Datamine-Sacred Coin usage revealed

Armagon

So i was scrolling around Twitter and i saw a post by the (technically unofficial) FE Heroes News Twitter account that showed off some new images regarding a recent datamine. And one of them revealed how Sacred Coins will work.

DLqtXDHU8AESJpm.png

In the past, there have been many talks about what Sacred Coins would do but the most realistic expectation was that they'd upgrade Sacred Seals. And they do. With the help of badges too. Yayy, now those 300+ badges that i have can finally have more use other than upgrading Heroes.

We're also getting a new Bound Hero Battle

DLqt1OdUEAA5JOT.png

And a new Story Chapter

To be frank, badges are still entirely useless and we all have an endless amount of them. They could have made only the coins a requirement to forge and it would not have changed a single thing. I will always be missing coins to forge. Never will I be missing badges.

They could have instead allowed the badges to be converted into coins, perhaps at a rate of 10 large badges/100 small badges = 1 coin.

Upgrading all my (important) seals to their max level will take a long time. Maybe I should have taken Arena Assault rankings more seriously..

Edited by Vince777

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

To be frank, badges are still entirely useless and we all have an endless amount of them. They could have made only the coins a requirement to forge and it would not have changed a single thing.

They could have instead allowed the badges to be converted into coins, perhaps at a rate of 10 large badges/100 small badges = 1 coin.

Thats right, but people were complaining about badges piling up and collecting dusk so they had to give them a reason to exist again.

I noticed that badge income has increased dramatically, I got like 25 large badges for completing a training tower mission. 

Feels like a hard choice between Deflect Magic 3, Deflect Missile 3, Hardy Bearing 3, and DD 3. They all seem insanely good to have right now. Counter Rein, Lyn, vantage users or make your own DC user/tank extra super bulky.  Not to mention I'd like Spd +3 to further bandaid my -spd S Corrin.

I'm curious how many quests will reward us with coins, since all my efforts getting in the top 5k of AA every week since it started has only built up enough coins for me to buy 1 fully maxed seal, which is a little saddening.

22 minutes ago, Okigen said:

Where can I find these info? Everyone was talking about new seals and I have no idea.

You need to complete a new chapter added to the Main Story on Normal first.  It's only one map, so shouldn't be too hard.

Feels very last minute.  They had two months to sort this out and the best they could do for the story mission is a 1-chapter intermission of a map we've already seen with old units?  Imagine if they decided to make it a boss battle like the dragon at the end of FE7.  I just feel like calling that mission intermission just to unlock the forge was a waste of potential.  Also, the forge.  Disappointed again.  It will certainly be useful, but I think people were hoping for a lot of other things.  Overall, the update was not worth the wait.  Sacred Forge is cool and all but given that they hyped it up starting like 2 months ago, it was very underwhelming.  

It's been a long time since we had a jaw-dropping update.  Progression has slowed down on this game, I wonder if they're still making a lot of money of this game or not....

Also, the button they added to the home screen (the castle) looks very out of place. They should move or recolor it.

And yea, why do we keep getting BHBs?

Edited by Lushen

24 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Feels very last minute.  They had two months to sort this out and the best they could do for the story mission is a 1-chapter intermission of a map we've already seen with old units?  Imagine if they decided to make it a boss battle like the dragon at the end of FE7.  I just feel like calling that mission intermission just to unlock the forge was a waste of potential.  Also, the forge.  Disappointed again.  It will certainly be useful, but I think people were hoping for a lot of other things.  Overall, the update was not worth the wait.  Sacred Forge is cool and all but given that they hyped it up starting like 2 months ago, it was very underwhelming.  

It's been a long time since we had a jaw-dropping update.  Progression has slowed down on this game, I wonder if they're still making a lot of money of this game or not....

Also, the button they added to the home screen (the castle) looks very out of place. They should move or recolor it.

And yea, why do we keep getting BHBs?

There was no reason to expect even one story map for a version update, so I don't see any reason to complain about not getting more.

Currently, version updates mean a new feature, a new Squad Assault, and some interface polishing. We got all that, plus a new map as a bonus.

12 hours ago, Vince777 said:

To be frank, badges are still entirely useless and we all have an endless amount of them. They could have made only the coins a requirement to forge and it would not have changed a single thing. I will always be missing coins to forge. Never will I be missing badges.

Upgrading all my (important) seals to their max level will take a long time. Maybe I should have taken Arena Assault rankings more seriously..

The badge requirements for upgrading seals to tier 3 are actually pretty high. I've been playing from the very beginning, and I can easily see myself running out of badges for some of the upgrades.

3600 Sacred coins to fully upgrade every existing seal that can be upgraded (including ones that are newly released). This total does not count creation costs.

At least there would be additional sources of Sacred Coins (namely future Tempest Trials events and quests).

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

The badge requirements for upgrading seals to tier 3 are actually pretty high. I've been playing from the very beginning, and I can easily see myself running out of badges for some of the upgrades.

the real limiting factor here are the coins, though

By the time you get enough coins, you'll probably have enough badges, espeically since they've upped the amount you get in the tower. I made 3 seals today and already made up basically every badge I spent

10 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

What's the issue with BHBs? They (along with GHBs) are one of the main sources of fun challenge this game has.

I'd guess it's because they're like rehash Banners (the kind with units already in the game). They don't really add anything (aka new characters) like GHBs do. BHBs pad things out, and the recent decline in new GHBs are leaving some on edge against these fakers.

Here I was thinking they might be used to purchase past seasonal heroes.  I have literally like no sacred coins lol but I don't bother with Sacred Seals so I'm okay with not collecting this currency.

I wonder if the Deflect seals can stack with Urvan for 96% damage reduction.

It'd be an even worse idea than using a Deflect seal on any other character, but it'd be funny.