Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

This is insane, it’s the third time in 2 hours that there’s a bonus on the M!Corrin side! I think I’ll use a stamina potion to get flags for this third bonus

Yes! There's been so many multipliers. I'm really glad to have joined him this time round, since the bonuses are so plentiful! It's just so difficult deciding when to burn the flags for the extra points x'D

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

I see an 8% difference with Corrin-M having the bonus right now.

The official sites telling me M!Corrin doesn't have the bonus right now though. I also checked, and at least the Ninian vs Fae match is up to date, so I'm not sure what's up then.

Just now, Bartozio said:

The official sites telling me M!Corrin doesn't have the bonus right now though. I also checked, and at least the Ninian vs Fae match is up to date, so I'm not sure what's up then.

I noticed earlier this morning that Corrin-F had the bonus, but the official site didn't show her damaged artwork.

2 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

The official site still has 10% as the threshold for advantage and disadvantage. The threshold for the bonus multiplier for the current Gauntlet is much lower than that.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

The official site still has 10% as the threshold for advantage and disadvantage. The threshold for the bonus multiplier for the current Gauntlet is much lower than that.

Ah, I see. I knew they changed something, but I assumed the official site would be updated with that knowledge...

I'm so glad my Nowi is a lvl 11 because some of these matches would be insane without it.  I've seen so many enemy greens that it's completely insane!  Never have I ever seen so many greens actually being used as a lead.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

Looks like multiplier screwage isnt going to happen for Nowi... predictions say she'll win

Sorry Tiki!

It's too early to tell.  I've seen a few times where Tiki was going to give Nowi the spanking she so rightfully deserves.  The only thing I can see is with so many multipliers, the underdog may not have enough Flags left for the late multipliers.  On team Fae, it seems many people have either already run out of Flags or are hoarding them for later multipliers.

EDIT: Fae is projected to win, now.  Bow down to your Chicken Queen Overlord.  It's okay, it's what Zephiel wants.

Edited by Rezzy

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

You actually get more Feathers when on the underdog side, since you get more multipliers.

Not really. If you compare the cummulative winnings, the difference between top 1k (going full underdog) vs top 50k (was still obtainable by choosing winning side until this gauntlet) is only 1.4k feathers. Winning all 3 rounds yields you 1.5k feathers. If you use your feathers wisely and are top 50k then choosing the winning side in all 3 rounds will give you 100 feathers more. 

With the new reduced multiplier threshold, I think it is no longer possible to be top 50k on the dominant side anymore. Either way just like all previous gauntlets, you want to switch between the winning and losing sides to maximize your revenue by getting top 10k+ 2wins = 3.2k feathers.

I gotta say, this is the worst iteration of the multiplier yet. Almost any match will come down to whoever has the bonus in the final hour. And with the constant bonuses for the teams that are huge underdogs, it greatly rewards the people who are able to do 2 battles every single hour since even picking the 1x option will give lots of points over several hours of multipliers. Not to mention that if you are on a team that is heavily favored, you can kiss your cumulative rank goodbye.

7 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:
Speaking of units at one's disposal, this happened when I got @Infinite Dreams's Laslow earlier:

Reveal hidden contents

yPJBAWl.png
I'm so sorry your Laslow had to face his mother twice. D:
And lol this screenshot reminded me I had forgotten to switch my F!Corrin's skillset

Awww, poor Laz!  :o: 

---

I'm curious to see how Corrin vs. Nowi will go.  I think it'll be pretty close.  

Looks like Ninian has this gauntlet in the bag, though.  Not surprising.  I like her, so I'll pop over to her team if Corrin loses to Nowi. :^_^:

(This is all assuming multipliers don't mess with the results, ahah.)

Edited by Infinite Dreams

3 minutes ago, Clogon said:

With the new reduced multiplier threshold, I think it is no longer possible to be top 50k on the dominant side anymore. Either way just like all previous gauntlets, you want to switch between the winning and losing sides to maximize your revenue by getting top 10k+ 2wins = 3.2k feathers.

It's actually possible to pick the underdog, get the benefits of constant multipliers and still get the win for the round if your team happens to get the multiplier in the final hour.

2 minutes ago, Clogon said:

Not really. If you compare the cummulative winnings, the difference between top 1k (going full underdog) vs top 50k (was still obtainable by choosing winning side until this gauntlet) is only 1.4k feathers. Winning all 3 rounds yields you 1.5k feathers. If you use your feathers wisely and are top 50k then choosing the winning side in all 3 rounds will give you 100 feathers more. 

Being on the bigger side doesn't guarantee a victory.  There have been 3 upsets so far.  Top 30K if you're on the super winner for all 3 rounds may be possible, but is exceedingly difficult.  You'll need to be on in the early hours, which is the middle of the night for America, whereas the underdog will have several more opportunities to get multipliers.  I'm in the top 20K overall right now, but I still have 800 Flags left to burn.  To be honest, I should have saved more, but I didn't know that there were going to be near constant multipliers until mid morning.

That being said, with the new multiplier, who knows how this will pan out when it's all done.  The favorite may actually get some multipliers now.

It's actually much harder for the weaker team to cause an upset now, since they can't create a lead just under 10% and let the larger team struggle to catch up.

The only way for the underdog to win now is to overtake the winning team in the very last hour, otherwise they will give the bonus to the larger team and get utterly crushed.

Basically, Fae isn't going to win.

Edited by Korath88

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

It's actually possible to pick the underdog, get the benefits of constant multipliers and still get the win for the round if your team happens to get the multiplier in the final hour.

Hello Gaius and Camilla.

8 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's actually much harder for the weaker team to cause an upset now, since they can't create a lead just under 10% and let the larger team struggle to catch up.

The only way for the underdog to win now is to overtake the winning team in the very last hour, otherwise they will give the bonus to the larger team and get utterly crushed.

Yeah, plus there's probably less Flags still in reserve late in the game, since people are using them more early, since there are near constant multipliers.  Before, unless it was Gaius level lopsided, you still only had a handful of hours where there was the multiplier, where you'd still have Flags leftover at the end, if you were only using them when your team had the bonus.  In this Gauntlet, the underdogs have already run out, if they've spent them at every opportunity.

At the beginning today, I was still in the mindset of using mine whenever I saw the multiplier, since I've never been on a team where I've run out before when only using them on bonus hours, even when I was the underdog.

EDIT: Even without spending Flags, just winning battles with the default multiplier score is padding my score.

Edited by Rezzy

Honestly, I don't think we'll get a good idea for who will win any of the matches until at least tomorrow morning. The problem with the new Multiplier system is that it's completely volatile and it can easily go in either direction depending on what shifts happen over a certain period of time. Take Fae vs. Ninian for example, just an hour ago it was saying Ninian was projected to win, now it's saying Fae is and I bet it's because either party got a gain or loss in votes that wasn't taken into consideration of the original projection. That's probably going to be a trend for most of the matches we have right now since the scores keep fluctuating, and I doubt the trackers are going to be telling until the scoring calms down and it has a better idea of how people are voting for each character.  

23 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Awww, poor Laz!  :o: 

---

I'm curious to see how Corrin vs. Nowi will go.  I think it'll be pretty close.  

Looks like Ninian has this gauntlet in the bag, though.  Not surprising.  I like her, so I'll pop over to her team if Corrin loses to Nowi. :^_^:

(This is all assuming multipliers don't mess with the results, ahah.)

If Ninian loses because she ends up facing a dragon who happens to be more popular, I'll be disappointed but hey, that's just how these things go.

If she becomes the second FE7 character in as many gauntlets to lose to a less popular character just because of this multiplier nonsense, however...

21 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Top 30K

You only had to be top 50k and it is not that difficult being up when needed.

23 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

I never said anything otherwise. I said to maximize profits you want at least 2 wins and be in top 10k. You don't necessarily need to pick the underdog to do so.

I like this new multiplier thresh hold. It makes it more rewarding to play on the losing side since they completely out rank the winning one by a large margin in terms of cummulative rankings.

9 minutes ago, Medeus said:

I bet it's because either party got a gain or loss in votes that wasn't taken into consideration of the original projection. 

This is because that excell sheet doesn't take into account time zones. FE's player base populations goes JP>NA>EU. Right now JP just woke up so the difference growth slowed down quite a bit in the past 8 hours.

Edited by Clogon

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but is anyone here on Team Fae with a strong red unit as their lead? I'm mainly looking for a ranged unit or a Brave Roy (default Galeforce is fine), not Ike because I already have some of him. My current lead is +Res -Def Fury Julia with G Tomebreaker and Atk Ploy seal, if anyone wants that.

ID: 4044461686

(As a side note, if Fae loses, then I'll switch over to Nowi, because she's the only other unit that I have.)

58 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@CWGameplay @MrSmokestack I added both of you. I went and upgraded my Eliwood a bit. He now has Distant Defense 2 seal and merged to 40 +8. 

Your Eliwood just took 4 total damage from a Reinhardt and then killed on retaliation.  I've never been so happy in my life.