Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I find it hard to believe that Nowi is the most popular of the contestants just because she's the dragon unit in the game & a solid art piece of her. 

I totally understand where you're getting at here, but there's also her detractors as well. Not to mention Ninian is a good character in her right as well.

I'm an idiot so simplifying & using layman's term isn't exactly bad thing when it comes explaining to me. But I don't like it when someone deliberately go out their way & insult me about it. 

Oh, I wasn't saying that Nowi was the most popular, just that a lot of people would probably consider her more desirable than Corrin from a unit standpoint. There's pros and cons for everyone here, and which ones matter most will depend on the individual person. I just feel like, given the extreme difference between Female Corrin's two Gauntlet performances, more people see the others contenders as better choices, and I wanted to list reasons as to why that could be.

Ninian is a fine character, which is another point in her favor; for those that played and enjoyed FE7, she's a very solid choice. Likewise, for people that haven't played FE7, she's still a pretty solid choice based solely on how she is in Heroes, though there may be other contenders that the player would like more. I personally don't have anyone in this Gauntlet that I like noticeably more than others, so I've just kinda gone with whoever.

If anything I've said has come across as insulting, then I do apologize; I tend to get a bit passionate during debates and discussions, but I never want anything I say to come across as aggressive or mean-spirited. I hold no hard feelings or dislike toward you, so I hope I haven't given you that impression.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Oh, I wasn't saying that Nowi was the most popular, just that a lot of people would probably consider her more desirable than Corrin from a unit standpoint. There's pros and cons for everyone here, and which ones matter most will depend on the individual person. I just feel like, given the extreme difference between Female Corrin's two Gauntlet performances, more people see the others contenders as better choices, and I wanted to list reasons as to why that could be.

Ninian is a fine character, which is another point in her favor; for those that played and enjoyed FE7, she's a very solid choice. Likewise, for people that haven't played FE7, she's still a pretty solid choice based solely on how she is in Heroes, though there may be other contenders that the player would like more. I personally don't have anyone in this Gauntlet that I like noticeably more than others, so I've just kinda gone with whoever.

If anything I've said has come across as insulting, then I do apologize; I tend to get a bit passionate during debates and discussions, but I never want anything I say to come across as aggressive or mean-spirited. I hold no hard feelings or dislike toward you, so I hope I haven't given you that impression.

You didn't come across insulting at all, I tend to have an incredibly difficult time understanding what other say, so I appreciate it whenever someone is willing to take the time to explain & use layman's terms. I was talking about my past experience & it got more volatile than it should have.

Edited by Zangetsu

Just now, Zangetsu said:

You didn't come insulting at all, I tend to have an incredibly difficult time understanding what other say, so I appreciate it whenever someone is willing to take the time to explain & use layman's terms. I was talking about my past experience & it got more volatile than it should have.

Alright, I'm glad to hear it. I worry about how well I come across sometimes, so I wanted to make sure. Hopefully I did an okay job of explaining my thoughts; I know I can get a bit too wordy as well, which is something I need to work on improving.

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, I'm glad to hear it. I worry about how well I come across sometimes, so I wanted to make sure. Hopefully I did an okay job of explaining my thoughts; I know I can get a bit too wordy as well, which is something I need to work on improving.

Well you gave an explanation, I question that explanation, & then you explain until I could understand. So I appreciate that you took the time & effort for doing so.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Well you gave an explanation, I question that explanation, & then you explain until I could understand. So I appreciate that you took the time & effort for doing so.

No problem! I'm always happy to try and better explain myself. And I can see your own points as well, so I'm glad we were able to come to an understanding at the end of it.

I may have to head out soon, so I probably won't be on this thread much if at all until tomorrow, but my rank is currently 72,607 with a score of 110,206. Hopefully Ninian will get more multipliers, I've only been able to spend 200 flags so far. My total standing is a bit better off, so I may still get a solid amount of feathers from that as well.

1 minute ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Should I try switching out my Ryoma for Julia, or PA!Azura?

Either would work, honestly. I’m also switching Sharena for Soren for a while.

And thanks!

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why does almost nobody on team Corrin set a green as their rep? I’m still at 2/5, and all I get is reds and blues. Naga’s sake.

Assuming that you've even been getting my Ryoma at all, I can switch my rep to one of my greens to help you out there and it'd give me an excuse to show off either of my most recent acquisitions in Hector or Julia. My most notable 5* greens include:

Spoiler

Anna: Noatun, Reciprocal Aid, Luna, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Spur Res 3

Camilla (+Atk/-HP): Melon Crusher+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 2, Savage Blow 3

Cecilia (+Spd/-Def): Gronnraven+, Repsoition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, B Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry, Squad Ace C 1

Cherche (+Atk/-Res): Brave Axe+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3, Hit and Run, Threaten Def 3

NS!Elise (+Atk/-Spd): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Moonbow, Spd/Res 2, Vantage 3, Threaten Res 3

Hector (+Spd/-HP): Armads, Swap, Ignis, Distant Counter, Vantage 3, Spur Atk 3

BH!Ike (+Res/-HP): Urvan, Swap, Aether, Steady Breath, Beorc's Blessing, Threaten Def 3, Hardy Bearing 1

PA!Inigo (+HP/-Res): Dancer's Ring+, Dance, no Special yet because laziness, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3

Julia (+Res/-Spd): Naga, Smite, Iceberg, Resistance +3, G Tomebreaker 3, Breath of Life 3

Minerva, +1 (+HP/-Def): Hauteclere, Reposition, Luna, Life and Death 3, Desperation 3, Hone Spd 3, Spur Def 1

Nino (+Atk/-Res): Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Draconic Aura, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone Atk 3, Speed +1

Sonya (+Def/-Res): Dark Excalibur, Draw Back, Moonbow, Mirror Strike 2, B Tomebreaker 3, Res Ploy 3, Atk Ploy 1

Soren (+Res/-HP): Rexcalibur+, Draw Back, Iceberg, Triangle Adept 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Res 3, Resistance +1

YS!Tiki (+Atk/-Res): Melon Crusher+, Smite, Draconic Aura, Close Def 3, Lancebreaker 3, Breath of Life 3

Titania (+Atk/-HP): Emerald Axe+, Reciprocal Aid, Iceberg, Armored Blow 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry

Also have: Boey (+Atk/-Spd), Hawkeye (+Atk/-HP), F!Robin, NS!Xander (+Atk/-Res)

As for me, greens haven't been hard to come by since @Infinite Dreams's PA!Inigo and @Anacybele's BH!Ike have both been rather common sights. Both have been of great help as well, may I add. Nah, it's colorless that's been the problem for me as it took awhile to reach the quota of five last round and I'm only at 3/5 currently. I'm not afraid to switch F!Corrin for Kagero if need be though.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

Assuming that you've even been getting my Ryoma at all, I can switch my rep to one of my greens to help you out there and it'd give me an excuse to show off either of my most recent acquisitions in Hector or Julia. 

Actually, I have received your Ryoma before, and @Tactician_Iris’ too. So maybe they have tweaked the algorithm a bit? Maybe they did not.

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Either would work, honestly. I’m also switching Sharena for Soren for a while.

And thanks!

Ok, I switched to Julia - mind, she's not a specific meta build but she can kick Reinhardt and B!Lyn butt in a pinch. Hope she helps^^

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Actually, I have received your Ryoma before, and @Tactician_Iris’ too. So maybe they have tweaked the algorithm a bit? Maybe they did not.

I can say that your Sharena never showed up. Must be because I still don’t have Celica or something.

Anyways, let me know if my lobster is no longer appetizing to you and I’ll switch. This offer applies to any of my other Team Corrin friends too.

Welp. Rank shot up to 3.6k on Team Ninian after that multiplier. Time to go to bed only to wake up at rank 20k because of a multiplier I'll have slept through. Oh well. Carnage continues tomorrow.

Peace.

17 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

It's amusing looking at the scores right after Team Ninian gets a multiplier.  :lol:

This is what happens when Corrin tries to stand up and go against Ninian everytime:

rz4Hc0.gif

Hm...I've gotten @Infinite Dreams's Laslow and PA!Inigo frequently, @Usana's Amelia, and Klein/Laslow from a Japanese player named サキ, I added them after an arena match with their all-5* Laslow team. 

In round 2 I got an Ike from an Alywar very frequently - but I haven't see him much this round come to think of it.

54 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I can say that your Sharena never showed up. Must be because I still don’t have Celica or something.

Anyways, let me know if my lobster is no longer appetizing to you and I’ll switch. This offer applies to any of my other Team Corrin friends too.

I think we're in the same boat, I've yet to be graced by the presence of Vaximillian's Sharena as well.

And much like you I also lack a Celica. :'(

Oh and btw, would you mind if I added you? It occurs to me we've been on the same team in past VGs (Regular Leo) but my absent mind forgot to add you back then. :S

Fff why do Ninian's multipliers always happen at such inconvenient times?? At this rate, I am never going to be able to spent my feathers effectively. I'll still chug them out ofc even if I have to do it during Corn's multiplier.

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

You're in Corrin right?

Do you still have space for my second account? I can change to a green lead to help you out :)

I think I can find a spot for another you. Yep, team Corrin it is.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I think I can find a spot for another you. Yep, team Corrin it is.

Sent the request from Shen. Have a +Spd Nino. She has Fury 2 because Bartre and no Hinata but the Res+1 SS makes sure she at least survives Reinhardt.

Let me now if you want a +Atk Cherche though!