Fire Emblem Warriors sells almost 60k units in its first week

Thane

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That IS pretty solid! In fact, I think it's better than what HW did, which was kind of expected, but still good to hear. Because if it DIDN'T do better than HW, that'd be a problem. Zelda isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the west and the Wii U was a failing console while the Switch isn't. Plus, FEW has two different versions as opposed to HW's lone Wii U version (Legends was a separate release that came much later).

Great great! This is a real good sign! I hope the sales don't stop increasing, so those who don't get their favourite characters from other games than SD, Awakening and Fates (I still want ma' boi Roy, among other characters, from these three games and from the other games :v) will get the second installment of the game with new represented games!

Good luck, FEW, you're doing your best!

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That IS pretty solid! In fact, I think it's better than what HW did, which was kind of expected, but still good to hear. Because if it DIDN'T do better than HW, that'd be a problem. Zelda isn't as popular in Japan as it is in the west and the Wii U was a failing console while the Switch isn't. Plus, FEW has two different versions as opposed to HW's lone Wii U version (Legends was a separate release that came much later).

It didn't do better than Hyrule to my knowledge but it did do better than Berserk, All-Stars, and Spirit of Sanada. For it's first week it is doing better than Musou games tend to do. 

2 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

It didn't do better than Hyrule to my knowledge but it did do better than Berserk, All-Stars, and Spirit of Sanada. For it's first week it is doing better than Musou games tend to do. 

Actually, HW only did 55,000 in its first week in Japan, from my knowledge. FEW's totals for the week are 59,000.

49 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Isn't Zelda still the top franchise after Mario and maybe Pokemon for Japan?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, HW only did 55,000 in its first week in Japan, from my knowledge. FEW's totals for the week are 59,000.

Well then I'm corrected. Either way it is better than most Warriors (outside of One Piece and Dragon Quest). 

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm pretty sure Pokémon is the most popular now

Edited by Nym

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Doesn't seem so, no. Zelda doesn't sell nearly as well there as it does in the west. Zelda is only a top 3 for Nintendo because of the west as far as I can tell since it sells like crazy here.

2 minutes ago, Fireball260 said:

Well then I'm corrected. Either way it is better than most Warriors (outside of One Piece and Dragon Quest). 

Yeah, even that is good to know!

These sales numbers are par for the course considering the franchise, I guess. Although I wonder if they'll be enough to warrant that hypothetical sequel the devs kept mentioning even before the game launched.

I suppose international sales will play a big role on that - we'll see.

21 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Hyrule Warriors is reported to have sold 69.090 copies during its first week in Japan. 

Source.

18 minutes ago, Thane said:

Hyrule Warriors is reported to have sold 69.090 copies during its first week in Japan. 

Source.

That's not what someone posted in the Warriors Discord chat. Your source must be wrong. There was a source posted in the chat too that said differently. And it wasn't VGChartz, just to point out.

But if you're actually right, then it looks like this game is sadly a failure. Probably because of the roster.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

Way to ignore the rest of my post.

I didn't; when I replied, you hadn't finished editing your post. My question remains though: why would Siliconera be wrong and the chap on Discord correct? Can you link the source they used?

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

I didn't; when I replied, you hadn't finished editing your post. My question remains though: why would Siliconera be wrong and the chap on Discord correct? Can you link the source they used?

Oh, sorry. And I would, but it's been buried in the chat by now, unfortunately.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

You only say that because you're a Pokemon.

:P

Jokes aside, to add to what @Anacybele said: there's also the fact that after SS, there wasn't that many incredible games before Breath of the wild.

ALBW was a nice game, but it wasn't anything that special or incredible. Just a game with a wall paint mechanic with a different way to get items that is also a ''remake'' of an older game.

Then there's Trifoce Heroes who is just a co-op game so yea...

Edited by Nym

Just now, Anacybele said:

Oh, sorry. And I would, but it's been buried in the chat by now, unfortunately.

Well, here's Nintendolife reporting the same thing.

They're all referencing Media Create, which is the same source used for the Fire Emblem Warriors' sales that we're discussing right now. In fact, the Gematsu article from 2014 - that is, from the same website I used now for Fire Emblem Warriors' sales - also reported that Hyrule Warriors sold 69.090 copies. 

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Well, here's Nintendolife reporting the same thing.

They're all referencing Media Create, which is the same source used for the Fire Emblem Warriors' sales that we're discussing right now. In fact, the Gematsu article from 2014 - that is, from the same website I used now for Fire Emblem Warriors' sales - also reported that Hyrule Warriors sold 69.090 copies. 

That's very weird then.

But if these are accurate, FEW is sadly a failure, it seems (it can't do better than a less popular series in Japan?). But I suppose it's not surprising given the crappy roster.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

That's not what someone posted in the Warriors Discord chat. Your source must be wrong. There was a source posted in the chat too that said differently. And it wasn't VGChartz, just to point out.

But if you're actually right, then it looks like this game is sadly a failure. Probably because of the roster.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Way to ignore the rest of my post.

Ana... You're giving off the hostile vibe.

Assuming someone's source is wrong when he provides supplementary links while assuming a source on the Serenes discord chat you can't confirm isn't very logical.

Just now, Lau said:

@Anacybele Why on earth are you saying it's a failure? These are solid numbers for a Warriors game, yeesh. It's only the first week, and it hasn't come out in the west yet. Give it a chance.

Because it isn't selling as well as HW of all games did in Japan. Zelda is not as popular in Japan as FE is, I think. So I would think an FEW should sell better than a Zelda Warriors one.