Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Oooh, how do you do that?

As long as you have the Coins and Badges, I don't think there's a limit.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

As long as you have the Coins and Badges, I don't think there's a limit.

The amount of skills available is limited (got to wait for IS to release more) and non unique skills (those without the beage colour) can only be upgraded to lvl 3. Unique skills like quickened pulse cannot be upgraded at all.

Edited by Clogon

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

That sounds like they almost fix the problem with the gauntlet in general. Yet cynicism  in me can't help but feel like something not right about that.

I dont know, i spent all my flags and am sitting on ~360k points collected for Ninian. But I am out of Flags and while Fae is currently behind (4'250'000'000 vs 3'225'000'000) the gap was allready bigger before, and considering my Rank didnt move much i think most people on the Ninian side are out of Flags. It just depends how many Flags the Fae side has left and what the multiplier will be ¬.¬

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I dont know, i spent all my flags and am sitting on ~360k points collected for Ninian. But I am out of Flags and while Fae is currently behind (4'250'000'000 vs 3'225'000'000) the gap was allready bigger before, and considering my Rank didnt move much i think most people on the Ninian side are out of Flags. It just depends how many Flags the Fae side has left and what the multiplier will be ¬.¬

I guess we'll make our final verdict when everything is said & done.

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

It is not a coin flip. Just like all previous gauntlets, you can mathematically predict when the bonus' happen, how much the score increases, how many flags are spent and how many flags will be spent based on previous data.

We can make guesses, but as we saw in the previous Gauntlet, the results can be completely different if the rates change even a tiny bit.  By narrowing the threshold for the multiplier, they've only made it worse (personally, I think we're liable to see several upsets this time around).  Some people may claim that the upsets make it more interesting, and I don't entirely disagree.  However, if the character who is clearly more popular doesn't win (and it's not the fault of his/her team slacking), then I ask again, what is the point of the voting?

1 minute ago, saisymbolic said:

You have to complete the next main story chapter called "Intermission." After doing so, the option will be unlocked and is located in the "Allies" option menu.

Thanks!  You'd think an entirely new feature like that would have at least been alluded to in the news list summary, instead of only being mentioned in the full article.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Why would the Ninian side be out of flags? Why would you use them outside of the multiplier? I'm on team Ninian and rank 221 with only 800 flags spend. I can see that much people having used their flags right and playing more...

Edited by Bartozio

5 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Why would the Ninian side be out of flags? Why would you use them outside of the multiplier? I'm on team Ninian and rank 221 with only 800 flags spend. I can see that much people having used their flags right and playing more...

I correct I am currently ranked 612 with 312370 points (not 360k) I used most of my flags when the multiplier was on, but i also used some when the gap was so big i thought, we wouldnt get any multiplier anyway, this was before i noticed the big gap shrinking a bit, but alas we will see how much they catch up in 9 hours and then we get more Flags to grind out anyway (I think).

This multiplier shit is getting crazy, like bonuses every hour is insane. I'm starting to save flags for the last hours because that's going to be better for my score.

I don't know if I like this, on one hand it's pretty funny reading about people running out of flags so soon and the possible upsets that can happen but on the other this throws the whole "Popularity contest" out of the window and now this is some sort of luck contest with a time mechanic to earn feathers.

I do like how the official score tracker is apparently still coded to show that a given character is "weaker" when the lead difference percent is 10% or greater even though it now takes far less than that to trigger the multiplier. F!Corrin mostly certainly has a multiplier right now contrary to what it says and I assume that Adult!Tiki does as well. 

Anyways, can we just rename this mode Chance Time now? It now contains as much bullshit and anarchy as a typical CT in a given game of Mario Party with the new multiplier threshold. Seriously, aside from being a feather dispensary, what's even the point of the VG existing anymore now if the winners of each round are now essentially picked at complete random? 

Just now, Hilda said:

I correct I am currently ranked 612 with 312370 points (not 360k) I used most of my flags when the multiplier was on, but i also used some when the gap was so big i thought, we wouldnt get any multiplier anyway, this was before i noticed the big gap shrinking a bit, but alas we will see how much they catch up in 9 hours and then we get more Flags to grind out anyway (I think).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10CkPCr_hG9aLBMnTrxErTKbdlg8IAjE5txotl_UWsM4/htmlview#

Found that on Reddit by some user named OreoCupcakes (if he happens to visit this board, thanks!)

Looks like if things stay on track, another multiplier should be coming along about 11:00PM EDT.  Of course, an hour ago it was scheduled to appear around 9:00PM, so I'm not sure I would wait up specifically for it.

I was trying to figure out if it made more sense to spend my flags now or hold onto them for multipliers or future rounds, but I'll probably just use them whenever I have them during an attack to make sure I don't forget to do so.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I do like how the official score tracker is apparently still coded to show that a given character is "weaker" when the lead difference percent is 10% or greater even though it now takes far less than that to trigger the multiplier. F!Corrin mostly certainly has a multiplier right now contrary to what it says and I assume that Adult!Tiki does as well. 

Anyways, can we just rename this mode Chance Time now? It now contains as much bullshit and anarchy as a typical CT in a given game of Mario Party with the new multiplier threshold. Seriously, aside from being a feather dispensary, what's even the point of the VG existing anymore now if the winners of each round are now essentially picked at complete random? 

Maybe instead of making a huge, multi-day Gauntlet, they can just have a single bonus upon login.  You spin the Wheel of Feathers, and get either a lot or a little, and there you go.

11 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

to be hones I've never really wanted to support any character

I always feel like supporting the character that's most likely to win to get the most out of the reward

You actually get more Feathers when on the underdog side, since you get more multipliers.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Are scores just not updating at the start of the hour? I'm really confused. Feels like F!Corrin and Sophia scores barely change.

Sofia has the multiplier now, so I think that's a change?

37 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Okay, switched to Brave Lyn :)

I do have a PA! Olivia though I don't have all skill slots filled yet

Thanks, CYL Lyn is doing perfectly :D 

How's Innes working out for you? I have several other colourless I can swap to if you need me to. I just prefer him :D 

7 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Thanks, CYL Lyn is doing perfectly :D 

How's Innes working out for you? I have several other colourless I can swap to if you need me to. I just prefer him :D 

He's perfect. Always wanted to try out Innes :)

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Looks like multiplier screwage isnt going to happen for Nowi... predictions say she'll win

Sorry Tiki!

Which predictions, though?  The ones I'm looking at show it being close enough that it could easily go either way.

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Looks like multiplier screwage isnt going to happen for Nowi... predictions say she'll win

Sorry Tiki!

It's way too early. We still don't even know how low the lead difference to get the multiplier is yet. It could be as low as 1%.

3 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's way too early. We still don't even know how low the lead difference to get the multiplier is yet. It could be as low as 1%.

Y!Tiki vs M!Corrin is equal now, and they aren't that close.

It needs to be at least more then 7.5% if it's calculated by percentages at all.

Edited by Bartozio