Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm pretty sure I just got your Merric, actually. He was a lifesaver with his Bowbreaker and Reposition against an enemy Takumi. I'm glad I'll finally get to see him again in this round!

Yaaaaay! I'm so glad you got him! He's been amazing in the Arena. He took some practice, but he's been a great mage for me. I haven't gotten your Julia. ;A; I've been getting @DarkLordIvy's Soren (as per usual--he must be happy that I finally leveled up my own) and....a Kagero. The username is Locke, so I'm not sure which variation of Serenes Locke that is. XD I think my favorite ally so far is this 5* Matthew+4. He's so much fun to use. His Bonfire obliterates just about everything.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Yaaaaay! I'm so glad you got him! He's been amazing in the Arena. He took some practice, but he's been a great mage for me. I haven't gotten your Julia. ;A; I've been getting @DarkLordIvy's Soren (as per usual--he must be happy that I finally leveled up my own) and....a Kagero. The username is Locke, so I'm not sure which variation of Serenes Locke that is. XD I think my favorite ally so far is this 5* Matthew+4. He's so much fun to use. His Bonfire obliterates just about everything.

I'd love to build one myself, now that I finally got one that isn't +Res, but it'll be a while before I can make him anywhere near as good as yours. I'm so sad that so few people seem to be getting Julia, though...Hopefully she'll show up for more people in the final stretch. I've had @Anime27Arts's Spring Chrom and @mcsilas's Delthea most often, both of whom have been great help as well. Although I don't actually know if they're going/have already gone to team Ninian too, so Merric might be carrying most of my battles from now on.

33 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Pfft, you'll have to work to NOT get feathers.  Even my "I forgot about the gauntlet in the last three hours because RL" was enough to net me a decent amount (a little past 10,000th place).

THIS is what the gauntlet is about, to me - two opposing sides, each with their own reasons, and a nice clean battle to figure out who wins.  Time to give it my all~!

If only the Gauntlets wouldn't leave such a bitter taste afterwards.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Do you mind explaining why anyone has to explain why they like this or that character?

To understand more than1 perspective. For me, understanding something is the step before respecting it.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

If only the Gauntlets wouldn't leave such a bitter taste afterwards.

Why be bitter?  It's the efforts of everyone in the world - we're just a tiny drop in the score.  But I'm gonna give it my all anyway.

Anyway, have some highlights from the gauntlet so far:

Spoiler

zQHIItP.jpg

The actual winner of the gauntlet is Azura.

02jN7sE.jpg

The RNG be weird sometimes.

JAuhSVR.jpg

Ran into this during my quest for training tower flags.  Yes, I surrendered, because Virion did zero damage, and Fir/Shanna were 2HKO'd.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why be bitter?  It's the efforts of everyone in the world - we're just a tiny drop in the score.  But I'm gonna give it my all anyway.

Anyway, have some highlights from the gauntlet so far:

Reveal hidden contents

zQHIItP.jpg

The actual winner of the gauntlet is Azura.

02jN7sE.jpg

The RNG be weird sometimes.

JAuhSVR.jpg

Ran into this during my quest for training tower flags.  Yes, I surrendered, because Virion did zero damage, and Fir/Shanna were 2HKO'd.

I won't be bitter about the loss but others will which will cause me to react to my surroundings. Still, I won't be spiteful towards F!Corrin 2nd victory since I can take comfort knowing that Team A!Tiki gave them a run for their money.

& I have no idea why you call that mysterious woman Azura. She's clearly another character since altogether she's using an ax something Azura can't use in Fates. Hence why she's the MVP of this month's Voting Guantlets being the only green dancer in the game besides Laslow's expy, Inigo.

12 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm glad to see someone else who likes Gaius for his actual personality, and not just candy memes. I've thought about using a picture of him for my picture on here, but that seems... dangerous, considering the reputation he has in the Heroes forums.

I just don't really like the young and bratty type of characters in any game or other media; I can respect the accuracy of some of them, but the personality type grates on me all the same. Unfortunately for me, that's a trait that a lot of the child units in Fates share, so it's a bit unavoidable I guess (although there are some standout kids that I do quite like in Fates). 

I believe Panne was the first person I had him marry, so I have a bit of bias toward that support, but I definitely agree that it's a really good one. I really like the one between him and Libra for a similar reason; it starts off more humorous with Gaius messing with Libra and not seeming to listen or take things seriously, but by the end he finds a common ground between himself and Libra, even if they don't fully agree in their beliefs.

I certainly don't dislike Cordelia, but there's plenty of characters I like more, both in and outside of Awakening. I can appreciate that, despite her perfection in most every other area, she struggles with insecurities due to unrealistic standards that she holds herself to, something that was only made worse by the loss of her fellow Pegasus Knights. I've been guilty of a similar mindset myself; not to say that I think I'm perfect, but I can understand the thought that even when I do my best, I'm still failing myself and others around me. I just wish there was more focus on that aspect of her, instead of her feelings for Chrom. I'm more unsure of why she's as popular as she is in the general fandom, really.

I couldn't care less what the people in the Heroes forum think of me, Gaius, or my choices. Display your favourites and be proud xD

If people are really that sore over a stupid Voting Gauntlet... Well, that's their problem. I'm currently sore over yet another stupid banner -.-

A lot of Gaius' supports and conversations are pretty funny. I like the Beach one between him and Lon'qu xD

I think McSilas had some good points as to why they liked Cordelia, so might be worth reading those to try and find out why she's popular. Those factors must just appeal to the majority :) To me... Eh, she's just eh to me. Not a stand out character but not one I hate, personally ^.^

8 hours ago, KongDude said:

Okay whoever's Elincia this is from my friends list (in japanese so IDK) on Team Ninian, it's been doing amazing. My only guess is that it's @Ice Dragon but I can't tell.

If she's +5 and running Luna and Life and Death 3, yeah that's mine. Glad to know she's been of use.

I was trying to think of who my strongest all-purpose standalone red unit was, and the first unit I thought was Elincia, so there she is.

I should probably switch her back over to Desperation, though.

Seeing how little difference in score there needs to be for a multiplier to trigger is killing the competitive aspect for me. I should be glad Ninian currently has a multiplier, but with barely any points between her and Corrin, I just find it excessive... I doubt I'll be as enthusiastic about next gauntlet, even if there's a character I like.

@DefaultBeep Glad Delthea is of use. If you need other colours, do let me know.

So I went ahead and backed Ninian for my main account (since Tiki lost) since I had more flags there. But yeah wow ranking sure is tough, but the things I do for the lady that visited me in the free summon.

For science, my second account who was M!Corrin went to F!Corrin, just because I already had the unexpected 500 feathers win in Round 1. Also for easy lv 1 Corrin battles since I can't play as much on this account. It'll be interesting to see how I rank in that one, and how it affects cumulative ranking, atlhough I only had 800 flags left from round 2 

4 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

Seeing how little difference in score there needs to be for a multiplier to trigger is killing the competitive aspect for me. I should be glad Ninian currently has a multiplier, but with barely any points between her and Corrin, I just find it excessive... I doubt I'll be as enthusiastic about next gauntlet, even if there's a character I like.

Corrin has more than an 8% lead over Ninian. That's pretty damned close to the old threshold of 10% for a multiplier.

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If she's +5 and running Luna and Life and Death 3, yeah that's mine. Glad to know she's been of use.

I was trying to think of who my strongest all-purpose standalone red unit was, and the first unit I thought was Elincia, so there she is.

I should probably switch her back over to Desperation, though.

Oh damn, it's your girl I've been getting all this time?

She's doing amazing for me, thanks dude!

Just now, mcsilas said:

@DefaultBeep Glad Delthea is of use. If you need other colours, do let me know.

Nah, she's been very useful every time she's appeared, so I'm fine with her. In fact, I'm pretty sure she's shown up in every match where I've been against a Xander, which has been quite fortunate. Has my Julia appeared for you at all, by any chance?

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nah, she's been very useful every time she's appeared, so I'm fine with her. In fact, I'm pretty sure she's shown up in every match where I've been against a Xander, which has been quite fortunate. Has my Julia appeared for you at all, by any chance?

Yes she has! Makes me jealous since I never pulled a Julia (only 5 star green mage in that account is Nino)

@Cute Chao Yeah unfortunately most of Caeldori's supports are kind of bland (a lot of Fates are to be honest, even worse when she's a clone) but I just find it intriguing to have two pegasus knights talk and how their personalities affect their pegasi.

Also I love the Gaius x Lon'qu Summer Scramble talk! I really wish we had a Summer Lon'qu. Dagger user that throws bugs at the enemy? lol

I hope Ninian has some more multipliers during some of my waking hours. I stayed up to catch that last multiplier, and I really should not have. I want to go to bed.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Corrin has more than an 8% lead over Ninian. That's pretty damned close to the old threshold of 10% for a multiplier.

After I posted that I was second guessing whether it was that close. But I only gave the scores a glance and already posted it. Salt, am I right? Although, in my case it's more salt towards the mechanics than the characters.

Edited by Frenzify

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Yes she has! Makes me jealous since I never pulled a Julia (only 5 star green mage in that account is Nino)

Awesome, I'm glad people are actually getting her! And hey, you'll have your chance to get Deirdre in a few days; in the words of a wise SF user in the Heroes General Discussions thread, "If you can't have the daughter, you must have the mother."

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Awesome, I'm glad people are actually getting her! And hey, you'll have your chance to get Deirdre in a few days; in the words of a wise SF user in the Heroes General Discussions thread, "If you can't have the daughter, you must have the mother."

Need to pull a green dancer first

Maybe I'll get Julia as a pity summon

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

no you don’t

Prepare for Merrics and Hawkeyes, I guess?

It would help if the game actually gives me green orbs >__>

Well I've wasted enough. Got to leave some orbs for a full FE4 pull then.

I just want to complete the weapon triangle

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Missed the multiplier because I was playing Simpsons Road Rage. (Got $84,088 for the curious.) Also missed a round because two fliers and Ninian versus Innes.

Correct if I'm wrong but did you just say you spend $84,088 on Simpson Road Rage?