Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Re: Gauntlet Mechanics,

You can either have "match decided by a coin flip" or "popularity cruise control, predetermined winners".  The only interesting matches in either system are accidents rather than design. The Gaunlet isn't going to be a legitimate competition until they do away with team sizes and focus on performance.

Also, regarding secret voting, that would be even less of an interesting mode. Who would care about a sport where you can only see the ending?

I'm hoping Ninian wins, but I'll accept it of she loses to an upset. It's a silly, flawed game mode.

Honestly, I think focusing on performance would be best. Splatoon has a similar implementation with their Splatfest and while it isn't perfect it does mean that the larger team doesn't win by size alone, you also have to play well to get your team the victory. That should be what is rewarded the most in a game mode that's expected to have players constantly playing it, and it would address issues like players just dropping in for the feathers or not participating until the last minute/a strong multiplier is in play. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

The mode itself is a mess but the developers keep tweaking it to see what works so I'll give them some credit for not scrapping it despite the mountains of salt.

Yeah, maybe if we can just break it enough, it'll be so broken that people will think it's fixed!

11 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I ended with a score of 999,251 which places me at 2,240 in Sophia's army and 13,078 on cumulative.

Something seems wrong here. My 847,517 places me at 1,031 (alas!) in team Sophia and 5,689 total.

But that was just before the final tally.

2 minutes ago, Dracologist said:

Is it bad that the first thing I thought of when I saw that was how much of a controversy it would be if Leon lost a voting gauntlet with those rules?

I think the bigger worry would be for anyone in Genealogy/Thracia/Binding Blade; with how many casual English fans play Heroes (who wouldn't know anything about the Japanese exclusives outside of Awakening and Heroes), they would practically drop like flies.

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Who cares about this "sport" as it stands now?

Though admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of sports/competitions in general, so perhaps someone who cares about seeing any bit of them at all should weigh in.

As a sport, this mode fails in almost every way. As a small side mode to mess around with, I don't think it's that big of a deal.

In fact, I think that might be why this mode sees so much negative response in the more dedicated sides of the fanbase. Most of the people who play this game probably don't care much about who wins and who loses. They join the character they recognize most, they play some matches, and maybe get some feathers out of it. That's what I did when I played Heroes much more casually (including when the multiplier was added), and I always had fun with it. I still do, because I don't see any reason to get too attached to a specific team winning. The multiplier adds a bit more excitement to it for the casual player, so I doubt it'll be going away very soon.

Well, Ninian beat Fae, no surprise there.  How did the other matches go?  I wish it let us check from the game, like it does during the matches.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Something seems wrong here. My 847,517 places me at 1,031 (alas!) in team Sophia and 5,689 total.

But that was just before the final tally.

Huh? It seems my score didn't upgrade, it was rank #552 in the end

Sadly Sophia lost :( 

So...who won between Y!Tiki and M!Corrin?

Just now, Dracologist said:

How long do these gauntlets usually take to calculate the results, by the way? This is my first time.

If you won, you'll get victory feathers, if you don't get any, your team lost.  I just got my ranking feathers, but no victory feathers.  It should be ready now.

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Who cares about this "sport" as it stands now?

Though admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of sports/competitions in general, so perhaps someone who cares about seeing any bit of them at all should weigh in.

This thread has 34 pages now. There is also a huge increase in fan art and associated memes. People care.

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, out of curiosity: does the winning team get their victory feathers immediately?

Because I only got ranking feathers.

RIP Nowi?

Rip Sophia.

Edit

I am unsure how I would feel if it ends up being Fem Corrin Vs Male Corrin. 

Edited by Rezanator

...How the fuck did Young Tiki lose? I thought she was practically guaranteed a win.

Well, there's nobody left for me to join now. Young Tiki, Fae, and Nowi ALL lost, it looks like. I don't care about anyone else enough to join them. Looks like I'm through here.

Edited by Anacybele

Final results:

A!Tiki upset Nowi

M!Corrin upset Y!Tiki

F!Corrin and Ninian won as expected.

I wonder how much team Ninian is going to outnumber M!Corrin by in the next round.

Edited by Korath88

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

...How did Young Tiki lose? I thought she was practically guaranteed a win.

Well, there's nobody left for me to join now. Young Tiki, Fae, and Nowi ALL lost, it looks like. I don't care about anyone else enough to join them. Looks like I'm through here.

Hooray for the randomness caused by the multiplier!

I'm kinda in the same boat though; I was either going to go for Young Tiki or Fae if Nowi lost. So... @Anime27Arts @Poimagic do either of you know what team you're going for next?

Just now, Astellius said:

Tiki won! I got victory feathers!

Baby TIki or Big Tiki?

So, was it

Ninian wins

Male Corrin wins

Big Tiki wins

Female Corrin wins?

I may go to male Corrin, since I have him at 5* and should be able to get more underdog feathers.  Plus, I need to keep my streak of almost always being on the losing team going.

For anyone on Male Corrin's team, I'll be staying with my Bridelia as my lead.

Just now, Troykv said:

Well... Sophia is out... Who I should support now?

You don't have to support anyone else if you don't want to. No one's forcing you to join another team. You'd be losing out on some feathers, but eh. I don't care. I refuse to support anyone left in this.