Magvel and Elibe sharing a setting?

Just an idle thought I had yesterday. If Sacred Stones is for all intents and purposes a spiritual successor to Gaiden, bringing back various Gaiden elements such as repeatable battles, a world map, even some of the music... could we possibly see SS in the same light as Gaiden with regards to story? Consider that both Magvel and Valentia are the only continents we never revisit in a later game, but Valentia is to the west of Akaneia, so perhaps Magvel resides in the same world as Elibe? Now there is less to support this (namely no Elibe character cameos in Sacred Stones), but it would maybe help Magvel feel less isolated from the other games, as every other Fire Emblem has given a continent two games a piece (Five for Akaneia if you count the remakes and Ylisse from Awakening). So yeah, I dunno, idle thought like I said!

Annoyingly, TSS is pretty much the one game that is nigh impossible to directly connect with the others. So I personally would love Magvel to be connected to Elibe or any land for that matter, but there's simply so little information to go off.

Still, I would not be surprised if it was intended for them to be in the same setting. For one, both have Manaketes in very small (almost extinct) quantities, so they could be in the same general time-frame at the least.

There's also the fact Magvel shares the same colour as Elibe in the Cipher card game, like how Echoes has the same colour as the Marth games. That said, this could've been done for convenience (because giving one small game its own colour would mess up the balance).

While GRAPHICS aren't the most tell tale sign because, well yeah, GBA hardware, Magvel and Elibe seem to share similar aesthetics as well - not just of course the sprites for the majority of units, but also character designs and armor. And yeah, dragons being a rarity and Myrhh functioning the same as Fae... its grasping at straws, but they're meaningful straws! :P

I would have liked some kind of Elibe cameo - a pegasus sister or maybe WALLACE somehow wandering in, but eh.

While there is no concrete evidence, it would certainly help flesh out Magvel (something I think it needs). With dragons in Sacred Stones just sort of being there with little backstory, tying the world with Elibe would actually explain why there are so few dragons seen on Magvel. Furthermore, it couldn't hurt to do so in order to explain shared classes.

• 3 weeks later...