character Cockfights? Popularity Pugilism? Dateable Dudes and Dudedettes Duels? 

43 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Tiki crosses the sea between Archanea and Valentia, sneezes and unknowingly wipes out the native population? That explains what happened to Alm's One Kingdom.

As for Corrin, I'm sure we could dress up their dragon form like a turkey. Wonder how Silent-ish Dragon Qilin tastes?

How about we rename it then? What do you suggest? Civil Wars? FE-mily Feuds? Whip-your-foes-until-their-backs-are-caked-with-blood Gauntlets? Character Cockfights? Popularity Pugilism? Dateable Dudes and Dudedettes Duels? 

Blue Shell Gauntlet: Fail Your Way to Victory

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Blue Shell Gauntlet: Fail Your Way to Victory

Please, the Blue Spiny Shell is the Multiplier of Mario Kart.

But at least you can use one of those rare Super Horns, some item you would have no chance of getting in 1st, or a well timed speed boost to dodge the hit.

Actually, that might not be a bad idea. WARNING: INCOMING MULTIPLIER FOR X IN Y HOURS Z MINUTES AND AA SECONDS! IF BB ACHIEVES CC POINTS BY DD TIME, MULTIPLIER WILL BE CANCELED. It'd encourage the leading team to press themselves really hard.

5 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Who's bitter sounding? 

(I admit to salt)

But I really don't think Voting Gauntlet fits.  It's more like a Mario Party game now.  Maybe something abstract like Smash Gauntlet! 

21 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

It looks like most of the people on my Friend List are going with Ninian... but @Arcanite and @Anime27Arts have convinced me to side with the kind and accepting Nowi. I may join NInian if Nowi loses, though.

ABSOLUTELY YES

WHO DO YOU THINK I AM!!??!?!?!?

So, if it's a Dragon Gauntlet, why was the hint "those that draw the blood of dragons"?  It makes it sound like a dragon slayer Gauntlet and not the dragons themselves, unless they are going to release Emo-phase Tiki who Falchioned her own wrists.

19 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

So, if it's a Dragon Gauntlet, why was the hint "those that draw the blood of dragons"?

Most probably a mistranslation. We only got the hint in Japanese, after all.

5 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm especially glad I S ranked Marth, he should do a fantastic job of punishing those on the opposing team trying to get bonus points.

…those who still haven’t figured out that setting the one you support as your leader does not get you bonus points.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

…those who still haven’t figured out that setting the one you support as your leader does not get you bonus points.

Did that change?

I remember getting 10% more for using Minerva in the gauntlet way back? I could just be an ignorant casual though, I haven't studied the game like a book.

8 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Did that change?

I remember getting 10% more for using Minerva in the gauntlet way back? I could just be an ignorant casual though, I haven't studied the game like a book.

When you use it, you get bonus points.

When someone else gives it to you, you do not.

If both are in effect, you have two units of the same kind, and Murphy's Law states that the opponent shall have an advantage against your team's mascot.

And may the gods have mercy on your soul if all three of your units are the mascot.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

When you use it, you get bonus points.

When someone else gives it to you, you do not.

If both are in effect, you have two units of the same kind, and Murphy's Law states that the opponent shall have an advantage against your team's mascot.

And may the gods have mercy on your soul if all three of your units are the mascot.

Thank you for explaining that in greater detail.

My point still stands then - having a good Marth primed is going to be beneficial to my runs, as I'm sure I'll see plenty of 'ketes.

I major Flaw with Voting Gauntlets is: 30 min battle breaks inbetween matches. I would rather have them let you accumulate 5 battles per day you can do instantly all in a row whenever you want or split them up, People have a Work/Life schedule. Also lost matches should deduct points...

IMHO with the current Voting Gauntlet System present i'd rather have them remove this feature totally and focus more on GHB.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I major Flaw with Voting Gauntlets is: 30 min battle breaks inbetween matches. I would rather have them let you accumulate 5 battles per day you can do instantly all in a row whenever you want or split them up, People have a Work/Life schedule. Also lost matches should deduct points...

IMHO with the current Voting Gauntlet System present i'd rather have them remove this feature totally and focus more on GHB.

Only after they fix the RNG Murphy's Law bug, and not an instant sooner.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:01 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

there's my friend code for all supporting Ninian. 

Trent is it? My fellow dancing dragon supporter?

Request sent.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:27 PM, EricaofRenais said:

I guess I should put my ID again for those on team Ninian who aren't on my friends list already.  the user name is Rain ID is 6148672165 I am running Innes for now but I can trade out to Nephenee or B! Ike if needed.

here  too. It''s Kiran with some details.

Edited by Tenzen12

3 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Trent is it? My fellow dancing dragon supporter?

Request sent.

here  too. It''s Kiran with some details.

Request excepted.