Which seals upgrade do you prioritize?

Prince Endriu

I'm not upgrading or creating yet, I'm waiting if we'll get some of the new seals as an award and upgrade seals the moment I need one (i.e. for GHB).

When I have enough coins to create 2-3 level 3 seals I'll probably start with one of these: ATK+3 (for player content), Distant Def or one of the ploys (for Arena defense). 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just waiting for now since I don't have that many sacred coins saved up since I am rather lazy with AA and only do the daily quests involving AA.  I will look into making the new seals after the VG ends.  I will probably upgrade speed and resistance seals first when I start upgrading since those are the ones that are the most useful to me right now.

I haven't gotten Phantom Speed, so I will wait until the next mini TT to see if it's there (great if it is!). 

I've gotten Deflect Attack 1, and I upgraded Panic Ploy to two. Distance Defense is really needed for a mage tank, so I will invest in that first as well. 

-

Also, I like that this update just appeared randomly, so I wasn't able to look through the datamine.

FEH, btch, surprise me more please. (' v')v

Edited by Aera

Immediately got distant def 3. Ryoma now hits 46/40/34 bulk with S/S bonuses, Fury, and DD3 against ranged. 44def/38 res if he gets buffs in those areas.

Debating between Atk3, Fort Def, or Fort Res upgrades next. I'll run some calcs for hector wrt deflect missile to see if it's necessary if he just runs guard against rein/brave bows.

Got Attack+3 atm for the biggest offense on my Brave Archer/maybe Reinhardt sometimes. Distand Def 3 is next, and after that, who knows. Prolly some deflects...

Fortify Res/Def for Bladetome - Supportbot Eirika also; giving almost the full amount of buffs by herself is pretty cool.

I upgraded Distant Defense to 3 and bought the Reflect Magic one. They seem like they'll be great to have right now.

I'd really like Hardy Bearing 3, Atk +3, and Spd +3 too. And finish the Reflect Magic one too. I think the only ones I don't feel much urgency for is the spurs and hones. Even if a full-fledged hone would be nice on some support units.

I'm going to update the seals that are good for my Oboros, so Def seal for sure... And whatever can be usefull for her. For now I just created one of the deflect seals, the arrow one for Takumi

For my second account, I upgraded Distant Defense to 3 for extra Arena scoring (also using armour team, so DD really helps with BK)

Have to wait for the next VG for Sacred Coins since I'm now down to 9.

For my main, I think I'll wait first since there's no urgent need for anything yet.

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Created deflect magic and missile.

Upgraded Distant Def and Deflect Magic to level 2, and will probably focus on getting those 2 to level 3 first.

This, but I picked up Spur Atk 1 too. I'm going to max out Deflect Magic first before I work on Distant Def though.

I'm pretty sure Sacred Seals don't affect arena scoring though.

I started with Deflect Missile (Julia does not need Deflect Magic), and I'm leaning towards getting that to Lv. 3, assuming the Round 2 Gauntlet quests include 45 total Sacred Coins.

After that I'm torn between practicality (Atk + seal for Caeda) and points (Panic Ploy, Atk Ploy, Distant Def, etc.). I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

44 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm pretty sure Sacred Seals don't affect arena scoring though.

They most certainly do. It's most apparent if you have a unit that can overflow (context), ex. I had a team using

• Hector [+Atk/-HP] +10: Armads, Rally [Stat 1]/[Stat 2], Aether/Galeforce, Distant Counter, [240 point B slot], [200 point C slot], Breath of Life 1 seal

This team regularly got 742s in Arena Assault. However, changing Breath of Life 1 to Panic Ploy 1 caused the score range to drop to ~720s. From that, I conclude:

1. Seals are obviously worth something.
  2. Some seals are worth more than others (I personally hold the belief that it's based on the value of the actual skill the Seal draws the ability from, which I have seen mentioned by others).

Beyond that, giving Breath of Life 1 to a different unit, then changing it to Panic Ploy, made no change in the score range. From that, I conclude that unit scores are calculated individually, as opposed to the team stat/SP total being calculated...for whatever that's worth.

Edited by LordFrigid

+attack for Reinhardt and distant defense for hector or BK is what I'm working on ATM. Question for u guys: do the defense bonuses for steady stance and distant defense stack when you're attacked by bows and daggers? Haven't had a chance to test this out yet.

After a bit of deliberation I went with Distant Def 2 and made Deflect Magic. I'm going to need 70 more Great Blue Badges, never thought I'd need them but yeah. I'm going to go ahead and max out Distant Def and then I'll decide what to do. Attack+3 and Speed+3 are pretty enticing though.

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm not upgrading or creating yet, I'm waiting if we'll get some of the new seals as an award and upgrade seals the moment I need one (i.e. for GHB).

When I have enough coins to create 2-3 level 3 seals I'll probably start with one of these: ATK+3 (for player content), Distant Def or one of the ploys (for Arena defense). 

Good thinking! I might do the same. Sometimes its a matter of one stat that decides if a unit survives or not.

Not going to bother buying seals since I have a suspicion that there may still be "Seal Rewards" down the line, so I rather focus on upgrades than getting new seals.

So, I focused on the +SPD Seal and the +Fortify Defense Seal. I'm still heavily reliant on my main team (Ryoma, Ephraim, Nino, "Random"), so helping Ephraim with the buffs helps Nino and my team a fair bit. Then, for +SPD, I find it as a very important stat to raise and find it amusing to put on slower units. When it's not on Ryoma, I have it on my +SPD Chrom who is currently running a "SPD Manipulation" build (Defiant SPD, Quick Riposte, Threaten SPD).

I would like to upgrade Distant Defense at some point and I will probably do so once I get the coins I need.

40 minutes ago, Sire said:

Not going to bother buying seals since I have a suspicion that there may still be "Seal Rewards" down the line, so I rather focus on upgrades than getting new seals.

So, I focused on the +SPD Seal and the +Fortify Defense Seal. I'm still heavily reliant on my main team (Ryoma, Ephraim, Nino, "Random"), so helping Ephraim with the buffs helps Nino and my team a fair bit. Then, for +SPD, I find it as a very important stat to raise and find it amusing to put on slower units. When it's not on Ryoma, I have it on my +SPD Chrom who is currently running a "SPD Manipulation" build (Defiant SPD, Quick Riposte, Threaten SPD).

I would like to upgrade Distant Defense at some point and I will probably do so once I get the coins I need.

What are the pics in your sig? Some anime show that I dont know about?

I don't have enough coins to justify getting to level three, so I've been focusing on getting the ones I use the most to level two.

Right now, I have DD2 and +2 Attack, and I plan to get +2 Speed next. From there, I'll upgrade those to level three.

After that, maybe I'll work on the ploys.

So far I have Atk +2 and Distant Def 2 seals, after the gauntlet I'll have Distant Def 3 for my Xander (who also has Distant Def 3)

After that I'll probably get Deflect Magic, I hope TT gives a lot of coins.

The Atk seal is first, because blowing things up with Spring Camilla is a must.

After that, it will be the HP seals.  Anything to make Leon more sturdy!

11 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

What are the pics in your sig? Some anime show that I dont know about?

Steins;Gate, specifically from the Visual Novel version of Steins;Gate 0. (The first is a CG picture from 0, while the second is fan art that mimics the VN style.)

If you want to see the differences in the art styles, here is a video of the upcoming "Steins;Gate Elite" which apparently mixes in the anime version with the VN itself. The elite version covers the original Steins;Gate. Steins;Gate 0 (the pictures in my signature) is a "sequel" of sorts that expands heavily on one of the plot elements of the original.

The anime version of Steins;Gate is spectacular. It is essentially about a group of friends who begin dabbling in time travel. The beginning is slow because it introduces the characters and sets everything up, but once it starts going, it becomes an amazing ride. Both the subbed and dubbed versions are great, and if the anime is not enough, I highly recommend the Visual Novels because there is so much more content.
Back to the topic at hand, I decided to upgrade my Distant Defense seal. Right now I have it on F!Robin, but I am considering putting it on Nino instead of her "Squad HP" seal. Thing is, the extra HP helps when dealing with Hectors, so I am not sure if "Reinhardt Insurance" will be worth the trade-off.

I upgraded both Fortify Seals to level 2, though maybe the coins would have been better spent on Spurs instead? I've been really enjoying my Spur Def 3+1 Robin, and I can only imagine the kind of shenanigans that Spur 3+3 (comes out to 8, IIRC) can accomplish. 

But for now, Distant Def definitely seems like the best investment, continuing that can only otherwise come from Celica/PA Olivia and it has TONS of utility. Like, that feels way more worthwhile than either of the ranged Deflect seals, personally. Otherwise, Breath of Life is probably gonna be a good one to do since it offers 14 HP recovery whenever initiating an attack, even more if you're an Aura-using Linde or have one of the PA weapons. 

I'm probably gonna focus my efforts on DD along with unique stuff like Hardy Bearing and BoL first, then go for the spurs and maybe squad aces after that.

Really, I think it depends on what units you want to prioritize, and what areas of improvement are needed most.