Should Ophelia be a main character in another Fire Emblem game?

Valmese Soldier

Ophelia isn’t “just” another one of the children characters in Fates. She is one of Marth’s descendants, meaning that she’d be able to wield the Falchion, and at the end of it, she went back to her world anyway. So should she be a main character in another Fire Emblem game? She's an adventurous lady, so I can see her building up a new team with comrades along with Soleil (since the ending said she'd return to her world as well).

Edited by Valmese Soldier

I suppose it could be a cool idea, but why? There are plenty of other decedents of Math alive throughout the Outrealms - Lissa, Owain, Lucina, other possible children - so Ophelia would have some competition. I'd think Lucina has a better chance of becoming a main lord in a future game than Ophelia.

That's not to say I wouldn't support it. I did prefer Ophelia to Lucina, though of course, I think I'd prefer to see new characters in a new Fire Emblem game rather than a continuation of old ones.

I hope not actually. As far as Fates kids go she's not nearly as interesting as some of the others. Having to kinda share a tired gimmick as her dad's also doesn't help her chances.

I wouldn't like it but I could see Ophelia return as a minor character. For a mayor characters she seems completely unsuited though. 

Please no

While Odin, Selena and Laslow are all good characters adding ties to Awakening was wholly unnecessary. If we're going to get a whole new world, it should BE a whole new world.

Oh god no!

I want something new! I hope next games doesn't have relations with Awakening or Fates! Like via DLC or Amiibos for some cameo stuffs is good, but having characters returning with big importance, no! Even if I liked both games, I don't want them to be used like that.

Is like... Even if I liked Severa and Inigo, I didn't liked that much them returning in Fates :/ , I don't want returning characters like this again

The only character that maybe I would allow to return in a future game, is probably Priam, and just because everything about him is a mistery lol, but really I prefer new characters in a new story, and both Awakening and Fates had their story well closed already

Edited by SniperGYS

11 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

The only character that maybe I would allow to return in a future game, is probably Priam, and just because everything about him is a mistery lol, but really I prefer new characters in a new story, and both Awakening and Fates had their story well closed already

Might you say it's a... Mystery of the Emblem?

Spoiler

It's an old joke, but it checks out.

The only time I'd want to see the return of any character is through direct sequels or possible spin-off mini-games.  And for the latter, fans are more than capable of doing that.

As much as I think Fates expanded and improved upon Inigo's character, I didn't appreciate that they brought any of the Awakening characters to this game.  I'd have been fine with it if they were just references or maybe descendants, but outright having the same character is kind of lame.  This goes for the 2nd gen Awakening look-alikes as well because they were also intended to be essentially the same exact characters, just in a different world.

And with that said, I wish Ophelia could've gotten the chance to be her own character instead of just the daughter of Owain.

Yeah, I guess she isn't "main character" material but by her bloodline, she does have some importance and could be a good starting off character. However, I think that if Owain was able to abandon his preferred fighting method, swordplay, for something he's not used to, magic, I imagine his daughter could do inversely the same thing.