Blazing Sword Promoted Power Madness project

DiogoJorge

Hello, everyone. Now that I'm finished doing Binding Blade's Vindication balance project, I'm now working on this one.

I call it, Promoted Power Madness, unlike the other patch, this one isn't a balance patch, but rather a new way to enjoy this game. The concept is simple, all playable and enemy characters are already promoted from the get go (with the exception of Hector or Eliwood in their respective stories in order to avoid conflict with their obligatory promotion), the playable characters also get a boost to their growths and the overall lv cap is raised to 30, enemies get their stats changed as well, but to a lesser extent, so that it fits with the changes whitout making it easy or unreasonably hard.

Edited by DiogoJorge

Really Interesting, sounds like a cool idea! Especially, considering I get to use Blade Lord Lyn with a bow more often, as it wasn't as useful in the base game due to its weapon rank at the time of promotion. Definitely something I would mess around with for fun. Shame the forced promotion gets in the way of Hector and Eliwood, but hopefully there's other ways to keep the main lord up to speed with the rest of the cast. I'm looking forward to this hack!

5 minutes ago, Ragnell17 said:

Really Interesting, sounds like a cool idea! Especially, considering I get to use Blade Lord Lyn with a bow more often, as it wasn't as useful in the base game due to its weapon rank at the time of promotion. Definitely something I would mess around with for fun. Shame the forced promotion gets in the way of Hector and Eliwood, but hopefully there's other ways to keep the main lord up to speed with the rest of the cast. I'm looking forward to this hack!

One solution would be to pick the one Lord you don't want to use as the main character, that way, the other one gets to be promoted from the get-go. That's how I plan to make it. Since the game treats chapter 12 differently for each character, it's possible edit the characters so they are promoted. For instance Chapter 12H (Hector) it's possible to edit Eliwood to be a Knight Lord from the get-go while on Chapter 12E (Eliwood) It's possible to edit Hector to be a Great Lord from the get-go.

Edited by DiogoJorge

You can kinda bypass the forced promotion by going into Nightmare and editing the Knight Lord and Great Lord classes so they promote into themselves instead of their unpromoted version. This will revert them to Level 1 anyways but won't affect their stats, so the main lord will have some extra levels thanks to that.

On 07/10/2017 at 12:49 PM, CrystalPoke said:

You can kinda bypass the forced promotion by going into Nightmare and editing the Knight Lord and Great Lord classes so they promote into themselves instead of their unpromoted version. This will revert them to Level 1 anyways but won't affect their stats, so the main lord will have some extra levels thanks to that.

Yeah, got the same idea just recently and did just that. One thing I can do to reduce level gains is to have Hector to be lv 20 in his starting chapter. he would still have 10 levels to go, but those would go much more slowly. Same for Eliwood's starting chapter.

Interesting idea. It would certainly increase the viability of several units early. I'm thinking Lyn and the healbots specifically but having Oswin with 5 move is nice. Are you planning to give Marcus a major boost to keep him as jeigan or allow him to become obsolete?

Edited by Randombobman

On 08/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, Randombobman said:

Interesting idea. It would certainly increase the viability of several units early. I'm thinking Lyn and the healbots specifically but having Oswin with 5 move is nice. Are you planning to give Marcus a major boost to keep him as jeigan or allow him to become obsolete?

He will still be a Jaegan. In fact, he will have the same stats except for his lv which will be raised to 10, since he joins early, his growths will be increased though.

Wooo, i'm really excited to see the final result. Btw, I think it would be interesting if you kept the units at higher stats than what I saw in the video, see if it's possible to raise stat caps. You can make it fe7 with bigger numbers.

On 14/10/2017 at 5:17 AM, Brave Merc Drew said:

Wooo, i'm really excited to see the final result. Btw, I think it would be interesting if you kept the units at higher stats than what I saw in the video, see if it's possible to raise stat caps. You can make it fe7 with bigger numbers.

I can raise the caps, but I'm keeping those base stats for those characters, as said before, their growths will be much higher as well to compensate.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Kysafen said:

inb4SacredStonesprepromoteversionwhereArturbreakseverything

MakehimashamanwithEDark

That looks really cool. Although you really should replace half those berserkers with Warriors.

Also, although this is more for flavor, give Glass the Mani Katti. Which he can't use. For FLAVOR!

4 hours ago, Kruggov said:

MakehimashamanwithEDark

That looks really cool. Although you really should replace half those berserkers with Warriors.

Also, although this is more for flavor, give Glass the Mani Katti. Which he can't use. For FLAVOR!

I suppose I could make them Warriors instead, it's just it feels like I'm cheating on my project if I pick Warriors instead of the canon promotion of Berserker for Brigands. But I suppose I can do that if it's only about half of them.

Didn't he fail to get it in the first place? Since he's planing to tear the rock holding it and you interrupted that part? It feels unecessary.

Edited by DiogoJorge

2 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

I suppose I could make them Warriors instead, it's just it feels like I'm cheating on my project if I pick Warriors instead of the canon promotion of Berserker for Brigands. But I suppose I can do that if it's only about half of them.

It's more like seeing constant 15% crit chances is... scary. At least you gave them Poison Axes, so they have a hard time hitting somebody or doing significant damage if they hit.

5 minutes ago, DiogoJorge said:

Didn't he fail to get it in the first place? Since he's planing to tear the rock holding it and you interrupted that part? It feels unecessary.

He DID get the sword, he just couldn't draw it from the scabbard. And AFAIK, the sword was not in the stone) But then again, it does seem unnecessary. I guess it's better if Glass never does get the sword)