Would you be interested in a male playable Manakete?

Corrobin

Would you like a male Manakete to be playable?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe/Conditional

doesn't matter how much i'd love to see a male manakete again, IntSys would never allow it

weebs wouldn't have anything to masturbate with anymore

Edited by Yexin

Absolutely. While I have no qualms with a few of the female manaketes, the "rule" that only female characters can transform and be benevolent is getting stale. I would be able to live with any type at this point (ie: shouta), as long as he has his own unique character and personality and is not tied to a self-insert.

27 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Yup, I really don't like that most of the good manaketes are female. Speaking of which, in Fire Emblem Heroes, the Corrin that can transform into a dragon is the female one. Does anybody else think it was intentional, as in, they chose Female Corrin to transform simply because she was female?

Pretty sure it's intentional, as it is the same in Heroes. Male Corrin only wields the Yato whereas his female counterpart transforms into a dragon.

I'd love to have another male manakete instead of another loli one.

35 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Yup, I really don't like that most of the good manaketes are female. Speaking of which, in Fire Emblem Heroes, the Corrin that can transform into a dragon is the female one. Does anybody else think it was intentional, as in, they chose Female Corrin to transform simply because she was female?

Never really thought of it like that. I just thought she was the one who got the transformation because most male lords are sword units. I wouldn't be surprised (especially since they gave her a little fang that I don't remember her having in Fates), but it is worth pointing out that MCorrin does semi-transform when his special activates. He gets his dragon tail, so that probably isn't the case.

I would prefer if there were no manaketes at all, or any other type of transformation character, because I'm not a fan of part animal part human characters. However, I know this is unlikely, so I'd definitely rather have male dragons, or at least any dragon characters that do not exist solely to appeal to... those with different tastes (I'm looking at you, Nowi, with your bikini and hot pants).

Honestly I just want it for a better ratio. I don't necessarily dislike any Female Manaketes, it's just that I'd like to see a few more Males. Nah would've been a great opportunity in Awakening and Tiki could've given more clarification into that in that time, but I guess we'll have to hope and/or wait.

Ideally the introduction and standardization of male, playable manaketes would also encourage more interesting character designs. The Three Default Manakete Designs (cutesy childlike girl that transforms into equivalently cutesy dragon, older woman with green hair and a gaze cast aside, evil old man in robes) are way ultra stale by now, and some more interesting character designs are in order. Some cooler dragon forms, too! Like Idunn's, or Rajaion's, or TMS Tiki's.

3 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Don't forget Gotoh! He was also a divine dragon.

Who's this Gotoh guy?  I always end up with Nagi. :P:

At this point, it's sort of nit-picking, because then I'd have to throw Sophia in the mix.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Who's this Gotoh guy?  I always end up with Nagi. :P:

You monster. :P:

Anyway, the main appeal of the little manakete (at least for me) is to see the small helpless kid grow into a huge dragon (or fluffy murderchicken, in one case). It's satisfying in a way, although you really mustn't think too hard of the implications. In a way, it's like Kid!Goku and Gohan in DB(Z) - it's just fun to watch the little dudes punching the "bad guys".

As such, I really don't care about the gender of the adorable killing machines. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief either way.