What are you doing with your feathers?

NekoKnight

I'm almost back to 20k after having just spent 40k a couple days ago to promote my 4* Mae and give her Blarblade+.

I don't have much else in my barracks of interest to promote after her, I don't care about the upcoming GHB(unless he's OP), and I probably won't do more pulling for the rest of the month since I'm done with the PA banner and am holding out for possible Halloween. I could start saving feathers again, but I might just start promoting and merging Cordelias into my main one. Getting merges on her would help my arena score on weeks like this when my bonus unit is of low point value (Azura).

Edited by Alkaid

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do promote some from 3-4* for skills.

The majority, though, I'm using on my ongoing goal to get every 3-4* unit promoted to 5*. I've focussed on the guys, and have made a very good headway. The starters are all done, and Nino's just been completed on the girl's side... plus a Gwendy I promoted a while back when I needed the stronger armour for the very first quest.

Not sure who I'll do next. Still got the likes of Laslow and Matthew... or can do Cecilia and Legion. Depends which 5*'s I have to train as I like to train them in a team. So far, likely not gonna promote a red or a colourless next, since Y!Tiki and Jaffar need levelling ^.^

I've 34k right now. Currently promoting my core arena team for merges but I ran out of Nino/Nowi/Erika so I'm waiting to get more of them. I'm also might promote a GHB up unit depending on who we get.

I tend to have like no feathers because I'm currently on a quest to create a +10 Soren and a +10 Titania and most I pull of them are 4*. Plus I occasionally 5* other units to give those two skills I want them to have. So yeah, by the time I have 20k feathers again I usually have another 4* Titania/Soren I need to upgrade.

Currently stockpiling them. At 59k, I would of been at about 79k, but used 20k on the Black Knight to merge him. I am just stockpiling them though, so I can use them in bulk when I really need to. Its also partly for Arvis, if we get him this month.

I have ... 129,000 feathers? Something like that... And what I'm going to do with them?

Well, for start, I'm going to update another Oboro (speedy Oboro +Spd), and I want to update the 4*BK to give his A skill to a new Oboro! When I summon another Oboro that have +Def or +Atk and not -Atk.

After that... Mmmm, I want to update the +Atk Reinhard to merge with my +Res...

And that's all, the rest of the feathers? Idk... Gonna use them when a new character I want to update make an appearance

I spend them all as soon as I get over 20k.  Sometimes I'll promote a 4* for skills along the way.

I'm satisfied with my current collection of 5-stars, so I've been alternating adding merges to my arena team members and Laslow.

Edited by Infinite Dreams

I'm not super into skill inheritance; I wouldn't go out of my way for them so promoting people to 5 star just to slaughter them for skills isn't something I do (although Gronnblade+ Cecilia is starting to appeal to me). Personally I just want 5 stars to have and sometimes summons are not cooperating so there for I do it myself. 

I still have a significant amount of characters that I want to promote to 5*, as well as plenty of 5* locked weapons and skills that I still need to pass on to various characters. It will be a looong time before I stockpile any feathers.

Recently, my biggest feather sink was promoting 10 Nino's to 5* to +10 her.

Aside from that, I'm currently at 30k and I'm probably finally going to Alfonse to 5*. Next to promotion will most likely going to be Sharena and Anna. After I'm finally done getting the starter trio to 5*, I'm either start saving them for no good reason or spend 40k to give LaD3 and a Firesweep Lance+ to Cordelia.

At the moment I gather all the feathers for Sheena/Tiki merges.
But if there is a Unit I like to use, I also use feathers for them.
I try not to use feathers for gathering skills with 4 star units.

Still broke and needing more feathers as I always spend mine whenever I reach 20k. I'm still promoting "optimized" units for the sake of expanding my 5* roster, but I still have some 4* characters who need some rare skills before I end up promoting them. For example...

Life and Death - Anna, Masked Marth
Brave Weapon+ - Hana, Virion, Legion

Then there is the fact I still need some skill fodder for some of my 5* characters (Still no Fae for Renewal, I am being swarmed with Fredericks instead), and I have no real desire to spend 20k feathers just to get 5* skills. I guess I am mostly going for "quantity" of 5* units instead of "quality, fully built, and merged" 5* characters.

I'm trying to get all my obtained units to 5*, so aside from 4* upgrades for skills, all my feathers have been going into that. I upgrade about one per week, currently mostly cavalry and fliers since infantry have been kind of getting left in the dust lately.

It'll take a while, but I'm pretty sure I'm upgrading units faster than I'm getting new non-5*s, so it should work out eventually.

I honestly have no idea how or why people hoard feathers. I am in constant use of them for Skill Inheritance (I pull a lot of 3 stars) and 5* Updgrades, any time I have 20,000 feather I updgrade I aways have a project in the work for upgrading whether I am giving out Blade Tomes or adding more units to my growing roster, when I run out of Project I will start merging.

I have done 22 5* upgrades my most recent one was a new Nino to replace the one I sacrificed (that Nino was my first ever upgrade actually) to Cecilia a long while back as I finally got one with a good IV (+Atk -Res, -Def would be better but whatever close enough).

Edited by Locke087

I don't earn a huge amount of feathers because I tend to be lazy, so I just tend to promote to 5* units I like when I get 20k feathers.  I actually prefer leveling 4* to 5* since I am able to earn more SP that way.  Eventually I will start leveling for skills but right now that is pretty far off, since my 4* 40 list is pretty long. Plus being F2P means I normally only get so many 5*s from pulling.

I spent about 60k on BK when he came out. I also used 20k to promote Clarisse just recently so that I could have an interesting archer.

I have about 50k just now. I'm waiting to see what happens with Arvis first before promoting any more units. I still have to 5* Olivia and Palla. There's also a few units that I at 4* with better boon/banes that I plan to promote and merge into an existing 5*. But I'll probably prioritize Arvis (depending on how he turns out), Palla, and Olivia.

I'm currently at around 25,000. I usually like to keep 20,000 in reserve in case there's a bonus unit that could be really useful or if there's a 4-Star unit who would make a good addition to a near completed team. At first, the grind for feathers seemed pretty slow, but I'm up to 10 promoted 5-Star units now and it feels pretty good. However, 20,000 still seems like a lot to gather only to fatten a unit up to feed someone else.

I have 53k, and no clue on what my next goal to be, I want to be near pay to win level without paying. I'm considering on investing into either Brlyn or continuing to +1 my Nino. There's also my other Brave Units to consider such as +Atk/-Def Brave Roy and Brave Lucina, not to mention my -HP/+Atk Lucina from way way back. I don't know so many things I could do, but what would help me the most I'm still deciding.

I usually save feathers for GHB units I find interesting or for replacing old units that had bad IVs like I did with my Eirika and Reinhardt. 

Sometimes during slow times I promote a 3 star to get skills.