I come to you for help, Serenes, as a person humbled...

shadowofchaos

YouCaring donation link: Click Here

Edit: People have asked about my paypal email. Please PM me about that.

Let me state the following before I begin:

1. I am very reluctant to do this. I pride myself in taking care of my future spouse financially and other ways. She has told me to swallow my pride and ask for help when I need it. I come to you for help, Serenes, as a person that has been humbled by life.

2. I have consulted with the admins and mods and they have approved this case of mine for me to post here.

@VincentASM thank you again for talking to them on my behalf about this situation.

Spoiler

5VFmNcD.jpg

If you follow my Twitter, you would have probably seen some posts about the ordeal both Belinda and I have been going through.

To put it simply, we had bed bugs infest our bedroom. We, however do not know how we tracked it into the apartment. We don't take random furniture or stuff on the side of the road. We make sure to clean regularly. We don't invite people at all in besides Belinda's family. And we don't travel at all. The apartment says that they made sure bed bugs were not in the apartment before we moved in in March/April of this year... but since we don't do risky behaviors and bed bugs can live about a year without feeding... some part of me still holds on to this not being our fault. But as an adult, I guess I'll just have to suck it up.

Due to the apartment's bed bug addendum (policies) we are responsible for shouldering the entire cost of the treatment *AND* prevention treatment for the entire building. I had a panic attack at the office when the dropped the value on me. It was $3000. And one said we were expected to pay for it on 4 months. I don't make nearly enough for that with our student loans and rent and food and gas and car maintenance for our only car we heavily rely  on to get us both to work. I felt utter despair and as much as I hate making  a scene IRL... it was enough for them to nearly call 911. Which would have probably made me worse considering that would have cost us as well.

The good news is that it didn't spread to the other apartments... but the cost is still the same due to them applying the treatment as a preventative measure. We were required to remove all of our clothes to launder and dry them offsite that weekend. The closest laundromat being a few miles from here. And since we had a huge volume of stuff, only one handmedown car from her parents... we had to use the bigger machines and I had to pretty much use up a majority of my vacation time from work to get everything done. I stayed up late, not getting a wink of sleep last weekend to make sure everything was done. Any clothing/blankets that couldn't be laundered in hot water or dryed in high heat in the dryer (to kill any hiding bugs to prevent reinfestation) had to be thrown away.

I was shitposting during my all nighter to make myself feel better on Twitter:

We had to get rid of the mattress that Monday morning. At 9am sharp. It also had to be shrink wrapped to prevent it from spreading bugs everywhere. The dump wasn't open until 7 am. Neither do I have a pick up truck to move it. Man, it's like they expect everyone out here in the country to have one or know someone that has a pick up truck. So I had to call for help from Belinda's parents (who also don't have a pickup truck) to drive over to Lowes to rent a pick up truck to do so.

This knocked out all of our savings (especially for the wedding) and more. I think we were responsible enough in managing our money. We didn't get into debt. We weren't living beyond our means. We only got nice things once in a while like orbs or a decent dinner a Japanese restaurant. We saved to pay the student loans and for our wedding on April 12, 2019. It made me question and ask "what did we do to deserve this?" many times. But as both dads (mine and her) and their infinite wisdom have said: "This isn't about whether you deserved it or not. It's about you trying to get back up, pick up the pieces, and getting stronger."

I was a lot more panicked last week when this was all happening. Especially since "when it rains it pours"... when Belinda and I came back from a company picnic we were required to go to (basically my duty station was at the park near where I work to enjoy the day but are *REQUIRED* to be there for the usual hours to get paid) our windshield was just cracked. We're asking her dad about the car insurance since he pays for it and still owns the car... but when we went to look at a place that can repair it... it was too big and too long to repair. The entire windshield costs $200. And if we don't repair it... we might be in danger of getting stopped by a cop here and get a ticket.

Spoiler

1rJJNiT.jpg

I took a picture of it while at a stoplight. It reflects the sun when it's behind you. Which is why I'll get stopped by a cop if they see this.

Spoiler

p2OKPPA.jpg

Bad things just kept piling up that you guys don't need to worry about. I will not bore you about how I felt like life was being unfair at the time.

Oh and by the way... the place we were staying at... Belinda's parents' house? They have the bugs now too.

*sigh*

We're slowly getting back on our feet. And some sense of normalcy is helping me think clearly about how we are to overcome this and somehow have that wedding (we don't want an extravagant one.... just a decent, nice occasion to celebrate) we were saving up for.

Our house is still a mess. We're still trying to find out what we've lost. What we still need to get rid of for safety reasons. We need to buy things. A new mattress (which we will wait for next month to prevent it from getting reinfested) Bed bug mattress covers. Bed bug pillow cover. A new pillow for Belinda (which we had to trash). Bed bug interceptors. And some of those same things for her parents.

Spoiler

HYuIHGz.jpg

7AoCwrz.jpg

9KltNjk.jpg

Our car is full of bags for our clothes.

Spoiler

lrMmB0t.jpg

...My credit card balance was never more than $200-$300 at any one time and I usually paid that off immediately.

The balance is over $1000 at this point.

There isn't a danger of us being evicted right now. I'm doing my best to be diplomatic and work out payments with the office. But even though we're standing up... Belinda made me swallow my pride and admit that we need help. I'm going to post this on Facebook for my family and friends... but I've been so disconnected from them (and majority of them that I haven't talked to them in years are in the PHILIPPINES... so they won't be able to contribute much even if at all)

We're trying to sell/trade in our games (consoles are a last resort). I'm reluctant to sell FE JP merchandise that I can probably never get back... but if we have to... that's what I'll do.

My dad is dealing with recovery from a colon tumor operation (thank goodness he's doing fine though) so he can't help.

Belinda's family is dealing with paying off a medical operation for her mom so they can't help *FINANCIALLY* (though they have helped out plenty during this ordeal).

People of Serenes... I feel like I can really only turn to you and my followers from Youtube/Twitter/wherever for help. While there is an arrangement to pay this debt off... I don't think we can bear this burden all alone.

I am not expecting anyone to donate at all. I just want to do what's best for my future spouse. So here I am. Humbled that any sense of comfort life has is very fragile. Maybe I was too cocky and life needed to remind me that I have to be grateful for what I have, being better off than many people out there in the world.

I want to make sure that there is full transparency during all this. While I did only put my last initial on the fundraiser... this is because my last name is kind of unique. If you google that, the people you find in the results are 98% gonna be someone I have seen when I was a kid or actually have spoken to. I don't want to out myself or my family on the internet. But if you really need that info, please PM me.

Any receipts or photos you require of me, I will post.

I will post here if I use any money donated for anything other than paying the cost for the exterminators. If you need me to, I will show exactly what the money is going to.

Thank you so much, people of Serenes Forest,

Rey L

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I've done what little I can, for a push that I hope pays off.

Thank you so much.

I'm still trying to manage how to properly respond to this. I don't ever want to be seen or even feel like someone sees that I am taking advtantage of peoples' kindness.

Thank you again.

4 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Thank you so much.

I'm still trying to manage how to properly respond to this. I don't ever want to be seen or even feel like someone sees that I am taking advtantage of peoples' kindness.

Thank you again.

I understand that pride all too well, until I got into a situation I had to rely on others, and I don't think you're taking advantage, you're asking for help in a responsible manner, and sometimes us guys need someone to kick us in the rear to let us know when to ask for it haha.

Edited by Jedi

5 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

I guess I'll help out a bit

and I'll throw in whatever's in my tip jar tonight

Thank you so much.

4 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

I can't help financially, SoC, but you're in my prayers!

I appreciate it. Thank you.

I feel bad not being able to donate. I'm unemployed and living on SSI atm.

If it's okay with you though, I can ask the admin of RP Repository to help raise funds. She's pretty awesome, and every little bit helps, right? You and Belinda need all the help you can get with those risen. We don't want things getting so bad that your kid has to come from a torn messed up future, back in time to help you fight.

just sent you a little bit of cash, I'm not sure how much of it you'll get after fees and all that fun stuff

wish it was like twitch where I can take care of the transaction fee

Edited by Captain Karnage

Um, I really wonder if I could help in any ways, I'll see but I can't make any promises since I'm Canadian and I don't know if our money can be transfered into yours.

However if it can makes you any better... about how they got here:

My parents and I still live in the same apartment and a few years, we got hit by a mouse infestation: a mother and her babies. Nothing too major like you but it was still a pain.

Anyway, we wondered how they end up in here since just like you, we don't take random funitures on the street. We are the oldest tenant here, and most of the neightbors have moved over the years. Anyway, one family had just arrived here and according to the owner, he believed it was them who brought the mouses with them.

So if you have other peoples, maybe they somehow brought the bugs and they choosed your bedroom.

Not your fault if it's the case.

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

just sent you a little bit of cash, I'm not sure how much of it you'll get after fees and all that fun stuff

wish it was like twitch where I can take care of the transaction fee

Thank you so much.

I will keep track of paypal donations and put it in the goal tracker.

1 hour ago, ChaoticHoundoom said:

I can't give any money, but I sure as hell can spread it all over social media. I wish I could do more though.

Thank you so much.

1 hour ago, Nym said:

Um, I really wonder if I could help in any ways, I'll see but I can't make any promises since I'm Canadian and I don't know if our money can be transfered into yours.

However if it can makes you any better... about how they got here:

My parents and I still live in the same apartment and a few years, we got hit by a mouse infestation: a mother and her babies. Nothing too major like you but it was still a pain.

Anyway, we wondered how they end up in here since just like you, we don't take random funitures on the street. We are the oldest tenant here, and most of the neightbors have moved over the years. Anyway, one family had just arrived here and according to the owner, he believed it was them who brought the mouses with them.

So if you have other peoples, maybe they somehow brought the bugs and they choosed your bedroom.

Not your fault if it's the case.

Please, don't worry about it if you can't.

Well, I guess that's my -Luck flaw kicking in I guess. Haha. (I think making bad jokes about one's own situation is a sign of acceptance, right?)

48 minutes ago, Shuuda said:

I hope my donation reaches you. Good luck.

It did. Thank you.

Edit: People are giving so generously from other places. I'm gonna update the goal as offline donations.

Geez guys... You're gonna make me cry.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I've been following this incident unfold on Twitter, so I had some idea of the severity. But yowch, when you put everything into perspective ^^;;;

Hopefully we can work together to solve this problem!

Regrettably I'm unable to donate a large amount, since I'm rather poor. But I donated a little to start with and I may able to donate again further down the line, if it's still necessary at that point.

17 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

I've been following this incident unfold on Twitter, so I had some idea of the severity. But yowch, when you put everything into perspective ^^;;;

Hopefully we can work together to solve this problem!

Regrettably I'm unable to donate a large amount, since I'm rather poor. But I donated a little to start with and I may able to donate again further down the line, if it's still necessary at that point.

Geez, you'll make me feel even more guilty taking from you then. Haha.

Thank you, my friend. Just talking with you about it earlier helped me compose my thoughts to better present it here.

Instead of the panic mode you saw me being in our Twitter DMs.

I'm still in shitpost denial making jokes with heroes and our dillema:

Edited by shadowofchaos

23 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Thank you, my friend. Just talking with you about it earlier helped me compose my thoughts to better present it here.

Dude continue to be in shitpost denial if it means keeping you sane during this whole situation. 

44 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Please, don't worry about it if you can't.

Well, I guess that's my -Luck flaw kicking in I guess. Haha. (I think making bad jokes about one's own situation is a sign of acceptance, right?)

In the end I really can't, and it's bugging me.

But I wish to be some kind of moral support if possible.

26 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Oh no, I'm not literally poor, thankfully. So you don't have to feel bad at all. I can still afford luxuries, just not that many ^^;;;

More than enough, I'm happy I could help out. I generally suck at being a pillar of support, but if I helped out even a little just by listening or being there, that makes me glad.

Haha, it's good to see you're able to poke fun at the situation. That's a good sign, I think.

5 minutes ago, Nym said:

In the end I really can't, and it's bugging me.

But I wish to be some kind of moral support if possible.

Haha. Bugging haha.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Haha, it's good to see you're able to poke fun at the situation. That's a good sign, I think.

You could say it was... EATING AWAY AT ME when I felt alone a week ago. EH? EEEHHH?

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This really really sucks, and I'm sorry I can't help financially at the moment. It's possible that I would be able to chime in a few months later, preferably before your 4 month payment period ends.

Thank you.

We're working with the apartment to try and just add it to our rent split up.

I think it's reasonable to tell them that everything will be due if we can't renew the lease or something.

Like I said, we're calm enough to be able to try and handle the situation. And all of this support, moral and financial, from the community is giving us strength to get through this.

Edited by shadowofchaos

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Haha. Bugging haha.

Thank you.

You could say it was... EATING AWAY AT ME when I felt alone a week ago. EH? EEEHHH?

YEA and remember what we do with a bug?

KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

(Btw, did you or Belinda got bite and if yes, are you okay?)

Edited by Nym

1 minute ago, Nym said:

YEA and remember what we do with a bug?

KILL IT, KILL IT WITH FIRE!

What I would have given for an Elfire and an Elwind tome to make a pseudo heater for the house to raise it to 140 degrees for the whole apartment.

That would have killed them all without bothering anything.

Just now, Infinite Dreams said:

I'm so sorry.  Your situation is my biggest nightmare.  :(:

Sent $20 USD your way.  

Thank you so much.

To be honest... what I consider vampiric bugs causing you to wake up from itches and bites was not something I ever considered I'd deal with. Ever.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

What I would have given for an Elfire and an Elwind tome to make a pseudo heater for the house to raise it to 140 degrees for the whole apartment.

My my, you seem to have quite a burning passion for killing those annoying insects.

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

You sure Elwind wouldn't make your apartment look like a tornado hit it?