Which seals upgrade do you prioritize?

Prince Endriu

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I first upgraded Fortify Res for my Eirika, then Atk Ploy for my PA!Azura. Now that we know Ayra is a GHB/ TT Reward, I'll probably get and give her Phantom Spd 3. I knew it would come in handy one day (right now my 4* Soren has it, and he's on the bench).

Why would she need phantom speed? That seal affects only skills that compare speed (like windsweep) not the actual SPD stat. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh great, it has got a kind of heavy blade effect which compares SPD instead of ATK, that makes sense. Thanks! 

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Ayra's_Blade

Strictly speaking, I question the necessity of Phantom Speed for this, but that's in a joking matter regarding Ayra's ridiculously high speed already.

3 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Strictly speaking, I question the necessity of Phantom Speed for this, but that's in a joking matter regarding Ayra's ridiculously high speed already.

Fair point, but I've seen enough merged units and B!Lyns in the Arena that I think I'll appreciate it in the long run :P

24 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Fair point, but I've seen enough merged units and B!Lyns in the Arena that I think I'll appreciate it in the long run :P

Yeah, I'll be doing that too.

All things considered, she's not that fast. If you subtract her Ayra's Blade speed, you get an idea what speed threshold she'll nullify- and ~41 is pretty easy to meet by fast units.

(Pity Windsweep cancels doubles).

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

My Bride Caeda has 49 Spd without buffs or a Sacred Seal.

Hmm, I don't think I posted here yet.

Right now I have Attack +3 just to make Bride Cordelia/Brave Lyn even more overpowered.

Next one is probably going to be Distant Def 3 so I tank Reinhardt better. My -HP Nino sadly gets KO'd by the Quickened Pulse ones.

9 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Hmm, I don't think I posted here yet.

Right now I have Attack +3 just to make Bride Cordelia/Brave Lyn even more overpowered.

Next one is probably going to be Distant Def 3 so I tank Reinhardt better. My -HP Nino sadly gets KO'd by the Quickened Pulse ones.

oh i met a +10 Brave Bow Blyn with +3 Attack seal. Still hit Boey for 0 dmg (and he runs Gronnowl and not Gronnraven). The counter was delicious strong with Bonfire

Update:

My plans haven't changed (Hardy Bearing, then Panic Ploy), but new Seals have been added in the new Tempest Trial: Brash Assault, Atk Smoke, and Guidance. Anyone going to be changing their upgrade plans for any of these?

To be honest, I think I'll go with Atk Smoke after Panic Ploy. Being able to use a Drive skill alongside Atk Smoke seems really fucking OP, on paper at least. I might do this combination on Delthea. There's also using it alongside Savage Blow 3, giving your unit a weaker and anti-Atk Deathly Dagger, but with Smoke Dagger's debuff range.

The other two seem pretty awesome, though. Putting Fury 3 on Lyn actually seems pretty awesome for the Brash Assault seal (Sol Katti as her weapon, Ardent Sacrifice as her Support, Fury 3 as her A, Escape Route 3 as her B, and Brash Assault 3 as her seal); you could put her at low HP and she'll be able to make a guaranteed Desperation from anywhere on the map as long as there's any ally there. She'll be insane in Arena. Now that I thought about this build, the only reason I'm not putting it higher on my priority list is because I don't have Lyn (I have Bow!Lyn, not her original).

The Guidance seal will undoubtedly be used alongside Hone/Fortify skills that normally take up it's C Passive slot. It'll also prove very powerful alongside Ploy skills, especially if an ally unit already has that specific Ploy skill as their seal (in this case, Panic Ploy or Atk Ploy). I don't see it being a priority unless your best team is a Flier team, in that case kudos to you :D

EDIT: I just came up with the perfect build for Lyn: Sol Katti, Ardent Sacrifice, Galeforce, Fury 3, Escape Route 3, Spd Smoke 3, and the Brash Assault 3 seal. She becomes capable of teleporting across the map and destroying multiple foes per turn, possibly even Desperation Quadding opponents suffering from the Spd Smoke effect. I think I just created cancer.

Edited by MilodicMellodi

I think about Brash Assault...
The thing is that I focus much on my Arena team now and don't know where to use it.
And I think that Alfons could also gain much from Brash Assault Seal if I must use him. He could be finally a solid unit! (Oh he is a red swordfighter so my idea is invalid) 

Also I guess: Brave sword + Desperation + Brash Assault > Folkvangr + Desperation + Brash Assault.... hmmm

I could also go for Guidance and build a partner for Arden. Arden is also material for mixed teams.

Edited by Stroud

Currently working towards the Atk +3 seal for Genny, it'll get her up to 53 Atk before buffs.

Next will probably be Deflect Missile because fuck Lyn.

So far I’ve fully upgraded the Attack seal for my -atk Ike, the Squad Ace D seal (I’m vain, I like how it looks better than the normal Speed one) for Seliph, and I’ve made the Deflect Magic seal. I think I’ll probably work on upgradeing the Attack Smoke seal once I get it and give that to Soren. 

Right now I have Distant Defense 3 and Deflect Magic 3 sacred seals alongside Fortify res 2. I think after maxing Fortify res I'll go with Panic Ploy, Hardy bearing, Brash Assault and Speed+ in that order. 

The attack smoke seal has jumped up my list of priorities. I do like that it activates defensively and it is so easy to bait the AI into attacking something they can't really hurt which then makes all their other units hit feebly on their counters on my phase. That said my experience with it is kinda low since Lyn likes to have Hone Cav to bolster Rein's abilities, there have been quite a few instances where I really needed that +6 to secure some K.O.'s.