Kaze, Jakob, or Silas for F!Corrin? (Poll)

Corbin

Which one of the neutral males do you like best with F!Corrin?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of the neutral males do you like best with F!Corrin?

• Jakob
    • Silas
    • Kaze

So the more I've gone around the internet, the more I've noticed these three are the most popular non-royal romantic options for F!Corrin. And, honestly, it's easy to see why: they have great availability, meaning you can build up supports faster than some other characters, and the best romantic chemistry with our heroine (in a way that benefits both characters involved). So I'd like to know, at least on this website, which one of these men is the most popular with F!Corrin and why. 

Edited by Corbin

I have to vote for Kaze since he is my favorite Fates character and I married him in all three paths.  I just find Kaze to be a interesting character and it helps that his English voice actor also voices Sebastian from Black Butler my second favorite anime character of all time.

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Frankly, I have no answer for this. I much prefer playing as a male Corrin.

I can make a separate poll since it's a similar case for M!Corrin (and I think it better applies to him since his route-exclusive romances suck in my opinion). 

For me, it's a close tie between Jakob and Kaze, but I had to go with Jakob mainly due to his loyal nature. However much of a nice guy Silas is, I'm not really one for childhood friendships turning into romance; my childhood friends have always remained that way.

If you want my opinion, I'd say go Kaze. He's probably one of the nicest guys in the entire game (excluding Silas and possibly M!Corrin) without being overbearingly so. He's a balanced, nuanced character: stoic without being edgy (like Saizo) or a jerk (like Jakob), nice without being a White Knight (like Silas) and that's exactly what I like about him. He also has a personal history with Corrin (though Jakob and Silas do as well) and one of the best progressions into marriage a four conversations based love story can hope to achieve in my opinion. Bonus points in Birthright if you romance him right after he saves your behind in Chapter 15.

Silas is almost too nice in my opinion, to the point of being a White Knight and I'm personally not really fond of the whole White Knight shtick. I do still like him, but he has certainly fallen from his debatable throne after I read a few of his supports.

The subtext in his supports with Elise especially don't help matters... like, at all. And it stops being subtext once the S-support rolls around.
F!Corrin counts, too, if you pick the smaller build and give her female Kana's voice (which I do, just to make every male in the game look like a pedophile... yes, I am sadistic like that. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing).
With the above in mind, this line gets... awkward: "[...],but... You're a lot...prettier." - Silas to F!Corrin in their S-support
Silas = lolicon CONFURMD!!!111!!!1 LOLZXDROFLMAO
*clears throat* Granted, the lolicon subtext stuff can be attributed to anyone who marries Elise or the above version of female Corrin, so take that point however you will.

As an aside, I think his haircut looks stupid as hell, too.
This is coming from someone who loves childhood friend romances in stories, too, so imagine my pain when I pick female Corrin.

As for Jakob... well, let's just say that he severely mistreats his son out of some petty jealousy and is a general jackass to anyone not named Corrin or a certain blue haired... mutant... thing and that is any chance that guy ever had of getting close to my female Corrin going down the drain.
Also, I'm personally not a big fan of their supports, either. They get a good chuckle out of me, but I really don't feel the chemistry between those two. As master and servant, sure, as friends, maybe, as lovers, no.

I think Odin / Owain said it best: "Look at Jakob. He has split-personality disorder. The minute Lord/Lady Avatar shows up, he's a celestial being with a heart of gold. With everyone else [except Azura], he's a jerk. Silas? He's OK, but he's into some strange stuff [presumably little girls]" - Odin in his B-support with Felicia

Also, if my above points come off as bashing Jakob or Silas, I apologize. I have nothing against them (nothing that helps, at any rate...) and I wanted to take all three characters into consideration and tell you why I think these two aren't my favourite picks for female Corrin, since that's what this topic's about. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and taste, anyway.
I don't really know why most flame wars are born from a discussion of personal feelings... It's quite stupid, honestly.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If you want my opinion, I'd say go Kaze. He's probably one of the nicest guys in the entire game (excluding Silas and possibly M!Corrin) without being overbearingly so. He's a balanced, nuanced character: stoic without being edgy (like Saizo) or a jerk (like Jakob), nice without being a White Knight (like Silas) and that's exactly what I like about him. He also has a personal history with Corrin (though Jakob and Silas do as well) and one of the best progressions into marriage a four conversations based love story can hope to achieve in my opinion. Bonus points in Birthright if you romance him right after he saves your behind in Chapter 15.

Silas is almost too nice in my opinion, to the point of being a White Knight and I'm personally not really fond of the whole White Knight shtick. I do still like him, but he has certainly fallen from his debatable throne after I read a few of his supports.

The subtext in his supports with Elise especially don't help matters... like, at all. And it stops being subtext once the S-support rolls around.
F!Corrin counts, too, if you pick the smaller build and give her female Kana's voice (which I do, just to make every male in the game look like a pedophile... yes, I am sadistic like that. Schadenfreude is a beautiful thing).
With the above in mind, this line gets... awkward: "[...],but... You're a lot...prettier." - Silas to F!Corrin in their S-support
Silas = lolicon CONFURMD!!!111!!!1 LOLZXDROFLMAO
*clears throat* Granted, the lolicon subtext stuff can be attributed to anyone who marries Elise or the above version of female Corrin, so take that point however you will.

As an aside, I think his haircut looks stupid as hell, too.
This is coming from someone who loves childhood friend romances in stories, too, so imagine my pain when I pick female Corrin.

As for Jakob... well, let's just say that he severely mistreats his son out of some petty jealousy and is a general jackass to anyone not named Corrin or a certain blue haired... mutant... thing and that is any chance that guy ever had of getting close to my female Corrin going down the drain.
Also, I'm personally not a big fan of their supports, either. They get a good chuckle out of me, but I really don't feel the chemistry between those two. As master and servant, sure, as friends, maybe, as lovers, no.

I think Odin / Owain said it best: "Look at Jakob. He has split-personality disorder. The minute Lord/Lady Avatar shows up, he's a celestial being with a heart of gold. With everyone else [except Azura], he's a jerk. Silas? He's OK, but he's into some strange stuff [presumably little girls]" - Odin in his B-support with Felicia

Also, if my above points come off as bashing Jakob or Silas, I apologize. I have nothing against them (nothing that helps, at any rate...) and I wanted to take all three characters into consideration and tell you why I think these two aren't my favourite picks for female Corrin, since that's what this topic's about. In the end, it all comes down to personal preference and taste, anyway.
I don't really know why most flame wars are born from a discussion of personal feelings... It's quite stupid, honestly.

Hey, your opinion is your opinion. 

Silas, because of his devotion to reunite with you after having been separated during childhood. He is the good guy. And Sophie, their daughter, is both a decent unit and a cute character.

Out of those three, Kaze would me my second choice, because, in Conquest, he chooses Corrin over his own country. And according to various supports, he is 'canonically' quite handsome.
Yet, Kaze is available four chapters later than Silas; and those chapters are the difference between no support and S-level support.

I cannot stand Jakob as a character, and his growths are always terrible. Obviously, I do not pair-up him with anyone. I only 'deploy' (but barely use) him in Chapters 2-3, 6-7 and 12, then he sits in the bench forever. He is a good chef, though.

Jakob. Dwyer has an easy paralogue and you can give Jakob your talent's promotion very early, so you can save a heart seal for someone else (possibly Dwyer, who actually makes a good cav) and have a monster unit for the next half of the game (extra monster if you heart seal and partner seal).