Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Nice, rank 22,174 for this round, and a total rank of 22,640. I'm perfectly fine with that, it's still over 4,000 feathers after all.

@Rafiel's Aria's Merric was by far the star of most of my matches, he showed up in more than half of them for sure. I also had @Eleanore's Soren pretty often, as well as an Ike from someone with the name Matt in Heroes; I know he's a member here, but I can't remember his username, so if he's reading this thread, thank you! Your Ike was a lot of help as well.

Dishonorable mention goes to @mcsilas because the account that's in my Friend List was the one that joined Female Corrin. Thanks for taunting me with Delthea before ripping her away.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing matters little to me ever since I refused to be bathed with the blessings of Eliwood's eyes. At the very least, plenty of feathers surround me this time.

Even after through that multipliers, we still couldn't prevail. Congrats to Team Ninian!

2 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

I am still not too sure on how to make VG fair....maybe add a low multiplier such as ×0.5 to stronger group?

Cause it is still voting, meaning there will be upsets.

Probably better prizes for the underdog team. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

@Astellius, @Vaximillian

I’m happy Caeda was useful to you guys =) . I got both Tiki and Sharena a couple times, and they were both very handy! Here’s hoping we find each other on the same side in the future.

~

Nice effort all, that was a real nail-biter at the end there...we almost pulled it off.

Edited by LordFrigid

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

That just emphasizes the current situation: going to the underdog team because lolfeathers.

The current issue is that siding with the juggernaut/more popular team has no benefits: Ranking is harder both team-wise and cumulative due to the lack of multipliers and more people on the team. And there runs the risk of not even earning the 500 victory feathers. First round of this gauntlet, I had a good chance of walking away with only 500 feathers because of the multiplier swinging in Fae's favor.

If anything, there needs to be more rewards for popular teams that get screwed over by the multiplier, as those are the people that lose out most.

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Because curbstomps were still happening. 

The lesser popular character would get obliterated regardless. It was a weak multiplier. 

I guess so.  I just really liked it because it meant I could go all out any time a multiplier came up & not have to worry about bigger ones happening later.  :P: 

Also, your Eliwood was awesome, by the way!  :^_^:  I got him pretty frequently.  In the final round, my game changed who it wanted to fixate on, haha.  I mainly got the Soren and Hector of some people who aren't on SF (at least I don't think they are), your Eliwood, and @Astellius's Tiki.  They were all great.  Thumbs up!

Edited by Infinite Dreams

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

To prevent a player revolt like Mass Effect or just because they like Ninian?  Corrin underperforming by such a large number is pretty suspicious.

To prevent a player revolt.

Considering past trends, the last hour doesn't typically underperform by 15%. I don't mean to start a conspiracy theory, but this result just doesn't sit well with me.

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Because curbstomps were still happening. 

The lesser popular character would get obliterated regardless. It was a weak multiplier. 

Curb stomps are preferable to the train wreck of a game mode we now have.

I don't see anything wrong with the more popular character winning and the less popular character losing in a popularity contest. What the multiplier does right is prevent bandwagoning onto the favorite to produce a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The current Ninian v. Corrin match was about close to the literal coin flip analogy as you can possibly get. The projected scores based on performance trends were so close coming into the last hour that the result was literally left up to chance as to if each team had enough flags remaining to pull out a victory. The fact that Ninian won this Gauntlet was sheer dumb luck.

It's dumb. It's uninteresting. It's not exciting in the least.

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

So, I can say for certain now that I know Ninian has won:

I am not in the least way convinced someone on the dev side didn't modify the scores to let Ninian win.

By all means, Corrin had the upper hand coming into the last hour.

I hesitate in echoing this since it may come across as raining on somebody's happy parade rn - fwiw, that's certainly not my intention.

But I agree that I'm also a bit wary on the numbers - something feels very off about that drop, if there was any hour to save flags for it was the last, and everyone knows this since it's the one that has the highest multiplier. The umderdog team in particular knows that everything hinges on the last hour - and correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall any VG where the last hour had a drop of that scale.

Something else that caught my attention was how quickly the results were calculated this time, since they usually take about 5-8 mins to calculate don't they? Yet, they finished calculating at 06:03 this time. Idk the coincidence just feels uneasy I suppose? :S

8 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

That just emphasizes the current situation: going to the underdog team because lolfeathers.

The current issue is that siding with the juggernaut/more popular team has no benefits: Ranking is harder both team-wise and cumulative due to the lack of multipliers and more people on the team. And there runs the risk of not even earning the 500 victory feathers. First round of this gauntlet, I had a good chance of walking away with only 500 feathers because of the multiplier swinging in Fae's favor.

Maybe some kind of consolation prize like badges according to rank within the losing army. With Sacred Seal upgrades being a thing now, badges would be most welcome. 

@Infinite DreamsThank you. It's nice to know that he was useful to you and the others. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

To prevent a player revolt.

Considering past trends, the last hour doesn't typically underperform by 15%. I don't mean to start a conspiracy theory, but this result just doesn't sit well with me.

Then I will.

OdL4uv5.png

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Maybe some kind of consolation prize like badges according to rank within the losing army. With Sacred Seal upgrades being a thing now, badges would be most welcome. 

Exchange badges with sacred coins (or a combination of both) and it would feel like a fine consolidation for the game mechanics weirdness. There will still be salt, but hopefully in diminished amounts.

3 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Then I will.

OdL4uv5.png

Wow, that happened? It's kind of dumb too because the close match of the game was with Elise and Priscilla. Lachesis didn't really pose too much of a threat IIRC. Unless this is proof IS tilted Elise v. Priscilla too

*Puts on tin foil hat*

15 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

What was the last hour performance like in past voting gauntlets?  I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of players in the eastern and central US time zones just didn't bother to stay up for the last hour.

It's Saturday, so if anything, you'd expect more people to be up.

18 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

I am still not too sure on how to make VG fair....maybe add a low multiplier such as ×0.5 to stronger group?

Cause it is still voting, meaning there will be upsets.

16 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

13 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

If anything, there needs to be more rewards for popular teams that get screwed over by the multiplier, as those are the people that lose out most.

The idea is there shouldn't be popular teams that get screwed over by the multiplier.

The victory feathers are fair. I did some calculations previously, and the amount of feathers received for victory is more or less on par with the amount of feathers you lose from ranking. This means that the more popular team losing the round is basically kicking someone when they're down. It's dumb and uncalled for. It's also just a giant middle finger to more than half of the players in that round. You don't go about getting good press by intentionally pissing off more than half of the people playing.

My personal thoughts are to have the multiplier start at 0.1 for the first hour and increase to 4.5 for the last hour. This prevents the initial yo-yo and therefore softens the blow of not being awake for the beginning of the round. The advantage threshold remains at 10%.

The underdog shouldn't win a popularity contest unless it's a close match, in which case, they're no longer an underdog.

Edited by Ice Dragon