214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Does that means you accepted every request but mine? How mean!  T_T

Yes that is what I get for just waking up and using auto correct.

28 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I often fall for his traps myself... 

11-ch5outro6.png

I’m a terrible, terrible person. Sorry not sorry.

My phone doesn’t even offer to autocorrect my English. It may think I’m hopeless.

56 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You could have done better. Namely the fancy chapter opening with the unexplained symbol in the background in SS, with the chapter title listed being that of C8: It's A Trap!

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

So, if it's a Dragon Gauntlet, why was the hint "those that draw the blood of dragons"?  It makes it sound like a dragon slayer Gauntlet and not the dragons themselves, unless they are going to release Emo-phase Tiki who Falchioned her own wrists.

Hush! The less talk of the Angst Banner the better!

12 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

And may the gods have mercy on your soul if all three of your units are the mascot.

They should give you a boost if that happens. How about the Lucky Sevens? For all three: +7 HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res/Weapon Might and... something else not Move, maybe guaranteed Specials all the time. Compensate for the lack of variety with sheer power! Or a bigger point bonus.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

11-ch5outro6.png

My phone doesn’t even offer to autocorrect my English. It may think I’m hopeless.

That was a terrible trap, thinking you were going to get to open up a Tome, but there you are in bed, summoning him, and he pulls out his Staff.

Team Big Tiki, gonna be leading with an Atk+ Julia. Not sure who I'll bounce to after she's out but I have everyone other than Ninian, so I'm open to recruitment.

So Ninian is going to be the overwhelming favorite here, right? Most people generally like her and she has been in a lot of banners lately.

The only unit I don't have is Young Tiki so I have a lot of options for this gauntlet. I will probably go with an underdog who has actually has a decent shot of scoring an upset in round 1.

I would have totally used the block A banner to finally get Young Tiki, but Male Corrin is also in the banner and I have had terrible luck with two units of the same color lately. 4 Oscars - zero Nephenees. 3 Inigos - 1 Axezura. I have also gotten 3 off-banner Male Corrins so I really don't want any more.

On 10/5/2017 at 4:16 AM, Vaximillian said:

It says, and I quote, “Adjustments were made to how the game calculates which armies are stronger and weaker”.

Oh no, this could be really bad. If they lowered it to a 5% difference in score, the winners will be even more of a coin flip now.

If they raised it, the multiplier would have a significantly smaller affect on the outcome.

If they made the scores update more frequently, like every 30 mins, that could be really interesting. But it would screw over the larger teams in the end by making it almost impossible for the underdog to overshoot and give the larger team a multiplier.

So is anyone placing bets on what is going to happen to Tiki in the first round? Her vote is going to be split in two, which sounds like a recipe for doom unless the multiplier kicks in. It'd be funny (and unlikely) if the final round ended up being a Tiki Tiki party by sin virtue of the multiplier. 

Why did we need two Tikis? It feels desperate that they had to do that. Soren could have occupied the last slot, or even a Fates royal. 

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So is anyone placing bets on what is going to happen to Tiki in the first round? Her vote is going to be split in two, which sounds like a recipe for doom unless the multiplier kicks in. It'd be funny (and unlikely) if the final round ended up being a Tiki Tiki party by sin virtue of the multiplier. 

Why did we need two Tikis? It feels desperate that they had to do that. Soren could have occupied the last slot, or even a Fates royal. 

I suppose they just wanted everyone that changed into a dragon there... but I do agree. Soren would have been a much better choice, imo. I'd prefer not to have a Fates royal again, but I would've preferred that to two Tikis. Oh well. I wouldn't mind if she won it... though I'd hate the final round to be two Tikis. That'd be dull as heck. 

I will be very surprised if he beats young Tiki. Male Corrin, for the most part, seems to be far less liked than his female counterpart (the degree to which I find ridiculous, they are the same character and they make the same stupid decisions) and isn't Corrin overall a rather divisive character? Then again ... Tiki getting her votes split might also lower her number of supporters, and I'm never really sure how many people actually like Fates outside of SF.

As a unit, however, I do really like male Corrin. He carried in the first tempest as a third- or fourth-string emergency Veronica killer.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was just thinking that.  Soren should have been in here.  Two Tikis and two Corrins seems like they were stretching to fill spots.  Even Robin could have been put in for variety.  I'd go against doing another Fates Royal, since it would be hard to put one above the other 7, and they've already been over represented.

If Soren was in, I'd be on his team in a heartbeat.  I'm not super invested in this Gauntlet, but I know there's tons of Manakete fans out there, so I hope you guys have fun.

@DarkLordIvy You could have used your Soren with SI everything.

Even if Soren was in this gauntlet, I'd have to pick Fae and Ninian over him -- for actually existing on my files. Depending on my mood, I might pick m!Corrin over him because m!Corrin actually exists for me, but I do feel that they should've just gone with Soren instead of two Tikis. I'm not even sure we needed two Corrins, in all honesty, but based on what I've seen on their reception, I think there's a bit less of a vote split affecting them as badly. Besides, based on the amount of spoilers that are casually thrown around in Heroes, Soren being of dragon blood is really not a high priority in the spoiler-related worries.

yeah i do not understand the split popularity of the Corrins (and with Robin too, with M!Robin being more popular). still he's Fates, and like you said with the split vote between Adult Tiki and Young Tiki which is quite awkward, i honestly can't tell what's gonna go down there. which is nice, i guess. but yeah i really like M!Corrin as a unit too, really underrated in my opinion. or just drowned out by the millions of other sword users. /8

11 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

well i think my fate has already been decided..

Screenshot_20171007-231113.thumb.png.de1c781af3fec945ce91a4ccf67268ed.png

funny cause i don't rly like M!Corrin i just like his stats. anyway after he loses i'll go Y!Tiki or Nowi i think...wonder if he'll actually beat Y!Tiki tho

I WANT THIS.

Well, mine will be a bit different, since I want to do idiotic things with Yato.  But the general idea will be the same~!

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I WANT THIS.

Well, mine will be a bit different, since I want to do idiotic things with Yato.  But the general idea will be the same~!

good good i'm glad someone else wants to deck out their Corrin, i really like him as a unit but i never hear of anyone else using him. idiotic things with Yato..like Darting Blow or Swift Sparrow maybe? that's just what i thought of to synergize with Yato but i'm curious about your plans.

15 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

yeah i do not understand the split popularity of the Corrins (and with Robin too, with M!Robin being more popular). still he's Fates, and like you said with the split vote between Adult Tiki and Young Tiki which is quite awkward, i honestly can't tell what's gonna go down there. which is nice, i guess. but yeah i really like M!Corrin as a unit too, really underrated in my opinion. or just drowned out by the millions of other sword users. /8

To be fair on the Robins, while m!Robin does seem to be more popular, didn't both of them place in the top 10 and not that far from one another? Female Corrin was in the top ten while male Corrin was ... I don't know, not even in the top 20, and I find that more egregious because there's such a larger gap between them. As a unit, the only thing that could make my m!Corrin better is probably being +spd instead of +atk, but +atk is still great and I didn't even need to promote him.

Edited by Sunwoo

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I will be very surprised if he beats young Tiki. Male Corrin, for the most part, seems to be far less liked than his female counterpart (the degree to which I find ridiculous, they are the same character and they make the same stupid decisions) and isn't Corrin overall a rather divisive character? Then again ... Tiki getting her votes split might also lower her number of supporters, and I'm never really sure how many people actually like Fates outside of SF.

As a unit, however, I do really like male Corrin. He carried in the first tempest as a third- or fourth-string emergency Veronica killer.

I'm inclined to think Young Tiki might get more support than Adult, so she'll probably get to Round 2 from that direction.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair on the Robins, while m!Robin does seem to be more popular, didn't both of them place in the top 10 and not that far from one another? Female Corrin was in the top then while male Corrin was ... I don't know, not even in the top 20, and I find that more egregious because there's such a larger gap between them. As a unit, the only thing that could make my m!Corrin better is probably being +spd instead of +atk, but +atk is still great and I didn't even need to promote him.

Here's the results for those four, just for reference:

M!Robin: 14,149 (16th), F!Robin: 10,387 (24th)
F!Corrin: 19,599 (9th), M!Corrin: 7,691 (41st)

6 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

good good i'm glad someone else wants to deck out their Corrin, i really like him as a unit but i never hear of anyone else using him. idiotic things with Yato..like Darting Blow or Swift Sparrow maybe? that's just what i thought of to synergize with Yato but i'm curious about your plans.

I have a 4* +Spd one.  Swift Sparrow would be ideal.  But since I don't have that, the next-best thing is Death Blow. :P:

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Okay, that's definitely egregious, even if my numbers on the Robins were slightly off. A gap of <4,000 compared to nearly 12,000 is really not comparable. The difference between male and female Corrins' votes is about three times the difference between the Robins.

It's a shame that male Corrin is the obvious loser in this gauntlet while female Corrin gets a pass by virtue of being a girl.

13 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I was just thinking that.  Soren should have been in here.  Two Tikis and two Corrins seems like they were stretching to fill spots.  Even Robin could have been put in for variety.

I can't believe I forgot about Robin's Fell Blood. Getting a Grima variant (not hard to do: red evil eyes, malicious expression, discolored clothes) with Dark/Fell/Expiring Breath wouldn't be a bad idea. Of course, which sex gets used for that? And we don't need two Robin!Grimas.

They should've waited on doing this until Myrrh shows up next year or something, she'd be perfect for it. Though I'm not a Myrrh fan, since the Manaketes were shoehorned into SS and she's another "little sister" loli. This said, if they made her a flying Manakete, since she has usable wings in her humanoid form, then how will she work regarding buffs? Would she be able to grab both Fortify Dragons and Hone/Fortify Fliers? That'd make her very versatile, able to swap between two different teams and serve a unique role on both. She'd be a much wanted pull as long as her stats were servicable.

Myrrh, Nils, the remaining Manaketes, and the Dragon Laguz if DeNA ever wants to touch them, are probably going to be added very slowly. Since we have far fewer of them than we do Swords, Lances and the rest of the types barring Daggers.

Lewyn, by reason of his 2nd Gen self, would be great here too. Now what time this month will he (I so hope) enter the fray with Forseti? The weapon better be good! 

And if they want to do some form of festive Breath unit- how about Fae after competing in the annual Askr Garlic Eating Contest? Halitosis Breath anyone? Or perhaps Alpine/Snow Breath from Ninian in a Winter Wonderland Banner? Hyperglycemic Breath from Nowi in a Halloween Banner? Hungover Breath from Adult!Tiki after she celebrates her 3021 birthday with a bang she can't remember?

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I'm surprised F!Robin is so close to M!Robin. It's nice to see a girl dressed head to toe for once instead of being all fanservicey, but I'd though she'd do much worse. Perhaps it's the fact you can wed to her Chrom in Awakening and have a MC power couple? I like the pairing myself, but that support was awful.

32 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

To be fair on the Robins, while m!Robin does seem to be more popular, didn't both of them place in the top 10 and not that far from one another? Female Corrin was in the top ten while male Corrin was ... I don't know, not even in the top 20, and I find that more egregious because there's such a larger gap between them. As a unit, the only thing that could make my m!Corrin better is probably being +spd instead of +atk, but +atk is still great and I didn't even need to promote him.

i actually have no idea, i haven't looked at the polls but only learned of the popularity difference through hearsay :P though i have always felt that the differential between F!Corrin and M!Corrin is much greater than that between F!Robin and M!Robin, so i wouldn't doubt what you say is true (edit: and wow looking at what Tybrosion posted jesus crust that is an incredible differential between Robin and Corrin). yeah i think +spd is better than +atk for him, heck, mine is actually -atk/+res which people would probably think is the worst nature, but that's how i like it and it works lol. i think there's been a kind of inflation of speed these days and it's becoming a more crucial stat than attack in general. yeah i remember mine being good at 4* too (with minus frikkin attack) which is why i actually decided to promote him 8)

26 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I have a 4* +Spd one.  Swift Sparrow would be ideal.  But since I don't have that, the next-best thing is Death Blow. :P:

ooh +spd is good. well at least with Death Blow you basically have a built in Swift Sparrow but with 2 more attack B) sounds like a plan. i'd like to do that but i just love accentuating his dual tankiness with Fury.

Edited by wizzard of soz

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

@DarkLordIvy You could have used your Soren with SI everything.

I would have had such a good time, and there would have been a greater chance for him to not have to share a banner with other greens! ;v;

One day I will get to unleash him for his own team. One day....

Until then though I’ll just have to be content with forcing other people to use my Soren whenever I’m not on a green unit team.

In all honesty I’m still not sure how good of an idea having Soren in this gauntlet would have been simply because his dragon blood is so deeply buried in his own games. I know Heroes doesn’t care all that much about spoilers, but I think that might have been a bit overboard even for this. I’m really hoping we get a mage gauntlet round two for Soren to pop up in. Oo! Or a strategist gauntlet once a few more characters from that archetype get added.