Which seals upgrade do you prioritize?

Prince Endriu

I mist admit I am kind of overwhelmed by the new upgrade possibilities.

Since I have started my account end of July I don't even have that many badges.

I am not sure which seals to tackle first, or if I should max out 1 seal or just upgrade a couple. So I think I am gonna wait a little bit until I invest in them.

What are your plans?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did Attack +3 first to support my Brave attackers like Reinhardt and Elincia. Planning on doing Distant Def next, since it seems really useful for characters meant to fight ranged attackers on the enemy phase, like Hector.

Edited by Othin

Upgraded Distant Def to 3. I think I might wait for TT to see what new seal they hit us with before I upgrade any more. I find it funny that my PA!Olivia and Inigo can heal adjacent allies for 21 hp with the BoL seal + skill + weapon. That's like half a unit's health.

Distant Defense so my CYL Ike can have 29 res against mages with Urvan (and 41 def).  Breath of Life would be great to invest in for Linde which would let her heal +19 health to nearby enemies, assuming they stack.

Sacred Seals definitely count toward your Arena matchmaking score (the teams at 742 are now suddenly diverse in a weird way), so I upgraded to Attack Ploy 3 and Panic Ploy 2. Now it seems like my team can consistently get 742-point matches instead of having some 740-point opponents sprinkled in.

I'll bump up Panic Ploy 3 next, then work on Distant Def 3.

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sacred Seals definitely count toward your Arena matchmaking score (the teams at 742 are now suddenly diverse in a weird way), so I upgraded to Attack Ploy 3 and Panic Ploy 2. Now it seems like my team can consistently get 742-point matches instead of having some 740-point opponents sprinkled in.

I'll bump up Panic Ploy 3 next, then work on Distant Def 3.

Oh! Interesting. All of them? Some more than others?

Wonder if that will mean a bump beyond 742

Deflect Magic, Distant Defence, Hardy Bearing, Deflect Missile are my priorities in that order currently speaking.

Upgraded seals do affect arena score. As well I'm assuming that the ones with a higher base cost (Deflect Magic's 50 vs some of the more basic seals' 20) are worth more but I have no consistent way to test that.

@NekoKnight Its down to 50% requirement, text wasn't changed correctly. We'll probably get make up orbs/coins for it in the future.

Edited by TheNiddo

1 minute ago, Prince Endriu said:

Oh! Interesting. All of them? Some more than others?

They probably count exactly as much as the actual skill counts. There just wasn't a visible difference previously because the first-tier skills were worth so little.

In any case, anyone wanting a small boost in their Arena score should focus on upgrading skills before buying new skills and upgrading non-stat skills before stat skills.

7 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Wonder if that will mean a bump beyond 742

I'm not sure how scoring works, but we might be able to get to 744 if skills are worth that much. Right now, we're limited to one third-tier seal, one second-tier seal, and two first-tier seals, so I'm not sure how much increasing that two four third-tier seals would add.

On the other hand, someone managed to get a single Hawkeye into a 742-point team.

2 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Its down to 50% requirement, text wasn't changed correctly. We'll probably get make up orbs/coins for it in the future.

The Japanese version has the correct text. Considering we haven't gotten any compensation previously for incorrectly translated text, I doubt we'd get any this time. They'll probably just ninja patch it at some point.

Given that they didn't give any compensation for Physic or Beorc's Blessing, I don't see any reason to think they'd give compensation for this.

And those were a bigger deal because they made those skills sound more powerful than they actually were, which could cause players to spend resources getting something that doesn't do what they thought it would.

All the Deflect skills, Panic Ploy, Distant Defense, Hardy Bearings, and the +3 skills are going to be the ones I upgrade in that order. The deflect skills are just too good to ignore.

Sacred Coins actually had something to do with Sacred Seals? I'm shocked! Who could have seen this coming??

Anyway, I think I'll go for getting all three Deflect seals and then upgrade Panic Ploy. I'm not too concerned with my area score so I'd rather just get some of the seals I don't have first.

Edited by Sproutling
Edit

I burned all the coins I had on buying the Deflect Seals, but I feel like Magic Deflect, Distant Defense, and Panic Ploy are the most compelling.

I kind of wish the Seals that are priced at 20 would also have equally cheap upgrades. They know how valuable the anti-meta seals are. And they aint as valuable as Res+.

I created the Deflect Magic seal since a lot of my units have low res. And I enhanced the Def+1 seal for Frederick. :3 That's all I've done so far for seal forging tho.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm so indecisive, I don't know if I'll be able to pick.

I'll probably do my +Spd Seal, since that's good all purpose.  Then Attack Ploy, since Titania uses that one, then maybe +Def after that, since Xander uses it.  With Gauntlet giving Coins, I don't know if that means we'll be getting Coins more abundantly now.

I’m focusing on creating seals for the time being since I doubt having a 3rd tier seal would affect my Arena scoring enough to remain in tier 20; right now, I’m cycling between tiers 19 and 20.

Right now I just created the deflect seals, I think I'm going to focus on Distant Defense, Panic Ploy and Hardy Bearing. The stats are nice but there's I have little need for them when going between tier 19 and 20 and destroying Reinhardt is a priority.

I got all of the deflect seals, now I'm focusing on upgrading the Distant Defence seal. Once I have that I might target the Deflect Magic or Panic Ploy seal next.

Edit: If the rewards are consistant then I'll be able to upgrade it fully by the time of the 3rd round of the gauntlet.

Edited by Zelgius