What are you doing with your feathers?

NekoKnight

I was hoarding feathers until I decided to promote and merge all of my Merrics. I spent 100k getting him to +5. No regrets. But on the bright side, I still have about 64k. Once I get back up to 100k, I'll keep that as my emergency stash. It's nice having them in case I need to promote someone for the Arena season.  I have a handful of characters I'd like to promote, but I'd also like to finish some other projects first. I'll never be done.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I was hoarding feathers until I decided to promote and merge all of my Merrics. I spent 100k getting him to +5. No regrets. But on the bright side, I still have about 64k. Once I get back up to 100k, I'll keep that as my emergency stash. It's nice having them in case I need to promote someone for the Arena season.  I have a handful of characters I'd like to promote, but I'd also like to finish some other projects first. I'll never be done.

Why would you regret it? Depending on the nature, he is a good Raven mage. And since he is 5*+5, he can definitely counter pimped out Reinhardt or BH!Lyn once per battle.

Generally, I spend my feathers as soon as I hit 20k.  With the current rate of feathers that the game is pumping, I've been able to get one 5* promotion every week since the beginning of August.  It makes expensive builds more feasible.

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Why would you regret it? Depending on the nature, he is a good Raven mage. And since he is 5*+5, he can definitely counter pimped out Reinhardt or BH!Lyn once per battle.

I did say "no regrets." LOL I suppose if there were any regrets to be had, it's that he's not the most "ideal" mage to promote. Like I could spend my resources on a +10 Rein or Nino. He's not as bulky as Boey, but he has better SPD. He's not as strong as a good portion of the other green mages, but he is available at a 4/5 star rarity AND he has access to a legendary weapon. I plan to do a raven build for him eventually, but for now having advantage over fliers has been extremely helpful. It's also really cool that he can tank hits from a lot of red swords. As long as they can't double him, he's safe.

Plus it's just fun having him. And I highly doubt it will take me that long to save up 100k feathers again.

Nowadays, I've been spending feathers for skills rather than unique 5* promotions since there's just only so many characters that can promote to 5* aside from merges, especially as lately, not many characters are joining the 4* pool (only 1 unit joined the 4* drop pool each from the Sacred World and Dauntless Crimeans banners, and all 4 banner units introduced in the Brave Heroes banner remain 5* exclusive), the 3* pool has received 0 new heroes since the game's release, and many heroes remain 5* exclusive after their debut banners ended.

Recently spent 20K feathers on a Chrom to give PA Azura Aether (last weekend pretty much right when I got said 20K) and another 20K on a Cecilia so that PA Inigo can get Gronnraven+ (this morning right after putting together ANOTHER 20K feathers)... and somehow doing it only days apart from one another. And I should be expecting many more feathers soon thanks to the TT ranking feathers (expecting 8K-10K) and the upcoming Voting Gauntlet feathers (3K minimum; assumes joining only the losing teams and not ranking at all) on top of the daily feathers (215/day) and next week's AA Chain Wins quests (another 1K), not to mention more Arena feathers (5400 feathers + AA feathers).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Jeez you guys sound way better at holding onto feathers than I am.... I scarcely ever get past 40k before I tend to go on 5* bingeing sprees to upgrade a unit and a 5* weapon fodder or some such lol. Glad I did when I did last time though, Gronnblade Soren has been hella useful during this Tempest Trial. 

Now I'm just saving up for various checklist items to bolster my faves.

Spoiler

IE...

• Better IV'd, but lower rarity versions of characters I've already pulled (+Atk/-Res Corrin to replace my +Atk/-HP one, +Res/-Spd Tiki to replace my +HP/-Res one mainly)
  • expensive skill fodder for my monster Tiki, like Chrom for Aether lol
  • even more Tikis to merge with Tiki Prime
  • eventual dragon emblem investment once I pull a good enough nature of Fae and f!Corrin to invest in
  • I guess characters who give SI skills at 5* since I can't ever seem to pull enough Roys, Hinatas, or Kleins (which is to say: next to none. 3 Roys, 1 Hinata, 1 Klein) so Bartre, Selena, and Ursula I guess

As someone who doesn't really care about fodder and building units and instead cares about making her favourites all nice and shiny...

I have just over 10k with several units waiting to be promoted to 5*: Ursula, Caeda, Lilina, Eirika, Raven. Seliph is nearly there too, followed by Chrom and Camus. Then we have poor Lloyd sitting at 3* since he first came out...

9 hours ago, Zelgius said:

I'll probably prioritize Arvis (depending on how he turns out), Palla, and Olivia.

I’ll prioritise Arvis no matter how he turns out. I’ve already promoted Palla, and dancers are cancer.

Now that I've finally promoted most of the "necessary" units to 5-stars (5-star Xander and +Atk Reinhardt aren't needed, per se, but they sure are nice to have) and I've pulled a lot more useful 5-stars naturally, I'm finally starting to spend my feathers on fun stuff because I actually want to. Finished up a +Spd LaD3/Desperation Olwen recently, and now I'm working on making Clarisse as good as possible. Just 5-starred a Gordin for Brave Bow+, and the next sets of 20,000 feathers are reserved for getting her LaD3 and a +3 merge. After that, I since I finally got Priscilla, I'll probably work on building an all redheads horse team, starting with 5-starring Sully and Priscilla.

And no, I am not good at saving my feathers, if that wasn't already clear.

I'm at 36k. I used to blow 20k as soon as I got them but I've been enjoying having 40k and making milestones with 2 *5 promotions. That being said my feathers are never resting. Plenty of characters need LnD3 that I have, others want QR3, then you have units like Effie that want a Brave Lance+ or S!Corrin who wants Blarblade+, unpromoted Matthew I want to *5, F!Robin I plan on *5'ing at some point as well as saving up to replace my -ATK Cain with a +ATK one I have at *4, doing the same for Frederick who has the same situation but also needs a Brave Axe+ and Death Blow 3. Waiting on a Reinhardt that isn't -ATK because that's an instant-promotion.

Yeah, my feathers are keeping busy, but my indecisiveness is keeping me from spending, plus most of my good fodder is stuck at *3 so I have to blow 2k feathers more than I'd like to in order to SI most units.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I’ll prioritise Arvis no matter how he turns out. I’ve already promoted Palla, and dancers are cancer.

I might actually promote Palla at the end of this Arena season, since that would still give me plenty of feathers to work with, and Palla sees alot of useage for me. If Arvis turns out a armoured mage then he's definitely getting alot of attention from me, I just hope they go for that direction.

19 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

If Arvis turns out a armoured mage then he's definitely getting alot of attention from me, I just hope they go for that direction.

I don’t even care which version of Arvis they go with, it’s Arvis anyway. I haven’t been this hyped for a GHB for a long while.

Really, what I want to start doing with my feathers if i can get a good plan laid out is to start building tons of fliers. I already have 3 really good flying units, and I want to get to 8, and be able to run two different flier emblem teams.

So I basically try to get up to 20k and instantly promote a unit to 5 stars, the unit in question is usually either a 4* unit I got through summoning that I'll promote due to merging, or the 4* unit could be a tempest trial unit or grand hero battle (I have promoted Ursulla and F! Robin to 5 stars, and have a +3 "Marth" with a +1 Black Knight and eventually a +1 Clive) I do plan on eventually making all units five stars, I did make Anna five stars but Alfonse and Shareena are still two stars (guess that's what happens when you get Ephraim and Eirika, the better sibling duo of lance/sword)

I had 80k+ before tempest trial, but towards the end of it I went down to 13k and am only now sitting at 31k. I got this idea in my head to promote a bunch of MRobins to 5 star so I can merge them as well as a Nino to build her since I see everyone else using her. Of course now that I need feathers for skill inheritance on my Inigo I don't have enough to put anything on him and kind of regret doing that.

Two days ago I had over 280k feathers that I was saving for when I had the time to train units (TT takes so much time that I can't do anything else). After the TT ended I used close to 200k to promote my last GHB units (Clarisse, Legion, Berkut, Navarre, Narcian, and Valter) and moved on to my third project (first one was promoting the initial trio, second one all the GHBs): promoting all the units that can't be pulled at 5*  aka the ones that can be pulled as 3*. Promoted Donnel, Saizo, MRobin, and Palla.

I'm saving the remaining feathers (80k+) for when I finish raising the new units to lvl 40. Next buch of promotions will probably be Arvis, Frederick, Virion and Felicia.

Top 1k in Arena Assault is starting to get REAL competitive; before 4950'ish was enough to make it, but now the cutoff is 5030'ish. At 5040 I'm just on the edge, and that's with all my feathers being poured to continually upgrading my Effie (started as +2 and now is +7). After that, I would probably give Gray Aether depending whether or not I sacrifice one of my extra Lyns to give him Galeforce.

On 8.10.2017 at 2:25 PM, Okigen said:

All of my feathers currently go to this guy.

Hide contents

m8poRvA.png

Will be +10 shortly xD

oh hey thats my next Project, albeit i have a different built in mind with Emerald Axe + Distant Counter + Quick Riposte.

Well after finishing my previous project: +10 5 Star Azama, i started on my new Project Boey! Spent all my Feathers and brought him currently from +2 to +8, only 2 more left. After that as said I am thinking about goign for +10 Hawkeye, but I am also thinking of +10 Wrys with Distant Def... that old man can hit 55 RES with Distant Def A Slot and Distant Def Seal, but i will prolly go with Hawkeye

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

oh hey thats my next Project, albeit i have a different built in mind with Emerald Axe + Distant Counter + Quick Riposte.

Well after finishing my previous project: +10 5 Star Azama, i started on my new Project Boey! Spent all my Feathers and brought him currently from +2 to +8, only 2 more left. After that as said I am thinking about goign for +10 Hawkeye, but I am also thinking of +10 Wrys with Distant Def... that old man can hit 55 RES with Distant Def A Slot and Distant Def Seal, but i will prolly go with Hawkeye

Ooooh +10 Azama, I would love that! Can you show him off?  Did you get some 5* or upgrade all 11 of them from 4*?

My Hawkeye still needs a skill overhaul. I want to wait for a good axe to be released though, as I don't think any current inheritable axe suits him much (well Emerald axe is a nice choice but now we have cancel affinity too). Also despite pulling like 30 Hawkeyes I still never got a +atk -spd.