Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

9 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

All I did is express bemusement about the readily apparent hate that goes around for the 3DS games.  

And there was absolutely no need to do that, especially when the thread had practically no mentions of anything related to 3ds vs non-3ds arguments before you brought that up.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Cool, thank you! Perhaps I will promote Eiliwood as well, but he won't see any merges (wow +8 !). Gem + QR was great on Titania, I was thinking to do the same on him. Not sure if his nature +ATK -HP is ok, or if I should wait for a +RES -SPD one. 

+ATK -HP is totally fine and you wouldn't want to lose speed. The ideal one for mage killer build would be -HP +Res for further mage tanking but +ATK is great too. Speaking of merges, I have 2 more 3* Eliwoods in reserve to get my original Eliwood to +10 but I'm saving resources for Arvis and DD3 seal upgrade now. 

@ topic: I'm on Team M!Corrin now. 

23 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

+ATK -HP is totally fine and you wouldn't want to lose speed. The ideal one for mage killer build would be -HP +Res for further mage tanking but +ATK is great too. Speaking of merges, I have 2 more 3* Eliwoods in reserve to get my original Eliwood to +10 but I'm saving resources for Arvis and DD3 seal upgrade now. 

@ topic: I'm on Team M!Corrin now. 

Yep, I'm also hesitant to spend feathers now, hopefully the next GHB will feature something big. Eliwood is on the queue, I already have the necessary Hector. 

Somewhat disappointed that every single member of Ninian's Dragon Kindergarten got knocked out at the first round (and two due to upsets). That basically just means I'm going to be stupidly ambivalent if Ninian is knocked out this round.

I still like it better when the team that wins is the team that has more support, but jumping on the team that's predicted to lose gets you a better ranking. Upsets are interesting, but are ultimately not fun except for the players that dislike the character that lost.

The existence of the initial yo-yo is also pretty dumb considering it occurs at a horrendously inopportune time in my time zone. It looks like the changes to the advantage threshold were partly meant to give the larger team more access to multipliers, but that's not any better in practice. I'd rather that a team significantly larger in size compared to its opponent never have a multiplier at all than to have only a few scattered throughout the round.

If the developers were aiming for complete unpredictability, they've certainly succeeded, but I don't think that's what most players want out of this game mode.

geeees i only spent 400 Flags so far in that 1 hour Ninian had the multiplier... and we crushed M!Corrin i still have so many Flags left to spent, whens our next multiplier? ._. Looking at the score it looks like we wont even get a 2. multiplier.

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

geeees i only spent 400 Flags so far in that 1 hour Ninian had the multiplier... and we crushed M!Corrin i still have so many Flags left to spent, whens our next multiplier? ._. Looking at the score it looks like we wont even get a 2. multiplier.

Somehow I'm 328 on the Ninian team, and I don't even battle that frequently!  I think I just managed to luck out hitting the multiplier hour, and everyone else is probably holding onto flags hoping for another multiplier.

Edited by JJ48

Goodness, this is funnier than what I expected! Now I have to consider this well. 1510 flags grants me enough for 7.5 hours while wasting the 10 flags whenever, if M!Corrin has about 30 hours of multipliers then the best course of action would be to spend starting around the 6x multiplier right?

5 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Goodness, this is funnier than what I expected! Now I have to consider this well. 1510 flags grants me enough for 7.5 hours while wasting the 10 flags whenever, if M!Corrin has about 30 hours of multipliers then the best course of action would be to spend starting around the 6x multiplier right?

If you can guarantee two attacks an hour, I think you can actually hold out for 7x multiplier.  A little earlier would give you more breathing room, though. 

4 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

I think I'm going to head to M!Corrin because he was my first 5* and my other choice is Ninian and I've already lost a bunch of feather going to Nowi so I'm getting those feathers to finish my Boey.  Idk I haven't chosen yet.  I have all of the candidates so it doesn't bother me who I choose I'm just kind of down on this since this multiplier is just getting insane to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if Ninian lost this entire gauntlet.

Looks like both of you are going for Male Corrin, so I'll head over to him too. Unless @Poimagic went to Female Corrin, in which case... darn. I'll miss that PA Azura. She was pretty nice. At least I'll get to hear more of Summer Chrom's amazing voice lines. Not sure yet if I'll try to rank well in this round, or save my flags for the next one

If there's anyone else on team Male Corrin that would like a +1 +Atk/-Res Julia, feel free to add me. My ID is 5367543341; just let me know if you send a request. I can also offer units in other colors if they are desired.

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

That's my plan.   I'm likely to wait until 6.5x if there's enough of a gap to ensure that MCorrin keeps the multiplier for the remainder of the round.

5 hours ago, Usana said:

I would love a Corrin vs Corrin final! It would be Hilarious!

Corrin! Stop hitting yourself!

Yeah but, I don't wanna have to help a Corrin, they're both equally sucky in my books... The mage gauntlet was enough of that for me.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Somewhat disappointed that every single member of Ninian's Dragon Kindergarten got knocked out at the first round (and two due to upsets). That basically just means I'm going to be stupidly ambivalent if Ninian is knocked out this round.

Is that a bit of salt I detect?

1 minute ago, kcirrot said:

Is that a bit of salt I detect?

Disappointment is a level or two below salt.

But on the subject of upsets, they make the Voting Gauntlet less interesting for me because the next round will result in an almost guaranteed curb stomp due to the size difference and any turnover that occurred from the team that lost to the team directly opposing the upsetter out of revenge. Furthermore, they also kill any hype that built up for expected match-ups; in particular, I'm not sure anyone really cared that Ike beat Camilla.

And on the subject of curb stomps, literally none of the first 40 hours matter for the end result because of how the back and forth works with the multiplier, especially with the current system. Either the smaller team is in range to overtake the larger team in the final hour with the multiplier or it isn't, and that's literally all that matters.

I missed the multiplier for Ninian so there's pretty much 0 chance of me scoring well in this gauntlet unless she gets another one. 

I didn't care about feathers this time. Just wanted to get the 500 win feathers. Didn't think this would be Corrin vs Gaius all over again with multipliers every single hour though...

Guess I'm just gonna save all my flags till tomorrow for team Corrin. The back and fourth multipliers seem like they'll stay pretty constant so hopefully I can hold off for bigger multipliers near the end and we don't get caught in a no multiplier stalemate or something.

How big does the team size between F Corrin and A Tiki seem anyway? Back and fourth almost every hour makes me assume they'd be similar?

11 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I missed the multiplier for Ninian so there's pretty much 0 chance of me scoring well in this gauntlet unless she gets another one. 

I didn't care about feathers this time. Just wanted to get the 500 win feathers. Didn't think this would be Corrin vs Gaius all over again with multipliers every single hour though...

Corrin was losing this badly to Gaius too?!  Aw, now I'll be really upset if Ninian loses!

I'm a little nervous that the current predictions show M.Corrin unable to get enough votes to give us another multiplier.  That basically bounces it back and forth between the two, which will make it too random-based for comfort, when what we really want is a good, mid-day multiplier to put us safely out of harm's way.  Though, we're still less than halfway through, so I suppose tomorrow morning will give us a slightly clearer view.

10 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Corrin was losing this badly to Gaius too?!  Aw, now I'll be really upset if Ninian loses!

Other way around, mate. Gaius was the one who got beaten into the ground. Even though the multiplier threshold was at the 10% point difference for that gauntlet, I want to say that Gaius had the multiplier for at least 75% of that round. At least it felt like he did at any rate.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

And on the subject of curb stomps, literally none of the first 40 hours matter for the end result because of how the back and forth works with the multiplier, especially with the current system. Either the smaller team is in range to overtake the larger team in the final hour with the multiplier or it isn't, and that's literally all that matters.

Are you saying this isn't as good as it gets for the system then? Admittedly I can see it not working because of how many time it's going back & forth.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Other way around, mate. Gaius was the one who got beaten into the ground. Even though the multiplier threshold was at the 10% point difference for that gauntlet, I want to say that Gaius had the multiplier for at least 75% of that round.

Yeah, I was just joking at Corrin's expense.

37 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I'm a little nervous that the current predictions show M.Corrin unable to get enough votes to give us another multiplier.  That basically bounces it back and forth between the two, which will make it too random-based for comfort, when what we really want is a good, mid-day multiplier to put us safely out of harm's way.  Though, we're still less than halfway through, so I suppose tomorrow morning will give us a slightly clearer view.

At this point, I might as well be a traitor for Corrin's team, since I'd prefer it if we overshoot and gave Ninian another multiplier because it would guarantee that we get multipliers till the end of the round and allow me to maximize my score >w>

And Ninian players need another multiplier if they don't want their score to suffer too much.