Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Lightning Grandmaster said:

L6MeuCV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I bet you all can guess who I’m supporting for the Voting Gauntlet.

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Man I wish I had a spare Bike for Steady Breath fodder.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DefaultBeep @Arcanite   And Anyone else on Team Nowi who wants to add me (Friend Code 2667371554 with a Lead of Leo currently which might soon change)

My thoughts for for a good lead in this gauntlet would be to include my 40+2 Masked Lucina Healer build (Renewal + Breath of Life +Ardent Sacrifice) but I'm open to all suggestions. I'll include a list of my 40 5* units in the spoiler below to save room and include any particular SI they have.

Spoiler

Reds

• +Spd - Def Lyn; Desperation
  • +Atk - Res Ike; Reposition Vantage (Probably not good since dragons need that res)
  • +Hp - Def Lucina; Desperation
  • Masked!Marth+2 ; Renewal, Breath of Life, Ardent Sacrifice 
  • +Def - Hp M!Corrin; Reposition, Fury, Axe & G!Tome Breaker(can change depending on what's needed)
  • Xander; Draw Back, Bonfire, Vantage, Ward, Hone, & Fortify Cavalry(Can change to Spur Def since no Horse units will really be used)
  • +Hp -Atk Y!Tiki
  • +Res -Def Leo +1; R!Blade, Reposition, Draw Back, Glacies, Iceberg, Triangle Adept, Grani's Shield,Hone Cavalry, Threaten Res(Has a summoner support bonus)

Blue

• Sharena; Moonbow, Wings of Mercy
  • +Res -Def Oboro; Brave Lance +, Rally Attack, Astra, Quick Riposte 2,
  • +Hp, -Atk Cordelia; Swap, Draw Back
  • +Hp, - Def Ninian +1; Lightning Breath +, New Moon, Astra, Fortify Res3
  • +Spd, - Def Reinhardt; Draw Back, Moonbow, Attack+3, Quickened Pulse

Green

• +Spd, -Def Raven; Desperation
  • +Atk, -Hp Bunny!Chrom; Reposition, Shove, Moonbow, Bonfire, Poison Strike, Axebreaker, Hone Atk
  • +Atk, -Def Hector; Pivot, Bonfire, Vantage
  • +Def, -Hp Camilla; Draw Back, Poison Strike
  • +Spd, -Atk Merric
  • Assorted versions of +Def, -Spd, or -Atk Sorens who kill my Titania Pity rate and are only lvl 40 because I had a lack of greens at the time
  • F!Robin, Aka Reinhardt/Brave!Lynn Murderer

Colorless

*Note This does not include any healers because I haven't pulled a Genny For Wrathful Staff making most of them very pointless

• Clarisse; Draw Back, Moonbow, Bow Breaker
  • +Atk, -Spd Takumi; Draw Back, Bow Breaker
  • Neutral Brave Lynn; She didn't need inheritance for a normal team except Draw Back
  • +Res, -Def Summer!Frederick; Bonfire

I don't mind adding anyone in particular up front.  Does anyone know if Ally Support works with other people's units? If so, I can work up a support between whichever one you guys prefer up front and Nowi to give you guys a bit of an edge when using mine.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Female Chris (by Naga I refuse to use the K spelling) used a cavalier/peg knight portrait in the CYL poll, so I wouldn’t mind if she became a peg knight in Heroes.

I wouldn’t mind either or both of them being swords (I love swords and swordspeople) but variance is always good.

What's wrong with Kris?

I'll be joining Team Nowi and the units I'll use will depend on my quests. For greens, it'll be Nohrzura unless I get my Julia trained up by then. For reds, it's either Masked Marth or Black Knight. For Blues, it's a tie between M!Robin, S!Corrin, and Nowi. And for colorless, it's Brave!Lyn. If any one wants to add me, my FC is 6980436612

For Team Ninian peeps:

Current lead: +Def/-HP +3 Lyn (Reposition, Fury 3, Brash Assault 3, Threaten Defense 3, Atk Ploy 1

Alternate leads (if requested)

Spoiler

+2 Brave Lyn (Reposition, Atk +1)

+2 Bride Cordelia (Brave Bow+, Reposition, Luna, Atk +3, Desperation 3, Breath of Life 1)

+Atk/-Def +2 PA Azura (Aether, Wings of Mercy 3, Phantom Speed 1)

+Atk/-Def PA Olivia (Hone Spd 3, Iceberg)

+Atk/-Def PA Inigo (Gronnraven+, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, Bowbreaker 3)

+HP/-Def +2 Ryoma (Swap, Fury 3, Vantage 3)

+1 Masked Marth (Reciprocal Aid, Noontime, Fury 3, Renewal 3, Breath of Life 3)

+Atk/-Spd 5*+1 Reinhardt (Reposition, Moonbow, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3, Quickened Pulse) (the only blue I'm willing to list)

+Atk/-Res +1 Julia (Draw Back, Fury 3, Green Tomebreaker 3)

5* Alfonse (Brave Sword+, Reciprocal Aid, Draconic Aura, Drag Back, Spur Def 1)

5* Black Knight (Swap/Pivot, Steady Breath)

+Def/-Res Brave Roy (Swap)

+Atk/-HP 5* Eliwood (Swap, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3)

5* Xander (Swap, Ignis, Triangle Adept 3, Quick Riposte 3, Distant Defense 1)

+Def/-Spd Elincia (Reposition, Moonbow, Hit and Run)

+Def/-Atk Gray (Noontime, Spd +3, Green Tomebreaker 3)

+HP/-Spd Ike (Swap, Quick Riposte 2)

5* Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Aether, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3)

5* Anna (Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow, Darting Blow 3)

+HP/-Atk Brave Ike (Swap, Ignis, Quick Riposte 2)

+Atk/-Res Summer Tiki (Swap, Quick Riposte 2)

+Atk/-Def Hector (Swap/Pivot, Bonfire, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3, HP +3)

+Atk/-HP Amelia (Pivot, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Hardy Bearing 1)

+Atk/-Def 5* Cecilia (Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura)

+Atk/-Spd 4* Cherche (Brave Axe+, Reposition, Bonfire, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run)

Edited by Roflolxp54

2 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

My thoughts for for a good lead in this gauntlet would be to include my 40+2 Masked Lucina Healer build (Renewal + Breath of Life +Ardent Sacrifice) but I'm open to all suggestions. I'll include a list of my 40 5* units in the spoiler below to save room and include any particular SI they have.

I don't mind adding anyone in particular up front.  Does anyone know if Ally Support works with other people's units? If so, I can work up a support between whichever one you guys prefer up front and Nowi to give you guys a bit of an edge when using mine.

Masked Marth sounds fine, at least until we have a better idea of what units the other side will have. I'm not sure about Ally Support, but it seems worth it to try, if you're willing.

2 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I'll be joining Team Nowi and the units I'll use will depend on my quests. For greens, it'll be Nohrzura unless I get my Julia trained up by then. For reds, it's either Masked Marth or Black Knight. For Blues, it's a tie between M!Robin, S!Corrin, and Nowi. And for colorless, it's Brave!Lyn. If any one wants to add me, my FC is 6980436612

I just sent a request. Same name that I have here. Not sure if you're aware (it's a bit unclear from what you typed), but the unit that your friends get is your lead, not who you're using to battle/"vote". So you can set anyone as your lead to give to friends, and then use your other units to complete the color-dependent quests, or to get the bonus points from using Nowi. If you're okay with it, PA Azura seems like a good choice for a lead unit, since she's a green dancer.

may switch my lead to my own 5-star Clarisse once I get enough feathers to give her Life and Death 3 (which should happen no later than tomorrow when the Arena season ends). She already has Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, and Swordbreaker. But if anyone wants me to switch back to Julia or to someone else, just let me know.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I haven't finished SoV yet so I can't say anything specific about Celica. But part of me thinks that Celica and Eirika get criticism partly because both of them are overshadowed by a male lord who is either "more badass" or "more flawless" or something like that. Meanwhile, only one of male or female Corrin exists in a playthrough at a time, and female Corrin has the self-insert and customizable factor to make up for her personality shortcomings. Plus ... if Eirika and Celica were actually male lords with their personalities, do you think they'd be better liked or hated more than their female selves?

It's probably a combination of factors. Both the perfectionism of Eph/Alm and the cliched naïveté of Celica/Eirika. The problem I think is bigger with Celica than Eirika, since we've had more female protags by the time her SoV self showed up.

Lyn too is compassionate, but her irrelevancy post LM meant she never makes a mistake because she does nothing and therefore has nothing to screw up. Micaiah, I don't recall her going a particularly compassionate route, she loved Daein and wanted peace obviously, but I don't think she ever got shoved in the naïveté/pacifist corner outside of her Jarod sparing. And don't get me wrong, pacifism is fine to appreciate; I'd rather be labeled a dove (or heron to speak FE) than a hawk.

Micaiah more than anything got Julia'ed in the Tower. Ike played Seliph in the sense he shelters the weak Micaiah/Julia in the Tower, despite her being the source of power necessary to defeat the ultimate evil. It's seen as Ike's climb and Ike's development with Micaiah sidelined between him and a little birdie, much as Seliph gets all the focus in FE4. But at least Micaiah becomes Queen of Daein (and it's Sothe who gets relegated to the consort role) at the end of RD, and curiously, all 3 of the Beorc Kingdoms are Queendoms at that point! The Laguz kingdoms are all men, but Nailah exists and the Bird Laguz who go to Serenes are forced into Vegetarianism (possibly Veganism).

As for Celica and Eirika as men, if everything else about them was left as untouched, they'd be more disliked I admit. But look at Marth/Roy- they hate war, struggle internally over every decision they make, and trust everybody who comes to their cause, like the ladies, but these traits are seen as noble without issue, and counterbalanced by victory after victory they earn with no need of being bailed out.

3 hours ago, Vince777 said:

What about Marcus?

In FE6? I searched the word Marcus in the script for the first few chapters of FE6, only appears in one line in his joining chapter. His death quote suggests no retreat either. His Roy support makes one little mention of the word "advice", but otherwise involves no mention of him making strategy with Roy. Like in FE1, where Jagen had no advisor role, the duty falls on someone else, baldies- Malledus for Marth, Merlinus for Roy. A glance of the lines spoken by Merlinus reveals he never really suggests strategy, Roy comes up with them all.

3 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I wonder if they'd make any of their quotes reference those personality/background options from New Mystery, or if they would play it safe and stick with the whole "training is my life and I love Marth more than the air I breathe" thing.

But which options should be selected? We've got five pasts, presents and futures to pick from. So 5x5x5 = 125 different combos to choose from. I wouldn't pull if the girl wasn't a Strong Truth-Seeker Merchant's Child. And the guy just has to be a Diverse Humanitarian Farmer's Child or a I boycott Heroes completely! Should we just make the Krises have Dissociative Identity Disorder?

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Female Chris (by Naga I refuse to use the K spelling)

It was prophesied their life's meaning would be murdering people, so they were named after a knife.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But which options should be selected? We've got five pasts, presents and futures to pick from. So 5x5x5 = 125 different combos to choose from. I wouldn't pull if the girl wasn't a Strong Truth-Seeker Merchant's Child. And the guy just has to be a Diverse Humanitarian Farmer's Child or a I boycott Heroes completely! Should we just make the Krises have Dissociative Identity Disorder?

I see no issue, personally. Just make every castle quote, every level up line, every voiced piece of dialogue- every single one should imply a different backstory. Each voiced line should also have a different voice actor, to better match the varying personalities. Their level 40 5-star dialogue can be where the Marth idolization comes through.

33 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I just sent a request. Same name that I have here. Not sure if you're aware (it's a bit unclear from what you typed), but the unit that your friends get is your lead, not who you're using to battle/"vote". So you can set anyone as your lead to give to friends, and then use your other units to complete the color-dependent quests, or to get the bonus points from using Nowi. If you're okay with it, PA Azura seems like a good choice for a lead unit, since she's a green dancer.

may switch my lead to my own 5-star Clarisse once I get enough feathers to give her Life and Death 3 (which should happen no later than tomorrow when the Arena season ends). She already has Brave Bow+, Draw Back, Luna, and Swordbreaker. But if anyone wants me to switch back to Julia or to someone else, just let me know.

Thanks for letting me now. I'll be setting my nearly finished Nohrzura as my lead. As for the quest units, M!Robin for blue ( can never be to sure about Brave!Lyns), Brave!Lyn for colorless, Nohrzura or Julia for green, and Black Knight for red. 

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for Celica and Eirika as men, if everything else about them was left as untouched, they'd be more disliked I admit. But look at Marth/Roy- they hate war, struggle internally over every decision they make, and trust everybody who comes to their cause, like the ladies, but these traits are seen as noble without issue, and counterbalanced by victory after victory they earn with no need of being bailed out.

I think that may be the issue with Celica and Eirika compared to Marth and Roy. The latter two have to share the spotlight with a male character who bails them out of trouble at least once (Eirika gets bailed out twice, and I haven't played far enough in SoV to know if Alm saves Celica more than once). Marth and Roy don't have another lord competing against them for attention, and Marth and Roy unequivocally do the saving for a couple of important characters in the game. That could be the difference.

Plus, now that you've brought up Lyn, I'm reminded that people like Lyn (and Hector) but quite a few of those people also consider Eliwood to be a bland wuss for being more peace-loving and not as "temperamental" as the other two. So.

I'll add some spice to this e-conversation:

Who's the best, combat-wise, in the gauntlet?  I haven't used most of them, but I do have a 5-star Nowi and A! Tiki.  Tiki is actually quite good for me.  Having plus defense IV plus buffs & distant defense seal is a great combo for counterpunching, and she can safely take out Hector, B! Ike, and B! Lyn on enemy phase. 

35 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Plus, now that you've brought up Lyn, I'm reminded that people like Lyn (and Hector) but quite a few of those people also consider Eliwood to be a bland wuss for being more peace-loving and not as "temperamental" as the other two. So.

It says something that when I was typing that that I forgot Eliwood. The most plot important lord in FE7 ends up being the least liked. This stated, he does have his moment of gentle outburst on Hellene.

And then continuing to think on gentleness mixed with aggression, there is Tellius's Reyson, and he is generally well liked I think. His brother Rafiel is probably the least liked of the Heron siblings, partly because RD lacks good supports so he's never fleshed out, partly because he looks too elvish (to me at least), and partly because he lacks the chaotic stubbornness of Reyson or the young female vibrance of Leanne. Though I did like it when he consoled Micaiah in P3, and I like him and Nailah being husband and wife as the RD artbook revealed.

Back to Elibe, I personally don't find Eliwood to be terrible, if dull in a number of his supports (everyone not Lyn, Hector and Marcus), and nothing new as far as lord personalities go. I like to focus on his Lyn Mode snippet of all thing, not the one where he heroically rescues Ninian though that CG foreshadows their marriage. But the one where he gets pledges of neutrality from the neighbors of Caelin in the heir dispute between Lundgren and Lyn. Diplomats should be respected, and rarely do they ever play a role in FE (except for one dying and kicking off RD P3, ...and Roy getting Etruria involved in the conflict with Bern- but I'll retcon this as "like father like son"), and I like typecasting Eliwood as one. He's a male Queen Elincia, and I like her.

16 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Back to Elibe, I personally don't find Eliwood to be terrible, if dull in a number of his supports (everyone not Lyn, Hector and Marcus), and nothing new as far as lord personalities go. I like to focus on his Lyn Mode snippet of all thing, not the one where he heroically rescues Ninian though that CG foreshadows their marriage. But the one where he gets pledges of neutrality from the neighbors of Caelin in the heir dispute between Lundgren and Lyn. Diplomats should be respected, and rarely do they ever play a role in FE (except for one dying and kicking off RD P3, ...and Roy getting Etruria involved in the conflict with Bern- but I'll retcon this as "like father like son"), and I like typecasting Eliwood as one. He's a male Queen Elincia, and I like her.

Another good moment Eliwood has is after chapter 25 (or is it 24), when he talks sense into young Zephiel's mom. That seems like a very good moment for him. Also, can't Eliwood become a good unit in Blazong Sword after he promotes? Plus, he is on a horse and a horse makes anything better.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

Another good moment Eliwood has is after chapter 25 (or is it 24), when he talks sense into young Zephiel's mom. That seems like a very good moment for him. Also, can't Eliwood become a good unit in Blazong Sword after he promotes? Plus, he is on a horse and a horse makes anything better.

I mentioned Hellene before, that is one of his very undiplomatic, but good moments. And it does pay off despite at first appearing to have ruined the chances of getting access to the Shrine of Seals.

As for promoted Eliwood, he turns out good in the end, but he can't promote for a long time on his own mode (he's a bit better on Hector Mode with the first Heaven Seal), and always has 2 less Con than the Cavs/Pallies, which does affect Lance use a bit. In the less than ideal term, on Eliwood Mode he might not even make it to 20/10 given how little time he has available. I know Normal Mode enemies are jokes, but I don't know about Hard ones in the lategame (beyond a plentitude of unpromoted enemies even here), and the Final enemies are always strong. Like son like father, Eliwood's promotion issues are comparable to Roy's. Getting a horse is great, but only if you have the chance and stats to do something with it. Which Marcus, Sain, Lowen, Kent, and even the fragile and puny Isadora all have.

@DarkLordIvy @Glaceon Mage I'll be throwing Bridelia up as my lead unit, unless there are other requests.  Notable units are my Titania, Ike, and Reinhardt.  (Or CYLyn, but she's ubiquitous.)  I've also got a metric ton of Cavalry and Fliers, but they need team support to really shine.

I just got done giving my Fae Lightning Breath, Iceberg, and Atk +3.  There are probably better A skills, but I'm low on Fury and TA fodder.  Hopefully regular Lightning Breath will do, since I don't want to spend 20K feathers for the upgrade.

So, who's ready for Tiki time? Also, I'm contemplating who to send out... Right now PA Azura is out in front, but it's kinda tempting to send out Summer Tiki...

7 hours ago, Lightning Grandmaster said:

Excellent choice! That looks like a nice build, I wish I had extra rare character fodder. My Tiki makes do with Def+3 in the A-slot, which gets her def to 43, so it gets the job done, but is significantly less fancy.

7 hours ago, Lightning Grandmaster said:

Oh dammit.... ;; that's my dream build for her... Q∆Q BIKE WHERE WERE YOU DAMMIT

Well anyway. I'm also rockin Team Tiki naturally, I'll have this Falchion-smashing gal as my leader if anyone wants to add me.

Screenshot_20170830-073407.png

She's less impressive now that Nephenee and the Slaying Lance exist ofc but she does her job lol. 

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It says something that when I was typing that that I forgot Eliwood. The most plot important lord in FE7 ends up being the least liked. This stated, he does have his moment of gentle outburst on Hellene.

And then continuing to think on gentleness mixed with aggression, there is Tellius's Reyson, and he is generally well liked I think. His brother Rafiel is probably the least liked of the Heron siblings, partly because RD lacks good supports so he's never fleshed out, partly because he looks too elvish (to me at least), and partly because he lacks the chaotic stubbornness of Reyson or the young female vibrance of Leanne. Though I did like it when he consoled Micaiah in P3, and I like him and Nailah being husband and wife as the RD artbook revealed.

Eliwood is my favorite lord (with Roy and Ike being second), but compared to his co-lords he seems to have a poor reputation comparatively. Part of it may be because of his stats, but I've heard just as much criticism for his personality. It's a shame, now that you mention it he is kind of like RD Elincia in personality. He just didn't have people rebelling against him.

But I digress. I guess there are certain character archetypes people find more acceptable on women, although how well the character is written should take priority over the type of personality, and I think people find female Corrin more "acceptable" than male Corrin even though they're the same stupid character who make the same stupid decisions.

I don't know what team to join. None of the candidates that I have are fully decked out.

I have Boy!Corrin and Fae are the closest I have to being finished i just need fury ffs hinata just let me pull you fuck

I may go with Fae because she is missing only one skill, while Boy!Corrin needs, like, four.

Edited by saisymbolic

4 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I don't know what team to join. None of the candidates that I have are fully decked out.

I have Boy!Corrin and Fae are the closest I have to being finished i just need fury ffs hinata just let me pull you fuck

I may go with Fae because she is missing only one skill, while Bow!Corrin needs, like, four.

How could you refuse Fae? Hop on board. I'd loan you my own Fae, but... that's counterproductive elsewhere.