Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

I decided to save my flags for day 2 of M!Corrin’s bonus, and it seems it’s been a good idea! Let’s see if I finish in 1K~5K

Last round, I burnt them everytime that a bonus was available and finished only in the 5K~10K range :/

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I am a big fan of Miriel. Her scientific approach and love of experimentation are what sold her to me. She is a big nerd, and I find myself a nerd too. The nerd-type characters (Canas, Lute, Miriel, Lutier) all have huge pluses in my book.

And the glasses too, can’t forget the glasses.

Those glasses look mighty fine looking up under that hat on her S-support picture. Also I do take a liking to the 'For Science' characters.

And her Japanese delivery on her crit lines are A+++

Also I like her hair. 

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I think it's also because, it may be superficial, but she's a beautiful yet strong unit in Awakening. Perfectly delivered by her voice actors, she's a strong female character in battle that kicks butt. Strong but still very feminine compared to Sully for example (although imo, Cherche has the right balance). 

She's perfectionist and has many talents but she also has faults and insecurities (from working herself to exhaustion to unfortunately more anime-esque tropes) but sometimes the whole prodigy thing may not be a thing that some people can connect to. Personally some bits I connect to based on past experiences but that's just me. I guess it just depends on the person, but at least she's more normal/accessible (?) as a female character compared to say, Panne, Nowi, Maribelle, Miriel or Tharja who can be extreme in their personalities/quirks. Personally, I like Cherche the most, with Miriel also being funny but also I love intelligent characters maybe it's the megane.  But yeah Cordelia is a safe design/personality-wise for a female character in Awakening that people may prefer (compared to say, Sumia's over-the-top clumsiness for example). Actually I think Cordelia is the only non-clumsy Sheperd pegasus knight, so if people like Peg Knights they might flock to her.

And wow Tiki finally getting multipliers again. It has been a while, and I was itching to use some feathers at least for this round.

No harm in liking someone in a game for superficial reasons. I'm very guilty of that xD

I think I remember her more from Fates than Awakening now, so it might colour me from her, but it always bugged me that she seemed so effortlessly perfect, whereas people deride Subaki for actually trying and struggling to be perfect. But, again, I've not played Awakening for a while and never really used Cordelia past getting her kid, so that could be doing her an injustice. I'll check out her supports tonight :)

I can understand that, though, when compared to others. I always preferred Panne out of the Awakening females :D I know she's very suspicious and surly, but I could understand why, and I liked a lot of her supports :)

Still saving my feathers for Corrin. Gonna use them all up tonight, since I don't anticipate having problems with multipliers. I'll be really annoyed, though, if when I get home, we've somehow stopped having them xD

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also I like her hair. 

Her hairstyle works really well for her. Even more, the whole outfit projects a very serious image, with the huge wizard hat, dark colours, and trousers. Baggy and goofy ones, but trousers nonetheless.

What’s not to like in Miriel.

Edited by Vaximillian

18 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

No harm in liking someone in a game for superficial reasons. I'm very guilty of that xD

I think I remember her more from Fates than Awakening now, so it might colour me from her, but it always bugged me that she seemed so effortlessly perfect, whereas people deride Subaki for actually trying and struggling to be perfect. But, again, I've not played Awakening for a while and never really used Cordelia past getting her kid, so that could be doing her an injustice. I'll check out her supports tonight :)

I can understand that, though, when compared to others. I always preferred Panne out of the Awakening females :D I know she's very suspicious and surly, but I could understand why, and I liked a lot of her supports :)

Still saving my feathers for Corrin. Gonna use them all up tonight, since I don't anticipate having problems with multipliers. I'll be really annoyed, though, if when I get home, we've somehow stopped having them xD

Subaki is kind of grating because he's pretty cocky about it (that portrait annoys me with his smug smile) whereas I don't get that from Cordelia. Even though sometimes it annoys people even more when 'geniuses' try to play down their talents, so her downplaying her talents sometimes backfire on her. (That said I relate back to school with that, trying not to look to overconfident with grades but it just backfires because people think I just take the talent for granted, complaining about talents or something similar)

At the very Caeldori has a slightly interesting twist by having her actually have to live within the shadow of a perfect father. Just like how Asugi has an interesting twist about inheriting the Saizo tradition or actually being serious about being the duties of a ninja (Hisame support). Still clone characters but at least some supports have an amusing different take.

As for Panne, I'm guilty of being superficial and not liking her at first because of her design (Taguels being overgrown bunnies are weird to me) but at least she does have more character and reason for her personality so I respect her.

And the feathers/flags word swap strikes again!

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Subaki is kind of grating because he's pretty cocky about it (that portrait annoys me with his smug smile) whereas I don't get that from Cordelia. Even though sometimes it annoys people even more when 'geniuses' try to play down their talents, so her downplaying her talents sometimes backfire on her. (That said I relate back to school with that, trying not to look to overconfident with grades but it just backfires because people think I just take the talent for granted, complaining about talents or something similar)

At the very Caeldori has a slightly interesting twist by having her actually have to live within the shadow of a perfect father. Just like how Asugi has an interesting twist about inheriting the Saizo tradition or actually being serious about being the duties of a ninja (Hisame support). Still clone characters but at least some supports have an amusing different take.

As for Panne, I'm guilty of being superficial and not liking her at first because of her design (Taguels being overgrown bunnies are weird to me) but at least she does have more character and reason for her personality so I respect her.

And the feathers/flags word swap strikes again!

Since Caeldori never really interested me, I never looked into her supports apart from those I got in game. Are there any you'd recommend? Always like to read fun/interesting supports :D I do like her support with Subaki, 'cos it does show that being perfect for other people is having a toll on him. I've reread that one and can see her side, too. I still feel she's a bit too much, though... a bit more condensed. Oh well ^.^

Subaki does seem very cocky with it, to be fair, so I can give that. I just like a lot of how on the surface he seems perfect to others, and then underneath it's a lot more trying to stay afloat. His support with Hana made me laugh 'cos it really irritated him she reminded him about the flaw she had seen xD

Again, no problems with superficial. I like her for both character and appearance. She's one of the more interesting ones. I like Yarne, too :D Miriel and Cherche are also up there for me. The one thing that grates me about Cherche is the stupid back armour. No problems with Miriel at all :D

And... uh... I was totally testing you ^.^ You passed - well done :D

24 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Since Caeldori never really interested me, I never looked into her supports apart from those I got in game. Are there any you'd recommend? Always like to read fun/interesting supports :D I do like her support with Subaki, 'cos it does show that being perfect for other people is having a toll on him. I've reread that one and can see her side, too. I still feel she's a bit too much, though... a bit more condensed. Oh well ^.^

Subaki does seem very cocky with it, to be fair, so I can give that. I just like a lot of how on the surface he seems perfect to others, and then underneath it's a lot more trying to stay afloat. His support with Hana made me laugh 'cos it really irritated him she reminded him about the flaw she had seen xD

Again, no problems with superficial. I like her for both character and appearance. She's one of the more interesting ones. I like Yarne, too :D Miriel and Cherche are also up there for me. The one thing that grates me about Cherche is the stupid back armour. No problems with Miriel at all :D

And... uh... I was totally testing you ^.^ You passed - well done :D

Obligatory Caeldori and Selena- unlocks a special convo line (even during the recruitment chapter) but I think the conversation means more for Selena than Caeldori.

Shigure support has an interesting workaholic Caeldori issue (and both are peg knights!) Siegbert support is pretty intriguing, dealing with their insecurities in having to live under the shadow of their fathers (especially Siegbert's being heir to the throne). Ignatius support starts of a bit...err abrasive but the A support does address how the genius prodigy thing sometimes means a disconnect with the 'normal' people so it's an interesting play on the theme. But yeah while being a lite clone is disappointing there are some chances of interesting interactions with certain characters like Siegbert.

Speaking of Subaki, his Azama support is actually pretty entertaining.

Looks like I'll just put a few flags for MCorrin now since I need sleep soon... constant multipliers are weird.

Edited by mcsilas

7 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Obligatory Caeldori and Selena- unlocks a special convo line (even during the recruitment chapter) but I think the conversation means more for Selena than Caeldori.

Shigure support has an interesting workaholic Caeldori issue (and both are peg knights!) Siegbert support is pretty intriguing, dealing with their insecurities in having to live under the shadow of their fathers (especially Siegbert's being heir to the throne). Ignatius support starts of a bit...err abrasive but the A support does address how the genius prodigy thing sometimes means a disconnect with the 'normal' people so it's an interesting play on the theme. But yeah while being a lite clone is disappointing there are some chances of interesting interactions with certain characters like Siegbert.

Speaking of Subaki, his Azama support is actually pretty entertaining.

Looks like I'll just put a few flags for MCorrin now since I need sleep soon... constant multipliers are weird.

I found hers and Shigure's a little dull, but I'll reread again with what you've said in mind :D I can imagine Siegbert would be an interesting one, so I'll definitely check that out, and Ignatius' too.

I think I remember laughing at that. Gonna spend today reading supports between calls, I think xD

I have 1000 or so flags... ended at rank 275 last time for the team, so hoping for something similar this time. Since I don't think the last round would be good for multipliers, I'm just burning them now regardless of the further points. I could be proven wrong, but I'll still have next round's flags to burn :D

"Well, what do you think of THAT, snowflake girl? Looks like I am still automatically more popular than you."

*Triggers 6.1x multiplier.*

"You were saying?"

Ninian would make a perfect yamato nadeshiko. She probably already is, but...

Huh. The bonus wasn't supposed to come until the next hour, but Corrin overshot by 200 million in the last hour. I'm suspecting that some people on their team saw the close scores and got a little too excited and dumped flags. They likely won't score that high in the following few hours though, as it was probably an outlier.

As for us, spend all those flags. Make sure we overshoot by as large a margin as possible. Corrin took 22 hours to recover from the last lead, we can probably win this indisputably if played right.

Ninian have the multiplier... That will be hurt for us... Well, it's not like I didn't foresee that.

But it's me or I didn't see a draw even one time as being in M!Corrin team ? I was wondering if draw exist this time...

11 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Huh. The bonus wasn't supposed to come until the next hour, but Corrin overshot by 200 million in the last hour. I'm suspecting that some people on their team saw the close scores and got a little too excited and dumped flags. They likely won't score that high in the following few hours though, as it was probably an outlier.

As for us, spend all those flags. Make sure we overshoot by as large a margin as possible. Corrin took 22 hours to recover from the last lead, we can probably win this indisputably if played right.

Unfortunately, I spent nearly all my flags last night because I forgot that the gauntlet quests refreshed roundly rather than daily.  T_T

I still got in one free attack and one 5-flag attack, but I'll really be kicking myself if Corrin manages to make up the difference before the end!

Just now, Ledrert said:

Ninian have the multiplier... That will be hurt for us... Well, it's not like I didn't foresee that.

But it's me or I didn't see a draw even one time as being in M!Corrin team ? I was wondering if draw exist this time...

There have not been any draws yet this round for Ninian/Corrin.

Edited by JJ48

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The bonus wasn't supposed to come until the next hour

Prediction trackers are not prophecy. There isn't any "supposed to" from the information taken from them.

They use naive algorithms to determine predicted performance, and those algorithms don't take into account the behavior and mindset of players. In particular, they don't take into account the distribution of players by time of day (when people in different time zones are awake and not busy), and they don't take into account the fact that players rally when the scores are closer and when the end of the round approaches.

I'm also willing to bet that the prediction tracker is underestimating Ninian's score spike this hour since this is before work or school or during the morning commute for North America, late evening in Japan, and afternoon in Europe.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Prediction trackers are not prophecy. There isn't any "supposed to" from the information taken from them.

They use naive algorithms to determine predicted performance, and those algorithms don't take into account the behavior and mindset of players. In particular, they don't take into account the distribution of players by time of day (when people in different time zones are awake and not busy), and they don't take into account the fact that players rally when the scores are closer and when the end of the round approaches.

I'm also willing to bet that the prediction tracker is underestimating Ninian's score spike this hour since this is before work or school or during the morning commute for North America, late evening in Japan, and afternoon in Europe.

I wasn't using the prediction tracker. Corrin scored 590 million 2 hours back, but 790 million in the last hour. That's not a natural increase. There were definitely flags spent. The question is, why? 

Just now, Korath88 said:

I wasn't using the prediction tracker. Corrin scored 590 million 2 hours back, but 790 million in the last hour. That's not a natural increase. There were definitely flags spent. The question is, why? 

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Casual gamers have no idea how to Voting Gauntlet, so cries of "use better strategy" are considered invalid. Here is an example.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Casual gamers have no idea how to Voting Gauntlet, so cries of "use better strategy" are considered invalid. Here is an example.

That was my first guess, as players have no way of coordinating, so it's probably just mindless flag spam due to close scores.

Still, the more flags they spend now means a weaker push in the final hours. I'm confident Ninian has this in the bag.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

That was my first guess, as players have no way of coordinating, so it's probably just mindless flag spam due to close scores.

Still, the more flags they spend now means a weaker push in the final hours. I'm confident Ninian has this in the bag.

If I may coin a new analogy... the Voting Gauntlet is much like Twitch Plays Pokemon, except half the players don't know the rules.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

If I may coin a new analogy... the Voting Gauntlet is much like Twitch Plays Pokemon, except half the players don't know the rules.

Speaking of dumb players, someone tried to sabotage me with their 4* Alfonse lead in the last match. Thankfully, my Ninian and BK from my friends list were able to beat the enemies anyways.

5 hours ago, ruruo said:

@Anime27Arts :D Hope he’s been putting good work in for you. I’ve been keeping him as lead since colourless seem to be scarce, but can always switch if needed. 

Your spring Chrom hasn’t showed up yet ;^; I really hope he does before this round ends. 

He's been working well, I just initially thought it was a Random Jeorge with the normal kit then I actually used him and was surprised by how well he worked.  He's a pretty nice build.

Maybe Bunny!Chrom will grace you with his appearance before the end of the gauntlet.

Meanwhile in the actual battles....Get ready for non stop multipliers