Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: The Blood of Dragons!  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah for Team Ninian! Tons of feathers for me and more love for Elibe. Well done to Team Corrin, you really had us on the ropes.

On 10/15/2017 at 1:11 PM, Korath88 said:

TBH, this was the most epic finish to any gauntlet thus far. Literally taking everything down to the wire, then pulling an unexpected victory against all odds.

This completely. This is my personal Chrom vs Ephraim part two.

On 10/15/2017 at 1:16 PM, Rezzy said:

Congrats team Ninian.  I'm glad the multiplier didn't screw over this round, but at the same time part of me wanted to see an upset to show that this multiplier is a dumb mechanic.

So we have a match where the ending was very close, and yet the more popular character won. This is literally what everyone hopes a VG match will be. But let's complain about it!

On 10/15/2017 at 1:33 PM, Ice Dragon said:

To prevent a player revolt.

Considering past trends, the last hour doesn't typically underperform by 15%. I don't mean to start a conspiracy theory, but this result just doesn't sit well with me.

Too late. People can't even be happy with a narrow victory and have to assume meddling.

Edited by NekoKnight

3 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Yeah, that was a strange occurrence. Did that cause Lachesis to get the multiplier in the very first hour?

It was just on the tracker.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Wow, that happened? It's kind of dumb too because the close match of the game was with Elise and Priscilla. Lachesis didn't really pose too much of a threat IIRC. Unless this is proof IS tilted Elise v. Priscilla too

*Puts on tin foil hat*

This is a small tilt to ensure a contest that was basically already skewed in Elise's favour regardless, but... it's a sign they're able to, and potentially willing to, engage in foul play.

Sideshow Bob rigged an election he probably could've gotten 100% popularity on.

17 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

@Rafiel's Aria's Merric was by far the star of most of my matches, he showed up in more than half of them for sure.

I'm super glad that you got a chance to use him! :3 Hopefully he only gets better from here on out. 

This VG was weird. I just didn't get as many "friend" allies. More often than not, it was my Matthew buddy. Dang. 45 DEF Matthew is SCARY. I also got a Matt's Ike a couple of times, but IDK who that is here. XD

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Curb stomps are preferable to the train wreck of a game mode we now have.

I don't see anything wrong with the more popular character winning and the less popular character losing in a popularity contest. What the multiplier does right is prevent bandwagoning onto the favorite to produce a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The current Ninian v. Corrin match was about close to the literal coin flip analogy as you can possibly get. The projected scores based on performance trends were so close coming into the last hour that the result was literally left up to chance as to if each team had enough flags remaining to pull out a victory. The fact that Ninian won this Gauntlet was sheer dumb luck.

It's dumb. It's uninteresting. It's not exciting in the least.

And I'll disagree with you on that. 

Curbstomps were boring and it meant hopelessness for the "underdog" team. No reason to even bother playing since there was no hope at all. Just playing it safe on the "winning" team and then collect feathers for doing pretty much nothing. 

It's dumb and uninteresting to the dedicated fanbase but it creates bigger participation of the casual crowd which is where the majority of the players are. 

This stopped being a popularity contest a while ago. 

Just now, NekoKnight said:

Too late. People can't even be happy with a narrow victory and have to assume meddling.

I'm not happy winning a narrow victory when it looks like 15% of the opposing team got violently ill from definitely not intentional food poisoning and were unable to participate.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

I'm not happy winning a narrow victory when it looks like 15% of the opposing team got violently ill from definitely not intentional food poisoning and were unable to participate.

But seriously, what happened to Dorcas?

Even if we decide to pull out all the tinfoil and assume there was foul play, I'm okay with it. Ninian was the more popular character and she won. Everyone go home and have a good day.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

And I'll disagree with you on that. 

Curbstomps were boring and it meant hopelessness for the "underdog" team. No reason to even bother playing since there was no hope at all. Just playing it safe on the "winning" team and then collect feathers for doing pretty much nothing. 

It's dumb and uninteresting to the dedicated fanbase but it creates bigger participation of the casual crowd which is where the majority of the players are. 

Much agreed

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Russian hackers put poison in their muttons. 

38 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

We can say that Ninian has avenged Lyn... by winning against the very girl whom Camilla considers very precious.

Yeah, nothing against Corrin, but the fact that Camilla's probably upset by these results makes it doubly satisfying.

Oh, and 13,106th in Ninian's army, and 72,050th overall.

30 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Agreed, it just feels all luck based now in how it can just go either way. Camilla had the multiplier and managed to win against Lyn someone more popular in CYL while Corrin had the multiplier and is more popular in CYL than Ninian. Ephraim's victory is always going to feel like it was well deserved through and through.

I think "more popular in CYL" is less telling than people think.  I mean, how many votes were you allowed to cast?  If people are only voting for their first favorites, it doesn't help you figure out who they will vote for if their first favorite is removed (e.g. when you just pull two characters from the pile and pit them against each other).

Just now, JJ48 said:

Yeah, nothing against Corrin, but the fact that Camilla's probably upset by these results makes it doubly satisfying.

What probably makes it even better is that Ninian defeated both genders of Corrin in a single gauntlet, just to add salt to the wound.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, and 13,106th in Ninian's army, and 72,050th overall.

I think "more popular in CYL" is less telling than people think.  I mean, how many votes were you allowed to cast?  If people are only voting for their first favorites, it doesn't help you figure out who they will vote for if their first favorite is removed (e.g. when you just pull two characters from the pile and pit them against each other).

I'm aware of that hence why I don't fully agree with Roy's position (smash Roy fans who never played his game), but I will at the very least say the CYL rankings gave somewhere of a indication of how popular the characters are throughout the series and where they stand so they still shouldn't be dismissed just like that.

1 minute ago, Roflolxp54 said:

What probably makes it even better is that Ninian defeated both genders of Corrin in a single gauntlet, just to add salt to the wound.

Hah, that's pretty amusing actually. This gauntlet had two characters who lost twice in the same gauntlet, and one of those characters was defeated twice by the same person. Double kill!

You know... I just realised something terrifying about the conspiracy.

If they tampered with this result, that's fine. If they tampered with other results, that's interesting. But if their tampering caused the Camilla upset... people went doxxing as a result of that. Imagine the backlash.

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

This VG was weird. I just didn't get as many "friend" allies. More often than not, it was my Matthew buddy. Dang. 45 DEF Matthew is SCARY. I also got a Matt's Ike a couple of times, but IDK who that is here. XD

This post was confusing to read at first since my actual name is Matthew. I never knew I was such a defensive person.

I know I added him in the CYL Gauntlet, but I don't think I've seen him anywhere on the forums since then. I hope he's at least been reading this thread so he knows he was helpful to some people.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

CYL popularity is especially outdated considering some units have become much more popular thanks to Heroes. Seriously, how low was Reinhardt on that poll again? I can guarantee he'd have a very strong following if he was put in a Gauntlet today. Ninian has gained a lot of notability thanks to being one of the few Dancers in Heroes, while Corrin has probably kept about the same amount of popularity she's always had.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Curb stomps result in a greater number of multipliers for the smaller team, which gives them a much better shot at a higher ranking and more feathers overall. The larger team has a lower cap to the number of feathers that can be obtained.

The smaller team has no hope of winning, but you have everything to gain from actually participating in that team.

6 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Can I have the numbers on that?

I'm under the impression that casual players are more indifferent to the existence of multipliers than you seem to think they are. This is a game to play in one's free time, and if you're not going to be invested in it, you're not going to be invested in it.

10 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

That doesn't mean it shouldn't try to be a popularity contest.

Just because a computer turned into a brick doesn't mean you shouldn't try to fix it and turn it back into a computer again.

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

The mechanics of CYL isn't why CYL is a bad indicator of character popularity. The reason CYL is a bad indicator is because CYL was before this game was released, and this game improved the popularity (or at least the renown) of a lot of characters that weren't previously well known to the casual crowd.

Oh, the favorite character won? I'm shocked. Gratz or whatever. Next time have a gauntlet to answer "Who is the best FEH unit?" Reinhardt against Odin, Matthew, Lucius, Jagen, Stahl, Fir and Wrys. Jagen is obviously in the banner with Reinhardt to screw up the blue focus. That will be quite a blast of a gauntlet.

Anyways, as a feather hunter I'm actually also shocked. Rank 23 in general and 500+ in Corrin's team. Didn't think I'd make it to the top, considering I almost never paid any attention the first day of any round and only played attentively during the last couple of bonus hours. Really helpful in order to not waste too much time on the mode.

5 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Corrin double eliminated Tiki, and Ninian double eliminated Corrin. What a gauntlet.

Ranked 2.8k in team Ninian (caught the last 4 multipliers) and 13k cumulative.

1 minute ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Oh, the favorite character won? I'm shocked. Gratz or whatever.

I'm not sure you realize how close this round actually was. But you probably weren't paying attention to the score.

I will be the first to tell you that I don't appreciate your sarcasm.

14 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That implies that all of us Team F!Corrin care that we lost as we should've. We had no business winning to begin with so Ninian can have this win.

Though as far as I'm concerned, there aren't any winners in the Voting Gauntlet anymore since it's nothing more than a luck-based sham now. There are just people who lose less just like in Mario Party.

Edited by Tybrosion

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

That implies that all of us Team F!Corrin care that we lost as we should've. We had no business winning to begin with so Ninian can have this win.

Though as far as I'm concerned, there aren't any winners in the Voting Gauntlet anymore since it's nothing more than a luck-based sham now. There are just people who lose less just like Mario Party.

Yeah, the real winners are those who made bank in feathers (11.4K feathers while on Team Ninian from start to finish).

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Team Corrin probably just ran out of flags (I saved for the 7.5x), which explains the surge at 7.4x but huge drop at 7.5x.

I wasn't really particularly invested in this, but it does kinda sting to see so much hate for Corrin crop up lol.