Would you be interested in a male playable Manakete?

Corrobin

Would you like a male Manakete to be playable?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Conditional

Aside from Bantu and Xane from the original Archanea games, we haven't had a male Manakete be playable (not counting M!Corrin or M!Kana). Would you like in the next, or at least a future FE game for the Manakete/Dragon shapeshifter character be a male?

100% yes. As much as I think Fae, Myrrh and Tiki are cute, I'm sick of the weird dichotomy FE's established for itself where all the good Manaketes/dragon descendants are largely female and all the evil/antagonistic Manaketes are male. We've only had five explicitly non-antagonistic male Manaketes/dragon descendants in Bantu, Xane, Gotoh, Nils and Morva, compared to every dragon big bad and Jahn, plus the enemy Manaketes and various Manakete bosses. Plus I'm just sick of loli dragons in general, and the closest thing we've had to a reprieve from that was adult Tiki in Awakening.

Edited by Azure Sen

Yeah, I'm tired of little girl dragons. I'd like more older ones and males ones like we had in Tellius. They weren't called manaketes since they were laguz instead, but they were still dragons.

I'm not a fan of lolis in general.  Most of the manaketes haven't been that bad, but Nowi, I dislike.

If you count Dragon Laguz, we got several male "manaketes" in the Tellius games.  Only Ena was a girl, and she wasn't even a loli!  Another reason to like Tellius.

3 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wait there's never been s male playable manakete?

Actual "I transform into a dragon" manaketes: Bantu, male Corrin, male Kana
Other manaketes: Nils, Xane

It would've been super-cool if Nils had transformed, but alas. . .

And sure, why not?  I'm for gender equality~!

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Wait there's never been s male playable manakete?

In addition to the ones Eclipse mentioned, there's the Dragon Laguz: Nasir, Kurthnaga, and Gareth, who are just manaketes by another name.  There's also Dheginsea, but he's not playable.

Absolutely. The trend towards young girls has worn its welcome. Nowi was particularly excessive since she's at least partially supposed to be a reference to SD Tiki, but we also have Tiki in the same game so she wasn't needed. And where she comes from, nobody knows.

Nagi was good, and Naga I'm fine with but now Mila has worn the welcome on Archanean styled women Manaketes. I don't want to see light green hair again. At least the royal Goldoans had dark green and Dheg was bald. I'll take another woman, just make them visually distinctive.

I'd be fine with another Nils or Kurthnaga, or Nasir, or Xane, even Bantu or Gareth (the forgettable). Or something else. Just not what we have been getting.

1 minute ago, ZeManaphy said:

Does Male Corrin and Kana not count?

Corrin is more a hybrid, and his dragoness is unimportant. Kana is the child of an avatar, and using them as a dragon isn't ideal at all thanks to Dragonstone limitations.

I would settle for non child looking Manaketes character because that got old fast in Awakening, but I would rather like another male one as long as they are not a child.  I really liked the dragon Laguz in RD and the return of male dragons like in RD would be neat.

He'll have to live up to the awesomeness of Bantu.

But really, I would like to see more. We only have Bantu, Nasir, and Kurthnaga in the 15 games of FE. And 2 are in the same game. I think it's time.

Yes please. While I love pretty much all the manaketes, I would like more variety in them other than just young girl who is actually 1000 years old. It's one of the reason I love Bantu and Nagi so much (And Adult Tiki but I love Tiki regardless).

Yup, I really don't like that most of the good manaketes are female. Speaking of which, in Fire Emblem Heroes, the Corrin that can transform into a dragon is the female one. Does anybody else think it was intentional, as in, they chose Female Corrin to transform simply because she was female?