I come to you for help, Serenes, as a person humbled...

shadowofchaos

I'm so happy for you that the community has come to help you! You're almost 1/3 way there. 

Though I have no ability to donate (my wallet is sucked up by college), I do hope that you reach your goal! 

Please be well. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I don't think I can afford to donate, but like I said on Twitter, here's hoping you get that bed bug situation fixed. Sometimes, nature can be a bully; while I'm not allergic, I don't like bees or wasps since I was young, and it pains me to swat em down on my own. I haven't been stung in a long time, but I still take a careful yet unnerved approach to taking them out. So in a way, I relate to finding bugs bothersome, even if I don't have your issue.

Here's hoping you get enough money to stop those pesky insects.

21 hours ago, Aera said:

I'm so happy for you that the community has come to help you! You're almost 1/3 way there. 

Though I have no ability to donate (my wallet is sucked up by college), I do hope that you reach your goal! 

Please be well. 

Thank you for all the hopeful wishes, everyone.

While it wasn't that restful of a sleep on an air mattress in the middle of a messy house... I slept with no fear of waking up to being evicted.

Thank you all. Just for the moral support.

10 hours ago, LordOTaco said:

Sent some money your way.  To quote Starship Troopers.  The only good bug is a dead bug!

And thank you especially.

Edit: Wow. Hope on the horizon already. A house next to her parent's house just got put up on the market.

And if we move there, our monthly payment for owning the house is less than half of what we pay rent right now (without the extra tacked on for the exterminator fees).

Goodness... We just need to get through this ordeal.

Thank you so much, people of Serenes, and my friends outside of here... I guess the despair equaled the hope after the trial.

EDIT

EXCUSE ME WHAT:

mFAuGMQ.png

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think this is justifiable with a double post...

RlKUxi3.png

There are no words.

Life humbled us with this misfortune.

And we are again humbled by the kindness this person has shown.

...This isn't a dream is it?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I was going to donate as I had some spare cash and I wouldn't want to imagine anyone dealing with bed bugs (o_o), but I saw that you reached your goal especially thanks to that $2,000 donation o_o

I hope everything comes back together Reylinda.

11 hours ago, BLSoldier said:

I was going to donate as I had some spare cash and I wouldn't want to imagine anyone dealing with bed bugs (o_o), but I saw that you reached your goal especially thanks to that $2,000 donation o_o

I hope everything comes back together Reylinda.

Some part of me woke up today thinking that was a dream.

8 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Unbelievable. Amazing job everyone! Likewise, I can't even think of the words to thank the mystery $2000 donator ^^

...I still can't believe that everyone here gave us everything back.

if not more. Our hope. We can still save up for our dream (but modest) wedding.

On 08/10/2017 at 4:10 PM, shadowofchaos said:

Thank you for all the hopeful wishes, everyone.

While it wasn't that restful of a sleep on an air mattress in the middle of a messy house... I slept with no fear of waking up to being evicted.

Thank you all. Just for the moral support.

And thank you especially.

Edit: Wow. Hope on the horizon already. A house next to her parent's house just got put up on the market.

And if we move there, our monthly payment for owning the house is less than half of what we pay rent right now (without the extra tacked on for the exterminator fees).

Goodness... We just need to get through this ordeal.

Thank you so much, people of Serenes, and my friends outside of here... I guess the despair equaled the hope after the trial.

EDIT

EXCUSE ME WHAT:

mFAuGMQ.png

WTF

Wow, this is incredible!

But congrats, you and Belinda have seen the light at the end of the tunnel! Perhaps more earlier that you have expected xD.

Edited by Nym

... Wow!

Frankly, I feel like its a "It's a Wonderful Life" situation. You asked for help when you needed help, and help you received. Not to mention the new housing situation. Anyway, I'm glad that things are looking up, and hopefully things will continue to improve in the coming months.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:17 PM, Rex Glacies said:

... Wow!

Frankly, I feel like its a "It's a Wonderful Life" situation. You asked for help when you needed help, and help you received. Not to mention the new housing situation. Anyway, I'm glad that things are looking up, and hopefully things will continue to improve in the coming months.

It makes me tear up seeing everything.

5 hours ago, Professor Groeteschele said:

Donated. Good luck you guys.

Oh geez. Thank you!

xUDAybg.png

We've met the goal and I don't think I can take any more donations in good conscience!

I'm gonna try to figure out how to close donations on the page when I get home.

Edit: It appears the actual page DISAPPEARS when I deactivate it.

I posted an update for our donors (and click the thank you buttons for each one that isn't anonymous) and will keep it up a little longer so they get the good news.

Only thing I regret about some anonymous donors:

https://twitter.com/shadwofchaos725/status/918653656131690496

Edited by shadowofchaos

Good to see you reached your goal in a relatively fast amount of time. I'm sorry I couldn't really do much to help... but I'm glad there were many other good-hearted people out there willing to do so. : )

• 3 months later...

I was going to update everyone on how lucky we are now in a new house.

We're in the negatives. But we got out.

And that I was going to start giving back to the community.

But apparently it isn't over.

I will not ask for help from the community again. You've already given so much.

But I'm just going to say...

"What did I do to deserve this?"

We just got tacked on another $2000 bill from the apartments.

Apparently they were still there.

And we're held responsible fir it despite the treatments. What the hell.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm sorry to hear your troubles aren't over. I really hope you manage to pull through.

Yeah, it seems extreme to hold you completely responsible, when I'm sure you did your best.

Hmm, after you did all the treatments, did you get any confirmation or guarantee that there were no traces of bed bugs?

I mean, can they really prove the bed bugs appeared while you were still there and not after you left?

1 hour ago, VincentASM said:

I mean, can they really prove the bed bugs appeared while you were still there and not after you left?

This is why I'm actually looking for a lawyer in the area for this right now.

2 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

We just got tacked on another $2000 bill from the apartments.

Apparently they were still there

who did you hire to do the extermination? You should bring it up to them, some of them have a guarantee that they'll do it again 

sorry for the very generic advise, there's not much else I can say, though you could bring it up to a local court.

17 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

who did you hire to do the extermination? You should bring it up to them, some of them have a guarantee that they'll do it again 

sorry for the very generic advise, there's not much else I can say, though you could bring it up to a local court.

We didn't hire them.

The apartment hired them. Which is why I'm going to dig for the lease agreement in our house and then try to get a lawyer for legal advice.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

We didn't hire them.

The apartment hired them. Which is why I'm going to dig for the lease agreement in our house and then try to get a lawyer for legal advice.

that's kinda shady, you have to pay through your land lord for the service, that can open a can of worms in regards to how much is actually being paid to the extermination company, as the land lord could be pocketing some amount of that money as it's not being used for the intended purpose.

if you can could you send me a picture or really anything (removing any personal information of course) on the lease agreement 

1 hour ago, Captain Karnage said:

if you can could you send me a picture or really anything (removing any personal information of course) on the lease agreement 

It's a huge document.

And I think the only copy I have on hand is of the old one from the one bedroom apartment.

52 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's a huge document.

And I think the only copy I have on hand is of the old one from the one bedroom apartment.

I'm not sure how it works in your state, but you might want to go to the county or city clerk to find the contract on record as it's required by law in some states. In some places they have to have digital copies on record so you may have luck doing that. I can take a look at for things that may be overlooked in things you are responsible for, but for fine details I'm only familiar with TN laws.

I got an appointment with a lawyer referred by the Alabama bar association for Saturday at 2pm.

They will only charge $50 for the initial 30 min consultation.

Hopefully this will put things to rest whatever it may be.

Update from what happened today:

I did that initial consultation. And they say that I have a very good argument. They looked through the lease agreement and the bed bug addendum.

They suggested we clarify a few things by me going to the apartment and telling them that I don't feel like I do owe the charges.

(Obviously I owe them stuff for the pets doing carpet damage and stuff)

But the fact that I have been a good resident paying all my bills on time, even as much as going to the internet to beg for help to pay the outrageous fees for getting rid of the problem, and *THEN* coming back around and trying to get me to pay for another treatment?

The lawyer suggested I don't hint that I have already gotten a consultation. I plainly stated my case and that if the higher ups (I have no beef with the actual people at the office of the apartments) keep insisting that I have to pay for the bed bug treatments again and not settle this with the exterminators, that I will seek legal advice/representation.

We will find out the results of this on Tuesday, since they're closed on Sunday, the person who hired the exterminators wasn't here today, and I will be gone elsewhere for medical reasons on Monday.

*HOPEFULLY* this can be settled peacefully already. I just want to have a good life and officially marry my "all but in name" wife. With that initial $50 consultation.

If they don't give in, a legal letter for another $50.

Then if not... well... you know, court.

I plainly stated "is it worth it for both parties?"

Because the longer this drags out, the bigger the headache for both parties.

I'm so salty. I did all the math including the "non-explicit" costs associated with doing all the bed bug instructions, clothes, crap we had to get rid of and replace... like a new bed... moving into the new house... the appraiser... the house inspection... the earnest money for the house... the apartment lease break penalty fee...

Without your guys' $3000 donation into account...

I spent $6000. We would have had enough money for a wedding where we wanted it already. We even had to skimp out on giving family members Christmas and Birthday presents.

*ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS*

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 4 weeks later...

At last, bring closure upon this situation.

The lawyer has provided us an agreement that the apartment has signed that we aren't liable for any more bed bug damages.

All of the carpet damages (from the cat clawing at the carpet) which I think is grossly exaggarate cost and the lease breaking fee was due at the time of the agreement.

It has all been paid for by my tax refunds as of today.

While we are still in debt via my credit cards... It is of the managable kind.

At last after a few months of hell... We can breathe. A wonderful much needed breath of fresh air.

We finally have some money again in the wedding fund.

And we're finally in a house.

Of course that comes with its own headaches... But it's nothing we can't handle.

And this would not have been possible without all of you.

I, again, come to you, Serenes, a humbled man. Not from life being harsh... But humbled by the kindness this community has shown me and my fiance. I come to you with heart full of gratitude.

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you for saving us.

~Rey and Belinda