Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Welp, I am on Team F!Corrin and spent a good 600 flags in the last hour and a half. I also have 200 left for one last match with the multiplier! Hurray for my ranking points!

Honestly, I am mostly indifferent either way since I'm mostly just in it for the feathers. A part of me would have liked to see Ninian win so we have a GBA Gauntlet winner, but another part of me wants F!Corrin to win because I am on her team and I want 500 more feathers.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Never changes.

Would you believe I meant spending 200 feathers to upgrade a 2-star unit to 3-star for fodder every round?

No?

...Yeah, I wouldn't either.

I was so careful the past few days too. I blame the heat of the final hour for messing with my mind.

I feel that characters who won a gauntlet should be disqualified from future gauntlets for a certain time period (barring things like CYL gauntlet). Of course, it would help if the game would come up with gauntlet themes that don't make them reuse old winners. Still not sure why Leo had to be in the mage gauntlet anyway, we could've had another male mage in his place. Reinhardt existed then.

I didn't want multipliers in the first place. Voting gauntlet was a bad mode to begin with.

Edited by Sunwoo

I'll just use this accidental double post to add that I'm still pretty uncaring regarding who will win, I'm just enjoying the final hour rush for points.

Edited by DefaultBeep

2 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

The multipliers are doing exactly what they were intended to do so I don't get the big fuss. Didn't you guys want closer matches?

This. Even if my team loses to an upset, it would be boring if we were guaranteed to win from the start. You don't have tension without the possibility to lose.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I thought what many people wanted was fairer matches, not necessarily closer ones.

This, this is exactly I wanted. Can't believe it took me this long to find someone to properly phrase it.

3 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

The multipliers are doing exactly what they were intended to do so I don't get the big fuss. Didn't you guys want closer matches?

While some people only wanted closer matches, I believe the general consensus was that people wanted people with "roughly" equivalent popularity.

For example (and for hyperbole), pit Sain and Kieran against each other, not Lyn and Glade.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Even if we are to just accept a 100% overlap in players who wanted closer matches and players who dislike the multiplier (and we really shouldn't),  this mindset neglects an important truth. Just because someone sees a problem it doesn't mean they have to approve of any solution put forward.

5 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Didn't you guys want closer matches?

The multiplier is less closer battles, and more holding lit matches closer to your skin. The clear light of victory ends up setting you on fire, and it takes someone trampling over you to the finish line to put it out.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

For example (and for hyperbole), pit Sain and Kieran against each other, not Lyn and Glade.

Lyn wouldn’t have stood a chance against Glade.

Putting Lucina up against characters who were nowhere near her in popularity, and putting Alfonse and Sharena in the first gauntlet in general, was kind of unfair. Camilla up against fliers who were nowhere near her in popularity was unfair. Tharja probably shouldn't have been in the same gauntlet as less popular mages, although male Robin did give her a run for her money. Elise and Ninian were never as "obvious" favorites as Lucina and Camilla in the first two gauntlets were. So it's not really the same.

It's more "don't put super obviously popular characters who will obviously win, no question, with characters who obviously have no chance against them". If a character pulls ahead in the lead without anyone really "calling" it, because it wasn't obvious, I don't have issues with that.

Edited by Sunwoo

I think people who want "fairer" matches are going to be disappointed in the end. Ninian and Corrin are both popular but Ninian (by pure voter strength) has an unbeatable lead. Lyn and Camilla are much the same. How could the devs possibly know what would be an even match? It only happens by accident, and an infrequent one at that. "fair" generally equates to "forgone conclusion".

Edited by NekoKnight

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Considering we're heading into the finals hours of the last round, this thread is surprisingly quiet.  Maybe the chaotic multiplier mechanics make people just not care anymore.

I still care just occupied for the last couple of hours, despite all the multiplier craziness, it is going to be a tight finish.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Nah, this is what the multiplier is:

How dare you accuse pre-9 Mario Party of being more luck based than the Gauntlet! At least you needed the skill to earn Coins. That which buys you the star stealer and instant star spot warp.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How dare you accuse pre-9 Mario Party of being more luck based than the Gauntlet! At least you needed the skill to earn Coins. That which buys you the star stealer and instant star spot warp.

Did you forget Chance Time?  All your coins to Wario!

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Did you forget Chance Time?  All your coins to Wario!

Got my last battle in! Final score is 902,140 and I'm left with 0 flags!

Could've contributed more earlier, but I ended up missing half of the 11AM bonus due to work and was forced to spend most of my flags on non-multiplier hours.

Quick shout out to @JSND Alter Dragon Boner's Brave Roy. I don't think I got anyone else on here for my gauntlet allies though, unfortunately. :blink:

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Nah, this is what the multiplier is:

Was waiting for someone to post this. VG ruins friendships and sleep schedules, I tell you!

19 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

I actually no longer care that much if an upset happens? I guess I somehow got jaded... that was fast.

The only reason I would be upset now is that Corrin won the 2 gauntlets she was in.... and that Leo continue to loses all the ones he's in.

I've been quiet about this because I don't want Ice Dragon or someone else to come after me, but I have been secretly rooting for our silly dragon even while being on the other team.

First two time Champion, I didn't think she had it in her, but if her team keeps going like they have she will be.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

So I finished this round with 1,156,683 points, 2,981,244 overall. No idea what rank this is; I only started spending my flags this morning in earnest.

Here goes nothing!

My numbers are - 1,649,201 and 2,989,276

Yeah, I had leftover flags from the first two rounds due to not being on during multiplier rounds. That wasn't a problem in the finals though :D.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Putting Lucina up against characters who were nowhere near her in popularity, and putting Alfonse and Sharena in the first gauntlet in general, was kind of unfair. Camilla up against fliers who were nowhere near her in popularity was unfair. Tharja probably shouldn't have been in the same gauntlet as less popular mages, although male Robin did give her a run for her money. Elise and Ninian were never as "obvious" favorites as Lucina and Camilla in the first two gauntlets were. So it's not really the same.

It's more "don't put super obviously popular characters who will obviously win, no question, with characters who obviously have no chance against them". If a character pulls ahead in the lead without anyone really "calling" it, because it wasn't obvious, I don't have issues with that.

The flier and mage gauntlets were fine, given the pool of units to choose from in Heroes at the time. And Cordelia and Minerva are among the other most popular fliers in the series and still got obliterated. I don't think anybody else from the flier selection would have fared any better against her. The mage gauntlet was also decent enough given the available choices. Who else would they have picked(who was in the game then) besides maybe Nino that would have been popular? Tharja and M Robin would have still likely come out on top.

I think Elise was an obvious favorite, but Ninian I agree was more of a surprise. I agree with your overall point, but I think those examples were fine as themed gauntlets. The only way they wouldn't have had blowouts was to not have those themes in the first place. I'd give a pass to the first gauntlet purely for being the introduction. You know they 100% knew Sharena or Alfonse weren't winning in there but did it anyway for the sake of it.

Edited by Alkaid