Is FEH getting stale lately?

Prince Endriu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, as a F2P (everyone can relate), I'm just waiting on orbs so I can pull for units that I need for building units/teams. 

But then RNG factors in, and when it doesn't really treat you, you have wait even more. ):

It's getting stale right about now for me, even with the incoming Voting Gauntlet. 

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

I need a break.  Voting gauntlet's coming up, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Voting gauntlets are boring and tedious :(

The tempest is a bit grindy, but you get good rewards in orbs, feathers, units, seals, and SP. You also choose your own teams.

In the voting gauntlet, you make three turns every half an hour, burn your flags if there’s a multiplier, and that’s it. And you’re at the mercy of the not-so-random friend chooser.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Voting gauntlets are boring and tedious :(

The tempest is a bit grindy, but you get good rewards in orbs, feathers, units, seals, and SP. You also choose your own teams.

In the voting gauntlet, you make three turns every half an hour, burn your flags if there’s a multiplier, and that’s it. And you’re at the mercy of the not-so-random friend chooser.

Voting gauntlets are great.  I grab some rewards, then ignore them. :P:

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Voting gauntlets are great.  I grab some rewards, then ignore them. :P:

Which is what makes them boring. No actual participation, no incentive to do anything.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Which is what makes them boring. No actual participation, no incentive to do anything.

To each their own~!  If I don't have to do something, I'll do something else.  Like beat up a bunch of cacti.

Well, I definitely don't like the slow down in GHB's.

There's no reason for it. They've got more than enough possibilities to last a long time even if they just did one a month. Heck, even with 2 a month, they'd still have enough for years, especially since FE Switch will likely introduce new ones.

I always play less Heroes whenever the banners don't interest me too much. Now I've got over 160 orbs and there's no new GHB to do, so it does feel like I'm mostly just waiting for something to happen. However, this is not because of the game itself really, and more because I want to see my favorites on a new banner.

That being said, it would be sweet if we could get some news on the next GHB, but maybe they'll hold off until after the Voting Gauntlet.

27 minutes ago, Sentinel07 said:

There's no reason for it. They've got more than enough possibilities to last a long time even if they just did one a month. Heck, even with 2 a month, they'd still have enough for years, especially since FE Switch will likely introduce new ones.

I don't think the amount of possible Heroes would ever be the issue, but rather the conceptualization of maps and how to make them sensible.

5 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Yeah GHBs as a whole seem to be getting handled in a less than great way right now. No new ones since August, and we only even know of this month's thanks to a leak. And while reruns are fine to have for people that missed out on old GHBs, they're not even rerunning them all in order or anything. We've had Narcian get rerun yet again recently, but still no Xander or Camus. They even reran Clarisse and Legion already. 1 new one and 1 rerun a month is all I'd really ask for. (they could even leave out Infernal for old ones if that's being an issue, I don't mind)

Perhaps they think bound battles count as a month's GHB slot, but I don't feel they should.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The friend units being on your team is the only fun/interesting thing gauntlets provide, in my opinion. I wish they'd make a new type of event that brings in that mechanic again. Otherwise gauntlets are an annoyance of checking the phone every 30 mins just to obtain some feathers. Most investment or excitement in the gauntlet is pretty gone for me by now. (It doesn't help that my favorite usually tends to be the most popular, meaning now I get the side effect of getting less feathers thanks to fewer multipliers, too)

Edited by Alkaid

If you define "lately" as this past week, than yes.  Otherwise, I do not agree.

We got an amazing CYL Banner not too long ago with 4 top tier versions of popular units.  In September we got two GHB, two BHB, and two Tempest trials, with the second one giving away an S+ tier unit for free.  This month we got 4 dancers, one (Azura) that is a very popular character and that has one of the best artworks in the game.

My main complaint is that i'm running out of things to do.  I have maybe 6 chain challenge maps left, and they're all insanely difficult.  Finished the Squad Assaults a while ago.  But again, I've played this game pretty much everyday since it came out, for at least an hour each day.  In other words, i'm addicted!

The last Tempest Trial got old after a while.  Initially it was a lot of fun to try out my Nephenee and use BK.  Now, i'm bored of using them.  But, to be fair, I used them enough to have them at 2000+ Hero Merit already...It's weird that the novelty of using those characters went away so quickly.  My new fix is using my 5-star Brave Axe+ Death Blow Cherche.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

If you define "lately" as this past week, than yes.  Otherwise, I do not agree.

We got an amazing CYL Banner not too long ago with 4 top tier versions of popular units.  In September we got two GHB, two BHB, and two Tempest trials, with the second one giving away an S+ tier unit for free.  This month we got 4 dancers, one (Azura) that is a very popular character and that has one of the best artworks in the game.

My main complaint is that i'm running out of things to do.  I have maybe 6 chain challenge maps left, and they're all insanely difficult.  Finished the Squad Assaults a while ago.  But again, I've played this game pretty much everyday since it came out, for at least an hour each day.  In other words, i'm addicted!

The last Tempest Trial got old after a while.  Initially it was a lot of fun to try out my Nephenee and use BK.  Now, i'm bored of using them.  But, to be fair, I used them enough to have them at 2000+ Hero Merit already...It's weird that the novelty of using those characters went away so quickly.  My new fix is using my 5-star Brave Axe+ Death Blow Cherche.

I wasnt referring to the new banners at all, great units have been released recently - good job IS!

My complaint was in relation to what you can do with the units. Many quests/missions and structure overall seemed to me a little bit lackluster. I like to tease my brain - for example when Valter came out and I just had FIVE 5*units I had a very hard time completing the lunatic map, took me like two days and about 8-10 stamina potions - probably spent 8 hours figuring it out with my limited means. Felt immensely satiesfied when I finally did.

Not saying they should provide content which only top tier whales might be able to complete but most of the quests are either plain grindy or boring. For example training tower quests, they should have more variety, every day something new with different rewards. Sometimes you get 100 feathers for completing stratum 10 and sometimea 200 if you just use 3 units (for example).

22 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I wasnt referring to the new banners at all, great units have been released recently - good job IS!

My complaint was in relation to what you can do with the units. Many quests/missions and structure overall seemed to me a little bit lackluster. I like to tease my brain - for example when Valter came out and I just had FIVE 5*units I had a very hard time completing the lunatic map, took me like two days and about 8-10 stamina potions - probably spent 8 hours figuring it out with my limited means. Felt immensely satiesfied when I finally did.

Not saying they should provide content which only top tier whales might be able to complete but most of the quests are either plain grindy or boring. For example training tower quests, they should have more variety, every day something new with different rewards. Sometimes you get 100 feathers for completing stratum 10 and sometimea 200 if you just use 3 units (for example).

I'd like to see moar story/paralogue/CC/SA, but the developers only add new ones based on the story progression.  I've played the game for 4 months, and they've released 1 new story chapter since then.  It's not like the story or maps in this game are complex, so I don't really get it.

At the highest level in this game, strategy kind of goes out the window.  The enemies have such ridiculous stat inflation that you're forced to use one-shot nukes with Reposition alongside a dancer to have a chance.  Or use some buff-tank like Hector to bait out weak melee units and counterattack them into oblivion.

On a side note, have you looked at the Arena Assault top players?  I thought I played this game too much...all of them have +10 merged units, even ones that haven't been out for long (Elincia, Amelia, B! Lyn).

Also: my mood will pick up when they release an S+ tier succubus/witch Camilla for the Halloween banner.

8 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I'd like to see moar story/paralogue/CC/SA, but the developers only add new ones based on the story progression.  I've played the game for 4 months, and they've released 1 new story chapter since then.  It's not like the story or maps in this game are complex, so I don't really get it.

At the highest level in this game, strategy kind of goes out the window.  The enemies have such ridiculous stat inflation that you're forced to use one-shot nukes with Reposition alongside a dancer to have a chance.  Or use some buff-tank like Hector to bait out weak melee units and counterattack them into oblivion.

On a side note, have you looked at the Arena Assault top players?  I thought I played this game too much...all of them have +10 merged units, even ones that haven't been out for long (Elincia, Amelia, B! Lyn).

Also: my mood will pick up when they release an S+ tier succubus/witch Camilla for the Halloween banner.

You are absolutely right in regard to the strategy aspect. MKV put it right, its not thought out well. Since SI was introduced it has definitely gone the reposition/drawback direction. Will probably stay there, hit and run sort of thing - I consider it a game mechanique and actually like it.

In order to be the top player in AA you need a high number of +10 units. Thats a place I dont wanna be I guess. To each their own I think. I am actually grateful that whales exist, they help keep the game alive. Personally I wanna stay f2p forever - was thinking about small time whaling to get Azura but I think I will have to make do without her - won't change anything. Maybe they will reintroduce limited banners.

I'm kind of uninterested with the game right now. Part of it is that I spent almost all the orbs I saved for Jugdral trying to get Ike and ending up with an Atk- version, but the lack of a schedule this month is the main culprit to me. We don't know what's coming next, so we have nothing to look forward to (excluding the leaks and the Voting Gauntlet but personally the only good thing to come from gauntlets is the salt).

Yes. The main reference is the amount of GHBs we've been getting.  Also the fact that TT and VG are getting old and it doesn't look like IS has any plans to add any more events.  TT and VG will continue to get more and more old the more it's repeated and BHBs is just IS's way of saying "We don't have a GHB for you this time".   While Sacred Forge was okay, I am concerned for the future if this is IS's vision of an update worthy of 2-3mo of hype. 

Other things
- TT units included Tobin and Clive when they should not have.  BK really should have been a GHB but considering how Epic he is, I am fine with him being a TT.  But Tobin and Clive ruined the epicness of TTs
- VG was ruined very quickly.  Now the only reason people care about it is for feathers and orbs (and now SC's).  I think some people still care who wins, but it looks to me like they're trying really hard to care.
- Skills being added feel less unique than they used to.

There are some things that are still going strong for the game:
- People are still excited when new units come out.  You would think people would be less excited as they got more units, but people still really want unis either because they're OP, they have good SI value, or they really like the units.
- Special event banners are still occurring quite frequently.  Too frequently IMO, but it shows the game is still going strong (unlike GHBs)
- Kickstarter updates are still happening.  By this I mean we have updates that cause players to continue to be excited about the game.  While I personally thought the SC forge was underwhelming, it was still an update that gave you something to do.  Other Kickstarter updates include Arena Assualt, Squad Assault, Chain Challenge, SI Inheritance, etc. 

So yea.  The game has slowed down but I would still say it is healthy for the time being. 

...also am I the only one here who just likes looking at his army? Like, not using them, not really improving them, just... looking at my 5* units and their mini-portraits on the Edit Team screen?

No? Okay, cause that's another thing I like doing that never lets this game get old to me... I'll just be over here looking at my army... again.

58 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...also am I the only one here who just likes looking at his army? Like, not using them, not really improving them, just... looking at my 5* units and their mini-portraits on the Edit Team screen?

No? Okay, cause that's another thing I like doing that never lets this game get old to me... I'll just be over here looking at my army... again.

I'm actually kinda frustrated with my army.  I love most of them but there's roughly 1/4 of them that I either wish I didn't have or really want to use but can't because their nature breaks them.  Was really hoping for nature rerolls from SCs :(

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

I'm actually kinda frustrated with my army.  I love most of them but there's roughly 1/4 of them that I either wish I didn't have or really want to use but can't because their nature breaks them.  Was really hoping for nature rerolls from SCs :(

As much as I think nature rerolls would have made unit pulling trivial, I agree. I can name at least 10 of my units (most of them Red coincidentally) that I wish had literally any other nature except the one they actually have. I swear I've been headhunting for Eliwood having +Att -literally anything else, and yet all I ever get is +HP...

Plus it would have let GHB and TT units begin having interesting combos of natures and builds...

what modes i would like to see in the future is:

a type Chain Challenge/Trial on GHB Lunatic and Infernal:
Rules:
- Cant use the same Character twice
- Your progress is saved after a battle, so you can progress right from there with your next team
- Loosing one unit ends the current battle and puts you after your last victory battle
- They arent limited Time Maps

Grande Chain Battle 1 Hard (using Hard/Lunatic maps):
Maps 5: 1 Narcian, 2 F!Robin, 3 Michalis, 4 Navarre, last Map is a new Map facing all 4 Grand Heroes with new skill sets at once with some support units
Teams to use 5
Reward: Coins and a new exclusiv Sacred Seal that cant be forged

Grande Chain Battle 2 Lunatic (using Lunatic Maps):
Maps 5: 1 Ursula, 2 Lloyd, 3 Xander, 4 Camus, last Map is a new Map facing all 4 Grand Heroes with new skill sets at once with some support units
Teams to use 5

Grande Chain Battle 3 Infernal (using Infernal Maps):
Maps 6: 1 Zephiel, 2 Clarisse, 3 Legion, 4 Berkut, 5 Valter, last Map is a new Map facing all 5 Grand Heroes with new skillsets + Black Knight at once
Teams to use 6
Reward: this one has to be really good

What type of modes/stuff would you like to see in the future?

2 hours ago, Hilda said:

what modes i would like to see in the future is:

a type Chain Challenge/Trial on GHB Lunatic and Infernal:
Rules:
- Cant use the same Character twice
- Your progress is saved after a battle, so you can progress right from there with your next team
- Loosing one unit ends the current battle and puts you after your last victory battle
- They arent limited Time Maps

Grande Chain Battle 1 Hard (using Hard/Lunatic maps):
Maps 5: 1 Narcian, 2 F!Robin, 3 Michalis, 4 Navarre, last Map is a new Map facing all 4 Grand Heroes with new skill sets at once with some support units
Teams to use 5

Grande Chain Battle 2 Lunatic (using Lunatic Maps):
Maps 5: 1 Ursula, 2 Lloyd, 3 Xander, 4 Camus, last Map is a new Map facing all 4 Grand Heroes with new skill sets at once with some support units
Teams to use 5

Grande Chain Battle 3 Infernal (using Infernal Maps):
Maps 6: 1 Zephiel, 2 Clarisse, 3 Legion, 4 Berkut, 5 Valter, last Map is a new Map facing all 5 Grand Heroes with new skillsets + Black Knight at once
Teams to use 6
Reward: this one has to be really good

What type of modes/stuff would you like to see in the future?

Sounds like a very tough game mode.Only the fittest of the fittest would survive infernal. Seems you are partial to coins and seals.

I would like to see some more interactivity within game modes. Dont know how it could be done though.

Difficult maps where you can change your team or at least some units.

Story modes with 'larger' maps, for example a grand hero battle, where you have to traverse a forest road spanning three to four maps until you reach a castle where the grand hero battle proper is located.

My problem with upping the difficulty that so far it's kinda just got more and more BS where you almost have to ba a whale or jus have extreme luck in summoning to get through. While there are a lot of ways to get free orbs a wide majority of them are locked off from the people who really need them the f2p people. It rewards wales with more orbs and the fish kinda just get screwed. The rich get richer and the poor stay that way. I get that's kinda the business model of gatcha games but it still irks me to no end that's it's just impossible for me to get larger orb rewards because I don't have enough orbs to spend to get the heroes I need dispite playing the game steadily since launch.

Honestly I'm fine with harder maps but the way IS is going about it with stat boosting everyone into oblivion just isn't fun. 

I don't know how to go about making it harder but still fair I just don't think that giving us map after map of the same broken enemies is the solution. 

Maybe they could make some maps bigger than one screen so you don't get swarmed in like two or less turns but that might hurt the balance of the game.

The idea that you guys are proposing are interesting and the multi-map GHB is from a fantasy standpoint awesome but I'm afraid IS is gonna take it too far.

Kind of.

Chain Challenges are about the only fun I still have when it comes to core FE gameplay...and that's with me having nothing but bad things to say about the awful stat inflation.  Otherwise Heroes is just fun for completing builds/collecting characters. So like every other mobage pretty much.

We haven't really had a new GHB in more than a month I believe, and October hasn't had any reruns either for some reason.  Tempest Trials have good rewards but it's basically the same maps OVER and OVER again hundreds of times.  Yeah autobattling Lunatic is a thing but I use my phone for other things than playing FEH.

Voting Gauntlets, again, have good rewards but it's so tedious logging in every 30 minutes to do a short match. Unless you play FEH all day, in which case I don't know what to say.

Arena really doesn't interest me anymore.  I basically just rise to tier 19, fall back to 18, rise to 19 again for low effort weekly orbs.  Arena Assault is still boring, just more samey maps over and over again.  At least they give more rewards through quests now.