Nightmare doesn't work?

PhoenixmetNet96

Hi Everyone, I'm new and I started to play hacks long ago but now I decided to hack fe7 or fe8 by myself.

But there's one problem: it seems like Nightmare doesn't work in neither game, there are't differences when I play the game, but if I open it with Nightmare again changes are still there, as an example: if I set Eliwood's class to mercenary and then I try the game he is still a lord, but if I open the game with Nightmare his class is still set to Mercenary.

I always apply the changes before saving the file, but it still doesn't work; Is it a problem about Nightmare? Or about the Modules? Can i have a link for the modules? I took the ones I have from an other website and I think they are incomplete, and also the links on this website don't work...

Ps, sorry if my English is Awful, I'm still not get used

Where are you changing his class? If it's in the character editor module, I'm pretty sure that says it only affects the support viewer. You need to change it in the Chapter Units editors (and there sometimes might be multiple copies). Also, you have to do it in the chapter the character first appears in (playable), and you have to restart the chapter (to reload the unit) for the changes to take affect. So, for instance, if I wanted to make Heath a pegasus rider, I'd modify his unit data in chapter 22 (where he starts out as an enemy unit) and not chapter 15 (where he appears in a cutscene). If I'm already past chapter 22, then the Heath in my party won't suddenly change class.

Hope that helps!

18 hours ago, Tequila said:

Where are you changing his class? If it's in the character editor module, I'm pretty sure that says it only affects the support viewer. You need to change it in the Chapter Units editors (and there sometimes might be multiple copies). Also, you have to do it in the chapter the character first appears in (playable), and you have to restart the chapter (to reload the unit) for the changes to take affect. So, for instance, if I wanted to make Heath a pegasus rider, I'd modify his unit data in chapter 22 (where he starts out as an enemy unit) and not chapter 15 (where he appears in a cutscene). If I'm already past chapter 22, then the Heath in my party won't suddenly change class.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot, it worked now,

I knew the part about restarting the chapter but nothing about changing chapter's unit, I was used to hack FE4, and there changing character's class was enough.

I'm such a noob :lol: