How long do you think this game will be?

Corrobin

It's a console one, so somewhere between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in length. I'm hoping closer to Radiant Dawn, but, at the same time, I'm also hoping the story doesn't get split into multiple sections, and the longer the story is, the more likely that is to happen. I mean, Awakening wasn't very long and they still basically split the story in three: Gangrel, Walhart, Grima. I'm hoping for one overarching story, like in Path of Radiance, but with more chapters, like in Radiant Dawn.

15 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

It's a console one, so somewhere between Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn in length. I'm hoping closer to Radiant Dawn, but, at the same time, I'm also hoping the story doesn't get split into multiple sections, and the longer the story is, the more likely that is to happen. I mean, Awakening wasn't very long and they still basically split the story in three: Gangrel, Walhart, Grima. I'm hoping for one overarching story, like in Path of Radiance, but with more chapters, like in Radiant Dawn.

The reason for that is because you can only do so much with one story arc before it becomes stale or gets messy. 

Can't say given that we still know nothing about the project. I'm going to make the bold assumption that the next game isn't another Pokemon deal with multiple versions. But that still doesn't tell us how they'll handle paralogues unless they confirm for us that marriage and brats are returning. If they are, I'd say the game should have the standard 26 chapters with about 15-20 paralogues that only serve to recruit a character with no connection to the plot or world. If that's not how they handle side content, then the only alternatives are a feature length game where you have to play every chapter like Radiant Dawn, or a game with short length yet meaningful, abundant side content. We've never seen the latter.

It's going to be endless.

Nah, this is not Heroes. But I hope it's a very long game, with massive content. If not, and is following the traditional path, then I want an insane amount of replayability.

As long as it needs to tell a good story. I don't want padding and if that means a shorter game with a smaller cast on a smaller scale than so be it. In fact I'd prefer it. I'd rather have a higher over quality game than a long but kinda mediocre one.

I don't think the story will be very long. Probably around the length of the 3DS titles. But I do expect there will be more of a focus on post-game, so there will probably be a lot of extras which will significantly increase the total length of the game. Dungeons and side quests may be a part of this, improved from SoV. Which tbh, isn't quite what I want from an FE game, though it is enjoyable to an extent. But as long as the story and characters are good, I don't mind if we don't get another RD size game just yet. 

21 hours ago, Book Bro said:

I don't think the story will be very long. Probably around the length of the 3DS titles. But I do expect there will be more of a focus on post-game, so there will probably be a lot of extras which will significantly increase the total length of the game.

That's what I believe as well. I do think the main story might be a tad longer, as they might feel like they need to start off strong on a new console and all that, but their way of making the game last longer will probably not be related to how long the main story is.

Hopefully though they'll focus on replayability.