214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, I can say for certain now that I know Ninian has won:

I am not in the least way convinced someone on the dev side didn't modify the scores to let Ninian win.

By all means, Corrin had the upper hand coming into the last hour.

Jet flags can't melt steel feathers.

Team Ninian wins and I get plenty of feathers from multiplier since I was on Team F!Corrin, so I think I am pretty content! Congratulations to Team Ninian to holding onto their victory despite the multiplier disadvantage!

Final F!Corrin Personal Rank: 4205 (3100 Feathers // 1,342,055 Score)
Final Personal Total Rank: 25,560 (1800 Feathers // 2,147,288 Score)

Regarding the multiplier system, I am still of the mindset that it should be removed entirely (and/or another system take its place). I rather have one obvious winner with a chance that one of the matchups may be the next "Chrom vs Ephraim," or even "Ephraim vs Lucina." The reason Chrom vs Ephraim was close and amazing was because there was no multipliers and it was literally neck and neck. Then, while Ephraim vs Lucina had an obvious outcome, that did not stop the propaganda of rallying support in trying to "topple the Lucina giant."

Yes, there is some tension in the final hours of each round of "Will there be an upset?" and "Who has the multiplier?" However, this feels artificial to me. An alternative explanation is that Princes and Princesses was the first ever voting gauntlet and such an experience may never be repeated again. I would love to see another Chrom vs Ephraim match, but I haven't been invested in the Voting Gauntlet like I was for that one.

Edited by Sire

RIP anarchy. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the salt my fries need.

Anyways, finished just a bit short of 3 million overall (2,991,980) for an overall rank of 3,965 so now I can at least promote someone as a consolation.

Now begins the wait to see how IS trashes this mode even further in about a month's time.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

What the multipliers should be doing is making the less popular contestant a more attractive choice for players who are indifferent to the gauntlet's results, and the first iteration of the multiplier was the best one they've had so far.

I agree!  That 3x multiplier was great.  I dunno why they felt they needed to change it.

---

My results (Team F-Corrin):

Final Round Score: 1,210,243 - Rank 6668 

Total Score: 2,999,877 - Rank 3858

Pretty good feather haul.  :]

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I am not in the least way convinced someone on the dev side didn't modify the scores to let Ninian win.

I've been convinced there's some dev-side meddling ever since that error where Elise got points early on the official score tracker when she was against Lachesis.

3 minutes ago, Ildanach said:

She can give Ike or Marth +6 attack for arms and legs.

...Huh. Don't remember it... must not have checked recently enough. (Guy being a sticker threw me off).

Yipee! Ninian won! I may have been on Team Corrin, but that was purely because I like her and I figured her multiplier intervals would be more easily accessed by me.

Final Rank in Army -1,395

Final Total Rank - 4,010

Not bad

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Looks like I'll have 881,122 points for this round with F!Corrin, and 2,867,014 cumulative. Looks good for ranking & feathers! I'm hoping that's sufficient to make the 1k-5k overall.

So, did anyone on Team Corrin get my Adult Tiki? I mostly got @LordFrigid's Caeda who was a lot of fun, along with @Lord-Zero's Eliwood, and a +6 Amelia from someone with the screen name of Grimoire (my apologies for not remembering who that is!).

I was getting a lot of Adult Tiki's these last couple hours. Sadly I don't recall all the names associated with them. And that would be my Amelia :D. By far my highest merged 5*.

Congrats team Ninian.  I'm glad the multiplier didn't screw over this round, but at the same time part of me wanted to see an upset to show that this multiplier is a dumb mechanic.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, I can say for certain now that I know Ninian has won:

To prevent a player revolt like Mass Effect or just because they like Ninian?  Corrin underperforming by such a large number is pretty suspicious.

13 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Looks like I'll have 881,122 points for this round with F!Corrin, and 2,867,014 cumulative. Looks good for ranking & feathers! I'm hoping that's sufficient to make the 1k-5k overall.

So, did anyone on Team Corrin get my Adult Tiki? I mostly got @LordFrigid's Caeda who was a lot of fun, along with @Lord-Zero's Eliwood, and a +6 Amelia from someone with the screen name of Grimoire (my apologies for not remembering who that is!).

I got your Tiki! She was nice to have!

Also whoa I'm in the top 5000 for Ninian! And rank 6000 for Corrin which isn't too bad.

Overall ranking was better in my second account with the Corrins (9691) while Ninian account was 30,000, so it was better overall to have more multipliers in the losing team.

Round 1: 2,500 + 500 (A!Tiki)
Round 2: 2,100
Round 3: 3,000 + 2,700 (F!Corrin)

Total Feathers: 10,800
Total Score: 3,404,382 (Rank 324)

Not bad.  I got greedy in the last round and had to spend 400 flags on a non-bonus, which really tanked my army score.  Oh well.

Shout outs to these three friends on my roster who carried all my matches:

dJfZDpw.png

qsnXAlm.png

uoRtOUj.png

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

To prevent a player revolt like Mass Effect or just because they like Ninian?  Corrin underperforming by such a large number is pretty suspicious.

As someone with only a vague idea about what that game is, might I enquire as to the context of this revolt?

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, it was very much a surprise. The first 44 hours of this round meant absolutely nothing. The only thing that mattered was if Team Ninian could beat Team Corrin on the last hour, which was entirely up in the air based on trends from previous performance.

I just looked at the numbers and I guess you're right. Corrin gained less point in her last multiplier than in the one right before, but she would have beaten out Ninian if she had equaled her 10-11 performance.

First multiplier-bashing, now conspiracy theories? What will VG bring to the table next?

No but seriously, does anyone on Team Corrin know what happened with the last multiplier? Or was it really dev meddling? Both teams underperformed, but Corrin significantly more...

3 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I agree!  That 3x multiplier was great.  I dunno why they felt they needed to change it.

Because curbstomps were still happening. 

The lesser popular character would get obliterated regardless. It was a weak multiplier. 

2 minutes ago, Usana said:

Yipee! Ninian won! I may have been on Team Corrin, but that was purely because I like her and I figured her multiplier intervals would be more easily accessed by me.

Final Rank in Army -1,395

Final Total Rank - 4,010

Not bad

I was getting a lot of Adult Tiki's these last couple hours. Sadly I don't recall all the names associated with them. And that would be my Amelia :D. By far my highest merged 5*.

Your Amelia is amazing! Thanks for letting us use her! :D If any of the Adult Tikis were mine, hope she did well for you!

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

I got your Tiki! She was nice to have!

Also whoa I'm in the top 5000 for Ninian! And rank 6000 for Corrin which isn't too bad.

Overall ranking was better in my second account with the Corrins (9691) while Ninian account was 30,000, so it was better overall to have more multipliers in the losing team.

Excellent! Glad she was good for you!

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

As someone with only a vague idea about what that game is, might I enquire as to the context of this revolt?

If I remember correctly, Mass Effect 3 had 3 different endings where the only difference was the color of a laser. People were unhappy.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Mass Effect 3 and 3 crappy color coded endings that the player base hated, so they had to release a new ending.

I managed to get over 3 million points overall for some decent feathers.

2 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

First multiplier-bashing, now conspiracy theories? What will VG bring to the table next?

No but seriously, does anyone on Team Corrin know what happened with the last multiplier? Or was it really dev meddling? Both teams underperformed, but Corrin significantly more...

Russian hackers.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Either dev meddling to reduce salt or everyone ran out of flags. I think the flag thing contributed a lot because there was little to no chance for F!Corrin to get the 7.5x multiplier according to predictions so everyone went ham beforehand and ran out in the end. I managed to get the 7.5x due to a miscalculation on my part because I was meant to ran out of flags on the 7.4x.

4 minutes ago, Sire said:

Regarding the multiplier system, I am still of the mindset that it should be removed entirely (and/or another system take its place). I rather have one obvious winner with a chance that one of the matchups may be the next "Chrom vs Ephraim," or even "Ephraim vs Lucina." The reason Chrom vs Ephraim was close and amazing was because there was no multipliers and it was literally neck and neck. Then, while Ephraim vs Lucina had an obvious outcome, that did not stop the propaganda of rallying support in trying to "topple the Lucina giant."

Yes, there is some tension in the final hours of each round of "Will there be an upset?" and "Who has the multiplier?" However, this feels artificial to me. An alternative explanation is that Princes and Princesses was the first ever voting gauntlet and such an experience may never be repeated again. I would love to see another Chrom vs Ephraim match, but I haven't been invested in the Voting Gauntlet like I was for that one.

Agreed, it just feels all luck based now in how it can just go either way. Camilla had the multiplier and managed to win against Lyn someone more popular in CYL while Corrin had the multiplier and is more popular in CYL than Ninian. Ephraim's victory is always going to feel like it was well deserved through and through.