Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

@Mercenary Kiara: I wonder a bit why they haven’t translated “Lv.” IIRC, French did turn it into “Niv.” (Niveau)

Ver. is obviously Verteidigung, Res. would be Resistenz, Ges. is Geschwindigkeit, but I can’t quite deduce what Agr. stands for. Angriff? Aggression?

Oh, and braves/heroes are warriors here (see Kriegerbogen/brave bow). Interesting.

German is a cool language, I loved studying it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Vaximillian Glad to hear you enjoy my language :)    and yes, Agr. means Angriff

The word "Level" actually gets used alot in german translated games like Pokemon or other RPGs.

I never heard a german player say: "Mein Character hat Stufe 5 erreicht" (My character reached level 5).

10 minutes ago, Mercenary Kiara said:

@Vaximillian Glad to hear you enjoy my language :)    and yes, Agr. means Angriff

The word "Level" actually gets used alot in german translated games like Pokemon or other RPGs.

I never heard a german player say: "Mein Character hat Stufe 5 erreicht" (My character reached level 5).

Actually i think some MMORPGs use Stufe instead of Level, but i dont remember exactly anymore.

Besides i now spent all my Flags. Wish you the best luck Ninian (not that you need it)

2 hours ago, Anime27Arts said:

He's been working well, I just initially thought it was a Random Jeorge with the normal kit then I actually used him and was surprised by how well he worked.  He's a pretty nice build.

Maybe Bunny!Chrom will grace you with his appearance before the end of the gauntlet.

Meanwhile in the actual battles....Get ready for non stop multipliers

Yay :D I'm so happy to hear that.

I hope to get your Chom too, spring must bloom on this gauntlet D:  Which team will you jump onto afterward? Maybe I will have more than this round to him >_<

18 minutes ago, Mercenary Kiara said:

"Stufe", "Niveau" and "Ebene" are less common than "Level", but I already encountered all of them in games. "Level" became part of the German dictionary, but I honestly don't know if it was because of digital games. 

It looks like Team Corrin actually got a bit of a rally going, but it's slowing down again with only 630 million in the past hour after 720 million the hour before that and 850 million the hour immediately after receiving the multiplier again.

If they can actually maintain a rally, they could overtake Team Ninian one more time, but slowing down too much will cause them to fail to take the lead in time, and rallying too hard will cause them to give Team Ninian another multiplier that they absolutely won't be able to recover from.

Victory is still possible for Team Corrin, but it will require a bit of luck to land the score in the sweet spot.

EDIT: On the other hand, the graph for Tiki v. Corrin is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Oh, now that I touched the topic of languages and @Ice Dragon is here: are names of legendary weapons supposed to be used with the definite article?

The Excalibur, the Durandal, and so on. I mean, these are unique, and uniques are usually used with “the”.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

"Stufe", "Niveau" and "Ebene" are less common than "Level", but I already encountered all of them in games. "Level" became part of the German dictionary, but I honestly don't know if it was because of digital games. 

Guess i could have explained it a bit better. Sure, I know those words are used too in games, but what I meant was: If I talk to someone in person, they mostly(not always) say Level instead of Niveau or Stufe.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, now that I touched the topic of languages and @Ice Dragon is here: are names of legendary weapons supposed to be used with the definite article?

The Excalibur, the Durandal, and so on. I mean, these are unique, and uniques are usually used with “the”.

In English, they usually don't use an article at all.  People say King Arthur wielded Excalibur, but not usually King Arthur wielded the Excalibur.  If it's "a" vs "the" it would be the definite article, though.

40 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The definite article is used to refer to a specific instance of a noun that refers to a generic classification. For example, "desk" refers to anything that satisfies the definition of a desk, but "the desk" refers to a specific desk.

Names behave differently from common nouns in English and refer to a specific instance by default and therefore do not need the definite article. For example, "John" never refers to "a person who has the name of John" and always refers to "this specific person who is named John" despite the fact that other people may also have the same name. In a similar manner, you would refer to Excalibur and Durandal without the definite article.

It gets trickier when the name happens to be a capitalized common noun, like "Black Knight" or "Binding Blade". When the name is more similar to a title (the kind that people have, not the kind that publications have), it typically takes the definite article. (Titles of publications don't take the definite article unless the definite article is part of the title or you are referring to the title as a classification.) "The Black Knight" and "the Binding Blade" are more common than "Black Knight" and "Binding Blade".

Edited by Ice Dragon

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

They've literally been trading multipliers the entire time. It's like a game of Old Maid with only three cards left.

It's been a pretty wild ride. I guess it makes it impossible to tell who's likely to come out on top in the end?

I'm out of flags now though and it's getting late, so I'm leaving the battle to the Americans and the Japanese. Fight for the glory of Team Melons!

Edited by Thane

F!Corrin vs Tiki is just a ping pong of bonuses. Meanwhile M!Corrin vs Ninian depends on the rate that M!Corrin spends his flags. I'm going to laugh if it ends up a Corrin vs. Corrin battle, though I do hope Ninian wins. 

1 minute ago, ruruo said:

I can't believe M!Corrin is currently projected to win. Honestly.. this is insane.

Projections that land close to the multiplier threshold are not reliable. The DMZ between the multipliers is only about 400 million points wide, which means a shift of even a few tens of millions of points is enough to mean the difference of having or not having the multiplier.

I wouldn't trust the spreadsheet to accurately predict the end result until two or three hours before the end of the round and even then only if the score is well away from the DMZ.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Projections that land close to the multiplier threshold are not reliable. The DMZ between the multipliers is only about 400 million points wide, which means a shift of even a few tens of millions of points is enough to mean the difference of having or not having the multiplier.

I wouldn't trust the spreadsheet to accurately predict the end result until two or three hours before the end of the round and even then only if the score is well away from the DMZ.

I sure hope you're right, since last round's Corrin's win ended up being accurate. I was very confident that M!Corrin would lose before joining. It feel bads being locked out of Ninian's team :(

Tiki's road in this gauntlet has been pretty hilarious. I fully expected her to lose day 1 and here I am, possibly going into the finals with her.

But yeah this gauntlet is weird lol

1 hour ago, Frenzify said:

So many games when I'm just given reds...

I switched my Ike to green Azura for now to not contribute to the problem. Not sure why I didn't realize that before. If you want something different let me know.

I hope I didn't miss too many pleas to switch my top hero by not following this thread very closely:ph34r:

28 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Demilitarized Zone?

I don't think the spreadsheet is handling the new multiplier system too well. It correctly predicted Tiki's multiplier at 4am, but keeps failing to anticipate when the back and forth might end. I think there's been only one "same" hour all day long since then. The slugfest just won't end. It's probably gonna be a true tossup of whoever gets the last multiplier for this one.

Edited by Alkaid

10 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with Gaius for me. He's still one of my favourite overall characters, personally. I think the only difference is I don't mind Asugi as much, but mostly 'cos I do see him as younger and more bratty so I sort of expect him to round out as he gets a bit older. Gaius >>>> Asugi for sure, though.

One of my own favourite supports is him and Panne. It starts off about sweets, but is quite funny, and I like how he actually makes an effort to understand about her and her people, which also means a fair bit to her.

And I think I can maybe understand some of Cordelia's popularity, though she does little for me. I can't always see what makes her popular over other females, though >.< (although I have read several reasons, which seems fine).

I'm glad to see someone else who likes Gaius for his actual personality, and not just candy memes. I've thought about using a picture of him for my picture on here, but that seems... dangerous, considering the reputation he has in the Heroes forums.

I just don't really like the young and bratty type of characters in any game or other media; I can respect the accuracy of some of them, but the personality type grates on me all the same. Unfortunately for me, that's a trait that a lot of the child units in Fates share, so it's a bit unavoidable I guess (although there are some standout kids that I do quite like in Fates). 

I believe Panne was the first person I had him marry, so I have a bit of bias toward that support, but I definitely agree that it's a really good one. I really like the one between him and Libra for a similar reason; it starts off more humorous with Gaius messing with Libra and not seeming to listen or take things seriously, but by the end he finds a common ground between himself and Libra, even if they don't fully agree in their beliefs.

I certainly don't dislike Cordelia, but there's plenty of characters I like more, both in and outside of Awakening. I can appreciate that, despite her perfection in most every other area, she struggles with insecurities due to unrealistic standards that she holds herself to, something that was only made worse by the loss of her fellow Pegasus Knights. I've been guilty of a similar mindset myself; not to say that I think I'm perfect, but I can understand the thought that even when I do my best, I'm still failing myself and others around me. I just wish there was more focus on that aspect of her, instead of her feelings for Chrom. I'm more unsure of why she's as popular as she is in the general fandom, really.

Y'know, if A!Tiki loses to F!Corrin, Tiki will officially be the first character to get double eliminated in a Gauntlet, and BY (effectively) THE SAME CHARACTER.

I guess the forum decided to make me post this twice to show my point of double elimination lol

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy