Fire Emblem Warriors sells almost 60k units in its first week

Thane

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Because it isn't selling as well as HW of all games did in Japan. Zelda is not as popular in Japan as FE is, I think. So I would think an FEW should sell better than a Zelda Warriors one.

This all off numbers you think they should be.

Do you not remember your statement about the Dancer banner that went viral?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it isn't selling as well as HW of all games did in Japan. Zelda is not as popular in Japan as FE is, I think. So I would think an FEW should sell better than a Zelda Warriors one.

It's doing pretty solid by Musou game standards. That's hardly what people would call a failure.

5 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

This all off numbers you think they should be.

Do you not remember your statement about the Dancer banner that went viral?

Except that has nothing to do with this? And it only went "viral" because YOU decided to post it on Twitter to laugh at me behind my back. Yes, I know what you did. The only reason I never said anything about it until now was because I didn't want to make more trouble/stress for myself and because I'm very tired of clashing with you and letting you piss me off.

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

It's doing pretty solid by Musou game standards. That's hardly what people would call a failure.

Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't agree right now. Maybe I'll change my mind in the future though, who knows.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, I'm sorry, but I just can't agree right now. Maybe I"ll change my mind in the future though, who knows.

Musou game sales are frontloaded + It's selling well by Musou game standards in the first week = It's pretty much not a flop.

Do Warriors games have long legs? Or are these games made with tiny budgets? 

Because from an FE perspective, those look like Tellius numbers. And by pretty much all accounts for the franchise, Tellius was a flop. 

Edited by Slumber

6 minutes ago, Slumber said:

Do Warriors games have long legs? Or are these games made with tiny budgets? 

Because from an FE perspective, those look like Tellius numbers. And by pretty much all accounts for the franchise, Tellius was a flop. 

This has had better launch sales than the last 3 Warriors games and Koei was satisfied with 2 those sales (Not sure what their outlook was on Berserk so I don't count it) 

53 minutes ago, Folt said:

Musou game sales are frontloaded + It's selling well by Musou game standards in the first week = It's pretty much not a flop.

Ok, she just said trying to convince her more wasn't going to work, so you're going to try and throw one last attempt at saying you were right? I'm confused by this logic. Are you trying to make it look like you somehow won an argument? And no, I'm not trying to be rude, I'm genuinely curious as to what you thought it would accomplish to respond to that particular sentence with your particular response.

On Topic, that sounds pretty much like the guarantee of that sequel they kept talking about as though it were a given…are we as a fanbase really that predictable? I'm trying to think of another game where everyone was pissed off at something as opposed to half the people being pissed off at everything yet we all still bought it.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Except that has nothing to do with this? And it only went "viral" because YOU decided to post it on Twitter to laugh at me behind my back. Yes, I know what you did. The only reason I never said anything about it until now was because I didn't want to make more trouble/stress for myself and because I'm very tired of clashing with you and letting you piss me off.

Ana, I post about serenes all the time on my Twitter.

The only reason you went viral in the FE community is you mock first, ask questions later without ever stopping to consider that you are speaking for more than just yourself.

You never stop and think about how others feel first. You are always the first to bring up things in order hammer it down that you don't like something.

For example: You literally brought up "because of the roster" because it is your opinion that it "failed". You always have to bring it up everywhere you go as if EVERYONE has to know you're dissatisfied about it.

That's why it went viral. I mock my friends. I mock myself. I mock the admin of this forum on that Twitter. Don't attempt to make yourself feel special in that regard like I have some beef with you.

You're making blanket statements for more than just yourself. And you're doing it here.

You were pissed off at a banner. A literal banner of characters. If that thing did that... Then me pissing you off via criticism isn't any fault of mine.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

You never stop and think about how others feel first.

Excuse me? I DO care about how others feel. You just can't force me to be happy about something I don't like just because others like it.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Actually, generally speaking, the two are about the same popularity in Japan, as far as I can tell (from a quick Google search).  FE didn't really take off until Awakening and Fates, while Zelda consistently sells.

In 2015, Fates apparently only sold about 100k more than Majora's Mask 3d, and Fates had 2 different versions to boost its numbers (source is https://kotaku.com/the-biggest-selling-games-in-japan-of-2015-1751536748, which comes from Famitsu).  There's also other factors to consider, such as Musou games in general becoming less popular in Japan than they used to be, and gaming in Japan shifting more towards mobile.

Claiming it's a failure at the moment is unwarranted, and blaming it on the roster is short sighted.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There's also other factors to consider, such as Musou games in general becoming less popular in Japan than they used to be, and gaming in Japan shifting more towards mobile.

I hope this doesn't hurt Nintendo in the long run. I very much prefer console/handheld console gaming to mobile gaming...

I just hope FEW does well enough to get a sequel.

Edited by Anacybele

I hope this doesn't hurt Nintendo in the long run. I very much prefer console/handheld console gaming to mobile gaming...

I just hope FEW does well enough to get a sequel.

Oh definitely. If we get a sequel, we're bound to get even more characters into the roster, especially ones that are more liked, like Hector. Yeah, just destroy everyone with his axe. 

> People here say almost 60k is good

> People on GameFAQs say that it's a flop

Which is it?

In all seriousness, I'm glad we at least have an actual number instead of that dubious percentage from last week.  I just wish I myself could discern whether ~60k units sold is a good thing or not in Japan.

Okay-ish sales, but still underwhelming and likely disappointing for Nintendo. Judgment will have to be held until it releases in the rest of the world, but it's not off to a great start.

Also, to clear up some misconceptions, Zelda still sells more in Japan than FE does, despite the common "Zelda is not popular in Japan" sentiment I see going around.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which is it?

In all seriousness, I'm glad we at least have an actual number instead of that dubious percentage from last week.  I just wish I myself could discern whether ~60k units sold is a good thing or not in Japan.

For a Musou game that is better. As far a GFAQS well it's GFAQS, several of the people their don't really know anything about Musou games. While I won't say the sales are ground breaking they are above average for Musou games. 

13 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Nah, I'm pretty sure Dragon Quest beats it. The Japanese love that game

Dragon Quest isn't Nintendo, though.  I meant Nintendo franchises.

20 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

Which is it?

There's your answer.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

I'm hearing a LOT of mixed opinions on whether FE Warriors is selling well or not. Some say its good, others say its bad. 

Average. Not spectacular, not anywhere near flop level either.

Also, keep in mind that sales being good for a musou game is damning by faint praise. Nintendo likely set expectations to be on par with HW, so underperforming that threshold is not good.

Because it released on both Switch and 3DS at the same time, it also likely needs more sales than HW's initial expectations too.

Bear in mind that HW (a Wii U game) sold more than FEW (a Switch and 3DS game). I wouldn't call FEW a flop, but it's definitely below what was likely expected. 

Do correct me if I'm wrong, but HW includes quite a few Ocarina of Time characters and from what I've understood, Zelda's sales started to go downhill in Japan when Majora's Mask was published. So, it would kind of make sense that the japanese gamers would gravitate towards it for that reason.

As for Fire Emblem Warriors's sales figures, I really have no idea how good/bad it is.