What are you doing with your feathers?

NekoKnight

Back in the day, feathers were a slow grind to gather with 5* promotions being the result of a lot of saving up. With new modes and quests, however, feathers are much more plentiful for the dedicated player and some people seem to have more feathers than they're even able to reasonably spend. 

I have around 66k feathers and I know others who have many more. I'm still at a point where there is "reasonable spending" left to make. I still have a 4* Alfonse and Anna that should be promoted and I'm waiting on the fodder to promote and pass some 5* locked weapons. After that, however, I'll be left to mostly "unreasonable spending", that is spending 20k feathers to get lv3 skills (a meager gain over lv2 skills but a gain nontheless) and finally merges. Most new characters are pulled at 5* rarity so I'm running out of things to do.

Where are you on your feather usage?

Edited by NekoKnight

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Making myself a pillow.

Currently keeping 20K in reserve, in case I need to promote someone to 5* for some event or other.  Spending 2K at regular intervals to get fodder I need.  Would like another 20K promotion, but that won't be for a while.

I am keeping 100,000 for emergency promotions and skill inheritance. I am at approximately 110,000 now, so I will be able to promote someone maybe by next week. To keep my urges to spend Feathers in check, I am working on getting some of my 3* and 4* units to 4*+10 for Arena Assault.

Well, I did have 60k feathers, but I just spent 20k to finally upgrade Cecilia to Gronnblade+, so I'm at about 40k right now. I have plenty of things to do with the feathers, but I also like having a decent stock of them around. I ought to promote Nino, Ursula, and Kagero to 5*, as I use them quite a bit, but have never gotten around to promoting them since they function quite well as 4* units. I'd also like to promote Michalis sometime, and a fair number of other characters too. There's also merging to be done, along with upgrading skills like LnD and QR to their level 3 variants. I've done some of this. But there aren't any pressing projects at the moment, so I'm doing all of this at a rather leisurely pace.

Right now: Nothing, have 45k feathers and just waiting to use them. If a good GHB unit comes, they will probably get it. 

Current/ Long-term goal: Make one of each character that I own 4* lvl 40(no SI). Then if I really like them and want to use them, promote to 5*. Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna will eventually become 5*. 

Currently... nothing. Recently... I went on a bit of a spending spree and got a Brave Sword+ for Chrom, a Brave Bow+ for Bridelia and promoted Legion and got him a Brave Axe+, not that any of those where particularly good choices but it is fun to have more to work with 

I recently ran out of units I want to promote so I'm probably going to save up now. Maybe I'll decide to promote the rest of the starters but I'm not too motivated to do so. (Out of the 3, only Anna is 5*)

I am considering a Lightning Breath+ build on Ninian though.

Edited by Korath88

Right now? I’m saving for Arvis. I’m promoting stuff every now and then (I recently 5★’d Nino and Tharja because why not) for skill inheritance and everything.

Sitting on 42k at the moment.

Currently at 139k for my main and 147k on my second

I usually just do random 2000 4 star promotions for skill inheritance lately to get the lvl 3 skills as I clear my barracks

I want at least 20k as an emergency backup though, but I think I have a good supply right now to maybe finally do 20k feather promotions for skills like Life and Death or Brave Bow+/Brave Axe+/Gronnraven+/Gronnblade+ I guess.

20k in my second account needs to go for Sharena though, as she is the last of the trio that needs to be promoted (I had better lancers in this account so there was no immediate need for her. Depending on next arena rotation, I might need her though)

I do also want maybe 22k to 5 star personal favourites like Lon'qu or Odin if I get the right natures.

Its just over 2 months that I have been playing my account and I have been promoting units so far. Right now I want to save up some feathers, hopefully xander and camus will be re-released soon. Thanks to some unlucky summoning on the PA banner I got over 10 Ninos - never thought I would get so many of her - think I might promote her to +10 in the long run, she is +1 right now (merged my old one with a +spd-def version)

The most feathers I ever had at one time was 34K last month, because I was waiting for the next double SP weekend. I don't keep feathers for long. I've yet to 5 star a unit for skill inheritance. Most have been GHB units since I never have to worry about pulling one with a better nature. I'd make a priority list, but my interests in who to promote next changes with the tides. Probably my Adult Tiki, since my last promotion was Nowi and she's been a lot of fun. Should have the feathers for that once TT ends.

Edited by Glennstavos

2 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Probably my Adult Tiki, since my last promotion was Nowi and she's been a lot of fun. Should have the feathers for that once TT ends.

Oh that reminds me I need to set aside 20k, maybe 40k for Lightning Breath+ on Nowi and maybe Fae as well. Can't seem to get 5 star Nowis but had a flood of 4 stars recently.

But then a part of me also wants to upgrade my second Camus/Xander to merge them since they're really rare now that their GHB still hasn't returned...

The biggest amount of feathers I've had is about 60k during a period where I didn't knew what to do with them (I didn't felt like making the Askr trio 5*). When I got some extra Eirikas I blew them incredibly fast and right now I'm at 15k. 

I'm using them to promote Lon'qus to 4* to give Vantage when needed, but I'm also considering 5* either Sharena, Lillina or Soren but I'm not really convinced on any of them.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

nz2UWSk.png

Not much.

Damn that's a 5*+10 Raigh/Bartre/Gwendy right there. 

I'm still working on various projects so even with more feathers I find myself running out still.

I have a +atk -spd Chrom to 5* while also getting a Brave Sword+ from someone else, getting more Clarisses to 5 to add to my main ones stats etc.

Edited by Jedi

I'm currently sitting on 66k after recently promoting Nowi and Nino. Waiting on fodder and some more worthy units to use mine. I've used a lot on random units too because my feathers seem to be pretty plentiful most of the time 

I just did spend 40k this two past weeks to get my Cecilia to +4 and give Lyn brave bow so I am featherless atm and have lot to do. Still need promote 7 more Cecilias (one for Inigo gonraven+), Also need promote Fredericks lance for Oscar.

Well but maybe I will promote Nowi first for gauntled sake, but not set on that yet.

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

I just did spend 40k this two past weeks to get my Cecilia to +4 and give Lyn brave bow so I am featherless atm and have lot to do. Still need promote 7 more Cecilias (one for Inigo gonraven+), Also need promote Fredericks lance for Oscar.

Well but maybe I will promote Nowi first for gauntled sake, but not set on that yet.

Why promote for the gauntlet? I will go in with her at lv.1 4* :)