I come to you for help, Serenes, as a person humbled...

shadowofchaos

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Thank you so much.

To be honest... what I consider vampiric bugs causing you to wake up from itches and bites was not something I ever considered I'd deal with. Ever.

I've never had them, but my cousin and some of my friends have.   Just reading about them made me a little crazy.  Those bugs are pure evil:(:  Good luck and stay strong.  

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I've never had them, but my cousin and some of my friends have.   Just reading about them made me a little crazy.  Those bugs are pure evil:(:  Good luck and stay strong.  

I've heard stories about them.

When Belinda was scared to sleep on the couch fearing they'd follow her... I slept in the bed for those two days.

They bit me. Hard. Since there was only one body to feed from.

I've never felt so scared and violated sleeping in my own home.

Thank you so much for the support.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

It's been 2 hours and you already have $500, Rey. I can't give you any money, but you at least have my empathies (I had to deal with a roach infestation once, pain in the ass I tell you what.)

Everyone has been so kind.

I wish I could go up to each and every person and say thank you IRL. Even if it's just wishing us luck. The outpouring of support is... to say the least... gives us more encouragement than we could have imagined we could ever have.

I have a question that the FAQ on the YouCaring site does not provide an answer to.

I did not see PayPal set up, but while I do not mind people seeing my donate as Rezzy or Rachel or whatever, I do not want my last name out there either.  It asks for the name on the credit card, either mine or my spouse's, but it does not say explicitly that that name is not displayed, either to the recipient or the site at large.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have a question that the FAQ on the YouCaring site does not provide an answer to.

I did not see PayPal set up, but while I do not mind people seeing my donate as Rezzy or Rachel or whatever, I do not want my last name out there either.  It asks for the name on the credit card, either mine or my spouse's, but it does not say explicitly that that name is not displayed, either to the recipient or the site at large.

If I remember correctly Shuuda donated as "anonymous".

Is there an option for that?

14 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

If I remember correctly Shuuda donated as "anonymous".

Is there an option for that?

Does it display to you what our names are, or does it just show up as anonymous?  What information is conveyed to you?  I see someone posted as Kassie H.  I wouldn't mind first name, or even better is there a way to show a nickname?  As opposed to "Name on card", which is my spouse's most the time, anyway.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Does it display to you what our names are, or does it just show up as anonymous?  What information is conveyed to you?  I see someone posted as Kassie H.  I wouldn't mind first name, or even better is there a way to show a nickname?  As opposed to "Name on card", which is my spouse's most the time, anyway.

Spoiler

7sFfdwU.png

If you choose to be anonymous, it doesn't show me anything.

I edited last names out for those people... but from what I've seen there were some that just put the letter of their last name.

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

That was me.  In the last name field, I put the first initial of my last name because I didn't want to post it.

In the CC section on the next screen, I put my full name, but it won't display that information to the public.  It just shows the name you put on the first screen.  

I can’t offer much with my own financial status as a college student, but once I see that my last paycheck has gone through I’ll see what I can send you guys. 

I’ve kind of been following it all on Twitter, I’m so sorry you two are having to deal with this shitty life curveball. 

9 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:
  Reveal hidden contents

7sFfdwU.png

If you choose to be anonymous, it doesn't show me anything.

I edited last names out for those people... but from what I've seen there were some that just put the letter of their last name.

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

That was me.  In the last name field, I put the first initial of my last name because I didn't want to post it.

In the CC section on the next screen, I put my full name, but it won't display that information to the public.  It just shows the name you put on the first screen.  

Okay, I went ahead and put it in.  Sorry to sound paranoid, but I don't like to put my full name out there, or my spouse's, who may or may not have the same last name as me.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Okay, I went ahead and put it in.  Sorry to sound paranoid, but I don't like to put my full name out there, or my spouse's, who may or may not have the same last name as me.

That is completely understandable.

I would never want anyone to donate if they feel unable or uncomfortable in doing so.

I don't want people jeopardizing themselves on any level for our sake.

Thank you so much.

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I can’t offer much with my own financial status as a college student, but once I see that my last paycheck has gone through I’ll see what I can send you guys. 

I’ve kind of been following it all on Twitter, I’m so sorry you two are having to deal with this shitty life curveball. 

Please don't worry about it if you don't have the means to. Thank you.

Man, and I thought bedbugs were a thing of the past. I feel so sorry for you and Belinda. I myself have fleas in my home, but fortunately they don't bother us... instead the cat.

Anyway, I am afraid that I lack the ability to provide money. However, I am glad to see how many people are supporting you. This is certainly a difficult part of life, having to deal with multiple, out-of-your-hand situations, but this is merely a part of life. Sometimes people need to hit a low spot in order to go higher in their life. And asking others for help can be very difficult to do, I know.

But anyway, I will try to be a moral supporter, and mayhaps I can send you help at a later time. Still, remember - there is honor in humility, and Serenesforest will stand behind you.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Man, and I thought bedbugs were a thing of the past. I feel so sorry for you and Belinda. I myself have fleas in my home, but fortunately they don't bother us... instead the cat.

Anyway, I am afraid that I lack the ability to provide money. However, I am glad to see how many people are supporting you. This is certainly a difficult part of life, having to deal with multiple, out-of-your-hand situations, but this is merely a part of life. Sometimes people need to hit a low spot in order to go higher in their life. And asking others for help can be very difficult to do, I know.

But anyway, I will try to be a moral supporter, and mayhaps I can send you help at a later time. Still, remember - there is honor in humility, and Serenesforest will stand behind you.

Bedbugs have been making a resurgence lately.  In Chicago, they were particularly bad, and a friend of mine had them at his apartment recently as well.

Unfortunately, I'm unable to contribute to this as a student, but I really wish I could. Any sort of infestation can lead to tons of headaches and problems. Our house had a hornet problem a long time ago, and even though I was very young at the time, I still remember the struggles my family went through and understood how bad the problem was. 

Best wishes to you and Belinda, I hope this mess is sorted out as quickly as possible! We're all with you two!

7 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Thank you so much for the support.

Like I said, maybe I was just being a little too cocky and ungrateful. And life sent me a harsh reminder to be humble.

But also that we're never really alone.

I guess the "misery invites company" never sounded so positive to me until now.

But also, even in our spaghetti scrounging... we found some laughs:

https://twitter.com/shadwofchaos725/status/916793037963104258

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Bedbugs have been making a resurgence lately.  In Chicago, they were particularly bad, and a friend of mine had them at his apartment recently as well.

Urgh. I remember reading so many articles because my mind was just racing all over the place last week.

3 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Unfortunately, I'm unable to contribute to this as a student, but I really wish I could. Any sort of infestation can lead to tons of headaches and problems. Our house had a hornet problem a long time ago, and even though I was very young at the time, I still remember the struggles my family went through and understood how bad the problem was. 

Best wishes to you and Belinda, I hope this mess is sorted out as quickly as possible! We're all with you two!

Thank you so much. Just that alone is support enough.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm recovering from my own personal things, so it's going to be a while before I have much extra money.  Unfortunately, I don't know much of anyone up there.  Best I can do is offer moral support.  Sorry!

Man, I want to help, but unfortunately I don't have even a penny to give. Best I can do is wish you luck and hope things turn out for the best. I'll share this around where I can, see if I can raise the awareness.

Edited by Power Master

I really can’t help much financially, but I will keep this in my prayers. I really hope everything clears up. Can’t say I know what a bed bug infestation is like, but I do know what the stress of financial issues are. 

Seriously, I hope everything clears up. I’ll be praying for you.

4 hours ago, Neopolitan said:

Sorry, I'm broke, but I did post this in my discord server. I'm sure some of them will be willing to help.

Thank you so much! Moral support from all of you is plenty!

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm recovering from my own personal things, so it's going to be a while before I have much extra money.  Unfortunately, I don't know much of anyone up there.  Best I can do is offer moral support.  Sorry!

Thank you so much for the support!

2 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Were you or Belinda bitten?! I hope not! Those suckers are NASTY!

All over my back. Especially bad on the Friday and Saturday before we got rid of the bed. They only had one body to bite.

I even woke up with one on my chest and squished it.

I literally woke up from a nightmare INTO a nightmare.

2 hours ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Donated. Good luck.

Thank you so much. Really, I can't thank everyone who donated enough.

1 hour ago, Power Master said:

Man, I want to help, but unfortunately I don't have even a penny to give. Best I can do is wish you luck and hope things turn out for the best. I'll share this around where I can, see if I can raise the awareness.

Just sending us hopeful thoughts is plenty helping. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Tolvir said:

I really can’t help much financially, but I will keep this in my prayers. I really hope everything clears up. Can’t say I know what a bed bug infestation is like, but I do know what the stress of financial issues are. 

Seriously, I hope everything clears up. I’ll be praying for you.

Definitely appreciate the prayers. All of this outpuring of support is giving me a lot of hope.

A friend even linked this... from a game both Belinda and I treasure:

Spoiler

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't think I can afford to donate, but like I said on Twitter, here's hoping you get that bed bug situation fixed. Sometimes, nature can be a bully; while I'm not allergic, I don't like bees or wasps since I was young, and it pains me to swat em down on my own. I haven't been stung in a long time, but I still take a careful yet unnerved approach to taking them out. So in a way, I relate to finding bugs bothersome, even if I don't have your issue.

Here's hoping you get enough money to stop those pesky insects.